daomon

Is it possible to use AC or DC electricity to give us Chi energy?

Qigong is still fascinating,can you get it from electricity?dunno.

Why would you bother.

Ancient practiced used successfully well before ac or dc power.

Still works today,no batteries required.

• Like 1

If you want to work with a low level electrical charge.  I suggest meditating with a thick wool sweater in the dry of winter.  Maybe shuffle your feet on some carpeting first.  Boom baby, you are charged, anything you touch that's not grounded will experience a tiny lightning bolt, aka static shock. 

I get those without even trying.

• Like 1

Qi is primarily felt in our body by our nervous system. Unfortunately, I've little idea how our nerve cells transmit information. Maybe they contain charged ions, like a salt solution, and these travel along the nerve. Or maybe they are more like a copper wire conducting electrons down them. Either way, charged particles have something to do with it, which means, yes, electricity can influence them (and therefore Qi?).

I, for a long time, have seen that charged particles have a fairly important role in what Qi might be. What is interesting at the moment, are the developments in Quantum Biology, as mentioned earlier in this thread. There are some fascinating effects, like the navigation of birds, that have explanations in the mysterious world of Quantum Mechanics.

But one of the weird aspects of Quantum Mechanics is that it is so subtle that the very act of measuring it can totally change the results. This might help explain why Qi is sometimes so elusive to modern science. If it too has its roots in Quantum Mechanics, then because of this subtlety, we are a long way from understanding it from a scientific point of view.

• Like 2

Miffymog - I've very glad you have raised these issues.

I highly recommend Stuart Hameroff.

I was watching David Eagleman's new Brain series on PBS and I was like - hold on there buddy! He does very much mainstream Big Pharma consciousness propaganda.

I just did a new blogpost on Stuart Hameroff but he's replied back to me a couple times - first time back in 2000 when I first began researching after my intensive qigong training to finish my master's degree.

http://timefrequencyqigong.blogspot.com/2015/10/consciousness-is-more-like-music-plus.html

So he gives answers to where does "charge" or "spin" come from and the connection to consciousness.

I then discuss some of the other quantum biology issues - like Dr. Mae Ho's research.

I know some have said that yuan qi is positive ions while yin qi is negative ions.

This is an interesting angle - but I think too simplistic.

When you research positive ions they say too much of it causes serotonin syndrome - i.e. over-active vagus nerve to the heart.

It's interesting that indeed the deep yuan qi originates on the right side of the heart with the reptilian vagus nerve from the left side of the brain going to the right side of the heart.

But we know that deep yuan qi energy is actually beyond the physical body - it enables survival after death - for example the original qigong master says how his heart stopped for over 2 hours yet he was walking around fine!

So instead we are talking about a quantum origin of the energy based on microtubules - which is also what  Dr. mae-Wan ho focuses on. The qi energy moves too fast for it to be just a nerve conduction. The source of the synapses is actually microtubule quantum processing.

So the acupuncture meridians are not limited to the nerves but actually are based on the collagen microtubules.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but not entirely..

When an electron is travelling a path and comes across two doors/slits, it can choose to go through either the left one, or the right one. In the correct circumstances, the single electron is actually magically able to go through both at the same time, and then interfere/interact with itself as it exits them. The fact that an electron can go through both doors / be in two different states at the same time is a fundamental aspect of quantum mechanics.

Now, if someone tries to work out which one it goes through by measuring it, then it only goes through one of them. In this case, it can no longer interact/interfere with itself and a different result is seen. Here, when asked, the electron is then reduced to just one state.

I like to compare this situation to asking myself in the evening if I want a curry or not. I'm not asking an open question like,what food should I eat, rather its a closed question with only a yes or no answer.

Before I ask myself the question, that part of my brain which will consider this answer will be in both a curry wanting and curry not wanting state – simultaneously. There might be a higher chance, when asked, that it will go one way or the other, but my mind is quite capable to be in both states at the same time.

Then along comes the conscious, asking/questioning part of my mind. When it enacts, and asks the question, that part of my brain concerned with curries is reduced to one state, either yes or no and the answer is given via feeling/intuition.

What's going on here is that an element of my consciousness has the ability to 'collapse a wave fuction' i.e. reduce the dual curry state into a single one. This example of consciousness behaving in a quantum mechanical manner has been obvious to me for some time. It's not a new idea by any means, and there does seem to be more weight building towards these kind of direction, but it's still a fairly non-conventional way of seeing things.

So, is the world flat ( :)  ) is the mind a quantum supper computer?

Who knows...

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

Qi is different from electricity- that's why it is difficult to measure Qi, which isn't a problem when measuring electricity

Someone mentioned a sauna- the heat you feel afterwards might be Jing depletion

Using a grounding wire can help to eliminate static buildup

I'm betting someone discovered Qi long before electricity was 'discovered'...

Those good old days, when everything wasn't so simple as 'just plugging it in' ;)

• Like 2

AC or DC electricity would be a convenient way to top up our Chi. I've given this some thought but have not found any practical ways to do it.

One way is to use the electricity by means of a heater like in the sauna or a space heater and heat our bodies but that's indirect use of the electricity.

Is it possible to use electricity to give us energy or Chi?

Yes!  Very possible.

In fact there are devices designed to increase your chi with electricity to the extent you need not worry about mundane stuff like drinking when thirsty or eating when hungry or even fornicating when horny.

I am sure you can buy them from USA surplus as they switched to doing injections now.

That can be a real out of the world experience when you get your friend to throw that switch on.

Idiotic Taoist happy to cast his pearls

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but not entirely..

When an electron is travelling a path and comes across two doors/slits, it can choose to go through either the left one, or the right one. In the correct circumstances, the single electron is actually magically able to go through both at the same time, and then interfere/interact with itself as it exits them. The fact that an electron can go through both doors / be in two different states at the same time is a fundamental aspect of quantum mechanics.

Now, if someone tries to work out which one it goes through by measuring it, then it only goes through one of them. In this case, it can no longer interact/interfere with itself and a different result is seen. Here, when asked, the electron is then reduced to just one state.

I like to compare this situation to asking myself in the evening if I want a curry or not. I'm not asking an open question like,what food should I eat, rather its a closed question with only a yes or no answer.

Before I ask myself the question, that part of my brain which will consider this answer will be in both a curry wanting and curry not wanting state – simultaneously. There might be a higher chance, when asked, that it will go one way or the other, but my mind is quite capable to be in both states at the same time.

Then along comes the conscious, asking/questioning part of my mind. When it enacts, and asks the question, that part of my brain concerned with curries is reduced to one state, either yes or no and the answer is given via feeling/intuition.

What's going on here is that an element of my consciousness has the ability to 'collapse a wave fuction' i.e. reduce the dual curry state into a single one. This example of consciousness behaving in a quantum mechanical manner has been obvious to me for some time. It's not a new idea by any means, and there does seem to be more weight building towards these kind of direction, but it's still a fairly non-conventional way of seeing things.

So, is the world flat ( :)  ) is the mind a quantum supper computer?

Who knows...

Miffymog - what you are describing has actually been the subject of a lot of research based on Libet's experiments of delayed reactions and then the quantum mind analysis of this which includes a literal backward time or time from the future effect. So specifically it takes 500 milliseconds for your conscious self-awareness to acknowledge that your finger just got pricked by a pin but it takes your immediate proto-conscious - your quantum awareness only 50 milliseconds to react. I have been thinking lately how everyone should have a "primal scream" every day since it's good for you - and now I know the science why. But science says the only way we can become self-aware of what we just did, after our consciousness already reacted, is that their is a backward time effect of consciousness, a slight lag between immediate awareness and actual self-awareness defined by the prefrontal cortex analysis.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAAahUKEwjm18rKmt7IAhWOth4KHXMgC3k&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjournal.frontiersin.org%2Farticle%2F10.3389%2Ffnint.2012.00093%2Fpdf&usg=AFQjCNFafS6HqSgNMy7thCm7WBmvQ8rWmQ&sig2=3S9zmtlIMjBAslqEkm4srg&bvm=bv.105841590,d.dmo&cad=rja

That's the pdf link for Stuart Hameroff's paper on free will.

The thing is that Hameroff points out Schrodinger's half dead/half alive cat paradox was to point out the absurdity of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics - because it keeps consciousness outside of the science as an external factor - so that something doesn't exist yet until the measurement takes place.

Instead Roger Penrose has developed a quantum gravity model that combines relativity with quantum so that after a certain threshold of time or energy frequency then the collapse of the non-local wave takes place and this collapse actually causes self-aware consciousness.

This means that self-aware consciousness exists all over the universe where this threshold takes place and it interacts with the amino acids made from stars - as self-conscious life.

But it also means that a person resonates their self-aware consciousness which is the delayed reaction effect with the proto-consciousness that is the quantum nondual energy - there is an increased free will because you get more information from the future due to the bending of spacetime!

So this explains precognition but it also means that our spirits living in 4D spacetime actually arise out of an eternal time-frequency quantum gravity holograph realm of infinite information - so that our spirits have a 4D trajectory based on our deep subconscious emotional desires but that they are already resolved in the future, as is already known by the eternal soul as the proto-conscious quantum realm. Space is finite but time-frequency energy is eternal. So that our space as a physical body or a planet or a star will eventually collapse or the universe as a whole spatially but that in terms of time the energy-frequency will just reverse itself so that the future becomes the past again, only manifesting in different form.

Over many years,researchers (Bierman and Radin,1997;

Bierman and Scholte,2002; Radin,2004) have published a

number of well-controlled studies using electrodermal activity,

fMRI and other methods to look for emotional responses,e.g.,

to viewing images presented at random times on a computer

screen. They found, not surprisingly, that highly emotional (e.g.,

violent, sexual) images elicited greater responses than neutral, non-emotional images. But surprisingly, the changes occurred half a second to two seconds before the images appeared. They

termed the effect pre-sentiment because the subjects were not

consciously aware of the emotional feelings. Non-conscious emo-

tional sentiment(i.e.,feelings) appeared to be referred backward

in time.These studies were published in the parapsychology lit-

erature, as mainstream academic journals refused to consider

them.

Bem (2012) published “Feeling the future:experimental evi-

dence for anomalous retroactive influences on cognition and

affect” in the mainstream J. Pers.Soc.Psychol. The article reported

on eight studies showing statistically significant backward time

effects, most involving non-conscious influence of future emo-

tional effects (e.g.,erotic or threatening stimuli) on cognitive

choices. Studies by others have reported both replication, and

failure to replicate, the controversial results.

So then Hameroff mentions the dual particle/wave paradox experiments and says it's now been proven that the results of either a particle or wave depend on the choice of the person observing the measurements.

So the measurement method choice of creating a particle or wave can be made after the actual electron passes through the slit and it is the actual measurement method choice that determines whether it's a particle or wave result.

But this is proven to happen to entangled particles that have already been measured!

So if entangled particles are measured presumable it is known whether the measurement method creates a wave or a particle but as long as they remain unobserved then a third entanglement choice of measuring a wave or particle retroactively in time decides the outcome of the two previous entangled particles.

How Victor decides to measure the two particles (as

an entangled pair, or as separable particles) determines whether

Alice and Bob observe them as entangled (showing quantum

correlations) or separable (showing classical correlations). This

happens even if Victor decides after Alice’s and Bob’sdevices have

measured them (but before Alice and Bob consciously view the

results). Thus, conscious choice affects behavior of previously

measured, but unobserved, events.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 2

Whenever I am fiddling with my Tesla based kit, I clearly feel my aura uplifted by the the high frequency vibes given off by the oscillator. I figure, a Tesla coil would yet have a much more pronounced effect.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Electric cattle fence may be a safe practice,to experiment,we use a green blade of grass to test electric fences.

It will give plenty of energy,if you touch it with bare hands,but shouldn't electrocute,well not unless you get tangled with the electric fence,repeated shocks could be difficult to cope with.

As a disclaimer,suggest you devise you own experiments with it,please report anything shocking.

Any short term rise in chi energy will be short lived,no longer than the electric pulse.

Edited by Aussie
  • Like 1

The International Space Station, officially designed a U.S. National Laboratory, houses hundreds of projects investigating everything from the effects of weightlessness on viruses (which become more virulent) and crystals (which grow much larger) to human bodies (which suffer bone density degradation and damaged eyesight). Scientists hope medicines developed in the unusual conditions of space can help treat regular health issues on Earth.

So if a qigong master is in the space station and can move things without touching them - directing the objects with qi energy - would this prove that qi energy is also an effect of gravity waves?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-antigravity-chambers-exist/

Yes of course Qi is electricity, but depends on what kind of electricity. When you measure a EEG , EKG, tomography, magnetic resonance and all that stuff you measure the heart or brain or whatever organ Qi. Moreover they measured IR and electrical potential of meridians and accupuncture points, also there is a well established electro-accupuncture. I used too a zapper for a long term which is injecting the meridians with negative ions but the issue with using zappers long term is that you gradually deplete positive ions like Ca++, Mg+, K+, Na+ so basically this is "Jing" deficiency, make sure you eat or supplement with plenty of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium. All body hormones need positive ions and micro-elements like Copper, Selenium, Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Iodine and so on.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/ch7bpptnerveimpulsesandreflexes-140109183439-phpapp02/95/ch7bppt-nerve-impulses-and-reflexes-4-638.jpg?cb=1389292543

N

http://philschatz.com/physics-book/resources/Figure_21_07_05a.jpg

Not to mention you need H+ ions which is why you need to eat citric acid, acetic acid (vinegar) and ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

The idea is that Qi is both Yin Qi and Yang Qi, in TCM Yin Qi is equate with Jing which are the fluids with all the ions dissolved in them including the blood that carry the Oxygen O2- ions while Yang Qi is usually just Qi which are actually the reduction-oxidation processes. This is what Qigong is doing, but it is not enough, Qigong is just one side of the coin.

https://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/360/flashcards/44360/png/screen_shot_2012-11-14_at_112800_am1352910528336.png

If you increase the flame of your candle at least make sure you replenish the oil in the candle otherwise you'll end up sooner than later.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 2

I used too a zapper for a long term which is injecting the meridians with negative ions but the issue with using zappers long term is that you gradually deplete positive ions

Yes, I'd agree with that - dries you up after a while...I only use it when the earth grid is getting pounded, it makes short work of those nasty energetic critters that love chaos.

so basically this is "Jing" deficiency, make sure you eat or supplement with plenty of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium. All body hormones need positive ions and micro-elements like Copper, Selenium, Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Iodine and so on.

My girl is a wiz with foods to eat and cover all of the essential elements, even for Vegans!

Go Vegan! Go Later! HaHa!

Thanks for that Andrei, nice to hear from you! :D 

• Like 1

So if a qigong master is in the space station and can move things without touching them - directing the objects with qi energy - would this prove that qi energy is also an effect of gravity waves?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-antigravity-chambers-exist/

Could be gravitational, magnetic, electric or something yet to be defined.

saw this comment at the bottom of the SciAm article, and groaned internally a little:

Why scientists ignore some places where the ball doesn't fall uprightly without push and initial velocity which exist an abnormal style of gravity on Earth? I saw some videos on YouTube that there are some places on Earth , when you drop a ball without any push , it will fall along a slant way. It' s not a magic trick.

• Like 1

Could be gravitational, magnetic, electric or something yet to be defined.

Hmm...

Given that energy is convertable between any form and is uncreated and indestructable, wouldn't it also mean that it doesn't really matter what the "form" is?

Everything that ever existed came from some form of pre-existing energy... and energy already exists within the void... But rather to me, it seems to be some kind of intelligence/probabilistic waveform that can be converted into any kind of form. It can be light if it wants, heat if it wants, sound if it wants, etc. 

Well, just my opinion, I feel like these various forms (gravity/heat/sound/light/etc) are just manifestations of some kind of intelligence, which is qi...

Edited by taoguy
  • Like 1

I was going to "Thank You" for that post until I got to this:

are just manifestations of some kind of intelligence, which is qi...

Thick phrase. 

I was going to "Thank You" for that post until I got to this:

Thick phrase. 

Watcha' mean "Thick", Marblehead?

Hmm...

Given that energy is convertable between any form and is uncreated and indestructable, wouldn't it also mean that it doesn't really matter what the "form" is?

Everything that ever existed came from some form of pre-existing energy... and energy already exists within the void... But rather to me, it seems to be some kind of intelligence/probabilistic waveform that can be converted into any kind of form. It can be light if it wants, heat if it wants, sound if it wants, etc. 

Well, just my opinion, I feel like these various forms (gravity/heat/sound/light/etc) are just manifestations of some kind of intelligence, which is qi...

yeah I didn't want to impose on Brian's limitations of what qi "could be."

To point out the obvious that he is limiting his response to a Western science worldview, might be deemed to be non-productive.

As for "some kind of intelligence" and then kind of equating that with a "probabilistic waveform" - I have to ask - or rather to say rhetorically - if qi energy was just some kind of probabilistic waveform intelligence don't you think it would have been discovered by science already?

Now I'll answer my own question - qi is a type of waveform indeed and also a type of intelligence. But the term probabilistic makes intelligence seems more like information or mathematical data. The problem with that is the logical assumptions of math - being mainly the symmetric logic of Western math, a "one to one" correspondence between number and geometry.

No reality is much stranger as qi energy exposes.

So what are we left with - yes qi is a type of waveform but one that can not be modeled by standard science. What does that mean? Well for example science assumes time is a spatial waveform - one-dimensional. That happens to be a wrong assumption as relativistic models of gravity are discovering - well actually de Broglie discovered that relativity violates the Law of Pythagoras, the very origins of Western science based on waveforms (that frequency is inverse to time).

So then what kind of wave form are we left with? It's one that is non-commutative - and one that defines time, not spatially, but rather as the inverse of frequency but also which is non-commutative.

The problem is Western science can not do much with such a definition - except realize it is the foundation of reality. I blogged on this recently - Roger Penrose has figured out just how messed up Western science is. For example he says that the origin of the universe has time being extremely asymmetrical yet time is assumed to be symmetric in western science. This is quite hilarious when you think about it.

But don't think about it too much! haha.

The OP is whether electrical power can enhance qigong training - to tie it in to my response, as I said before modern science electromagnetic energy is inherently pollution - why? Because it relies on this symmetric waveform!

• Like 2

Watcha' mean "Thick", Marblehead?

"Some kind of intelligence" allows for the concept of consciousness and intelligence outside living organisms.  From this it is easy to imagine all sorts of gods, demons, and other entities floating around in space or in other realms.

And, of course, to suggest that the forces of the universe is a manifestation of an intelligence we automatically consider it was caused by some intelligent god.

The processes of the universe are based in chaos and randomness.

Although you were speaking of Chi, which I agree is the energy of the universe, to apply intelligence to this energy suggests that it had godly powers.  The power of the energy of Chi is totally natural.  And sure, it causes creation and destruction but even I of little power can do that.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

"Some kind of intelligence" allows for the concept of consciousness and intelligence outside living organisms.  From this it is easy to imagine all sorts of gods, demons, and other entities floating around in space or in other realms.

And, of course, to suggest that the forces of the universe is a manifestation of an intelligence we automatically consider it was caused by some intelligent god.

The processes of the universe are based in chaos and randomness.

Although you were speaking of Chi, which I agree is the energy of the universe, to apply intelligence to this energy suggests that it had godly powers.  The power of the energy of Chi is totally natural.  And sure, it causes creation and destruction but even I of little power can do that.

That makes sense. I'll disclaim that I have no idea and it was a mere suggestion. 

However, I was not really thinking of the notion of a creationistic intelligence, but more of intelligence as in nature's capability to consolidate information and display them in various forms... Isn't that what intellect is? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm thinking, more of a re-ordering, a movement between order and chaos, the process of unwinding and winding.

Edited by taoguy

Okay.  I'm not trying to directly influence your thoughts.  It's just that I don't want rocks to suddenly have intelligence because some might decide to start throwing themselves at me.

• Like 2