Sign in to follow this  
VCraigP

Superficial advice on Sexual practice in P.O.B.

We are currently rewriting the book. We will be adding new practices such as the standing five-elements and spirit travel methods. We will also address many issues that need clarity.

Any lack of information is my fault and it is my responsibility to make sure that we present as much information as is necessary.

i keep hearing the same story, so i guess i should give the same answers

1. sexual practices taught by Mantak Chia are fine, my experience given, also the taoist practice group i collaborate with - so please, for honesty's sake, stop making general assumptions. there are a lot of people that found them helpful, and even more than that.

2. there are always two factors involved: the practice and the practicioners. if the results aren't good, one of them is to blame. don't always blame the practice, as you might have missed something. man isn't the measure of all things, and, with all due respect, neither your intelligence.

3. the best thing is first to check if you are compatible with the practice, and if you are, try first to REALLY understand what you are doing. after that, there will be no need to blame anyone and anything.

i know i'm practically a nobody on this forum, but please remember that firstly we bow to common sense.

Little

1. sexual practices taught by Mantak Chia are fine, my experience given, also the taoist practice group i collaborate with - so please, for honesty's sake, stop making general assumptions. there are a lot of people that found them helpful, and even more than that.

2. there are always two factors involved: the practice and the practicioners. if the results aren't good, one of them is to blame. don't always blame the practice, as you might have missed something. man isn't the measure of all things, and, with all due respect, neither your intelligence.

3. the best thing is first to check if you are compatible with the practice, and if you are, try first to REALLY understand what you are doing. after that, there will be no need to blame anyone and anything.

i know i'm practically a nobody on this forum, but please remember that firstly we bow to common sense.

Little

I personally don't need any info beyond what we have in the book, but I will try to beef things up if that is what people want. I appreciate all input and I know that Trunk has some excellent info on the subject.

this is the second time i've said this, outside pressure (especially on the perineum) to block off ejaculation is absolutely not the way to go. www.alchemicaltaoism.com has an entire article about this in which michael winn himself (a ht associate or something similar) said that they are removing the technique.

If brown or red emission, this is not a good sign and you should see an herbalist or acupuncturist.
Lol, uh yea. If your jizz is any color but WHITE, you probably need medical examination and maybe a slot on "Ripley's Believe It Or Not!" :mellow:

Cuz I have yet to ever hear of red or brown jizz? Anyone???

1. sexual practices taught by Mantak Chia are fine, my experience given, also the taoist practice group i collaborate with ..

There's been much more mixed results observed in this and the previous discussion forum. Over .. 8 or 9 years, many people from as varied as you might get (assuming internet connection). "Dangerous" and "risky" (yet "not without opportunity") are probably not far off from the middle-of-the-bell-curve view, here. Not to invalidate anyone's experience on your side. A mix of views is what makes the forum go 'round. :)

Little

Little 1

I have been studying with Mantak Chia personally in seminar and at retreats since 1986.

I have studied directly with Michael Winn. I am intimately familiar with HT practices and am a certified instructor in HT, though I do not teach.

I do not think you have understood the context of my comments. I have been a member of this online community sense it's inception (more or less) and have paid attention to the dialog on this board and Healing Tao USA board's discussion before that. Sean Omlor started The Tao Bums after lengthy involvement on HTUSA discussion forum. I believe the HTUSA forum was around since 1998? or so (someone help me with my history here). The conversation over the wisdom of the teaching of sexual kung fu has gone on throughout that period and in great detail and great length. There have been many anecdotal reports of people who had problems using these methods.

I believe I have not had any of these problems, in fact I believe I have had good success in working with the techniques as presented initially by Master Chia. However I also agree with certain opinions which have been brought forward that acknowledgte the dangers of working with this energy, especially if you are only learning from a book. I also think that the sexual practices are a side path and quite possibly a distraction from the core curriculum of the 7 formulae of inner alchemy. As with Iron shirt chi kung the earliest material of Master Chia did require some refinement over the years to achieve a more balanced system. I know Michael Winn has very much modified how he teaches Iron shirt chikung and sexual kung fu when compared with how it was presented in the original books.

I am not really interested in discussing the merits of Mantak Chias sexual kung fu, though I do think that on balance you would be much better off studying M.Chia's methods then the cursory "advice" presented in about 250 words in the Pillars of Bliss book.

I am not a detractor of Mantak Chia, Michael Winn, Healing Tao, Universal Tao. I am not really a current practitioner of those methods either, except that certain elements have probably been permanently absorbed and integrated into my life.

My question is really addressed to those who have read PofB in order to get their opinion.

Mantra has indicated he is re-writing the book in question.

I would like to reiterate my suggestion that unless sexual practice is addressed thoroughly and seriously that it may be a better decision to leave it out. (or maybe publish some of Trunk's material instead)

Edited by VCraigP

I would like to reiterate my suggestion that unless sexual practice is addressed thoroughly and seriously that it may be a better decision to leave it out.

Seems like the obvious and sensible position, to me.

The Sun Do line on this area is "just be natural" plus "we are trying to build something, so don't be excessive". It's a really nifty way of saying something short, safe, and not getting too involved in a topic that would take volumes to address appropriately. Any advising toward the area of semen retention immediately gets into complicated territory, imo, with potentially heavy consequences for those of the percentage that get hurt.

While Cameron recently noted that the whole celibacy thing isn't really necessary if you have received the transmission, why then give any advice at all as to how to manage celibacy.

Cameron also had an orgasm in 30 seconds while getting a BACK MASSAGE recently, so clearly transmission does not entirely relieve pressure build up. LMFAO. :lol:

;)

Sean

We are currently rewriting the book. We will be adding new practices such as the standing five-elements and spirit travel methods. We will also address many issues that need clarity.

IC, intresting.

Edited by minkus

Mantra, I know you don't need anything else, I've read this all over... , forgive me, how many pages already on Kunlun and related?

(I think this is how I try to say diversity would really be appreciated right now, from my part at least, no offence anyone)

I only intruded in this thread, you are right, but is because I personally don't like it when people make negative general assumptions about practices that work at least for all the people I know that are involved with this practice.

I don't like positive general assumptions on practices that work, either.

We just need to adapt, don't we?

We just need to find our way, that is why we are here, aren't we?

Please, by all means, tell about your personal experience, but don't make it a general rule.

There is no one that I know practicing Sexual Kung Fu, that has ever complained of such and such.

What am I to think of this? All of them are happy and all of them keep "growing".

VCraigP, since you are studying for so long, I think you are entitled to make oppinions on the matter. Thank you for them, I will keep them in my mind, they'll make my enthusiasm tempered and balanced. I just wish you could understand that maybe, if something went wrong, even if someone studied for so much time, maybe something wasn't very well understood... It's humanly possible, think about it...

:)

Xenolith, I also appreciate your posts, they are great. :)

Sign in to follow this