Sign in to follow this  
3bob

when you get old enough...goofy

if you are old enough you remember when 10 bucks was a small fortune for a teenager

if you are old enough American you probably never heard of Taoism way back when

if you are old enough there was no such things as seatbelts and a truck rode and sounded like tank not a Cadillac

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

when you get old enough weeding the lawn is exercise

when you get old enough you start getting birthday cards from the queen

when you get old enough you shrink but your ears keep growing

• Like 2

When you get old enough you may be sitting at the computer and decide to get up and do something but by the time you have gotten into an upright position you have forgotten what you were going to do.

• Like 1

We all are human beings. We all share the same room. We all cannot run away from being goofy sometimes. But why should we chew on it so much?

Life is not to be taken seriously.

Seriously!

• Like 1

I imagine that when you get old enough...

You can sing at the top of your lungs and you won't care what others think. You couldn't hear what they are saying anyway!

You decide that it isn't so scary talking to the opposite sex anymore. Hell the worse thing that could happen is you have a heart attack when you ask them out and they say yes!

You love this movie, and can totally relate:

You find you enjoy Woody Allen movies more.

Death becomes a friend and is no longer a foe.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

The truth of the matter is that age is an illusion. Nobody has to grow old and die. They only believe and subscribe to this illusion of the aging and dying process.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

The truth of the matter is that age is an illusion. Nobody has to grow old and die. They only believe and subscribe to this illusion of the aging and dying process.

Reality has proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Life is not to be taken seriously.

Seriously!

But not too lightly either.

Edited by Junko

But not too lightly either.

There is no such thing as too lightly...

Life is a dance! Have fun with it!

I imagine things like that happen a lot more as you get older....

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

There is no such thing as too lightly...

Too lightly can mean being careless or irresponsible. There is such a thing...

When you get old enough you walk downstairs and find yourself staring at the fridge wondering 'why am I here?'  Then you see a post it note saying Get Mustard.  So you open the fridge, take out the almost empty mustard jar and bring it up to bed then wonder, 'Why the hell did I bring this up here'. 

to put the no-mustard on the no ham and no bread sandwich you didnt leave under your pillow ?  ... no hang on, that was a dream ... or did I see it on TV ? 

One old guy to another : "The wife said ; 'What are you going to do today?' I said 'Nothing !'  She said 'You did that yesterday!'

I said , 'Well ... I haven't finished yet.' " 

• Like 2

I know there are forms of fighting that are goofy on purpose so as to throw off an opponent,

Oh ! .... you have  seen my  'sloppy stance'  .... I do it with sword too ... standing there like a moron  ( pre- empt Marblehead .... no, it isnt that hard to do for me  :closedeyes:  )  sword in one hand held back, tip on the ground, slow dumb look  .... wait for the inevitable head attack and ....    :ph34r:

When you're old enough you can buy liquor.

When you're old enough all thieves around you will beheave so erratically and be out for anything you have so hiding butter between books and stuffing your wallet with newspaper and your underpants full of money is going to seem like the only viable solution.

When you're old enough, last years pop top 5 will sound no different from the top 5 of 20 years ago, screw these retro fetishists.

When you're old enough it'll never be about stuff being better before, it'll be about how crappy stuff is now.

When you're old enough you can avoid/make fun of/be excruciatingly mean to/boss around annoying people by faking dementia.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

Nah .... all them cemeteries are a con   <_<

But isn't what has been interred there just a physical vessel that was once part of a human being? Aren't cemeteries nothing more than a repository for the human equivalent of a cocoon?

Edited by DreamBliss

Oh ! .... you have  seen my  'sloppy stance'  .... I do it with sword too ... standing there like a moron  ( pre- empt Marblehead .... no, it isnt that hard to do for me  :closedeyes:  )  sword in one hand held back, tip on the ground, slow dumb look  .... wait for the inevitable head attack and ....    :ph34r:

Speaking of that - I haven't practiced for a while.  I likely would look pretty sloppy when I do get back into practicing.

I just added some "short swords" to my collection.  18 inch blades, Damascus steel, almost as heavy as the full swords.

It should be pretty interesting when I start practicing with one full sword in my right hand (I'm right handed) and a short sword in my left.  That should screw up my brain for a while.

• Like 1

But isn't what has been interred there just a physical vessel that was once part of a human being?

Yes.

Aren't cemeteries nothing more than a repository for the human equivalent of a cocoon?

No. 

Speaking of that - I haven't practiced for a while.  I likely would look pretty sloppy when I do get back into practicing.

I just added some "short swords" to my collection.  18 inch blades, Damascus steel, almost as heavy as the full swords.

It should be pretty interesting when I start practicing with one full sword in my right hand (I'm right handed) and a short sword in my left.  That should screw up my brain for a while.

Have you ever done a  dual weapon form  before , ie. one in each hand ? 

Most of mine have been 2 of equal length and an occasional usage of short and long sword at once.

I saw a master of it once .... a  young woman of about 25 , she used a sort of long and short cutlass (in one of those medieval battle re-enactment groups).  She chose to have no armor, just a guard on her lead arm, so she was light and evasive and tricky against the heavily armed others , man , she was good!  She must have killed about 8 heavily armed guys during their bouts.

At the end they had groups of 4 against each other, hers ended with only her left fighting off 3 opponents  , and they were not giving her any quarter !  The crowd was cheering her on ... I have to admit I did get excited and yell out;  " Go little feral pirate girl! "

She 'killed' one of them but in the process the other two moved in and  finished her off ... and the crowd, including me, booed  them loudly. 

Whats that classic Japanese film ... cant remember the title ...  someone's household is being invaded and people are fighting everywhere. One of the household members, a big fat guy , has the long and short sword in hands and has taken a position on a small bridge in the garden over a pond and fighting off both sides at once as they come at him  -  he does pretty well until numbers overcome him. 

What style / type  of swords are yours ? 

Sign in to follow this