Sign in to follow this  
3bob

when you get old enough...goofy

compiling a list and looking for contributions:

To begin...

1. when a guy gets old enough he can put his pants on backwards and not notice unless he has to pee.

2. when you get old enough hair starts growing out of your ears.

3. When you get old enough words you hear get changed into something completely different before they reach your brain.

4. when you get old enough you nod off into a deep state of mindless meditation without effort.

5. when a man gets old enough most all the women young

6. when you get old enough you are the oldest person in the Wal-Mart check out lines

etc..

Hmm... It has been always a big question about people getting old. I wonder if people want to get old. Then it works well. If there are people who want to stay young always, that works too! How? Have a young spirit! Your mind has to stay young somehow. Don't forget, getting old is very easy, but staying young is very difficult in our world.

• Like 1

ok and true, but this subject also had goofy in it... :)

If you give so much energy to this, you will experience it more. :)

• Like 1

so one might wonder just how goofy and playful some of the great sages of recorded history got?

(while at times being dead serious)

No, I'm not going to take any thing you say in this thread seriously.

But I'm sure the Seven Sages got pretty goofy after they had been drinking rice wine for a few hours.

• Like 3

We all are human beings. We all share the same room. We all cannot run away from being goofy sometimes. But why should we chew on it so much?

We all are human beings. We all share the same room. We all cannot run away from being goofy sometimes. But why should we chew on it so much?

So much?  This is the first intentionally goofy thread I can recall since I have been a member here.

Sure, some of us get goofy now and then but not much attention is paid to it.

3bob has this in his opening post:

When you get old enough words you hear get changed into something completely different before they reach your brain.

This is sometimes called selective hearing.  When we don't have any response to something our spouse has said we just act as if we didn't hear them.  I have lost my high frequency hearing and it really is almost impossible for me to hear a woman or children, at least understand what they are saying, unless I am looking directly at their face and particularly their mouth.

• Like 1

When you get old enough you walk downstairs and find yourself staring at the fridge wondering 'why am I here?'  Then you see a post it note saying Get Mustard.  So you open the fridge, take out the almost empty mustard jar and bring it up to bed then wonder, 'Why the hell did I bring this up here'. 

• Like 1

So much?  This is the first intentionally goofy thread I can recall since I have been a member here.

Sure, some of us get goofy now and then but not much attention is paid to it.

Alright, I will no longer act as a spoilsport. Consider this my goodbye present as far as this thread is concerned. I hope it's more in line with the OP. :)

jqrgh3.jpg

• Like 6

you know it seems that women are more careful about acting out on feeling goofy, just as most of them are with farting, or in making strange sounds like those of jungle creatures...  although that may not be true in women's locker rooms.  (which I wouldn't know about)

Edited by 3bob

I know there are forms of fighting that are goofy on purpose so as to throw off an opponent,

and hell some politicians are so seriously goofy that they think they are really serious and proceed to send 18 year old kids off to die for there trumped up causes - how tricky Richard.

• Like 1

you know it seems that women are more careful about acting out on feeling goofy, just as most of them are with farting, or in making strange sounds like those of jungle creatures...  although that may not be true in women's locker rooms.  (which I wouldn't know about)

WoW!  Are you naive or what?

I know there are forms of fighting that are goofy on purpose so as to throw off an opponent,

and hell some politicians are so seriously goofy that they think they are really serious and proceed to send 18 year old kids off to die for there trumped up causes - how tricky Richard.

Well, as the words of the song go:

Dick Nixon before he dicks you.

when you get old enough various sexy electronic gadgets are not so attractive

if you are old enough you still remember the days when you didn't have to pump your own gas

when you get old enough dentists love you

when you get old enough vitamins may not be enough and all that happy stuff they sell on TV can cause liver disease

when you get old enough old movies seem like from yesterday

when you get old enough your feet seem to get longer

when you get old enough you're older than the trees in your yard or the 57 Chevy in your driveway

when you get old enough you get discounts at hardware stores for buying DYI repair items since plumbers want $80+ per hr.

• Like 3

When you get old enough, you can go out get stinking drunk, and get guys to take you home to your own damn bed, and then leave.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 3

when you get old enough somehow a new car is supposed to make you look young?

when you get old enough you are probably not so quick to judge others "learning experiences"

if you are old enough you remember this song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUGzwUTN80

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this