LAOLONG

Is the crown chakra ,shen .

Today i borrowed an old book (1911) in German from the library. It is named : lia dsi , i think it is lao tze in German. It

Is Richard Wilhelm tr. In the beginning of the book there is a Chinese painting of lia dsi with a Little crown and a saint circle around his head. I think

It is the crown chakra which is shen in Taoism.

In taijiquan there is gentle awareness of energy above the top of the head (not inside the head), is it shen.

Today i borrowed an old book (1911) in German from the library. It is named : lia dsi , i think it is lao tze in German. It

Is Richard Wilhelm tr. In the beginning of the book there is a Chinese painting of lia dsi with a Little crown and a saint circle around his head. I think

No, Shen would more directly translate to sixth chakra energy type.

• Like 2

No, Shen would more directly translate to sixth chakra energy type.

This would be a very limited view - though perhaps easy to mistake.

As the crown chakra unfolds in its higher levels their is no mistaking the correlation of higher heart to this area. Profoundly different from the 6th.

• Like 1

Looks like an interesting text.

Crown chakra is above shen, but before what is commonly referred to as enlightenment. 

This would be a very limited view - though perhaps easy to mistake. As the crown chakra unfolds in its higher levels their is no mistaking the correlation of higher heart to this area. Profoundly different from the 6th.

Shen is the yang produced from the yin yang fusion...(6th chakra)..

refer to Lu Dogbin's tablet. "white clouds assemble at the summit." This is referring to Shen. 

• Like 1

This would be a very limited view - though perhaps easy to mistake.

As the crown chakra unfolds in its higher levels their is no mistaking the correlation of higher heart to this area. Profoundly different from the 6th.

Are you saying that Shen is "higher heart" energy?

Depending upon one's tradition and the associated mental mapping, I would agree that the the crown "leads to" the inner heart which is also sometimes called the 8th chakra. The two are the same, but if one is more of a mind based person the tend to feel it above the crown, if heart based, the inner heart. But, with either descriptions, such is not "Shen" energy. As RV has described above, such is the begging of the merger of all such energies (and beyond Shen).

• Like 1

Then again, the 6th and 7th chakra are closely linked to one another. For example, the Tibetan system (which knows only six chakras) seems to see them in unison. The same may essentially hold true for the Chinese system in which the Upper Dantien first if all connects to Yintan (the Third Eye). But Baihui (corresponding with the crown chakra) isn't far removed physically as well as energetically, and the Dantien aren't identical with the chakras anyway. One difference being that unlike the Dantien, the chakras don't store subtle energies.

But I disagree with everything else that you've said.

Ok. :)

• Like 1

I am not speaking from theoretical knowledge though I am not trying to trump this conversation with an ace.

We all tend to speak with such specificity in all of this but it is not so clearly clear from the translations we have been handed and they are in no way great guideposts for the actual experience. Unfortunately I am not steeped in the language of all of this yet but with regard to the head region I have fairly intimate inner experience.

Their is a considerable difference between the 6th and 7th chakra - the 7th is much larger in the latter stages than previously supposed by those that have already come to believe they are aware of it and have in a way tucked that label into the bed.

The light of the 7th is not only larger in its width but it extends out considerably. Unlike plumbing fixtures, the threaded connections are not so clear but far more inclusive. The 6th in its latter stages radiates as a massive magnetic centre with a strong connection to the center of the head, the centre of the head is base for the entire region. The back of the head also has a great energetic area that does not make itself known so easily and the "items" above the 7th are many and varied but do not feel much separated from the 7th (though on occasion it can feel very clearly as if something is growing atop ones skull).

Inside the head the left and right sides nearing the front can be occupied separately and one can move back and forth specifically - this is a very unique experience - it is somewhat like moving magnetic polarity from one side to the other.

As the Shen pours forth in higher grace the higher heart adjusts and this will reverberate throughout ones space - practice is then required of one in active refinement of residual patterns that require dismissal as per ones system and the overal spectrum unfolding.

The 6th will indeed at this time brighten considerably - far more than considerably but it is done in conjunction with the great unfolding of the crown, back of head and the whole head in general.

The heart centre area during this time is in great growth and unfoldment - seeming more tied to the compressions of "worldly" and the beautiful warmth of compassion and patience. This magnetic sensation is both light and warmth - in the head it is more light and lightness.

One moves into what might be described as floating in the hands of oneness - but a better explanation might be - one in which we are fermenting and in each moment we are further in the hands of oneness by the process unfolding without our doing. It is a time one will note as where Gratitude cannot but pour out of you - and the meaning of it will be redefined.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Shen is a process- so it isn't a linear "over here or over there"

Active Chong Mai and the Niwan radiates- BaiHui is ripe and connects with "other celestial fields"

You become a bridge betwixt heaven and earth- and Shen is the ability to grok this

• Like 1

I am not speaking from theoretical knowledge though I am not trying to trump this conversation with an ace.

We all tend to speak with such specificity in all of this but it is not so clearly clear from the translations we have been handed and they are in no way great guideposts for the actual experience. Unfortunately I am not steeped in the language of all of this yet but with regard to the head region I have fairly intimate inner experience.

Their is a considerable difference between the 6th and 7th chakra - the 7th is much larger in the latter stages than previously supposed by those that have already come to believe they are aware of it and have in a way tucked that label into the bed.

The light of the 7th is not only larger in its width but it extends out considerably. Unlike plumbing fixtures, the threaded connections are not so clear but far more inclusive. The 6th in its latter stages radiates as a massive magnetic centre with a strong connection to the center of the head, the centre of the head is base for the entire region. The back of the head also has a great energetic area that does not make itself known so easily and the "items" above the 7th are many and varied but do not feel much separated from the 7th (though on occasion it can feel very clearly as if something is growing atop ones skull).

Inside the head the left and right sides nearing the front can be occupied separately and one can move back and forth specifically - this is a very unique experience - it is somewhat like moving magnetic polarity from one side to the other.

As the Shen pours forth in higher grace the higher heart adjusts and this will reverberate throughout ones space - practice is then required of one in active refinement of residual patterns that require dismissal as per ones system and the overal spectrum unfolding.

The 6th will indeed at this time brighten considerably - far more than considerably but it is done in conjunction with the great unfolding of the crown, back of head and the whole head in general.

The heart centre area during this time is in great growth and unfoldment - seeming more tied to the compressions of "worldly" and the beautiful warmth of compassion and patience. This magnetic sensation is both light and warmth - in the head it is more light and lightness.

One moves into what might be described as floating in the hands of oneness - but a better explanation might be - one in which we are fermenting and in each moment we are further in the hands of oneness by the process unfolding without our doing. It is a time one will note as where Gratitude cannot but pour out of you - and the meaning of it will be redefined.

What is an "ace" in such a discussion?  We can all only share from our own perspective.  :)

We seem to be talking about different things regarding your description of the expanding seventh and what I previously called the 8th or inner heart.  But, I would agree that the 7th can feel like floating (or touching) on oneness. But, the above the 7th it is more about "being" and increasing refinement of being, rather than floating. Feeling or experiencing emotions like gratitude (to the divine) would also fit well with the 7th. 

• Like 1

If this is a question, the answer is no. 

The crown chakra does not equate to shen.

In taijiquan there is gentle awareness of energy above the top of the head (not inside the head), is it shen.

No, it is qi.

• Like 3

During your experiences do you ever feel eyes or openings on the top of your head? If so could you describe them?

Edited by MooNiNite

Active Chong Mai and the Niwan radiates- BaiHui is ripe and connects with "other celestial fields"

You become a bridge betwixt heaven and earth- and Shen is the ability to grok this

I agree, however my experiences would also agree with the container concept.

I agree, however my experiences would also agree with the container concept.

I think it is because our local experience wants to 'contain' what it interprets.

As we talked about Chia saying the MDT is the cauldron, that is simply the level achieved so far... In another 20 years he might say it is in the UDT... and in 20 more say, none of it exists except in our minds :)

I personally like the 'container' concept as it seems useful on a certain level.  But I think what SoTG has said is closer to truth... it would be like what one friend said to me: Is Jing and Qi really inside the body?   At some point, we will realize how much is just what our perception/experience creates. 

• Like 1

I think it is because our local experience wants to 'contain' what it interprets.

As we talked about Chia saying the MDT is the cauldron, that is simply the level achieved so far... In another 20 years he might say it is in the UDT... and in 20 more say, none of it exists except in our minds :)

I personally like the 'container' concept as it seems useful on a certain level.  But I think what SoTG has said is closer to truth... it would be like what one friend said to me: Is Jing and Qi really inside the body?   At some point, we will realize how much is just what our perception/experience creates. 

No, it isn't like that. Those who break their LTD, A crack so to speak. It often happens in Chi Kung circles. They experience leaking from the container down their legs and blockages form in their body.

Experienced QI Gong teachers will eliminate the blockages. They are very real masses. 

I personally like the 'container' concept as it seems useful on a certain level. But I think what SoTG has said is closer to truth... it would be like what one friend said to me: Is Jing and Qi really inside the body? At some point, we will realize how much is just what our perception/experience creates.

No, it isn't like that. Those who break their LTD, A crack so to speak. It often happens in Chi Kung circles. They experience leaking from the container down their legs and blockages form in their body.

Experienced QI Gong teachers will eliminate the blockages. They are very real masses.

This is a misnomer- there is no leaking, nor leaking down the legs

The Bio-energy vehicle/body is another system closely aligned to the physical body

Conduits, reservoirs and nerve plexus find their consummate matches in the physical

Watch my video on what happens when there is a surplus of Qi in the LDT = Qi is a vapor that rises- it doesn't leak nor sink

It oveflows and this process then moves upward to the Middle Tan Tien

From the LDT- the Qi rises and the Cinnabar field expands red lux to the Middle Tan Tien

It starts out as red then stabilises into the Yellow Court

tsixjrrSMAEVSj110v71.gif

Some books and schools might disagree - but I found this from my own experience

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Fully opening the crown chakra the attainment of the golden lotus. 

lotus1.jpg

JinDan (Golden Elixir) - Yellow Court - Gold Shen Lux

This is a misnomer- there is no leaking, nor leaking down the legs

The Bio-energy vehicle/body is another system closely aligned to the physical body

Conduits, reservoirs and nerve plexus find their consummate matches in the physical

Watch my video on what happens when there is a surplus of Qi in the LDT = Qi is a vapor that rises- it doesn't leak nor sink

It oveflows and this process then moves upward to the Middle Tan Tien

From the LDT- the Qi rises and the Cinnabar field expands red lux to the Middle Tan Tien

It starts out as red then stabilises into the Yellow Court

tsixjrrSMAEVSj110v71.gif

Some books and schools might disagree - but I found this from my own experience

Thanks SOTG, for bringing some reality to the discussion.

ALL dantiens act as a "cauldron" at some point of the process. You know when it happens. There are

actual physiological changes that occur, as SOTG shows in his YT videos.

Leaking LDTs? SERIOUSLY? Who comes up with this stuff?! LOL!!

You can lose energy/flux from the usual suspects. But leak? Ummm..NO.

My MDT has "activated", like SOTG's. Not at the level his has yet (he's putting in 3x the practice time I'm able to at present),

but I can feel it, and see it, and more importantly, other people can feel, and see it. My skin is noticeably darker around the area. The Qi pumps/vibrates very strongly there. Toasty heat.

I breathe from the MDT, and nostrils at this point. As I build more flux, this just gets stronger.

Theory will only take you so far. You've GOT to put the time in, to get actual, tangible results.

This is the ONLY way to KNOW. Other than that, it's belief.

BELIEVE NOTHING. Not even what I'm saying. Do the work, and find out for yourself.

Other than that, it's all just blah, blah, blah.  :D

Cheers!

• Like 1

Exactly! People need to be a bit more plastic, when attempting to reconcile 

different systems.

The cultivation process isn't linear. Everyone is different. There are specific milestones,

but how someone gets there isn't going to be the same every time.

You have to be mindful of falling into dogmatic absolutes with these processes. You're

ascending from the phenomenal, to the noumenal (mental), to...beyond.

At a certain point, words fail. ALL you can get from them are crude approximations of what's

actually happening, at the higher stages.

Anyone telling you otherwise, is trying to sell you something.  ;)  :D

Cheers!

• Like 1