LAOLONG

Is the crown chakra ,shen .

I apologize for the bad formatting In the transformations sequences outline above.

I don't know what going on. It looks fine, until I post It.

It should still be readable. I hope it helps folks.

Cheers!

Bodri has some great information.

You speak major truth there, my friend. :D

The man has a treasure trove of actual knowledge, that you can apply, and test yourself.

He really took to heart Master Nan Huai-Chin's teachings. You can see it.

Cheers!

I'm actually reading William Bodri's "What Is Enlightement?", now.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Enlightenment-William-Bodri/dp/0972190740/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437236767&sr=1-4&keywords=william+bodri&pebp=1437236769537&perid=0HGZAD7HJV5EP93XV6XR

He's Intentionally repetitive, which I can understand. When you teach people,

you have to drill the fundamentals In, over, and over again, sometimes for years.

But there's nothing better than when you see someone grasp a concept, apply it,

and now have direct knowledge of it.

This is a great book, because you can see the process play out, over various cultures,

and systems. So you now know that no one has an exclusive on this knowledge. It's available

for all who do the work.

Cheers!

Edited by Infolad1
  • Like 1

The Hercules book looks interesting too

It IS. :D

He shows how the 12 labors of Hercules have the Gongfu physical transformations

encoded In them.

Fantastic stuff. Get it, If you can. 

Cheers!

Measuring meditation is title of his 900 page tome on nans mahayana supreme enlightenment training in comparison with other traditions

Another great one of his. I really love how he shows how 

the core process is the same, across various traditions.

I'm always about what brings us together, versus what separates us.

Great recommendation! :D

Cheers!

Another great one of his. I really love how he shows how 

the core process is the same, across various traditions.

I'm always about what brings us together, versus what separates us.

Great recommendation! :D

Cheers!

it's actually 700 plus somebody posted it on scribd for free.

Rereading it - I find my recent alchemy study makes Measuring Meditation easier to understand.

But I would say what unifies humanity is the 1-4-5 music intervals - not Mahayana Buddhism.

Plus Nan said that if the physical body is sick at death then the mind can not be emptied out due to lack of qi and so the samadhi is not lasting and the spirit just goes into the void instead of enlightenment.

That's quite pertinent to the topic considering it shows you need the qi to give power to the shen or else the shen becomes delusional at death in a ghost dream state. I have seen these ghosts floating around the original qigong master, going to him to get healed - I suppose attracted to his qi energy.

Anyway then Nan died of physical illness as he was a smoker and got pneumonia. So he didn't really live up to his teaching - too bad. But still a fascinating read.

So earlier in the thread I mentioned how Taoist Yoga says the left hand is the yuan shen channel - the center of the hand.

Bodri and Nan talk about the left big toe as key to brain visualization - and this would be part of the yin qi and yuan shen channel I think also.

I then realized that actually Michael Corballis the scientist talks about how people keep track of time with the left hand - and so when making a beat with the hands, the left hand keeps a steady beat to keep track of time while the right hand does syncopation.

So the left hand is right brain dominant which makes sense as a Yuan Shen channel since the right brain is visualization dominant but the left hand is also time dominant - and if we think about it light - at the speed of light the sense of time stops into eternity - and so real visualization is a sense of eternity. The time-frequency aspect is right brain dominant through light but is accessed through music as keeping time - rhythm.

For a long time it was thought other animals could not keep track of time - but they learn that some birds can do so - and the question is how language is learned and what this has to do with time. There are a lot of quantum biology secrets out there - but I'm just saying that the big left toe secret mentioned in the book is based on the same secret of the left hand as the yuan shen but also the yin qi energy of the heart's fire. The toe channels have to open up as the yin heel channels - the yin qi energy building up as the first step in the alchemy training.

Edited by Innersoundqigong

Hi MooNiNite. I apologize for the delay in getting back.

You don't accumulate Shen. You purify your Qi, so that you open up

into Shen.

When you are full of jing, there is no desire for sex.When you are full of chi, there is no desire for food.When you are full of shen, there is no desire for sleep.

Most people don't even accumulate jing so to say you don't have to accumulate shen is a bit misleading.

Jing has to be filled, then qi, and then shen.

If you want to talk in terms of purification - then that means no loss of jing, which then purifies the qi, etc. but the traditional saying is "full of jing" etc. which implies accumulation or replenishing.

An example:

The ability to see things within their own body, for instance, is a much higher version of the stage of “inner luminosity” mentioned in various cultivation schools. The attainment of an internal light is due to the fact that you have cultivated your chi and mai. Because jing has transformed into chi and the chi has become concentrated in certain locations, it produces this frictional light within

I forgot to add. Measuring Meditation is available on William Bodri's

meditationexpert.com site. I believe it's still $100.

The thing is HUGE! You'll be reading it for weeks. :D

He's also got over 1500 pages of articles on the site for free, and PDF downloads of different

aspects of cultivation.

Check It out. you won't regret It.

Cheers!

it's actually 700 plus <SNIP to remove link to stolen material>

Rereading it - I find my recent alchemy study makes Measuring Meditation easier to understand.

But I would say what unifies humanity is the 1-4-5 music intervals - not Mahayana Buddhism.

Plus Nan said that if the physical body is sick at death then the mind can not be emptied out due to lack of qi and so the samadhi is not lasting and the spirit just goes into the void instead of enlightenment.

That's quite pertinent to the topic considering it shows you need the qi to give power to the shen or else the shen becomes delusional at death in a ghost dream state. I have seen these ghosts floating around the original qigong master, going to him to get healed - I suppose attracted to his qi energy.

Anyway then Nan died of physical illness as he was a smoker and got pneumonia. So he didn't really live up to his teaching - too bad. But still a fascinating read.

So earlier in the thread I mentioned how Taoist Yoga says the left hand is the yuan shen channel - the center of the hand.

Bodri and Nan talk about the left big toe as key to brain visualization - and this would be part of the yin qi and yuan shen channel I think also.

I then realized that actually Michael Corballis the scientist talks about how people keep track of time with the left hand - and so when making a beat with the hands, the left hand keeps a steady beat to keep track of time while the right hand does syncopation.

So the left hand is right brain dominant which makes sense as a Yuan Shen channel since the right brain is visualization dominant but the left hand is also time dominant - and if we think about it light - at the speed of light the sense of time stops into eternity - and so real visualization is a sense of eternity. The time-frequency aspect is right brain dominant through light but is accessed through music as keeping time - rhythm.

For a long time it was thought other animals could not keep track of time - but they learn that some birds can do so - and the question is how language is learned and what this has to do with time. There are a lot of quantum biology secrets out there - but I'm just saying that the big left toe secret mentioned in the book is based on the same secret of the left hand as the yuan shen but also the yin qi energy of the heart's fire. The toe channels have to open up as the yin heel channels - the yin qi energy building up as the first step in the alchemy training.

Only people who have never spent time around animals would think they can't keep track of time. That's as silly as the ideas that animals have no personalities or no free will. Edited by Brian
Removed link to stolen material
  • Like 3

Only people who have never spent time around animals would think they can't keep track of time. That's as silly as the ideas that animals have no personalities or no free will.

I wasn't clean - I meant animals keeping a steady beat to music. So when the youtube vid of the parrot bobbing its head in time with music came out this was considered a breakthrough by science.

http://phys.org/news/2014-05-animals-humans-sync-music.html

• Like 1

Most people don't even accumulate jing so to say you don't have to accumulate shen is a bit misleading.

Jing has to be filled, then qi, and then shen.

If you want to talk in terms of purification - then that means no loss of jing, which then purifies the qi, etc. but the traditional saying is "full of jing" etc. which implies accumulation or replenishing.

An example:

Someone who broke their LTD, and was losing jing. 

IF they could not recover from the injury, how would they be able to move towards shen?

When you are full of jing, there is no desire for sex.When you are full of chi, there is no desire for food.When you are full of shen, there is no desire for sleep.

Do you believe sleep is required at this stage?

Someone who broke their LTD, and was losing jing. 

IF they could not recover from the injury, how would they be able to move towards shen?

Do you believe sleep is required at this stage?

Shen is lost at death through the anus if a person does not have enough qi to raise the shen up in the body.

Bodri says it's best to clench the teeth when crapping as the clenching of the teeth causes the qi to raise up in the body and thereby also the shen.

The yuan jing has to be restored first - this is from the ambrosia flowing down the roof of the mouth via the sinus cavity - it is the cerebrospinal fluid infused with the yuan qi and yuan shen together - it goes into the stomach and then the qi and shen is absorbed into the lower tan tien.

So you sublimate the yin jing into the brain via the cerebrospinal fluid, the pineal gland Emptiness focus of the brain turns the yin jing into yin qi which increases the shen you see internally - the fusion of the shen and qi then causes increased pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid which flows out of the sinus cavity via the tongue against roof of the mouth that activates the vagus nerve causing increased saliva flow.

The original qigong master went 2 months with no sleep - just in full lotus meditation in a cave - http://springforestqigong.com - he said his master checked on him spiritually to make sure he was not sleeping - sleep was not allowed!

what are your thoughts about xian tian fusion?

It should be after gaining shen. but more of a fusion, a type of attainment shifting one beyond the consciousness of shen. 

Wang Liping describes it as a nuclear fusion. 

Edited by MooNiNite

The original qigong master went 2 months with no sleep - just in full lotus meditation in a cave - http://springforestqigong.com - he said his master checked on him spiritually to make sure he was not sleeping - sleep was not allowed!

Do you know the purpose behind such a meditation experience?

what are your thoughts about xian tian fusion?

It should be after gaining shen. but more of a fusion, a type of attainment shifting one beyond the consciousness of shen. 

Wang Liping describes it as a nuclear fusion. 

Precelestial or prenatal or yuan shen and yuan qi originate beyond the heart - the yuan qi originates on the right side of the heart, a pinhole to the Emptiness of the Universe. Yuan Shen originates beyond the left side of the heart.

So Wang Liping says to sit 6 hours of full lotus meditation a day to restore Yuan Jing in the lower tan tien - this is restored as I just described in my last post - from the yuan qi and yuan shen which both manifest in the brain - the yuan shen in the front of the brain and out the eyes, the yuan qi in the pineal gland.

So the MCO or small universe cycle is this restoration process - the Ocean of Qi or  Conception Vessel is the yuan jing as yin jing energy that is sublimated and purified - sublimated through Quick Fire method - standing active exercise. So the first step is the build up the yin qi energy of the Yin Heel channel that goes into the Conception Vessel or the Ocean of Qi below the lower tan tien.

Full lotus is a combination of movement and stillness practice - as the pressure on the legs and hips cause numbness  which then opens up the channels again but full lotus also stabilizes an Emptiness meditation to enable going beyond just shen.

The Emptiness is this eternal process of yin-yang complementary opposites which does not change. The question is are we refining or replenishing our energy or losing it? The Lower Tan tien is the Cavity of Spirit-Vitality where the fusion of the yuan qi and yuan shen energy is stored.

Normally the heart's fire is lost out of the eyes and these thoughts of desire from the yuan shen and yin qi out of the eyes then cause the yuan qi to shoot down the spine and turn the yin jing into generative fluid.

So with the eyes closed the yuan shen goes down to the liver which turns into Green Dragon energy by converting the yin jing of the kidneys into yin qi (yang jing).

Through deeper breathing and Emptiness intention of the spleen/pancreas the yin qi rises up to the lungs as White Tiger - which creates the saliva ambrosia (Yuan Jing) that brings down the Yuan Shen from the heart and the Yuan qi from the pineal gland - and does so by the tongue against the roof of the mouth.

We see this as an external process but in reality it is holographic also - so when the jing is converted to qi on a deep level and the heart really opens up then a loud OHM sound is heard and the shen astral energy is activated of the pineal gland. When the jing energy fills up and blasts open the pineal gland to access the shen realm this is like an explosion - but the process works through sonofusion. I wrote a book on this called Alchemy of Rainbow Heart Music: How Paranormal Sonofusion Subverts the Matrix Conspiracy. But that book, free pdf online, is more from a Western perspective as I had not studied the Taoist Yoga book enough and traditional alchemy training.

It is the qi that powers the shen so for the original qigong master he said first the whole cave filled with light and then he traveled into heaven and it was the best time of his life - and he got many lessons from many spiritual masters.

So that's why the qigong masters do full lotus meditation 4 hours every night and sleep only 4 hours. Wang Liping, Yan Xin, etc. When you activate the yuan qi energy and begin converting jing to qi for real from the lower tan tien filled up with yin qi energy - then you can go with less sleep. It's just that you can go into dreamless sleep for longer periods of time through conscious meditation and so you are restoring your energy faster. So then sleep is when the shen goes down to the liver and if the shen is not purified it causes loss of the jing energy - and so meditation is basically guiding the shen for purification with Emptiness focus so that jing energy is restored instead of lost as nocturnal emission. When the qi energy builds up then dreams become more real than being awake - dreams become precognitive visions that bend spacetime - as we tap more into our subconscious desires that will be fulfilled in the future then the Emptiness reveals itself to us as our own future being played out. Also if the third eye really opens up then dead spirits can be seen, etc. and all the normal perceptions are magnified - like a person can smell cancer or even smell over the phone as the qigong master can do.

So that is why for advanced meditation they fast as an energy buildup process - converting jing to qi - through Emptiness focus as the Emptiness focus of the pineal gland (through one-pointed concentrated thought) increases the Yuan Qi which then increases the Yuan Shen which then increases the Yuan Jing in the lower tan tien. The final stage then creates more yang shen bodies - other physical transformations and the qi energy gets so strong that the original physical body is vaporized and a new golden immortal body as the fusion of yuan qi and yuan shen is achieved.

• Like 1

I apologize for the bad formatting In the transformations sequences outline above.

I don't know what going on. It looks fine, until I post It.

It should still be readable. I hope it helps folks.

Cheers!

Here is how you do it... but it's a bit of a pain.  Use 'Courier New' font and for next lines hit a hard return then use spaces:

Time Required     Name of Cultivation Stage    Biophysical Transformations Involved

100 days          “Building the Foundation”    Initial transformation of jing to chi

10 months         “Pregnancy”                  Completing the transformation of jing

to chi, starting the transformation of

chi to shen

3 years           “Suckling the Baby”          Completing the chi to shen

transformation, starting the 

transformation of shen to emptiness

9 year            “Facing the Wall”            Completing the shen to emptiness  

transformation, and starting to

abandon emptiness for the Tao

Indeterminate     “Breaking Emptiness and      Achieving a state of neither 

Returning to Tao”           existence nor non-existence

(emptiness)

Note: If you decide to copy/paste this into your post, I'll just remove mine.

• Like 1

The final stage then creates more yang shen bodies - other physical transformations and the qi energy gets so strong that the original physical body is vaporized and a new golden immortal body as the fusion of yuan qi and yuan shen is achieved.

Here you are describing Xian Tian fusion? A fusion like attainment? Something like becoming enlightened beyond the cycle of death and rebirth?

A fusion is regarded as different than cultivation or refinement, but an actual occurrence or attainment.

Edited by MooNiNite

Here you are describing Xian Tian fusion? A fusion like attainment? Something like becoming enlightened beyond the cycle of death and rebirth?

A fusion is regarded as different than cultivation or refinement, but an actual occurrence or attainment.

What gets left out - like in the above list of attainments - is the very first step of practice which most people never even achieve.

That is called Laying the Foundation - which means to just fill up the yin qi energy of the Ocean of Qi below the lower tan tien - this is to restore Yuan Jing and open up the Yin Heel channels.

When you achieve that then you can sit in full lotus as long as you want and begin the real training - of converting jing to qi and activate the Lower Tan Tien as the fusion of Yuan Qi and Yuan Shen.

Page #1
http://thedaobums.com/topic/38860-is-the-crown-chakra-shen/#entry635115

Shen is a process- so it isn't a linear "over here or over there"

Active Chong Mai and the Niwan radiates- BaiHui is ripe and connects with "other celestial fields"

You become a bridge betwixt heaven and earth- and Shen is the ability to grok this

Eva-Wong The Tao of Health Longevity and Immortality

The movements that occur between the lower, middle, and
upper tan-t'iens are collectively called "returning to the elixir
fields (tan-t'ien)." When the contents of the lower tan-t'ien
move to the middle tan-t'ien, generative energy (ching) is
transmuted into vital energy (ch'i); when the contents of the
middle tan-t'ien move to the lower tan-t'ien, vital energy is
used to produce generative energy; when the contents of the
middle tan-t'ien move to the upper ran-t'ien, vital energy is
transmuted into spirit energy (shen); and when the contents
of the upper tan-t'ien move to the middle tan-t'ien, spirit energy
is used to produce vital energy.

Origins Of Daoist Alchemy
Read more at: http://lonemanpai.com/thread/665/origins-daoist-alchemy?page=1&scrollTo=9988

Edited by SonOfTheGods