Oneironaut

Carefully considering Spring Forest Qigong... but I have a question.

I been looking closely at Spring Forest Qigong due to it's simplicity and the overwhelming number of good reviews it has been getting. I been seeing a lot from master Chunyi Lin on YouTube and he seems like an awesome teacher. Perhaps the absolute best I've seen in my long search for one. Now I see that he introduces Spring Forest Qigong as a medical system and I'm left wondering if this is all it will ever be limited to?

Looking at the healing dao systems, promoted by Michael Winn & Mantak Chia, they tend to be super complicated (at least in my opinion) but they expand far beyond medical qigong. You have fusion of five elements, sexual alchemy, higher alchemy formulas & dream practices. Does the healing dao system have a monopoly on all these practices just mentioned? Even if I get into spring forest qigong I do not find it wise to mix different systems together.

• Like 2

I been looking closely at Spring Forest Qigong due to it's simplicity and the overwhelming number of good reviews it has been getting. I been seeing a lot from master Chunyi Lin on YouTube and he seems like an awesome teacher. Perhaps the absolute best I've seen in my long search for one. Now I see that he introduces Spring Forest Qigong as a medical system and I'm left wondering if this is all it will ever be limited to?

Looking at the healing dao systems, promoted by Michael Winn & Mantak Chia, they tend to be super complicated (at least in my opinion) but they expand far beyond medical qigong. You have fusion of five elements, sexual alchemy, higher alchemy formulas & dream practices. Does the healing dao system have a monopoly on all these practices just mentioned? Even if I get into spring forest qigong I do not find it wise to mix different systems together.

No system has a monopoly on any of those. Do you dream? Do you have sex? Do you have the elements present in your body (yes we all do)? Do you have the Jing, Chi and Shen present within your body in order to alchemize yourself spiritually (yes we all do)? Then you can learn how to apply these factors to your spiritual growth. I am absolutely sure that Chunyilin has knowledge of these practices...as you expand your consciousness you naturally begin to understand "things" on a deeper level. It would only make sense that he does since I have some understanding of these things and he's ten times more enlightened than me.

Don't be fooled by the idea of "more is better". Often the simpler something is the more powerful it is...but it still requires the years of intense and disciplined study to become skilled....all systems do. Pour your sweat and tears into disciplined daily practice and you will see results.....and also teachers will be more open......even happy.....to teach you things they don't write about on books, because they know you've been busting tail in applying there methods (most people don't put in the effort).

On a separate note....I've heard and experienced (some) way to many bad sideffects of toying around with Mantak Chia's stuff. Never played with Michael Winns techniques though.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Yeah with Chunyi it is really only limited by how much energy you can handle. haha. He had the middle of my brain on fire when he was doing long distance healing on me but then he said later my mind was not quite ready yet. But that was when I was 29 years old and I had been practicing intensively. It's just that I didn't know what I was getting into as I had only trained SFQ for six months. I was using the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" to supplement the SFQ practice and it fit perfectly. I studied many other meditation philosophies at the time - and I had to sort through some of my Western prejudices, a process I am still working on, obviously. So Mantak Chia has warned of people going too fast in the training - and that is what happened to me. I know in the Tibetan monk tradition they have the student get a ph.d. level of Buddhist philosophy before he/she does the actual meditation training. Indeed I had to spend 10 years studying on my own - converting qigong to science and vice versa - in order to figure out my errors in training. I also encouraged people online to give me feedback. But in the end it was my study of traditional "neidan" or alchemy training that pointed out the specific information I needed to learn from my SFQ energy experiences.

The level 3 of SFQ is the "Sun and Moon" meditation of chapter 6 of Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality. So Level 3 SFQ is to open up the third eye for enlightenment. So Chunyi has said that he provides the information, but whether a person is at that level depends on how well they practice. But with Level 3 he often touches everyone to send energy to open the third eye or else he sends the energy long distance. That's why I did a week long fast on just a half a glass of water before that Level 3 retreat - so I would be well prepared for the energy. He teaches fasting at the Level 3 - I just thought I would jump ahead on my own. But obviously you have to be very careful with that kind of training. I did develop very strong yang qi energy.

So at the Level 3 retreat I did see ghosts and even though I told no one Chunyi said someone had seen them and so he explained that indeed he heals people who are dead - regularly - they come to him to get healed and he helps them go back to the Emptiness. Also I saw Chunyi making multiple "Yin shen" spirits out of the top of his head - like the ghosts - this was yellow light shaped like a human forming out of the top of his head while he was in full lotus meditation. The yin shen would break off and float out towards the students and then another yin shen would form out of the top of his head. That repeated over and over - each one breaking off and going out towards the class. When i told Jim Nance about this - he said that Chunyi was creating and sending out individualized spirits to heal people and that was a very profound level of healing that he wasn't able to do yet. So then Chunyi shared how a few years ago - maybe 5 years ago - his heart stopped for over 2 hours - but he was walking around fine. He said he doesn't wish that experience on anyone but after his heart started up again - people said his level of healing was even more profound.

Those are some of the experiences I can share - but yeah also Chunyi shared how the meditation teacher of the Dalai Lama was going to the Mayo Clinic for medical treatment but he was then staying at Chunyi's house to also get healed. haha. So Chunyi has quite a close tie with the Tibetan monks also and part of his meditation training was near Tibet and in Tibet. So he's had many masters that he is not allowed to reveal by name but his first teacher was Yan Xin who healed him during one of Yan Xin's long qi-emitting lectures - 7 hours (no bathroom breaks!) - and Chunyi had a very deep enlightenment experience from that and also a deep healing. So that was how he got introduced to qigong and he just kept training after that - he then continued with a Shaolin qigong master, similar to Yan Xin, Master Yao.

So Chunyi has used the trendy "neidan" terms on occasions - he has had those experiences - but he is not focused on sharing information but rather on healing people and teaching people through the energy experiences. So really the best way to learn from him is through the energy experiences and this can be done also long distance just by practicing his teachings and focusing on his energy. He says you also tap into his lineages like that which he shared even included a physical encounter with Lao Tzu. But also - you can try a phone healing, etc. for a more direct long distance experience. 

I actually just relied on taking his classes while I practiced intensely on my own for the first 6 months really and the energy was so strong that I actually stopped practicing! I mean I had some amazing experiences and Chunyi said I had an enlightenment experience. Even though my channels were closing up when I retook the Level 3 and then he touched my skull to open up the third eye then I did have permanent magnetic bliss in the center of my skull after that. I totally stopped practicing because I actually wanted to see if it would go away - I was that curious to see if this magnetic brain bliss was just some temporary thing dependent on me practicing qigong. Nope - after 2 months I had the same level of magnetic bliss in the center of my brain and it's been that way for 15 years now. haha.

So then I focused on just learning what I had gotten into and people on thetaobums were emphatic that I should not study the Taoist Yoga: alchemy and immortality book since it's too dangerous. That some what discouraged me and then so I could not afford the SFQ classes anymore as I was doing environmental activism as a part-time job. Also I didn't want my family to think I was in a cult. So then finally after some 7 years later I began returning to study Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality. It was only from further study of that book did I find the specific psycho-physiological explanations of what I had been going through from my SFQ training. haha. But even still as I have pointed out actually Chunyi has made comments that were the same information from that neidan book - whether it was about jing energy or the requirement of no thoughts about sex for advanced training - or recently he mentioned "yuan qi" and before, when he said his small universe meditation had been very deep, he saw falling snow in the sky - which is a specific phrased used in Taoist Yoga to describe the stage right before the "yang shen" appears. Finally I did ask Chunyi if he had experienced the "yang shen" and he said while he was in deep meditation in his house in China then people had seen him physically outside of his house - as they told him afterwards. Also he shared how when he was in deep meditation in the mountains in full lotus - then his body levitated up nine feet - spiraling up - while he was next to a pine tree.

But like I said I had just taken his classes and it wasn't until a couple years ago that I actually finally got a phone healing. That was a deep heart opening experience. Chunyi has said that actually the phone healings are easier for him since it is based more on the Emptiness directly and less on superficial energy blockages. When I first had such amazing experiences when I did my initial training - just after 6 months - he said I should have called him about what I was going through. But at the time I just didn't have any money and I didn't just want to call him without paying him. Also I thought I could maybe just pick up what I needed - on the spiritual level. haha. Oh well - I mean he has always been very kind to me and friendly and encouraging and this is despite me being very - let's just say "experimental" in my approach to qigong. haha. Chunyi has said that for advanced training it is best to be in Nature - in harmony with Nature - or practicing in retreat.

So then I just started doing in person healings with him - I have my third one this week. The 2nd one he again worked on opening my third eye. But he has said before that he just can't touch people and presto their third eye is fully open. I mean - even if the energy is very amazing - the very first time I took a class from Chunyi he just sent energy using the shaolin sword fingers and I was doing standing "moving of yin and yang" - immediately I saw bright light and my body was filled with amazing bliss energy. So anyway - but to really open the third eye he says you first have to build up the lower tan tien foundation.

So like I said - the more I study the alchemy texts - the more they confirm what Chunyi teaches. For example he says to first focus on the standing active exercises - 3 times more than sitting exercise. Yet he also says that the small universe meditation is the foundation of his training and it can take you to the highest levels - well that again confirms the Taoist Yoga teaching. Anyway so in the Wang Mu alchemy book it says that the first key to training is to open up the "yin heel" channel from the feet - up to the Ocean of Qi - and so that corroborates what Chunyi teaches.

But besides all this esoteric stuff - you would never know about this background of his alchemy training because he focuses on healing people and the training they do is even to have students do healings in hospitals, etc. And so he has worked closely with the Mayo Clinic doctors also - and Chunyi has now done Western science experiments corroborating qigong healing - and the Mayo Clinic is one of the top medical research hospitals in the world. So the success he has had with those doctors is a great contribution not just to qigong healing but to transforming Western science itself.

And so Chunyi has said he has been "Americanized" which as someone already noted - he's not going to impose the type of strict standards that would have been the norm in China in the 1980s - for qigong training. Like he said when he trained - you do whatever your master says no matter what - you don't question it. To actually ask your teacher a question was considered an insult for the traditional training but here in the West it is considered impolite to not ask your teacher a question. haha. But still Chunyi has said one thing he has learned despite being "Americanized" is that for people with serious conditions he does recommend they practice 4 hours a day whereas previously he just didn't try to impose such conditions - he would just want people to practice whatever they felt comfortable with.

• Like 7

An advantage of the Chia and Winn teaching . . . is that there are people related to it all over the place.

There's a social component to learning/living Qigong and having a variety of people to potentially connect with (at different levels) can be useful . . .

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 2

OP, depends what you want. If youre looking for immortality, best leave all qigong aside and find a neidan teacher, some would say, as qigong only works with post-heaven energy--meaning it works with the matter that is 'before us' in the world, but not on the foundational structures or processes that shape that matter. Guess this is why qigong practice is like eating food--you gotta do it everyday, or multiple times a day.

Chunyi is really on about his interpretation of the heart sutra these days, and thjs brings a whole new element (or rather, the five elements) into the practice. Chunyi is deceiving--because he comes off as average Joe and you think 'what does he know' then he pulls out some deep stuff and youre like 'damn he knows more than hes tellin'.

Even though everyone says dont mix styles, I think SFQ can synergize with a lot of other practices. Maybe not the fancy qigongs, but anything that is traditional or common across all forms of gong.

Besides, what are you worried about at the outset? If you havent realized your own emptyness how can you move forward in any appreciable way? SFQ is, for its part, focussed on going into the emptyness. So it cant hurt to travel that path a while.

Take that road and see what your destiny reveals. Might lead you on to other things later.

One thing I like about Chunyi is that he encourages ppl to take his teachings to the next level, if the can. Chunyi is like a car salesman who happens to be a Nascar driver, and says 'you can be too!'

8)

• Like 1

. . . depends what you want. If you're looking for immortality, best leave all qigong aside and find a neidan teacher, some would say, as qigong only works with post-heaven energy--meaning it works with the matter that is 'before us' in the world, but not on the foundational structures or processes that shape that matter.

I'm not sure about this distinction.

My experience is that qigong and neidan are on a continuum . . . just as reality is a continuum.

You can transform (transmute) any matter into any other matter . . . because every kind of matter has previously been transformed into its current state from some other state.

Of course, a given teacher may specialize in only certain transformations . . . 

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 2

Like others have said, it depends on what you want. 

If your aim is "immortality", being able to heal is just one of the things you'll learn to do along the way, if you train diligently. 

As for mixing systems, some fit and some don't. You should only experiment when you've gotten to a point where you can see the effects, then you can safely combine systems/methods.

I personally do not believe in the word style[system]. Why? Because, unless there are human beings with three arms and four legs, unless we have another group of human beings that are structurally different from us, there can be no different style of fighting[cultivating].

- Bruce Lee

I believe the above quote applies to the subtle/energy body too. You can take what works from other systems that benefits you, or follow a single system that might give you limited development. But if you don't know what works, how can you mix? That is why a solid foundation is needed. 

I have seen great results using the LoneMan Pai healing techniques, but without the flux needed you can't expect much out of the healing sessions. I'll eventually make a "LMP Healing Log" to record my results!

"I personally do not believe in the word style[system]. Why? Because, unless there are human beings with three arms and four legs, unless we have another group of human beings that are structurally different from us, there can be no different style of fighting[cultivating]."

-- Bruce Lee

Well, that's nonsense, I must say.

It's like arguing that there are no different cats. 

OF COURSE . . . every cat is a cat.

But it's not meaningless to say that THIS cat is a Persian . . .  and THAT cat is a Siamese . . . and that they are DIFFERENT.

Sheeesh . . .

• Like 1

"I personally do not believe in the word style[system]. Why? Because, unless there are human beings with three arms and four legs, unless we have another group of human beings that are structurally different from us, there can be no different style of fighting[cultivating]."

-- Bruce Lee

Well, that's nonsense, I must say.

It's like arguing that there are no different cats. 

OF COURSE . . . every cat is a cat.

But it's not meaningless to say that THIS cat is a Persian . . .  and THAT cat is a Siamese . . . and that they are DIFFERENT.

Sheeesh . . .

I believe you missed the point I was trying to make with that quote. Hopefully this will get my point across better :D

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is specifically your own". There are efficient and inefficient techniques. Bruce stripped away the useless movements and gathered those that worked. It depends on the individual to use what technique when, and the direction the individual can take the fight. This is expressing themselves. Meaning every individual person has their own unique way of expressing the techniques..  The techniques are the same for everyone, but their preference/use of it differs. Some prefer stand-up fighting and some prefer grappling. It is the strict following of a single style/system is what Bruce Lee was against. Learning just one art is inefficient, even if they master that way of fighting, the person will be severely lacking in other areas, making them weaker when it comes to combat. 

As for the cats... Does a Siamese cat run differently to a Persian cat? Or a domestic cat to a big cat? No. They're structurally the same.

Does a white baby crawl differently to a black baby? Or an English baby to a Scottish baby? No. Crawling is crawling.. You won't find one group of babies naturally crawling in the bridge position. They may have their individual differences when it comes to crawling, but it's fundamentally the same. When it comes to walking, it starts out the same, but as they grow, their environment causes them to take on a different style of walking.

The babies aren't influenced by anything when it comes to moving. 100% natural and efficient. Styles/systems takes the person away from 'natural doing'.

It isn't about breed/race. If we're structurally the same, then what works and what's efficient will be the same.

Sheeesh . . .  :P

• Like 1

Maybe this is useful....

I have done Healing Tao for over 10 years every day, and i have practiced everything in the course upto the highest level. When you get to the highest levels the time you need to spend in practice is huge, and it starts to eat into your experience of life - in my view. It's not that you need to practice for hours on end day afer day(although i did at times), it's that you become tao and not yourself. You need to be a little bit of yourself so that you can interact with tao. Sure richer life experience is gained through the practice, and you can do things you never thought you would be able to, but when it came down to it, for me it really wasn't worth it. The basics are.

Lets face it you don't always get more without giving some. If you are ready to give up everything well then maybe higher level HT is for you, but when you find out what it is that you give up, perhaps you realise that you don't want to give up everything.

EG. Would you protect your child with your life, and give up you're life protecting your child if they were in danger of being hurt, even if qigong gave you the power to believe you could still protect the child better in the long run by standing by and letting the child be hurt? I'm not talking about a push over, i mean really hurt.

Healing Tao is a bit like a learning curve, where you learn about your body, then you can do your own style of qigong that fits with your body. I have never done SF qigong but i guess it would be the same deal. Learn the basics, learn and understand your body, then it doesn't matter what style you do, you just learn things that fit in with the direction you want to go.

The only thing that is important is that you do a little practice every day, then you can begin understand it all. Qigong is really a distraction from what is really happening, but that distraction can improve health so that what is really happening becomes obvious :) Basics basics basics.

Even a weekend course on the most advanced gorrilla warfare is useless if you can't run 5kms :P

• Like 3

Chunyi did share how he personally knew people in the mountains of China achieving the golden light immortal body.

So I'm just pointing out that the alchemy-qigong dichotomy being towed on TTB is pretty funny.

And yes the dude Sean who started this site said that Mantak when he did his dark cave meditation didn't even really see that much light. Maybe that has changed now - but I think we would have heard about it if so.

My take - I came across a NY Times qigong article from the 1980s and the master interviewed said there were only a couple dozen advanced qigong masters in China. 

My take is that the advanced level is very rare to find in someone teaching in the West.

For example Chunyi shared when he first did his cave meditation then the whole cave filled with light and then he went into heaven and it was the best time of his life - a whole month just in full lotus meditation, no sleeping. Another time I think he did 2 months straight.

But anyway - I actually got a healing from Chunyi yesterday but I was late. Even still my jing energy was way up from getting the shen-qi energy - he focused on my ming men, lower back, heart, etc.

So yeah also I know Michael and Mantak had disagreement about teaching the advanced levels since a person can leave the body before they are ready - hence the focus on the five elements meditation.

I think this is true - that if a person studying qigong wants to do advanced level training - like I did when I started out - then you gotta really study the alchemy texts to know how to create yuan qi, yuan jing, etc.

I know I wasn't familiar with that terminology and the differences.

So I am a Western experiment - I experimented and I have no regrets - I've had amazing discoveries and strangers have thanked me for the healings I have done.

But as Chunyi told me yesterday - "focus on the positive, not the negative."

As he teaches - it's all good, better and best.

I think this is true based on the Emptiness focus.

I'm sure if anyone trains on their own properly they can have great results but it sure helps when an energy master can really recharge your energy.

So I would say if you really want to do SFQ then definitely get a phone healing.

My understanding is some people even travel to Minnesota but they never get actual personal healings from Chunyi - or take a class directly from him since he does healings in the classes.

I think the Western ego should not be underestimated - like I said I took classes intensely for a year but then I couldn't afford more as I did part-time activism work. So then I was training on my own for about 8 years until I went to the "free Friday" healings by Jim Nance and then he really spent a lot of time with me.

But my point is that to find an advanced level spiritual master is very rare because the training required is very "traditional"  - most modern females would call it sexist. haha. But once a man achieves the level of spiritual master then the females really love his energy that much more. haha.

So the original training was done with much lower population density and the males would go into the wilderness for a month - Tshoma - as retreat training.

Anyway have fun with it -

• Like 1

Quote from Innersoundqigong

"Chunyi had a very deep enlightenment experience from that and also a deep healing. So that was how he got introduced to qigong and he just kept training after that - he then continued with a Shaolin qigong master, similar to Yan Xin, Master Yao."

Master Yao is my teacher - I have been training with him intensly for some 4 years now. Next week we are starting classes (May 12 & 14th) twice a week in Berkeley if anyone is interested. We put up a new website - not much on it yet: ShaolinMaster.org

Qi Gong and then Kung Fu. Master Yao is also a legendary Kung Fu Grand Master. He is also a Monk and former head coach of Qi Gong and Kung Fu at Shaolin Temple.

He is actively looking for serious students - classes are a whopping $17 or less sliding scale.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Quote from Innersoundqigong:

"So then I just started doing in person healings with him - I have my third one this week. The 2nd one he again worked on opening my third eye. But he has said before that he just can't touch people and presto their third eye is fully open. I mean - even if the energy is very amazing - the very first time I took a class from Chunyi he just sent energy using the shaolin sword fingers and I was doing standing "moving of yin and yang" - immediately I saw bright light and my body was filled with amazing bliss energy. So anyway - but to really open the third eye he says you first have to build up the lower tan tien foundation."

Building up the lower dan tien foundation - It took me awhile to really "hear" this from Master Yao - it is very important for a whole host of things in Qi Gong and it is particularly key to the latter stages of enfoldment. One should not look at the dan tien's as going up in significance from lower to higher. The lower dan tien is what you cultivate, the energy rising from there, the tone of it, is the base foundation.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Hey Spotless - I have viewed that Shaolin Master Yao on youtube doing hard qigong demonstrations in S.F. and I wondered if indeed it was the same Master Yao for Chunyi's training - as there are also other Master Yaos. I do agree that I think it is the same Master Yao.

I'm just curious - Chunyi describes in his memoir - Born A Healer - how Master Yao was able to see inside the body of Chunyi's wife and Master Yao was able to correctly detect the number of tumors in her body - even though the Western doctors had said a lower number. But when they returned to Western doctors for an updated xray indeed the same number of tumors was find in the same location as what Master Yao had read.

Also Chunyi described how this Master Yao did a demonstration to the class - he had everyone hold up a banana and then he passed energy into the class with a wave of the hand. Then he said - o.k. open the banana and you will see there are bands of different colors throughout the banana. Indeed this was found.

Finally Chunyi was still skeptical of the real qigong abilities and so he asked Master Yao to heal his bone spinal - the painful bone spurs on his spine from his years of forced labor on a farm during the Cultural Revolution. And so - because previously Master Yao had demonstrated lighting paper on fire using his eyes only - but Chunyi had heard how this can be faked and so he was skeptical. So then when Master Yao touched the bone spurs it felt like a strong laser burning and indeed the bone spurs were gone and healed.

So then Chunyi said how later Master  Yao was again demonstrating the ability to light things on fire with his eyes but he demonstrated the power too much and so when he returned to his monk room he was spitting up blood.

So do these things sound possible by the Master Yao you train with? If so can you share similar stories?

Thanks.

On a separate note....I've heard and experienced (some) way to many bad sideffects of toying around with Mantak Chia's stuff. Never played with Michael Winns techniques though.

My take on this is that there's a profound historical tradeoff going on with Chia and Winn.

In exchange for making unknown teachings known to anyone who buys a book  . . . they've dropped the sure-fire safeguards that those teachings naturally have when they are only passed down to a very small and select group of people.

I myself am very grateful for that tradeoff.

Both Chia and Winn caution people about sequence and timing and so on -- but people don't listen. That's their choice . . .

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 2

Chunyi did share how he personally knew people in the mountains of China achieving the golden light immortal body.

Have you visited china? I have been planning to go just to do it. what area do you recommend? 

Have you visited china? I have been planning to go just to do it. what area do you recommend? 

Someone visited my house after reading my posts on thetaobums - he first engaged with Chunyi - not sure how - getting healings or classes. Then he went to China and he personally tracked down some of the famous qigong masters featured on thetaobums - one qigong master who can light things on fire. There's several videos of him online.

Anyway he said that the energy of those teachers did not have the same focus on unconditional love as Chunyi and so those energy masters did not do as much of the healing work as Chunyi has done.

Jim Nance, one of the two people trained to be a qigong master by Chunyi - he shared with me how Chunyi did once use his energy to break apart thick marble stone - but that the energy was too violent and so he never did it again.

But for Chunyi's training he had to control the current of household electricity - through his body - withstand the current and change the power levels.

Also he had to intake deadly poison and survive.

He shared how in China you're not considered a real man unless you can drink a lot of alcohol - and so the local town drunk kept challenging Chunyi. So he was forced to a drinking duel of 6 bottles of the strong alcohol - like vodka here. So then Chunyi just transferred the alcohol content to the drunk's bottles and so his own bottles did not have any alcohol content.

So anyway the person who stayed at my house had returned from China and decided he would return to study with Chunyi - even though the person didn't live in Minnesota - they wanted to return to personally go to the SFQ Center.

So as for where Chunyi trained in the mountains - I did read about this in David Palmer's book called Qigong Fever - which is an excellent overview of the qigong masters of the 1980s era of training in China. There is a famous spiritual Taoist mountain which is where the Zhong Gong qigong masters would train and so that is where Chunyi went. But also on that same mountain is found Master Zhang - a Taoist qigong master who also does long cave meditation.

Since Chunyi had said he trained with Master Zhang for a long time I thought it was that Taoist master - http://www.qigongmaster.com/ Zhang Yuanming - you can read about him here. So he is another real alchemist master who does long cave meditation.

But then I actually asked Chunyi - and so he confirmed to me that the Master Zhang he trained with was the Zhong Gong master. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhong_Gong

But in fact Chunyi said he never directly met that Master Zhang, only his advanced student supervised the cave training and he said that the Master Zhang would supervise the students - long distance - using the third eye - to make sure they didn't sleep during the month long cave meditation retreat in full lotus.

http://www.duihuaresearch.org/2014/08/zhonggong-subversive-business-of-qigong.html

This is a new overview of Zhong Gong.

So then the Tai Chi symbol that Chunyi used based on Zhong Gong - he stopped using it maybe 7 years ago - but the SFQ does seem to be based on the same organizational structure of franchise businesses set up by students who have to pay more to rise up in the organization.

That's really weird - just as someone else complained previously - part of what I wrote done disappeared when I posted it. Strange!

So what I said was Chunyi said in his guild talk how when he had returned to China then he went to visit Master Zhang on the same spiritual mountain - but this was Master Zhang Yuanming - and the master was unavailable since he was in cave meditation. So my point is that since Chunyi said he's trained with many masters - and when I asked him about Master Zhang he said there are many masters with that name - and so while he confirmed he had studied with the Master Zhang of Zhong Gong - it is possible he had also trained with Master Zhang Yuanming since he went to visit him later - and they were on the same mountain training.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 1

Thank you for the information, have you the names of any recommended mountains?  I would mostly just be traveling for fun, but if there is a sacred taoist mountain that would be cool too.

To Innersoundqigong:

Thank you for your posts and insights here - very interesting.

Thanks ISQ ..... Maybe ask him about the master from QigongMaster.com next time you see him ?

I also always thought it was him, and he's an amazing teacher for sure, very itense person.

Cool to hear that his other master is teaching in Berkeley... Sounds like a powerful teacher too :)

You mean - Master Yao - yeah Spotless can give more info if he wants.

Master Zhang, Yuanming is teaching and doing energy healing in Massachusetts this summer - Boston and Northhamption (I used to go to school there).... so people can enjoy that experience.

There are reports online of Master Zhang Yuanming -

http://thedaobums.com/topic/27498-qigong-grandmaster-yuanming-zhang-my-experience/

A taobums thread on him.

so several links there of testimonials from people experiencing his amazing energy.

Yeah he regularly does the cave meditations - no food, very little water, no sleep - just traveling into heaven, recharging his healing energy, etc.