Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

I must be missing both your guys points. The end is death. From my perspective if you don't know how to fool around you can't practice seriously, regardless of the context, medium, or truth. To be serious about something is to be lighthearted enough not to hang on to it. *shrug* Not sure what to "say" about it really. Competitive one-upmanship speaks for itself by always dividing. Last man standing? UFC or Ring Around the Rosy? We All Fall Down.

"*boing* ...Not THAT hard..."

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Rain,

I started getting a feeling in my gut, i started laughing so hard it heated up and i felt it swirl out. laughter is so good guys. it really is. i think i get it now. lets bounce. how long has it taken. whoosh. oh man it's starting again.

great fun. not standing in the middle of a freshly formed crop circle to feel gungness but a hoot non the less

woodsy

hwha :lol:

Could somebody clarify for me "after 10 minutes start to spiraling at waist"

What direction? Is it physical movement or mental? How fast?

other question: is it correct to aim to 80 minutes of Kunlun daily : 60 - kunlun + 20 closing?

Could somebody clarify for me "after 10 minutes start to spiraling at waist"

What direction? Is it physical movement or mental? How fast?

other question: is it correct to aim to 80 minutes of Kunlun daily : 60 - kunlun + 20 closing?

The spiraling is just a suggestion. If you are feeling movement you should just go with it.

Spiraling clockwise will create the downward flow. Spiraling counter-clockwise will bring the energy up. Clockwise is what is recommended for Kunlun. Side to side is good too.

For our friends down under, do the opposite. Just kidding. :P

Don't be too concerned about the time. Do what you feel is best.

Also why does the heel come off the ground compared to most chi kung or med when they have there feet flat?

This activates the energy. Your legs will begin to bounce and this energy will move up through your dan tiens if you let it.

You must not think too much in Kunlun. Feeling is the key.

Good luck.

Thanks Mantra,

So would u not get bliss if your heels are on the ground?

WYG

Try it and find out. Don't think, don't ask, do.

Have fun.

The spiraling is just a suggestion. If you are feeling movement you should just go with it.

Don't be too concerned about the time. Do what you feel is best.

You must not think too much in Kunlun. Feeling is the key.

Try it and find out. Don't think, don't ask, do.

Have fun.

Thanks Mantra. Have fun too.

For our friends down under, do the opposite. Just kidding. :P

LOL, cultivationjokes :D

I had a few questions for you Mantra !

How kunlun energy does togheter with chen style taiji (the old form) ... its a passion of me and it would be kinda hard to give it up for kunlun. On the other hand i would go crazy if i couldnt practice these immensly intense new kunlun exercises i yust learned :/ I dont feel anything for creating an energetic imbalance you see.

Second question is about the heat generated by this practice, can the heat itself be dangerous for sensitive parts of the body like brain, heart and the like ?

Another question i have is if there are other more direct ways to stop the process of the kunlun energy going trough your body (then stamping the earth etc.) ? I ask because as soon as i go to a relaxed state or put my mind to zero .. the energy automatically starts rising .. around my will or witouth any "activating position". Is this because after practising kunlun a few times you get more sensitive towards this energy and it will automatically come to you ? or is it leftovers of the energy that are still inside you from practising the evening before ?

Also this kind of energy, is there a special place to store it ? i assume the lower dantien is the basis to start from seeing that the endingform focusses on covering the belly. Thought better ask to be sure or to know an alternative.

Ok i betters stop with questions allready or it gets a bit to lenghty.

Also have some feedback and suggestions for you Mantra, yust first thoughts i had about beginning with kunlun. First is that it surely effects the brain and puts open energycenters in the body wich is good .. a sideeffect of this can be that your visual perception changes, sometimes dramaticaly during or right after practice. By this i mean that colours can change, events happen faster or slower, objects in your vision can start to move slightly or get a pretty distinct outline etc .. (reminds me of other things also ;) )

Anyway maybe it would be a good extra to inform people about this yust in case they plan to participate in busy traffic or working with heavy machinery. Maybe also not ideal to be in such an enhaced sensory state when making important choises like moneyissues or subjects regarding your future wich may have a big outcome.

About the letting go of deep emotions, the mental/emotional cleaning aspect of kunlun. For starters i wonna say that not all people are the same. Some people encountered massive emotional trauma before in there life (fe: negative events in there childhood) or have somekind of psychological anomality (tried to put this as polite as possible as these people certainly have my respect) like autism, manic depression, borderline etc. You cannot prevent that people of sometimes unstable nature come in contact with kunlun.

Reason i say this is that kunlun can bring back (sometimes long supressed) emotion, ok it gets rid of it but before you lost these "demons" there is a chance that you will encounter/face them again.

The link is pretty obvious. I wont have to tell you wich emotional impact this can have on certain people. I dont think this road of thought is to farfetched.

Personally i noticed this because after kunlun a few days ago alot of extreme and strange thoughts came into my mind one evening .. evil ones. Im relatively stable and yust let them pass because i knew well these wherent natural. I can assure you it took a while where diffrent feelings ranging from being unhappy towards anger and absolute rage, agression and hatred followed up on eachother (this single event was before i went to bed 2 hours after doing kunlun).

As these emotions where so strong i gave it alot of thought and can only come to the conclusion these where emotions deeply stored away (temprament issues) and was facing them again years after i encountered them for the last time. Offcourse im not 100% sure this is related with kunlun, though the fact i still felt the energy going trough my body gives me a hint it could be related. I can understand that if i would of given in to these emotions ugly things would have happend.

For me this is part of the personal cleaningprocess and a challenge really, yeah you really get to know yourself ! However i dont wonna imagine wich effect (sometimes extreme) emotions could have on a person that by coincidence resides in a very stressfull situation or yust cant control them that moment.

If your still reading ! Dont get me wrong, i dont wonna scare anyway away from kunlun, in contrary i find kunlun a great and valuable teacher (+ its give some great energy and bliss :P ) ! But seeing afterwords these are things i thought would be usefull to mention to the people here who also yust engaged in the practice.

Kind regards, good luck with training.

The thing about Kunlun is that IT WORKS.

If you are interested in a spiritual path that cuts out all of the fluff and B.S. then this is for you. The method itself is like the path of enlightenment: free of that which is not needed.

You are a great example of a typical Kunlun practitioner. You are doing your practice and immediately getting results. You are stirring your own pot.

All of the things you have within are revealed. You must be brave on this path because you will have to face yourself. The good, the bad and the ugly.

This is why so many fail on the path. Some people can't handle dealing with what they have created.

I personally look at my own stuff in a very detached manner. I have directly experienced the Tao and in that moment could clearly see my obstacles. In a way I got mad at myself for allowing such a separation from source, so I have become somewhat fearless about kicking out the illusions of the past.

When practicing, do not bring the energy into the head. Allow the downward flow to cool the fire and merge at the heart.

With Kunlun, you have activated a "reset" function of the body. It is a process that knows what to do. It will continue to work to straighten you out and eliminate the "extra" things you have created.

What remains is the bliss.

The visual changes you are experiencing is your own wisdom eye opening. This is common. Max and Kan and others see the world in a completely different way. They see the energy that is around everything. It takes some adjustment, but you will be fine.

Store everything in the lower dan tien. You are correct.

Also, congratulations. You are doing great.

Edited by Mantra68

Mantra,

Out of all Max's study and training only KunLun gave him the Bliss, What about his Daoist, Hawwiian, and other arts?

Does he prefer this as the foundation to all his knowledge?

regards

WYG

Thanks Mantra.. After one week... 40 minutes every day.. can't feel any movements, no shaking, no sweating..

just stillness...

so I will try spiraling clockwise...

I actually do 45 minutes of standing before Kunlun.. maybe it is wrong?

Hope see you in January ..

Spiraling clockwise will create the downward flow. Spiraling counter-clockwise will bring the energy up. Clockwise is what is recommended for Kunlun. Side to side is good too.

Thanks Mantra.. After one week... 40 minutes every day.. can't feel any movements, no shaking, no sweating..

just stillness...

Hi KoHsuan,

Perhaps we will meet up in Jan, that would be cool. Come to Queensland instead Mantra :)

Anyhow I found Trunks suggestion to relax the toes and feet into the ground quite helpful. When my legs start to shake I was sort of tensing up my leg muscles to keep my heels up and that was stoping any shaking sensations.

Practicing a lot less than you (1/2 hour) stoping the first stage before too much happens and making sure I do a lot of the closing form.

No mindblowing results (well there was ONE) I think I move my arms about too much at the moment (but my body is stiff and it feels good so I do it). No heat, only lower body shaking, happyness rather than bliss. But I do seem drawn to this practice. (due to the high traffic on the board?)

Hi KoHsuan,

Perhaps we will meet up in Jan, that would be cool. Come to Queensland instead Mantra :)

Anyhow I found Trunks suggestion to relax the toes and feet into the ground quite helpful. When my legs start to shake I was sort of tensing up my leg muscles to keep my heels up and that was stoping any shaking sensations.

Practicing a lot less than you (1/2 hour) stoping the first stage before too much happens and making sure I do a lot of the closing form.

No mindblowing results (well there was ONE) I think I move my arms about too much at the moment (but my body is stiff and it feels good so I do it). No heat, only lower body shaking, happyness rather than bliss. But I do seem drawn to this practice. (due to the high traffic on the board?)

Here's one that helped me in the beginning. If you don't feel any spontaneous movements start swaying side to side. Imagine your spine is a snake and that your tailbone is the head. So, the snake is moving downward as if it is driving itself into the earth.

The tail will obviously move much more freely than the head which translates to the upper spine moving freely. This helps align the neck and shoulders and release a ton of tension. Let everything go.

Keep this visual going when you do Kunlun and before you know it the energy will really flow.

The waveform you create will provide a path for the magnetic energy to rise.

~ Snip ~which translates to the upper spine moving freely. This helps align the neck and shoulders and release a ton of tension. Let everything go.

Hehe, Cool. I am getting that swaying effect, will try it with the visualisation, Cheers Mantra

The swaying just feels so "nice" I thought I might be doing the wrong thing as it wasn't a spiral radiating up from the hips. (Not sure what I look like but it feels like how Steve Wonder moves when he sings !)

I try not to ask too many questions but my hands tend to move first. The feeling starts from the hands or my sholders (a lot of tension/pain from injuries for me in my sholders) The movements feel good. Not what I was expecting and I'm not sure if it's just "happening" or if it's "me" doing it "cause it feels nice to move"

Trying to just do it, and not worry about what happens. Experimenting with a few things... plenty of time to practice.

Hehe, Cool. I am getting that swaying effect, will try it with the visualisation, Cheers Mantra

The swaying just feels so "nice" I thought I might be doing the wrong thing as it wasn't a spiral radiating up from the hips. (Not sure what I look like but it feels like how Steve Wonder moves when he sings !)

I try not to ask too many questions but my hands tend to move first. The feeling starts from the hands or my sholders (a lot of tension/pain from injuries for me in my sholders) The movements feel good. Not what I was expecting and I'm not sure if it's just "happening" or if it's "me" doing it "cause it feels nice to move"

Trying to just do it, and not worry about what happens. Experimenting with a few things... plenty of time to practice.

They should call it Stevie Wonder Nei Gung.

Stevie does Kunlun naturally. He pumps his Kunlun into his music. The swaying, and smiling with his head back. Perfect form.

Thank you for the torough explenation Mantra !

3 days Chen-taijiquan a week, you think its possible with kunlun ? would be horrible to have to make a choise whatever the final option would be :/

Thanx in any case for the efforts your doing here on the forum.

I am quite curious about the shaking and Kunlun in general.

I have exercises for posture that have nothing to do with Qigong but cause a good amount of involuntary shaking.Usually after this particular exercise I feel it nessecary to let off some steam with a loud OHHMMM or two.

Is this in any way similar to holding your heel off the ground until you tremble or am I way off base?

Would this be a less than ideal practice foe people with postural dysfunctions(more people than you might think)?

Here's one that helped me in the beginning. If you don't feel any spontaneous movements start swaying side to side. Imagine your spine is a snake and that your tailbone is the head. So, the snake is moving downward as if it is driving itself into the earth.

The tail will obviously move much more freely than the head which translates to the upper spine moving freely. This helps align the neck and shoulders and release a ton of tension. Let everything go.

Keep this visual going when you do Kunlun and before you know it the energy will really flow.

The waveform you create will provide a path for the magnetic energy to rise.

Wow, that's a powerful imagery. Thanks!

Dear Mantra, what is your opinion on the daily use of a cellular phone ?

Alot of people here have one with them most time of the day. Does it have an effect on kunlun energy or its cultivation ?

Kind regards !

Awesome question!

I basically live on my cell phone but remeber it being mentioned there were some negative things about them...

I read something about dect-devices (portable phone for in house) and cellular phone's emitting elektro magnetic pulsed radiation to bring over there data/communication. Some say they keep doing this even when turned off. (Word is that the new 3G technology uses an even more powerfull form of this radiation)

When carrying my cellular phone in the pocket of my pants for longer then an hour i start to feel small painfull spikes in the outside of my leg a littlebit under the phone (like small needles being put in and out). Looked this up and its an acupuncture point called ST32 (futu).

When on the phone for longer then 1 or 2 minutes i start to get headaches, longer then 3 minutes and the headaches get immensly painfull. This is a strange feeling for me as i normally dont have headache ... ever.

I dont trust it (my body doesnt) and im serieusly thinking of yust trowing my phone in the garbagebin.

Problem is its my only form of communication, when i can choose between communication and health i choose the latter though.

Im really intrested what Mantra or anyone else who possibly has experiences with this subject has to say regarding the use of mobile phone's regarding cultivation of energy.

Ciao !

Edited by minkus