FraterUFA

Astral Projection and the Energy Body

i think astral projection is not related to energy body in any way

read the book, i am suggesting, it actually shatters your view of astral projection and reality

http://www.amazon.com/The-Phase-Shattering-Illusion-Reality/dp/1500578037

he calls astral projection, the phase

We are always in the phase. The difference is that in the waking state, the phase space is straight-jacketed and stabilized by the external sensory organs.

phase state follows the rules of quantum world, strange finding

so basically our senses are not just perceievers but they actually stablize this reality

in phase you shut the stablizers

its like there is a quantum world of possiblities, when you are awake you stabelize this world and what we get is our solid reality

but in phase we shut down our external sensors and enter the quatum world

The Phase is a decent source for various techniques and they are effective. The explanations he offers are a bit off the wall though. Still... take the good, ignore the bad. There are much worse books.

UFA

The Theosophical Society has quite a bit of useful information on all of this.

Lots of free books from them at The Project Gutenberg

Practice does help - but overall it is also treacherous - lots of play in this area leads to lots of insanity - you should tread carefully.

People tend to leave all the doors open while they are working on this and open doors are enticing.

Meditation will create all of what you are looking for - the specifics of what you are looking for have some value - the neutrality has enormous value.

Hey Spotless, that was an interesting post!  Could you talk a bit more about how going deep in this area can lead to insanity?  I have heard from others that it can be somewhat dangerous at the higher levels, and I am curious as to a deeper explanation for why this is, especially from someone with experience.

Cheers,

Tim

UFA-My claim is that the Unconscious is literally the same as the objective world, that the physical objects you happen to be looking at right now, whatever they may be, are as much a part of your mind as the thoughts you believe you're thinking. The science comes in proving that theory.

Aha, I will look into the matter more deeply.

Edited by noonespecial

Hey Spotless, that was an interesting post!  Could you talk a bit more about how going deep in this area can lead to insanity?  I have heard from others that it can be somewhat dangerous at the higher levels, and I am curious as to a deeper explanation for why this is, especially from someone with experience.

Cheers,

Tim

Traveling out of your body intentionally always entails raising your vibration or at the very least not lowering it. Most people doing it do not have a teacher or they do not have a good one. Of those actively "doing" it a much higher percentage go completely off the wall than those in practice doing just about any other practice - particularly mediumship in which you share you body with a being(s).

This situation is not necessary but very few instructions or teachers include the proper observance of how to properly comeback into your body and lower down the vibrations somewhat. Regarding mediumship - just about everything taught is missing a great deal of critical information not the least of which is setting rules with beings which we "assume" are higher than us. Also we are like a house - mediumship and out of body travelers often tend to open all the doors to their house but fail to close them when they are done. Things come into an open house.

• Like 1

Binaural bets, isochronic tones and theta wave recordings will fast track your progress by a million times, if you're open enough. They have for me.

Binaural bets, isochronic tones and theta wave recordings will fast track your progress by a million times, if you're open enough. They have for me.

which ones do you like the best? 

I have an app from the Silva method thats interesting because instead of just biaurals it ping pongs the sound from one ear to the other giving you a right/left bouncing effect in the brain.

Edited by thelerner

I don't have time for reading all the thread. But i suggest Robert Monroe hemy sinc and 'Focus' 

Personally I think that anyone can gain some experience in astral travel, I think that its one pleasant and insightful outcome of the amount of effort you put into your practice. I started astral travel after practicing tai chi for 6 months. At that time I was a very determined and dedicated practitioner and leaving my body while sleeping was a real buzz.

In my experience it was the lower dan tien that was instrumental in achieving these experiences, later on the head chakra played a big part as well. I have also found that developing the base chakra brought about unusual astral experiences that were also a buzz.

The most important thing to develop, I think, is energy. The more energy you generate the more you develop your dreaming body. The more dan tien breathing I did the easier it was to leave my body.

At one time I found myself in the Elysian Fields, the ancient Greek heaven, with a bevy of beautiful ladies. Not all of the experiences were like that though, lol, this was a very special experience. And only once did I find myself in a nasty place. At that time my dan tien exploded and safely shifted me to another dimension.

For me, its all about developing chi, and it takes dedicated practice using the right techniques and mind set. Practicing the wrong way is a waste of your time. 

• Like 3

which ones do you like the best? 

I have an app from the Silva method thats interesting because instead of just biaurals it ping pongs the sound from one ear to the other giving you a right/left bouncing effect in the brain.

Is that the Alpha tapping sound that Silva discovered?

I can't astral travel, although I would love to.

When I was a teenager I told my mother that I would one day astral travel, it happened. I put it down to two things, tai chi and meditating on the dan tien; and dedicated practice several times a day.

Idiot_Stimpy, can I suggest that you practice tai chi or chi kung and particularly the centered breathing at the navel chakra/dan tien. And practice, daily, after a while you will start to feel something different, you will feel energy at your dan tien. Thats a wonderful feeling - and your first milestone. This is the beginning of your journey, and it just gets better.

I have students and clients who can do this in one sitting, not many, but some sure can. It took me a whole lot of time and effort to become proficient, but it certainly paid off.

I remember watching a program on TV, it showed a guy sitting cross legged with his hands folded at his navel. He was doing zen / chen meditation, meditating on his 'hara'. I saw that and thought that I could do that too, and I did, I could feel my mind inside my navel. It was weird but exhilarating. First attempt, first time ever, it inspired me to follow this 'path least traveled'. I hope you too have your 'first time' soon, I_Stimpy :)

• Like 3

The best brainwave entraintment (plus hypnosis) I've ever come across is steve g. Jones 5 diamond astral projection hypnosis cd .costs lrke 300 bucks :-D .. But you can get them free if you know where to look there's also an old robert bruce course produced by soundstrue (not mastering a.p) that's really good

• Like 1

.. But you can get them free if you know where to look

Unfortunately i dont :( could you please give me a clue? ... or PM  :)

Cheers.

On 17/5/2015 at 11:48 AM, lifeforce said:

Hi @lifeforce

Can you expand on how they helped you?

On 7/6/2015 at 10:29 AM, astralc said:

The most important thing to develop, I think, is energy. The more energy you generate the more you develop your dreaming body. The more dan tien breathing I did the easier it was to leave my body.

Hi @astralc,

I read something similar somewhere: one has to have their lower dan tien full of energy in order to facilitate an out-of-body experience...

On 7/6/2015 at 10:29 AM, astralc said:

For me, its all about developing chi, and it takes dedicated practice using the right techniques and mind set. Practicing the wrong way is a waste of your time. 

Easy to say but, how to know one is practicing the wrong way?

What's your opinion on Robert Bruce's books on this matter?

Hi again New2Qi, Robert Bruce's techniques don't work for everyone but they are certainly interesting and worth trying. As for right and wrong practice, find a good teacher, and I mean a good one, shop around, ask people who are studying tai chi or chi king and find someone who can teach you.

Don't forget, most people have no idea of chi or anything about what is discussed on these forums. And many of those who do talk about it have never had an experience. You will have to go slowly and feel your way through your first year or two until you know what questions to ask to find out what to do next. There are plenty of people on this forum who will give you advice but only a few know what they are talking about through direct experience. Find them and chat with them, that will help you a lot. 

All the best my friend and go slowly on this mystics journey, don't rush it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, astralc said:

As for right and wrong practice, find a good teacher, and I mean a good one, shop around, ask people who are studying tai chi or chi king and find someone who can teach you.

As if that's an easy task to do :lol:

I'll stick to my books in the mean time.