Sign in to follow this  
3bob

on being really strange

Want to see some really strange people? Just go to any professional sports event. A "must see" would be professional wrestling.

• Like 2

Check out those lasses in the ringside seats at pro wrestling.

It's the same at MMA bouts.

Those lasses closest to the ringside are often scarier than the fighters in the ring!

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Isn't 'normal' what people play at being when amongst acquaintances whereas we're different amongst close friends and loved ones. I know some seemingly buttoned up people at work who are right little ravers on the weekend and during vacations. :)

Yes , it is , and wisely so. Those who , for one reason or other cant fit in by adjusting to the circumstance , just make their life more difficult ( or their life just will BE more difficult).

Why cant people just be allowed to act normal , why do they have to be pushed to play out every eccentricity they have in front of those who have a hard time accepting it?

Want to see some really strange people? Just go to any professional sports event. A "must see" would be professional wrestling.

I was thinking about Department of Motor Vehicles / Tag office waiting rooms. :)

• Like 1

Oh, I didnt see your sub-edits originally

Lets start over :)

I think some of the advantages being posted for acting 'really strange' are bogus claims

If a person is accepted and 'normal' I dont think theyd have to make such false claims.

From what I hear , people dont want to be weirdos , theyd give anything to be normal !

Oh is it supposed to be fun and wonderful , to be missing body parts , blurting things out with tourettes

ostracized for mental illness , albino , hugely fat, hairy faced (re: women) ,the only person of a religious group or race , in a congregation? etc etc

No I think folks generally want to be normal, and they have good reason to want to be seen as normal , but that they in their personal life away from the criticisms of the cruel , well then youd be free just to be you.

The advice that youre supposed to subject yourself to ridicule , to be 'genuine' in everyone elses face , is bad. If folks were so well accepted being themselves , you wouldnt have to suggest that they pursue it.

Got it.

Ta.

That Tourettes is a puzzler.

There was a first year in our refec shouting abuse at somebody a few tables away.

Really effing and blinding at him she was.

I tackle her saying..

" There's a time and a place and it's neither here nor now. Please moderate your language in the refectory."

She replies...

" F*ck off I've got Tourettes."

Her mate at the same table chips in without missing a beat....

" She has you know, so f*ck off."

Sometimes ya just gotta admit defeat.

:)

I was thinking about Department of Motor Vehicles / Tag office waiting rooms. :)

You do know that those people vote too, don't you?

Got it. Ta. That Tourettes is a puzzler. There was a first year in our refec shouting abuse at somebody a few tables away. Really effing and blinding at him she was. I tackle her saying.. " There's a time and a place and it's neither here nor now. Please moderate your language in the refectory." She replies... " F*ck off I've got Tourettes." Her mate at the same table chips in without missing a beat.... " She has you know, so f*ck off." Sometimes ya just gotta admit defeat. :)

Sorry , that is a bit of a pet issue Ive got there I guess,

Yep that tourettes is really strange.

• Like 1

You do know that those people vote too, don't you?

Ive come to the decision that our system has deteriorated and the vote has been defeated by the paradigm of divide and conquer. When the supreme court can say that corporations are individuals and police canines are officers ,,

well, the fall of the roman empire is repeating itself.

• Like 3

All empires collapse eventually.

It's what they are for.

Yeah, sad. And they generally eat themselves to death from the inside out.

Reality TV at its best.

• Like 1

So far anyhoo.

I can't think of one empire from history that hasn't failed.

Big businesses seem to go the same way too but quicker.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

As its success grows, it invites more corruption from within...

each successive generation that doesn't have to struggle to enjoy high yield lifestyles, becomes weaker and eventually falls to a culture that is hungry and forcefully working toward a higher yield.

Visigoths walked right into Rome didn't they, while the majority of troops were spread out across the empire making sure taxes and resources were flowing in to support the extravagance...

that said... I've never met a normal person, so I'm not sure where strange ends up on that list, if everyone is strange, isn't that normal?

• Like 1

True. If there is no base upon which to define "normal" then "strange" would be undefinable as well.

We all are the same - only different.

• Like 2

found a really strange old music video from the Johnny Carson show but decided it would be really strange to post something that strange... :blink::)

This is a little disturbing -- my first thought when I read this post was "Tiny Tim..."

• Like 1

True. If there is no base upon which to define "normal" then "strange" would be undefinable as well.

We all are the same - only different.

Ahh but theres the rub! one uses their own perspective as a base to label things strange, just like one does for good and evil, though what you said is true from the view of the sage. :)

• Like 1

Hehehe. That wasn't a hint - it was a dead give away.

Yeah, Tim was stragne but he made some money by being that way so what can I say?

And believe it or not he was married to a real woman.

He married Miss Vicki on Johnny's show, in fact.

• Like 2

Ahh but theres the rub! one uses their own perspective as a base to label things strange, just like one does for good and evil, though what you said is true from the view of the sage. :)

Exactly. What have I been saying about the cause of dualities is our subjective brain. (Hehehe. I was going to use the word "mind" but I have elsewhere stated that there is no mind [as we are speaking of it].)

Exactly. What have I been saying about the cause of dualities is our subjective brain. (Hehehe. I was going to use the word "mind" but I have elsewhere stated that there is no mind [as we are speaking of it].)

Thats interesting , what do you mean that theres no mind? You-i- brian have no minds?

Thats interesting , what do you mean that theres no mind? You-i- brian have no minds?

The word "mind" is redundant. There is the brain. The word "mind" speaks to the conscious aspect of the brain. There are other aspects of the brain as well, for example, the sub(un)conscious aspect. Science is still learning about the brain. More knowledge will be available over time.

So yes, mind is conscious thought. No-mind (empty minded meditation, for example) is the absence of conscious thought. The brain is still functioning, the mind is not.

The word "mind" is redundant. There is the brain. The word "mind" speaks to the conscious aspect of the brain. There are other aspects of the brain as well, for example, the sub(un)conscious aspect. Science is still learning about the brain. More knowledge will be available over time.

So yes, mind is conscious thought. No-mind (empty minded meditation, for example) is the absence of conscious thought. The brain is still functioning, the mind is not.

Personally speaking I no mind if you no mind.

4aU1P.jpg

? so ... perfectly normal I see that sort of thing everyday. :)

• Like 1

OooHHH So youre saying I have no Brain !

Where is the brain of the Tao? (and does the Tao have to have a brain before it exists beyond normal existence, hehe)

(and isn't it a little strange that this string has spun so long, eh?)

Sign in to follow this