Cameron

Lama Dorje

Hey Cameron, I just went through a few days of being a little overbalanced from the seminars and practicing too much of what I learned from Max. When I learned the Maoshan 5 elements standing exercise in August Max told me to practice each one 5 - 7 minutes a day so I started with 5 minutes each for twenty five minutes total and that was fine for me. I always felt a lot of energy afterwards . The energy was also more intense than from my usual standing practices. Well last week I decided to double it to 10 minutes each for 50 minutes a day and that was too much and add to that all the energy I received from the seminars and I got pretty sick and had to balance out a few days. I even ate hamburgers which is rare for me in order to try and get back to normal. Now I am feeling better and back to the prescribed 5 minutes each a day. So there is definitely a different energy to this practice and you have to watch how you are doing so you don't overdo it and also so you can stay balanced. Craig

Edited by portcraig

Thanks Craig.

Yup. Max and Smile both said the same thing to me..relax. The thing is..when all this energy opens up it is pretty mind blowing so to just say "relax", well....you know :)

I am going to add my combat conditioning excercises back in for the first time since the workshop tomorrow morning. Will be interested to see how doing hard physical excercise balances the energy out.

A friend of mine basically grew up in India and has done Kundalini Yoga for years and he looked at me and goes "man, you are waaaaaay out there..relax..breathe..relax..breathe".

So..will do my best to relax and breathe :)

Thanks Craig.

Yup. Max and Smile both said the same thing to me..relax. The thing is..when all this energy opens up it is pretty mind blowing so to just say "relax", well....you know :)

I am going to add my combat conditioning excercises back in for the first time since the workshop tomorrow morning. Will be interested to see how doing hard physical excercise balances the energy out.

A friend of mine basically grew up in India and has done Kundalini Yoga for years and he looked at me and goes "man, you are waaaaaay out there..relax..breathe..relax..breathe".

So..will do my best to relax and breathe :)

Hey Cam,

There is an interesting level to Kunlun that we have not revealed too much about and that is the physical changes that happen in the beginning, as your body adjusts.

In Kunlun, your spirit (magnetic body) expands beyond the usual physical containment. Channels of energy open up that have been closed for many lifetimes and you start to clear your own path. It's like erasing your path, in a way. Sometimes this can be quite uncomfortable afterward as these things you're clearing are the things that have defined you for a very long time. Spiritually and physically.

Before you know it you are operating from a way more pure and true expression of yourself.

People will know quickly if this is a path for them because it takes you through enlightening insights so rapidly that you may have to take a breather to sit and contemplate. When you see how close we are all to true enlightenment you have to honestly ask yourself "Do I really want this right now?"

For many people the answer is, yes. They have an understanding about their own level of attachment to the things of this plane, and can see the potential of Kunlun to facilitate the transcendence of their own self-generated limitations.

But it is important to always maintain balance. You don't need to practice everyday. Sometimes the greatest changes come on days when you are doing no practice.

You have started a true internal alchemy that continues to work, even when you are resting.

It is recommended that you do exactly what your instincts dictate.

If you need grounding you should do it. Trust yourself. Kunlun is about trusting yourself.

Remember, Max was given these practices and told to go away for seven years to "face the wall." This meant: figure it out yourself.

You must do your own work.

I will make sure we touch on this aspect of Kunlun in all future seminars. Normally in class we do many standing postures. At the first LA seminar he taught 5 elements standing postures. He taught Red Phoenix instead at the second one.

Take care. You are right on.

Chris

if you do Red Phoenix too much without bringing energy down you can go crazy.

Hi Cameron and all,

I am new here but have been lurking and reading most posts on TaoBums for a few weeks now - great board! Cameron, would you or someone else give a general description of what the Red Phoenix practice actually is? I gather it is a little restricted, so I'm not looking for an exact 'how-to' description - just generally. For example, is it a standing or seated practice? Is it a series of forms? Is it a kind of qigong pranayama, involving breath work and the conscious direction of qi through the body? If so, is it similar to the micro or macrocosmic orbits or more like a kundalini pranayama from yoga or AYP; or perhaps more like Tibetan gtummo and that of John Chang's Mo Pai?

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam

Man,

This has been just amazing. Way beyond my wildest dreams. Ok..let me just try to have some little concept about what it has felt like for the last week.

Basically..the oneness that is realaized and sustained is so real. Like unity..Tao..just feels like I am a fish swimming in the ocean of Tao.

My really deep dark crap has been getting released(as some friends of mine on the board can probably note) but the most profound thing is this total 'opening' to all that has happened in this lifetime. Most noticebaly conneciton to childlike, innocence.

Also...seems to be wild levels of synchronicty and almost like this sense of 'working with the universe' like sort of catching things before they happen. Like people are mostly characters in this dream state called life and this practice opens you to the truth..that it is all God's play.

It is a little difficult at times for sure. It is a bit challenging to be so in the ehad for so many years..really just 'asleep' and then basically have the rug pulled out from under you like this. It's like playing a video game and you think you are this character in the game..but then 'wake up' that your just an imaginary little blip on the tv screen. The real you is something so vast and undescibeable you just feel like laughing about it.

I will do my best to try to make it to SF. Also, since being in Max's presence the celibacy thing has been a non issue. I don't know if Max did something to me energetically or what but it feels like the energy is basically 'locked' down there. Like it has nowhere to go but up.

Anyway..the not sleeping thing has been a little weird but I am finding some solice in just laying down now. Like just being still in bed. I don't know..I imagine in ancient Egypt they would do all sorts of stuff and I know Max is a master in that school too.

Well..anyway..I porbably shouldn't go on too much. But the time you said Max is a "system breaker" just makes total sense to me now. It can be a scary thing to break the system but also probably what is encissary for us crazy humans to evolve.

Edited by Cameron

Goodday people !

Im following this conversation about the kunlun practice and sifu max for a while now, several debates going on on several fora. Very intresting ! the exercises on themselves are powerfull, i was pleasantly suprised, i can compare my experiences with the one affenbrot wrote down some posts back. Also enjoyed the reactions good and less good :) on this forum and the clear comprehensive explenation mantra68 provided on both kinds of view.

As i live in Europe i didnt have the chance to meet sifu max or mantra on a public meeting. I did understand there where videotapes available but unfortunatly from dubious source.

I heard several people talking here about a 5 element posture and a practice called red phoenix, the posture's ok but what does this red phoenix practice means ? is it a form of meditation or also a standing or sitting form ? maybe a more complex system ?

Dont get me wrong im not asking for a manual, yust some info on what red phoenix is or means.

For example i can say the kunlun exercises as prescribed in the book (and there effect) surely awoke curiousity.

Kind regards !

edit: to Cameron, i understand some events or realisations been a kind of shock or had serieus impact on you .. seems like some powerfull experiences you had in the last week. I can surely understand if things move to fast its better to take a small step back or "put em in neutral". I find it brave you post these things here and to me what you say is like a signal to approach things on a gentle and natural way. I find this intresting as it is something remarkable we can all possibly encounter learning more or meeting this practice and energy. I wish you luck !

Edited by minkus

People keep asking about Red Phoenix.

I won't talk about the practice. but here is my experience when I learned it...

Max taught us RP I beleive on sunday. It is very simple. It was surreal experience for me getting taught and afterwards. Max was teaching it and standing right in front of me. I was listening to him explain from right behind and thinking this sounds really easy and not too big a deal.

Somehow as he was teaching it something started to shift and I started to enter a kind of altered state. What was so strange was it was the simples practice but it must have been the transmission that did this too me...

So...Sunday afternoon night Trunk, Sean Denty, Smile and me get lunch. Things were totally normal..no big deal..We ended up getting some good food and talking alot and by the time we left Trunk informed me that I had only like half and hour or something until my private sesshin with Max.

Anyway..us 4 start going back to Trunks car. We drive back to the hotel and I say by to Smile and Sean and then Trunks rushes us back to his house. When I get to his house I jump in my car and drive back to the hotel.

When I got to the hotel I was like 10 minutes late. I was freaking out trying to get upstairs..I was rushing. I get to the room and knock on the door.

Max opens the door and is like can I help you? I go I am there for the private sesshin. He sort of looks a round and looks behind him at the dude that is already there. They had overbooked 3 people for the same time slot. He wassort of looking around not sure what to do and then gives me a pad(the whole pad not just the sheet) of Ramada Inn paper with Chris(Mantra) # on it .He looks at me and goes "Umm..call Chris.."

I give him "thumbs up" and tell him not to worry about it...we will figure it out.

I call Chris and left a message and then called him back after walking aorund the hotel for like half and hour and he goes..there is one more opening..for 1 PM tomorrow. I tell him "no problem..I will see you at the party tonight".

Next I got in my car and start driving. I called Sean Omlor on the phone. I told him about some of my experiences that day. Not sure how long we talked for but at some point we stopped talking.

That's when I basically had this Red Phoenix start to come up I think. I hadnt' really noticed it but the RP energy was going and going and going. I realized I was sitting at a gas station and not sure where I was. I had direcitons from Mapquest and the party started in about 2 hrs or something. I thought I would probably make it..then I started riving.

Suddenly everyhting seemed so amazing to me. The road I ws driving on and the sky and the clouds. It was all so beautiful. I was no longerdirecting where I was going. I was just driivng wherever.

I drove for maybe 2 hrs and then relaized I had no idea where I was. I found myself in some nice part of LA. I went to another gas station to see if I could get directions. When I got out of my car at the gas station there was a tree there that was so amazing to me. All I could think was "Wow...look at that tree". I went into the gas staiton and asked the guy for direcitons but basically couldn't stop laughing. I went into the bathroom..I had to pay a quarter to use the bathroom in the ga station which was so funny..I never seen anyone charge for bathroom before..LA is so funny!

I stood in the bathroom and thought "no way I am making the party".

I got out and asked the guy for directions. I couldnt' make sens eof what he was saying..was like he was joking with me about finding some place..I went outside and again am like "Wow..look at that tree..."

This guy comes up to me and is like "Hey man..let me help..where are you trying to go?"

I remeber Trunk lived..well..I won't say where he lived but gave the guy the city name and he tells me how to ge there..he is like you go here..then you go here..then you go there.."

I go.."Hey man..do you think you can write that down for me?"

He says no..he doesnt have a pen..so I thank him and get back in my car..

I start driving again and the RP is just insane..just opening up and man..just almost too, too much.

I try to follow his directions but start driving around and I get lost and somehow I get lost in China Town. I get off and go to another gas station and get some drink or something. I ask the guy at the gas staiton where the way to where Trunk lives..and he tells me but I can't really understand what he is saying.

A friend from Colorade called me while I was pacing the halls at the hotel about the 3 day workshop I was doing with Ken Cohen and Master Chen. He goes..he is moving to Denver but I am welcome to stay with his friend there who is a girl and she is nice or somehting. He is one of my best friends from Aikido and I tell him..I am waiting at hotel to talk to a Master..he is like the kind of pwoer like O'Sensei was or even higher. My friend is like "Cool dude".

I then called Trunk who goes "I am on the other line Cam..do whatever..bye..oh I will leave you directions to the party ".

So..I eneded up driving around China Town. I drive to the end of one street and there are 3 Chinese guys sitting outside this house smoking cigarettes. The smoke fills my car and I go "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey...."

They are speaking Chinese. One guy comes up to my car and I ask him how to get th where Trunk house is. He gives me direcitons.

At this point I could barely focus on the road. I got to Trunks neihborhood somehow and called Smile at airport..he tells me he and Sean Denty were hanging out talking. I told him I am driving around. We say goodbye to eachother.

I get to Trunks house after awhile and go upstairs. It felt like the ground underneath me was shaking. I keep getting this thing come up over and over since the workshop feels like the ground is shaking.

Feels like if you are on a boat in the ocean and you feel the ocean moving under you..feels like that. Trunk got back like an hour later and came upstairs and asked for his keys..I had a hard time moving my body.

I was basically feeling stuck..then he tells me "don't fall out the window".

The ground felt like it wa shaking.

Finally the next day I talk to Sifu Max. When I aksed him about the ground shaking feeling he said "Your awakining your dormant powers".

He also told me always bring energy down after doing RF.

I hope that is alteast somewhat helpful and gives you some insight into why there no way in hell I am explaining how to do this practice on a discussion board.

:lol:

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the detailed and most interesting account of your experiences! I enjoyed it very much. The more we hear about it, the more our interest seems to be peaked - quite reasonably so. All we are trying to figure out, is what "kind" of practice is it. Not how to do it; just what it is similar to in terms of other known practices. What category does it fall into. A standing form practice; or a sitting practice; a microcosmic orbit practice or some other, etc. That kind of information is so general, it seems clear almost no additional information is being added to the conversation that could be used to practice with, just a general categorization of the practice; certainly not instructions. :D

In kind regards,

Adam.

copied to my jounral and here-

I have my doubts now whether Kunlun is the right path for me. Obviously it seems to be working beautifully for some people. I am not sure it is balanced for me or not.

I am still only sleeping maybe 2 hrs a night. I had a dream of David Shen's teacher Jiang Sifu. I won't beat around the Bush. I felt a pretty powerful conncetion that I can't even explain with Sean Denty and when we were eating lunch togethe rhad some really intereting transmission from him. Was like the energy of his teacher came into my shen.

As I told Trunk...that weekend was alot.

As of now..I am not going to pracitce kunlun for 1 week. I will do standing meditation(yiquan) every morning. That's all. I just want the energy to come down at this point. This is wild but does not feel balanced to me. I am having a hard time focusing at work and at school..not something I particularly enjoy.

So..for now..will just stand every day. My feeling as of this moment is I will study with Ken Cohen or will take the plunge and try to study with David Shen.

It is possible something might change. But as of this moment I will not post or comment or address questions or anything until after my week of standing.

Blessings,

Cam

Edited by Cameron

One thing I know I can definitely do is ground you. If you are still having difficulty, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Well, this is a little disturbing.

I tried to do standing meditation like I did many times before and after 15 minutes my body started shaking around just like in Kunlun. And the ground is still shaking.

Fuck.

Thanks Chris,

I appreciate it. still not really sleeping. I am not even going to talk about that anymore. Yeah..my sense is you could maybe cover some of the transformations of energy and consciousness a little it more. The seminar was sort of like..here is some totally mind blowing tools that will completely change your outlook on things and have fun with that.

I mean..maybe that is a fun way to teach it..but it most definetly leaves me with the feeling "I need more feedback".

So..yeah..I just don't have a clue. I am starting to realaize I can't even really have a design or plan on how things are going to go. Like..this is just throwing stuff out the window.

Will do my best to relax...eat....be as loving as I can. Might still try to make it to SF.

Thanks Chris,

I appreciate it. still not really sleeping. I am not even going to talk about that anymore. Yeah..my sense is you could maybe cover some of the transformations of energy and consciousness a little it more. The seminar was sort of like..here is some totally mind blowing tools that will completely change your outlook on things and have fun with that.

I mean..maybe that is a fun way to teach it..but it most definetly leaves me with the feeling "I need more feedback".

So..yeah..I just don't have a clue. I am starting to realaize I can't even really have a design or plan on how things are going to go. Like..this is just throwing stuff out the window.

Will do my best to relax...eat....be as loving as I can. Might still try to make it to SF.

Hey Cam,

Your experience kinds reminds me of a passage from one of Sri Aurobindo's books;

"You must dismiss the fear of the concentration. The emptiness you feel coming on you is the silence of the great peace in which you become aware of your self, not as the small ego shut up in the body, but as the spiritual self wide as the universe. Consciousness is not dissolved; it is the limits of the consciousness that are dissolved.....it is the beginning of the transformation and there is nothing in it to fear."

Maybe another private session with Max would be helpful?

G

Yeah...I will probably go to SF.

Chocalatey goodneessssssssssss.

One thing we are finding is that people are opening WAY faster than ever before. We didn't expect that. I guess it is just time for these practices.

We will focus on grounding and more of the after effects in future seminars.

Take a break from the practice and just try to flow. Be empty.

Eat a lot of meat if you can. You need it.

Please do not discuss the method of Red Phoenix. Like I said, whole armies died for that practice. It is that powerful. I am actually surprised he taught it.

Go easy and don't be afraid.

Take care bro,

Chris

Hey Cam,

I just spoke to Max about your situation and he says to walk on the earth bare foot, or dig into the earth with your bare hands. Do some gardening or something. Also he says to take about two weeks off and come back to the mundane world for a while.

We are getting lots of reports of people seeing little Chinese men while they practice. These are Max's old teachers. They are drawn to those who are opening themselves up using the old ways. Sometimes they will come into you or someone else near you and start to teach you things. This is normal within the Taoist tradition.

Visions of serpents and what not, are from reconnecting with your reptilian brain and past.

Many things are happening right now. There was a negative pattern of energy over the last few weeks and now it is shifting to a much more powerful positive flow. Solar flares are going off for the next short while and things are only going to get more intense.

This is a trip down the rabbit hole. It gets weird, but we are just seeing a bigger reality.

That's what I told him too--barefoot on dirt :D

I just bought the book. Any chance he will be coming to the East Coast?

Thanx for the open and very detailed description of what happend Cameron, sounds indeed pretty intense experiences O.O reminds me of effects certain consciousaltering substances can have on the brain. You lost your perception of time and space and your ability to understand people. Seems the practice and the transmission you received where quite effective. Are you from nature a sensitive person (energywise) Cameron ?

About the red phoenix .. If the energy keeps going on and on inside you after this fairly basic practice, if most masters sifu max knows practice it, if sifu max he's own website is called "Rising red phoenix" and if Mantra68 (Chris from the book and a very close student of sifu max) himself says that whole armies have died for this practice. Then its logical some people are slightly curious about what it is :P

If its indeed such a powerfull method then i understand its certainly not wise discussing it openly on a forum though.

One thing we are finding is that people are opening WAY faster than ever before. We didn't expect that. I guess it is just time for these practices.

We are reaching the aquariusage, humandkind is growing to a higher (common?) consciounce and cosmic energy patterns are getting stronger and stronger as we speak .. the search for meaning and spirituality in humankind never been so big in our "modern" days of hitech and mass consuming .. obviously as 2012 is very close !

Or that is what reallife friends are trying to explain to me for 6 months now. They changed abruptly i must say, in 1 random week they (a group of 3 people, by coincidence all have the aquarius sign lol) became the most spiritual, concerned and reality seeking people i know.

This i find a really good thing dont get me wrong was it not that the last couple of months every conversation i hear goes about the same issues mentioned above AARGH. This on itself could be a sign of what they say is correct, dunno lol although it is weird indeed.

The outcomming of people like your sifu and others and the possibility more and more spiritual masters are going to step out of the shadow (as mentioned in a discussion on the foundation forum) is a good sign allready that tide is turning, im very happy for that and that we can witness the joy of this liberation if i can name it that way.

Sorry couldnt resist mentioning this, cu later and enjoy practising all.

Small edit: yust read the post about the visions of serpents and chinese men, sounds impressive yes.

Edited by minkus

Please tell us more about red phoenix chi kung?

Also more info on the dragons and old masters visiting?

WYG

Can someone explain what the Age of Aquarious is and what it does?

Edited by Wun Yuen Gong