Jeff

Been a while... Anyone for a chat?

that is loud text, i quieted it a little...

So im not sure what the deal is here, but my question was simply in regard to your quoted response to me:

And all i was asking is why you were scrutinizing the chat?

Apologies for the large font. My eyesight is getting worse every year and I find it increasingly difficult to read the standard default 12 point size. It's not driven by a desire to shout loudly. Just personal comfort - (and, I must admit, aesthetics. I find Georgia a much more attractive font than Arial.)

As for your question about why I am "scrutinizing" the chat - I must confess I'm completely at a loss as to what you mean.

I'm quite familiar with the meaning of that word, but I'm not really sure that you are.

Like anyone else on who comes to this forum,  I first check out thread titles that seem to have some potential interest value to them. I look at a few of the replies to see what's being said. And if I find enough of them interesting and relevant to however I happen to be feeling at the time, I may well throw in a comment of my own for whatever it's worth. Wouldn't you say that this probably describes the pattern of about 90% of the users of this forum ? Perhaps even yourself ?

Now, if you were to quickly check the dictionary to make sure that you actually are au fait with the meaning of 'scrutinize', could you then explain to me how the process I've described above is seen by yourself as "scrutinizing the chat" ?

Edited by ThisLife

Anyone care to disagree with me about anything in chat?  Seems I can't continue my discussion I was having in a thread.

• Like 2

I am not a spiritual teacher, so no problem. I thought the answer perfect for your original question. So what is your specific question? Happy to answer. Best, Jeff

Exactly. Don't get misguided by these "teachings", it seems like you're not getting anything out of it.

Apologies for the large font. My eyesight is getting worse every year and I find it increasingly difficult to read the standard default 12 point size. It's not driven by a desire to shout loudly. Just personal comfort - (and, I must admit, aesthetics. I find Georgia a much more attractive font than Arial.)

As for your question about why I am "scrutinizing" the chat - I must confess I'm completely at a loss as to what you mean.

I'm quite familiar with the meaning of that word, but I'm not really sure that you are.

Like anyone else on who comes to this forum,  I first check out thread titles that seem to have some potential interest value to them. I look at a few of the replies to see what's being said. And if I find enough of them interesting and relevant to however I happen to be feeling at the time, I may well throw in a comment of my own for whatever it's worth. Wouldn't you say that this probably describes the pattern of about 90% of the users of this forum ? Perhaps even yourself ?

Now, if you were to quickly check the dictionary to make sure that you actually are au fait with the meaning of 'scrutinize', could you then explain to me how the process I've described above is seen by yourself as "scrutinizing the chat" ?

simply put, why does it matter to you what we do with our chat room, or how pleased we are to see the maximum (5 person) threshold raised?

Things have been quiet today.  Going into chat for a while if anyone is interested...

well i tried yesterday, but my time limit ran up unexpectedly when i thought i had a whole hour left...  now im on my last 30 min of library internet...  i'll give it another shot, but im just lurking i guess

pokeitybumpoke

edit:  actually... it's pretty late, and im exhausted... maybe tomorrow morning after i get off work... some time around 2:30 AM PST.

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan