BaguaKicksAss

Teach for free? You can all go.....

like here in india

there is a guru, actually not mine but my father's

he has initiated my father , so he is kind of our family guru

he is a devotee of Shiva

he never asked for even a cent

on the contrary he gives us money whenever we need, or whenever he feels like

he also teaches yoga and meditation , gives shaktipath all for free, only if you are interested

he spends lots of money for charity and for the worship of lord shiva

and nobody has an idea from where does he get all this money

i think real masters never need money, they have enough of it , they get it somehow whenever they need

may be by siddhis or magical means

but ya he stresses on giving service so he does ask for your service , mostly for lord shiva or for some household work

which he says helps in reducing karmic effect

• Like 4

if you really believe you teaching anyone anything, you should get your self admitted to a psychatric ward :P

The reason being .... Teaching takes place when learning does and learning takes place when one teaches ones self something.

If the above is true then..... No one can possibly teach anyone anything...

:)

• Like 1

.... volunteer all day everyday :).

So recently I hit burnout again from answering questions and teaching and helping a myriad of people. I also got behind at work from this too. And half of y'all think I should always do this for free? Do you realize how many people I *already* turn down each week? At least the ones that pay help me to take a little time off of work after so I can recuperate. You really think teaching is just about writing or saying words? Really?

You wouldn't beleive how trashed on I get sometimes when I say no to people who ask for me to do stuff for free for them! Trade, that works out 10% of the time, the rest never come through with their half, or the hours end up being 4 to 1.

Also I don't see you doing your job for free. How do you pay rent?

Now I think there should be sliding scales (though I have found people sometimes lie a lot about their income when you do it that way), and not charging 10x what the standard rates are, but that is just me.

I'm most definitely good with someone finding a different teacher if they feel my rates are to high :D. Teachers are a dime a dozen these days with the internet and all.

OK rant over, I do teach for free 80% of the time, but I don't feel I would be doing anything wrong no matter what % it is, nor other teachers being wrong for charging for teachings. I know some people do teach for free, a few hours per week all together. There are others who teach for free many hours, that is awesome too. Then there are those who teach for donations, that works out pretty well sometimes and not so much other times. All is good, there shouldn't be any YOU HAVE TO police.

Sure I wrote this from my perspective, but just imagine the teachers who are actually well known and famous.. I figure they get 10-100 times the amount of requests and emails I do!

Put money and get off the free loaders and attention seekers.

Those who are sincere to pay big amount you can send back the money after you receive it,

or take a part ,especially those who dont have anything.

Those who not lose can not gain.

Especially charge those, who you spend time to teach and they not study and exercise them

and consume.

Call it study fee, if they are doing good you can pay back with free stuff or money back.

See how their hearts are.

• Like 3

I see you wrote you know magic. Can you create money? if you do, you can do that and teach for free.

Please reserve me a place on that course.

There's a skill that I want to learn!

I see you wrote you know magic. Can you create money? if you do, you can do that and teach for free.

Well it doesn't come out of thin air, you do magic to get money, and you get more hours at work or a raise... lol.

if you really believe you teaching anyone anything, you should get your self admitted to a psychatric ward :P

The reason being .... Teaching takes place when learning does and learning takes place when one teaches ones self something.

Wow, that's going to be one full psyche ward of university professors... just sayin ;).

I dont teach for free.

People pay taxes, the government pays me ... we just added a middle man.

I must say however, it is rather wonderful that the Federal Government 'supports' me, considering the radical nature of what I teach ;)

The State government doesnt support me ... they are still after me and want the land ... but they dont get taxes nor distribute pensions ... so :P

• Like 1

Except the above isnt true ... so your whole idea collapses. Or was it just an attempt to perpetuate your screen name ?

• Like 1

If no one can teach anyone anything then folks would be walking around in potentially dangerous shoes without the laces tied and I have been accepting a salary under false pretences these 37-years past.

I think that Mystique Enigma has moved on BTW.

Not seen her around the boards for some time.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I think that our different lives manifest outwards differently. If we are in a position where we need to pay rent, etc. - then of course this is part of our plan - to be a paid teacher.

And maybe at a later point in our life we'll be in a different financial position. Personally, I'm getting along pretty well on my pension, so I don't need to charge. Then, it's just the fun of seeing what life brings down the pike and reacting with love to each circumstance the best we can. In my case, that does involve facilitating others to heal - but it's a real LUXURY not to have to charge for it. But having to charge doesn't lessen the love needed for the healings - I would think particularly in BKA's case, who has a beautiful way of using love in everything she does.

But all we can do is tread water where we happen to be. And that should be Here Now - not worrying about whether we have to charge for our services or not. If we have to, we have to. If our intent is to "get rich" off these services and our intent is to accumulate wealth - then obviously the teacher has a few things to learn for themselves. But that is not BKA....

• Like 5

When I turned 65 years of age I stopped doing things for free for others and I have almost stopped completely doing things for others.

Other than helping bums out with your postings here you mean?

Liminal

• Like 3

There ain't no free lunches. No free lessons. Somebody has to pay.

Exactly! If I teach for free, the other might not be paying .... but a 'payment' will certainly be extracted .... from me, in one form or another ... the effort of the teacher being the least of it.

Even with paying students it gets wacky.

This really happened;

Student; " I am willing to pay someone VERY well, to teach me Tarot"

Me; "What sort of teaching?"

S; " There are some cards and attributions and associations I just dont get."

Me: Okay ... how much do you want to pay me?"

You decide

Okay $ .... per hour, not the research, nor communication, just per hour of what I write down for you."

What! Thats outrageous! I am not paying that much.

Well, you did say you would pay a lot and you did ask me to name a price, if that is too high, again, you suggest one.

I dont know

:rolleyes: Okay, after some research I have found that here in Oz and over there in Texas, the closest this comes to is 'Research and Reporting' , in both countries that is around $60 per hour. I will do the work up front and you dont have to pay me until you get it and are happy about it ... so you wont feel you will get ripped off (he said he sent money to others before and they just kept it and never responded back).

What! I am not paying you $60 per hour! I wouldn't pay you more than $30 per card.

Okay, thats fine, It will take me about 1/2 an hour to outline a card for you, so thats $30 a card and 2 cards an hour.

Thats more like it !

:D ... so we start ... he starts saying what he thinks. what I have offered is wrong etc .... Then he starts writing about his personal problems.

Me: " Do you really want to pay me for personal chat"

eventually 'Student: ... "its been some time since I stopped taking my medication ... I apologise for my recent outbursts and insults to you "

.. two weeks later disappears 'owing' money .... a month later pays it, apologises again, wants to start up and for me to do his astrology

pass.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Liminal

I 'll have you know that Marble head had a full head of hair when he first came here , now its like ........... a marble .

• Like 1

Liminal

I do what I can.

I do still give to my charities but doing that doesn't require me to get personally involved with them. When I have extra money I send some but when I'm in a tight period they don't get any.

Exactly! If I teach for free, the other might not be paying .... but a 'payment' will certainly be extracted .... from me, in one form or another ... the effort of the teacher being the least of it.

Even with paying students it gets wacky.

This really happened;

Student; " I am willing to pay someone VERY well, to teach me Tarot"

Me; "What sort of teaching?"

S; " There are some cards and attributions and associations I just dont get."

Me: Okay ... how much do you want to pay me?"

You decide

Okay $ .... per hour, not the research, nor communication, just per hour of what I write down for you."

What! Thats outrageous! I am not paying that much.

Well, you did say you would pay a lot and you did ask me to name a price, if that is too high, again, you suggest one.

I dont know

:rolleyes: Okay, after some research I have found that here in Oz and over there in Texas, the closest this comes to is 'Research and Reporting' , in both countries that is around $60 per hour. I will do the work up front and you dont have to pay me until you get it and are happy about it ... so you wont feel you will get ripped off (he said he sent money to others before and they just kept it and never responded back).

What! I am not paying you $60 per hour! I wouldn't pay you more than $30 per card.

Okay, thats fine, It will take me about 1/2 an hour to outline a card for you, so thats $30 a card and 2 cards an hour.

Thats more like it !

:D ... so we start ... he starts saying what he thinks. what I have offered is wrong etc .... Then he starts writing about his personal problems.

Me: " Do you really want to pay me for personal chat"

eventually 'Student: ... "its been some time since I stopped taking my medication ... I apologise for my recent outbursts and insults to you "

.. two weeks later disappears 'owing' money .... a month later pays it, apologises again, wants to start up and for me to do his astrology

pass.

Sounds familiar ;).