Sign in to follow this  
steve

FIFA World Cup 2014

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-player-admits-flop-may-141128993.html

shouldnt fifa use instant replay to decide on decisions that will decide the outcome of a game?

should a flopper recieve a yellow or red card?

Should get a yellow for 'simulation' ... this would be more likely in the English League they seem to have forgotten this rule for the WC. As for video technology FIFA are very resistant cos they like the game to flow and not stop start as in American Football.

• Like 1

Should get a yellow for 'simulation' ... this would be more likely in the English League they seem to have forgotten this rule for the WC. As for video technology FIFA are very resistant cos they like the game to flow and not stop start as in American Football.

imho, easily solved by having a small panel of refs on the replay. stuff like that, they see it on video, send an infraction on down.

you know how fast that would kill...

Jon-Lovitz-ACTING_t380.jpg

• Like 1

imho, easily solved by having a small panel of refs on the replay. stuff like that, they see it on video, send an infraction on down.

you know how fast that would kill...

Jon-Lovitz-ACTING_t380.jpg

Yep they do it in other sports so why not the multi billion sport of football. Need to send a few of these off and that would stop it right away.

columbia looks good , right? do they have a chance against brazil? chile dang near pulled it off.

Columbia's size and speed and strength is always something to contend with... but Brazil's legacy of mastery of the game is often the trump card in the end.

Nice to see Columbia and Nigeria moving on.

i thought the netherlands caught a huge break with that foul called , looked like he flopped to me,

but how come he wasnt the one to take the penalty kick?

kinda like shaq getting fouled and larry bird able to shoot the free throws,,,

i get it that he was in the box close to the goal when the "foul" occured,,anyways.

go costa rica!!

Netherlands... Robbens is their top player... notice that he rarely goes down (flops) on a breakaway... he can jump a tackle better than most... but he has mastered the flop in critical situations and none more than in the 'box'... It was a foul but his sportsmanship flop is rather ugly.

He did not take the kick simply because most teams via the coach have already decided a rotation or assignment prior to any fouls. As a comparison: When a team gets a free kick close to a goal you will see they often huddle and a few are talking and deciding, etc... On penalty kicks, they don't do this; the assignment is generally done ahead of time so nobody has to think or decide anything; just get up there and kick it.

After Mexico got their goal, I was root for them to hold on as that would of been an unexpected upset on some level... but the pressure the Netherlands played for the rest of the game shows they are the better team.

• Like 1

As for video technology FIFA are very resistant cos they like the game to flow and not stop start as in American Football.

I thought at one time in the past, there was some thought as to whether there should be two 'center referees'... but I think that a single center is enough and they rely on their linesmen as needed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dutch-player-admits-flop-may-141128993.html

shouldnt fifa use instant replay to decide on decisions that will decide the outcome of a game?

should a flopper recieve a yellow or red card?

Hockey does a better job on flopping than any other major sport.

NBA has become unwatchable for me and Soccer/Football is close behind.

I'm still chuckling thinking about that GIF Joeblast... classic!

Hockey does a better job on flopping than any other major sport.

NBA has become unwatchable for me and Soccer/Football is close behind.

I'm still chuckling thinking about that GIF Joeblast... classic!

which was why I said the refs can get partial at times, stanley cup playing in LA this year it was like the ref had money on LA to win

i look forward to the france-germany match. from my novice eyes it seems 4 of the top 5 teams are in the same bracket.

i do like how the game continues to flow, it is largely what is attractive about the "beautiful game"

if the fouled player had to take the penalty kick it wouldnt slow the game, it would be automatic--always fouled player takes penalty kick.

lol i realize i am not going to change the rules..

germany and france have displayed skill, so did brazil (long accurate kick passes to team mates) but this seems a game of who is the best conditioned, so many late goals deciding the outcome. dont prepare for a 90 minute game when you will be playing 120

• Like 1

dont prepare for a 90 minute game when you will be playing 120

IN BRAZILIAN WEATHER ! :D

A few Belgium players are so red faced they are probably looking forward to getting back to Europe ;)

IN BRAZILIAN WEATHER ! :D

it's winter in the south. It's like the tournament is being played on two different continents. And there are teams (not mentioning names, but dont cry for one them) who played only very weak sides, in the south, to trot through their groups into the second round where they meet other teams that are burned out from playing all their group games in the broiling north.

• Like 1

post-3061-0-64916600-1404474297_thumb.jpg

... just to clarify the difference between American football and real football.

• Like 3

Ong, is that real??

On my phone right now so limited functionality, but want to suggest searching "soccer vs MMA meme" and see what you find ;-)

Edited by soaring crane

Brasil 2 Columbia 1

Good game .... this is more like it.

its getting just about crunch time, I would say.

I had been pulling for the unlikely --- costa rica

well they gave it a good ride.

those blue striped shirts are still in it. looks like a heavy weight final four.

not too surprising

its getting just about crunch time, I would say.

I had been pulling for the unlikely --- costa rica

well they gave it a good ride.

those blue striped shirts are still in it. looks like a heavy weight final four.

not too surprising

The Germany - Brazil semi-final is probably the final... I will predict that the winner of that wins the cup...

This is Machine vs Magic... and the winner will play the Netherlands... who are historically the best team to not win...

This is Machine vs Magic...

boah, I just can't let that go unchallenged. Absolute stereotyping, based on old myths. Sorry, Dawei, but you can't have actually watched many games and still draw that conclusion.

Germans play with as much passion and emotion as anyone else, and Brazil of today is anything but "magic". Dirty Tricks is a better description of their strategy at this WC. They've completely gone off the scale with hard, dirty fouls, and the twelfth member of their team aka Referinho has seen to it that they progress through the stages.

Joachim Löw, the German trainer, interrupted journalists at a press conference to comment about Neymar's injury:

"Es tut uns schrecklich leid. Für ihn, für die Mannschaft, für die ganze Nation. Ich hoffe auf schnelle Genesung und dass alles gut für ihn wird. Wir hätten ihn gerne dabei gehabt"

"We're deeply sorry for him, for the team, for the eintire nation. I wish a quick recovery and hope everything will turn out good for him. We would have enjoyed having him in the game"

He actually said more about it but I can't find the full text. It was a heartfelt commentary from someone with a big heart.

Edited by soaring crane

well oiled machine probably does fit tho, 4 straight semis, 16 straight quarters. and I think brazil paid a heavy price for their 'tactics' against columbia. this is the only futbol I have watched since 98. but from my view messi looks better than robben.

I am sure passions will be running high with all teams and fans left in this.

Germany handled france easier than I expected and costa rica hung in there with the dutch.

I predict Germany 2 Brasil 1 ... but I'm usually wrong.

boah, I just can't let that go unchallenged. Absolute stereotyping, based on old myths. Sorry, Dawei, but you can't have actually watched many games and still draw that conclusion.

Germans play with as much passion and emotion as anyone else, and Brazil of today is anything but "magic". Dirty Tricks is a better description of their strategy at this WC. They've completely gone off the scale with hard, dirty fouls, and the twelfth member of their team aka Referinho has seen to it that they progress through the stages.

Well... I did coach many years... and still longingly look back to Clockwork Orange...

The foundation is still machine and magic; that is deep seeded backbone to their styles... and in the end is what shows up as a strong basis for their winning. Emotion or not, the german's execute with precision. Nobody does it better at times.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this