BaguaKicksAss

Seeking positive, alternative, off grid community

yeah.... winter survival is something i really need to learn, if i cant get involved in an off-grid community... -_- i have my hopes, but my outlook is not so great... :\ i dunno. people tend to make it sound like no big deal:

" "just" find some people and join their community" is about as simple as "just" establish a colony on Pluto... :\ no matter how great my access to the tools that simplify my task, they are of no use to me if i dont know how to use them.

Its never easy. Some of these communities are quite wary of new faces trying to blend in. Strange, but true.

yeah.... winter survival is something i really need to learn, if i cant get involved in an off-grid community... -_- i have my hopes, but my outlook is not so great... :\ i dunno. people tend to make it sound like no big deal:

" "just" find some people and join their community" is about as simple as "just" establish a colony on Pluto... :\ no matter how great my access to the tools that simplify my task, they are of no use to me if i dont know how to use them.

Generally opportunities like that evolve from a community which you are already part of, join some local communities which prefer such ways of life (J would likely know where some are, ask B to ask him maybe). Also there are online communities for anything and everything... as you found this forum, there are also forums for alternative living and communities. Hell you can even start with people who are into communes, but stating it is close but not quite your thing, can you folks please guide me to resources where I might find what I am after...

• Like 1

thats a pretty neat web page... looks like it ought to have a few tips if i ever had my own land to cultivate lol but getting into europe wouldnt be on my list of "in this lifetime"... hahaha okay that sounded mean - i meant in terms of financial capacity... heh

Edit: Besides, i love the pacific northwest so much, i dont want to leave lol

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

thats a pretty neat web page... looks like it ought to have a few tips if i ever had my own land to cultivate lol but getting into europe wouldnt be on my list of "in this lifetime"... hahaha okay that sounded mean - i meant in terms of financial capacity... heh

I think that organic farms set up has vacancies worldwide not just in UK.

I have seen USA jobs on there before now.

Thing is, most of that work is seasonal.

• Like 1

This is why you could contact them and ask if they can help you find similar in the USA :>.

well my 3 hours today is up, so i will have to look at it more closely tomorrow for about 5 hours... :\ which isnt possible but i'll make better use of my 3 now that i have a bit of direction.

Thanks a ton n_n

maybe something can come of this yet n_~

• Like 2

that one's got a lot of places listed for WA... i wonder how many are *real* lol...

The one in orcas island appeals by location, but then it says its in montana, and they're looking for atlantis, i guess? heh... we'll see what i can find :) Thanks! :D

• Like 1

Here's some folks with similar viewpoints; they wrote a song about it :). Perhaps the other thread would have been more appropriate for it, but ah well...

Hmmm, canadians can immigrate to AU no problem ;).

Darn, busy the next 2 years...

Not to mention fitting in living on an island ... somewhere in there ;)

• Like 1

Yes! Such environments have been known to amplify one's inner world in profound ways, especially at the initial entry phase. We see our goodness with much more clarity, at the same time, our neurotic tendencies will smack us in the face too. And there is no place to hide, no carpets to sweep things under. Everything is stark! This is ok if we take the responsibility and own whatever comes up. If we can do this, we grow. Problem is, any form of rejection of one place in favour of another is usually an indication that there will be a struggle later on, in the new environment, when it comes to being honest with our reasons for desiring a change of scenery. This makes adaptation more challenging.

May I print this and put it on the community noticeboard here?

Also it might help some understand why, when new people try these old games, us old ones just laugh at them .... the old games dont work as well under this type of pressure ... 'you can fool some of the people ... '

• Like 1

Around here, we call it "mountain time" -- city folk find it frustrating...

;)

Of course, when I lived on the beach, we called it "beach time" and the city folk still found it frustrating!

'Valley time' here.

people, please. its not society that is cancerous. this society in the USA, yes, but by and large, it is civility itself, regardless of which society.

An uncivilized (tribal hunter/gatherer) society is not cancerous.

i think im just splitting hairs to a degree, but the specification is necessary:

I am seeking a society which is anti-cancerous in regards to the planet and its inhabitants. im looking for a "white blood cell society" as opposed to the toxic, virus, and cancer societies that civility has to offer.

Yeah, I get it ... if one wanted to drop out of society and not a particular society then one would not be seeking a social or communal situation.

The prob was (here anyway) that people were doing exactly that ... or assumed they were ...

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Bart says he cant read lips (when he tries) ... when asked why he said he could he answers; "Well .... I assumed I could."

People assume they are just somehow automatically capable of lots of things; relationships, bringing up children, living in o peace with one another ... not being cancerous ... because it sounds like a good idea.

This community was founded on such unfounded assumptions, hence the resultant shit . EG. all agreed decisions would be consensus. I agreed and suggested a training programme (as I worked with the Baha's previously for a few years, who have the same ideal, but know they have to work, study, adapt, meditate and pray to achieve this) ... of course, no one wanted to. they just assumed it would happen :rolleyes: ... like a lot of stuff. Walk in the gate and somehow, all your conditions and crap will evaporate ... its a NEW AGE miracle !

:rolleyes: God help my patience ! :blush:

• Like 4

Being part of a community like this has always been a dream of mine... But it doesn't look like I'll make it happen in this lifetime. The worst part is, I know my wife would actually enjoy it, but she'd never let go of the system unless it let go of her first.

Slightly envious :P:wub:

I've met a lot of homeless people. There tend to be two types. Those who are empowered by the situation (no 9-5 job YES, all this free time and can travel too!), and those who are empowered by it. Since it is such an extreme way of living than what we are used to , these 2 attitudes in thinking and being can really make an extreme difference in level of life enjoyment. More so than those living a regular comfortable life. Some of us have the ability to have negative thoughts and they only create small ripples for ourselves; but those who are living free of it all as you are, don't have this luxury so much, your thoughts and actions make larger ripples for yourself and your inner being.

You can either take this wonderful learning and growing opportunely and make something of it, some change, some spiritual growth, and increase in your Bagua abilities (not like it isn't going to suck sometimes, but still), or you can use it to not change at all, stay the same, and not make use of this profound experience. Yes I know easier said than done when you wake up saoked and cold from the pouring rain and have to walk a couple of miles for breakfast, but hey no worse than some folks in india, tibet, napal, etc. have endured ;).

I have met many folks who just travel around with their tent (or lackthereof) and just live the adventure that is life.

I know really easy for me to say all this from my warm house and having had vietnemese takeout last night, however I can assure you that I have been through just as difficult times in my life, though vastly different than your specifics, just as challenging. Feel free to ask Brian about this... Fortunately I was able to stay driven and positive through most of it (though anytime I would get a bit pessimistic or feel sorry for myself, would always be the time that I finally got a night in the hospital, but next to someone who was dead within the week (or hour in some cases), due to something twice as painful as what I was dealing with.... that always put things back into perspective).

Hm, now that I think about it, if it wasn't for taxpayers and my free medical I would have been dead at least 20 times over by now ;). Full time jewelry school for $2.50 per hour of instruction and use of their tools ($3000 per year for full time), is a neato benefit too. Though I do agree the system overall is severalty fucked up I'm not going to pass up the good bits of it.