manitou

Gods created out of Fear

Unintentionally?

Perhaps "unwittingly" works better?

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Hi Dawg,

I think the road map of consciousness is way more complex than just consciousness and sub consciousness.

Here is a very interesting map, one which includes superconsciousness.

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/books/merging-with-siva/merging-with-siva.pdf

In particular you could read the chapters starting with "The Conscious Mind".

Gurudeva seems to have explored the stratum of consciousness and has realized the levels by the types of effects and experiences that one has.

Tibetan Ice,

Please excuse me for being bluntly honest, but there is no such thing as a “super conscious mind”… what the site is describing is just the little fleeting glimpses of awakening that meditators get as they reach higher and higher attainment… the “super conscious mind” is just a current “buzz word” implying some or all of the traits of the enlightened mind…

I read the “promotion”… and 3 chapters (the “conscious mind”, the “subconscious mind”, and the “super conscious mind”… I was not impressed… in my humble opinion it is just a lot of nice sounding glib key words, and overly complex vague concepts… reasonably priced at $59.95… beware of anyone that is selling consciousness, they are just another commercial mundane business… you probably know as much or more than they do…

But what really turned me off the most was that the whole thrust of the site was “merging your mind with “Shiva’s mind”, which is a dead end and would eliminate any possibility of reaching enlightenment… where would you go when you died…? Shiva is just a hillbilly god, he is NOT ENLIGHTENED, nor is he anywhere close to being enlightened… and when he dies (all the gods were born, and will die), his next reincarnation destination will be in hell…

By definition, there is only the conscious mind and the subconscious mind… whatever we are aware of is our conscious mind which is our 7th chakra, whatever we are not aware of is our subconscious mind which is our 6th chakra, (which controls the 5 lower chakras, and is our third eye) … but it is not that simple, because 95 percent of the content of our conscious mind is coming from our subconscious mind… and when we die and go to the spirit world, our subconscious mind will become our conscious mind…

Only the fully awakened mind could be called the “super conscious mind”, because only the fully awakened mind understands (is conscious of) the awesome simplicity of "the truth of our existence"…

Dawg

Edited by dawg

Only the fully awakened mind could be called the “super conscious mind”, because only the fully awakened mind understands (is conscious of) the awesome simplicity of "the truth of our existence"...

Dawg

If one were to try and pin down the Truth of our Existence, what would it be to you, Dawg?

Here's my (current) understanding of the Truth of our Existence:

- That all manifestation, including us, is a big hologram of time and space intersecting.

- That the Tao is in the state of reverting. To what? To the One.

- That history and future and present are one and the same, and it's only the linear layout of our two dimensional thinking (one word after the other) that makes it appear as if it is a long string of time.

Dawg,

Do you have found someone who has the same type of enlightenment moment and outcome as you(from book or real life etc)?

edit: deleted other questions..

Edited by allinone

(one word after the other)

I would like to hear you try to say all the words of a sentence or concept at the same time

Tibetan Ice,

Please excuse me for being bluntly honest, but there is no such thing as a super conscious mind what the site is describing is just the little fleeting glimpses of awakening that meditators get as they reach higher and higher attainment the super conscious mind is just a current buzz word implying some or all of the traits of the enlightened mind

I read the promotion and 3 chapters (the conscious mind, the subconscious mind, and the super conscious mind I was not impressed in my humble opinion it is just a lot of nice sounding glib key words, and overly complex vague concepts reasonably priced at $59.95 beware of anyone that is selling consciousness, they are just another commercial mundane business you probably know as much or more than they do

But what really turned me off the most was that the whole thrust of the site was merging your mind with Shivas mind, which is a dead end and would eliminate any possibility of reaching enlightenment where would you go when you died? Shiva is just a hillbilly god, he is NOT ENLIGHTENED, nor is he anywhere close to being enlightened and when he dies (all the gods were born, and will die), his next reincarnation destination will be in hell

By definition, there is only the conscious mind and the subconscious mind whatever we are aware of is our conscious mind which is our 7th chakra, whatever we are not aware of is our subconscious mind which is our 6th chakra, (which controls the 5 lower chakras, and is our third eye) but it is not that simple, because 95 percent of the content of our conscious mind is coming from our subconscious mind and when we die and go to the spirit world, our subconscious mind will become our conscious mind

Only the fully awakened mind could be called the super conscious mind, because only the fully awakened mind understands (is conscious of) the awesome simplicity of "the truth of our existence"

Dawg

Dawg,

To be honest, that book is one of my favorite books because it demonstrates knowledge of all the other teachings, Buddhism included, and relates that in words that are understandable.

Also, all the ebooks are free and easily downloadable from their website.

Have you never been superconsciousness? I was once reciting the Bhuta Shudi mantra during one meditation session and I was very focused and putting allot of effort into the mental recitation. This mantra is over 100 words long and is pronounced in Sanskrit. It took me three days to learn it, with the aid of a recording. Anyway, all of a sudden I broke through to an altered state or something and I could recite the mantra super fast, like greased lightening. It was so easy and I was so amazed. It was like I could intuit it and then watch it all occur at 10 or 20 times the normal speed. And, I could see the words in crystal clear vision as they whizzed by. I would call that a form or taste of superconsciousness.

Anyway. No matter. I was going to ask you... You said that when you die you can meet all your dead relatives. But then, you said that we reincarnate. Although I have my own experiences, I would like to ask you, if a dead relative reincarnated, would they no longer be able to meet you in the afterlife? How does that work?

:)

"That the Tao is in the state of reverting. To what? To the One." by Manitou

I hope you don't mind my reply below to your question?

Tao is moving so fast (this only my attempted analogy) that it is standing still everywhere at once, kind of like the water flowing in a creek if looked at in a certain way is standing still. Also as stated in the TTC. Tao gave birth to "The One", thus it does not revert to the One, but only to Itself which it never really left. (at anytime or anywhere) To know of the One really takes two in oneness, whereas only the Tao knows the Tao.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

THE SIMPLE TRUTH OF OUR EXISTENCE

The story in the Bible of “Adam” and “Eve” in the “Garden of Eden” is grossly misunderstood… the Garden of Eden was not a “place”, it was an enlightened innocent “state of mind”… the Adams and Eves had no concept of “good” or “evil” (so had no attachment to “like” and “dislike”), and everything just was, simple cause and effect… they made no value judgments so had no “intentions”… but once they ate the fruit from the “tree of knowledge of good and evil , their state of mind became deluded and dissatisfied… the Eden in their mind was corrupted and no longer existed… they were not driven out of the Garden of Eden by some wrathful god, because the garden of Eden was not a geographical location… “original sin” was simply the knowledge of good and evil which allowed them to make “value judgments”, which created more and more delusion, making them more and more dissatisfied and unhappy… and because each generation teaches their children what is good, and what is bad, “original sin” (dissatisfaction and unhappiness) was, and is passed down from generation to generation… the “wrathful god” punishing Adam and Eve for their “original sin”, was just one more product of men and women’s delusion, which was added to the story later to explain why all the later men and women were so dissatisfied and unhappy…

Delusion is duality… you can’t have “good” without “evil”… you can’t have “happy” without “sad”… you can’t have “love” without “hate”… you can’t have “like” without “dislike”… you can’t have “rich” without “poor”… you can’t have “smart” without “stupid”… you can’t have “beautiful” without “ugly”… you can’t have “fat” without “skinny”… and so on… each defines the other…

When you meditate, and successfully reach awakening, you have gotten rid of “original sin” (good and evil) and all duality… you do so by walking the “middle path” between “good” and “evil”, as described by the Buddha… you realize that “good” and “evil” are just cultural value judgments that our culture has “conditioned” us with… you realize that “good and evil” are what generates our “delusion”, and that it is what generates all of our dissatisfaction and suffering… so that you realize that until you awaken that you must be totally neutral, totally indifferent, and walk right down the middle between good and evil… and have no good intentions, and no bad intentions, so that you cling to nothing, until delusion (duality of mundane reality) shatters and is destroyed… so that you no longer have delusion and make karma… so that you realize that the only “reality”, is that there is no “reality”… "reality" is a human invention... there is no "natural" reality... you realize that everything “just is”… that any “reality” is delusion… that nothing is real except “cause” and “effect”… “cause” is “intention”… “effect” is “karma”…

Your attitude towards any “reality” should be like your attitude towards a screwdriver… think of your attitude towards a “screwdriver”… if you need to drive a screw, a screwdriver is a handy tool… but then you put it away and forget about it, you don’t cling to the screwdriver and carry it around with you for the rest of your life… is a screwdriver “good” or “bad”…? Neither, a screwdriver “just is”, it is neutral… what about fire, is fire good or bad ?... if you stick your hand in a fire, it will burn you… does that make fire bad ?... you can cook your food or warm yourself with fire, does that make fire good ?... no, it is just the nature of fire… fire “just is”… everything “just is”… and everything that happens to you, you have caused, by having “intention” and creating “karma”…

And when you get rid of delusion (surprise, surprise) you have returned to the “Garden of Eden”… welcome home…

Dawg

Edited by dawg
  • Like 2

Dwag, you have revealed yourself as not knowing jack, thanks.

You are welcome,

I don't know James, Annie, Sam, or Kelly either !

Metta,

Dawg

Dawg,

To be honest, that book is one of my favorite books because it demonstrates knowledge of all the other teachings, Buddhism included, and relates that in words that are understandable.

Also, all the ebooks are free and easily downloadable from their website.

Have you never been superconsciousness? I was once reciting the Bhuta Shudi mantra during one meditation session and I was very focused and putting allot of effort into the mental recitation. This mantra is over 100 words long and is pronounced in Sanskrit. It took me three days to learn it, with the aid of a recording. Anyway, all of a sudden I broke through to an altered state or something and I could recite the mantra super fast, like greased lightening. It was so easy and I was so amazed. It was like I could intuit it and then watch it all occur at 10 or 20 times the normal speed. And, I could see the words in crystal clear vision as they whizzed by. I would call that a form or taste of superconsciousness.

Anyway. No matter. I was going to ask you... You said that when you die you can meet all your dead relatives. But then, you said that we reincarnate. Although I have my own experiences, I would like to ask you, if a dead relative reincarnated, would they no longer be able to meet you in the afterlife? How does that work?

:)

Tibetan Ice,

Sorry, but I was very critical of the site because I don't think it would ever lead you or anyone else to awakening... which was the only thing that I was interested in... and it seems to be geared to reaching a Brahmin realm, which is very comfortable but full of delusion, and is a dead end realm...

What you call "super consciousness", I would call "knowing"... it is a function of the subconscious mind, the subconscious mind is plugged into everything via telepathy... I started experiencing it before I reached awakening... when I would try to understand something really complex, and in a flash I would understand it down to the smallest details... sometimes I would experience telepathy, and hear peoples thoughts... or know something before it happened... before I reached awakening, I was spontaneously experiencing powers of mind and body, and the monk who was my teacher warned me off of them, saying I would never reach awakening if I pursued them... that people who pursue powers have already been seduced by them... so I didn't pursue them, nor did I suppress them... and when I reached awakening I became totally indifferent to them... whatever happens, happens...

Regarding communicating with dead relatives and friends... very, very few people reincarnate quickly... so that family that you have known personally are likely to still be in the spirit world... and you are still telepathically connected to them... and they can come to you in an instant... but any relative that has reincarnated, is no longer that person who was your relative, and their memory of you is buried in a past life in the subconscious mind of a stranger...

Dawg

• Like 1

If one were to try and pin down the Truth of our Existence, what would it be to you, Dawg?

Here's my (current) understanding of the Truth of our Existence:

- That all manifestation, including us, is a big hologram of time and space intersecting.

- That the Tao is in the state of reverting. To what? To the One.

- That history and future and present are one and the same, and it's only the linear layout of our two dimensional thinking (one word after the other) that makes it appear as if it is a long string of time.

I've thought about this before too. The Tao is represented by the One, this could be reality on a 2d scale...That reality gets stretched out as yang pulls away from yin, inducing 3d spacetime, because 3d space is created in the middle of the stretch and time is necessary to allow for movement within the space. Put your hands together and think of the fine space between them as 2d reality... When you pull them apart and create 3d space between your hands, this is our dimension.

That's just some thought play ...I prefer to think of the universe as a cell or organ. Why is inflation speeding up? Because it's growing just as everything else.. Not merely powered by the force of an explosion that would have finite expansion. The universe is a star factory and those stars are it's main source of energy and way of function. Also in regards to dark matter, man has mapped it and many assume it's a mysterious substance. I believe that the dark matter is just simply not there...like a bubble or air trapped in water...sure from inside the 3d object it appears to be a mass that we can't see, but from outside the bubble it's just a pocket of space within another dimension. So let's say we live in a giant brain, that forms life within, that grows a brain, that contains a universe that contains more life, and so on.

Anywaayyyyy... Haha I try not to go too deep with these thoughts anymore. If anything good comes of trying to understand it, it's that we can say reality repeats the same designs, so to understand reality we need look no further than ourselves. We are the avatars of Tao. Fun stuff :P

Dwag, you have revealed yourself as not knowing jack, thanks.

I know Jack. He drives a 1955 rag-top T-bird.

• Haha 1

Anywaayyyyy... Haha I try not to go too deep with these thoughts anymore. If anything good comes of trying to understand it, it's that we can say reality repeats the same designs, so to understand reality we need look no further than ourselves. We are the avatars of Tao. Fun stuff :P

Yep. That's both the pleasure and the pain of trying to go deeper than our brains are capable of going. The more we break something down into its component parts the less we have of its true essence.

• Like 1

I know Jack. He drives a 1955 rag-top T-bird.

and I bet his gas tank is not really "empty" although it probably has some space in it...

Edited by 3bob

I would like to hear you try to say all the words of a sentence or concept at the same time

Only in meditation is time transcended. Can't be done with thought or words.

• Like 1

"That the Tao is in the state of reverting. To what? To the One." by Manitou

I hope you don't mind my reply below to your question?

Tao is moving so fast (this only my attempted analogy) that it is standing still everywhere at once, kind of like the water flowing in a creek if looked at in a certain way is standing still. Also as stated in the TTC. Tao gave birth to "The One", thus it does not revert to the One, but only to Itself which it never really left. (at anytime or anywhere) To know of the One really takes two in oneness, whereas only the Tao knows the Tao.

Does it not seem that everything is becoming One? That the internet is causing the world to be more One than it ever has? That language barriers are breaking down because we can communicate with the interpreter on our twitter-boxes and everyone can understand each other?

That the countries are becoming One, sooner or later, led by things by the IMF (regardless of how anyone feels about that organization!), and strange political alignments due to sectarian considerations.

That people like us, all over the world, are reaching up and trying to merge our consciousness with the One consciousness that we know is there, but can't see, describe, or touch?

I make my statements about time and space out of personal discovery - nothing scientific at all. Internal Aha's! - so of course I could be wrong. But the process of self-discovery, self-realization, does produce some answers. Only they're answers that can't be effectively communicated to another human being because the words just won't come together.

There is no 'time' unless you're looking at a watch.

• Thanks 1

Only in meditation is time transcended. Can't be done with thought or words.

Good response. (Good cop-out too. Hehehe.)

Does it not seem that everything is becoming One?

No. Consider all the wars going on at this moment. Many more prior to electricity. Look at all the genocide going on in Africa and the Middle East. Watch a teenager kill a number of his/her fellow students with an assult rifle. I see more hatred and polarizing than I see peoples of the world coming together.