Horus

Immortality & Crossing Over Question

No, that is what the rattan cane is for, silly. spank.gif

...needs a 90 degrees turn. :ninja:

Edited by Dorian Black

We are all immortal at different degrees but like water the spirit can be frozen / mortal or liquid / immortal this state of being can change with a single thought, immortal one minute and mortal the next.

There is no where to go so no crossing issues and your spouse is already immortal so no worries there.

If we remember where we came from we see we never left. No inside or outside only mind projects that type separation.

• Like 2

No matter what you said, you do not have the option to come and go in and out of "the light"; even you're a celestial immortal.

So, would you say that an immortal (after the physical body dies) still needs to cultivate to remain immortal?

Celestial Immortality is the highest level of immortality.

It means that you fuse all your parts into one unified energy being...even your material body.

Yes, Celestial Immortality means to finally convert the matter of your body into pure energy.

That's what "daylight ascension to heaven" means: Such people simply "vanish" and only nails and hair remain.

Such a being can come and go into this dimension as he/she wants.

Thanks Dorian Black.

What school does this info come from/do you study?

• Like 1

We are all immortal at different degrees but like water the spirit can be frozen / mortal or liquid / immortal this state of being can change with a single thought, immortal one minute and mortal the next.

There is no where to go so no crossing issues and your spouse is already immortal so no worries there.

If we remember where we came from we see we never left. No inside or outside only mind projects that type separation.

You're a very cooling and calming presence Wu Ming Jen, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

The trouble with immortality is that you have to merge with the Tao to get it. And it's precisely the part of myself that resists merging with the Tao that wants immortality.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

The trouble with immortality is that you have to merge with the Tao to get it. And it's precisely the part of myself that resists merging with the Tao that wants immortality.

Liminal

Great post liminal!

Make your troubles the cherished coal waiting for transmutation into gold.

"And it's precisely the part of myself that resists merging with the Tao that wants immortality."

See it like a space shuttle booster rocket. It's that drive that gets you there, but it then has to be allowed to fall away, offering no resistance, allowing for the blossom to take place. Attachment of non-attachment.

• Like 1

Thanks Dorian Black.

What school does this info come from/do you study?

Daylight Ascension / Celestial Immortality / Rainbow Body / Atomic Body is the highest goal in several Taoist, Tibetan Buddhist & Bön traditions.

It's always the same: The material body dissolves into pure energy, only hair & nails remain.

If you are interested in achieving that goal, then I would research "the six yogas of Naropa" system, especially Tummo, the base practice in that system.

Tibet's most famous yogin Milarepa achieved the highest Buddhahood in only one lifetime by allegedly practicing Tummo only.

• Like 1

Daylight Ascension / Celestial Immortality / Rainbow Body / Atomic Body is the highest goal in several Taoist, Tibetan Buddhist & Bön traditions.

It's always the same: The material body dissolves into pure energy, only hair & nails remain.

If you are interested in achieving that goal, then I would research "the six yogas of Naropa" system, especially Tummo, the base practice in that system.

Tibet's most famous yogin Milarepa achieved the highest Buddhahood in only one lifetime by allegedly practicing Tummo only.

Thanks!

I have the Bliss Of Inner Fire text, though have not started on it yet. Is this all there is to Tummo, or are there higher formulas beyond that text?

• Like 1

Thanks!

My pleasure.

Milarepa was unable to train in so called "higher" practices due to very bad karma accumulated in a lifetime as a bandit.

So he began with Tummo to burn up all of his bad karma.

He stuck to Tummo and it paid off.

I have the Bliss Of Inner Fire text, though have not started on it yet. Is this all there is to Tummo, or are there higher formulas beyond that text?

All there is to Tummo....concerning the completeness of the exercise description, I suspect it is all there is.

But...I would advise to do the Tummo meditation with a grounded perineum. The book tells you at some point that you also have to suck in external energy through your skin. So...I strongly doubt that the energy you have to bring up to tantien adresses only your internal apana...

...and you can be sure that the Tummo Aces who achieve high levels in sitting Tummo meditation in caves in the Himalaya have their perineum grounded.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Also, because Tummo most likely is as demanding for the tantien as Mo Pai training,

I would also advice to stick 100% to the "72 hours no training rule" after an ejaculation!

I would not risk to get serious and then f*ck up every chance for advancement by rupturing my tantien.

• Like 1

Also, because Tummo most likely is as demanding for the tantien as Mo Pai training,

I would also advice to stick 100% to the "72 hours no training rule" after an ejaculation!

I would not risk to get serious and then f*ck up every chance for advancement by rupturing my tantien.

Thanks! Are you a Mo Pai student?

• Like 1

Thanks! Are you a Mo Pai student?

No, because in the west, only levels 1 & 2a are known.

Sticking to Tummo on the other hand seems promising to me to achieve a very high level with one simple exercise (it's simple once you mastered it). And if you think you need additional "higher" exercises from the six yogas of Naropa, you can research it and you have a real chance to find legit information from a tibetan lama.

• Like 2

How would anyone know?

Great question.

Immortal lineages with connections to ancestry may have passed down knowledge developed over thousands of years, some Immortals still interact with humans, intuition, past-life memories, a little birdy might tell you?

• Like 1

Thanks Chi Dragon, but no that is not what I meant.

Let's reframe the scenario:

Let's say I practiced Taoist Nei Gong. I achieved immortality (spiritual).

Upon physical death I either wasn't visited by the light to take me/cross over / or The light came and I didn't need to cross over (and didn't need to wander the earth feeding to stay here - ie not a lost soul). I'm spiritually immortal.

So, depending on my level of immortality - for the rest of my spouses tenure I would do what ever (leave it at that it's not my point).

When my spouse "dies" the light comes for her and she crosses with family into the light.

As an immortal - do I still have that option to cross over with her?

That's all I'm asking (at this stage).

Ha...hmmm..actually, you would have seen this light long before your death, when your chi channels are open...when you are circulating the microcosmic orbit. If you are an accomplished cultivator, you will ascend to one of the heavenly realms, similar to the Buddhist cosmology, I believe. You would still subject to the law of karma and reincarnation but you don't have to be immediately to be reborn. Obviously, your spouse must be able to advance in her cultivation. Otherwise, she would be subjected to the law of karma and would be reborn immediately....based on her merits and her cultivation accomplishment or the lack of.

Edited by ChiForce

Great question.

Immortal lineages with connections to ancestry may have passed down knowledge developed over thousands of years, some Immortals still interact with humans, intuition, past-life memories, a little birdy might tell you?

The question wasn't meant to be answered. This is just word of mouth being passed down for "x" amount of years. What people say changes after telling 1 person. Now imagine thousand of years.

If you are alive now; live.

When death comes; it will come.

• Like 2

The question wasn't meant to be answered. This is just word of mouth being passed down for "x" amount of years. What people say changes after telling 1 person. Now imagine thousand of years.

If you are alive now; live.

When death comes; it will come.

If it was answered than it was meant to be answered.

If it was answered than it was meant to be answered.

It was a question in which you decided to answer it. That does not mean the question was answered. :)

• Like 1

Not to beat an immortal pony, but Max says that by combining Kunlun with Red Phoenix, the two main practices in his system, practitioners can achieve the rainbow body. Whether this is true or not, I couldn't tell ya but thought I'd throw it out there.

Liminal

• Like 1

It was a question in which you decided to answer it. That does not mean the question was answered. :)

The question WAS answered, but that does not mean it was the correct answer; either way if I decided to answer it, then it was meant to be answered. You cannot separate yourself or your questions (rhetorical or otherwise) from co-creation.

Take a look at Descartes concept of the "death of the author".

Your question is immortal once you ask it. Infact it was immortal before you even poised it - it has always been even if you'd never poised it.

Nothing was meant for anything but the experience of it, and that experience my friend we are creating together :)