Horus

Immortality & Crossing Over Question

Thanks Chi Dragon, but no that is not what I meant.

Let's reframe the scenario:

Let's say I practiced Taoist Nei Gong. I achieved immortality (spiritual).

Upon physical death I either wasn't visited by the light to take me/cross over / or The light came and I didn't need to cross over (and didn't need to wander the earth feeding to stay here - ie not a lost soul). I'm spiritually immortal.

When my spouse "dies" the light comes for her and she crosses with family into the light.

As an immortal - do I still have that option to cross over with her?

That's all I'm asking (at this stage).

Okay, let me rephrase. According to the Taoist mythology, when you become a spiritually immortal, you are no longer the husband of your wife nor related to anyone. You are a free soul. That is the purpose for being an immortal. The answer is still no.

• Like 4

That's the thing.

Your "average" people- uninitiated, think the light is jesus god etc

and they take the bait

not that its bad per see, only that they do not have the vehicle to accelerate past this light

the light is the path that some seek, so of course they would go that way

if you read the tibetan book of the dead or egyptian book of the dead- these people have a whole story to tell

of course the later book is a ritual book, astral body of light / LUX

I don't want to follow the crowd as the majority is usually wrong IMO

Hey if they play their cards right, and that's their thing, being a messenger of one's favorite Deity might be exactly what they want :).

• Like 2

Okay, let me rephrase. According to the Taoist mythology, when you become a spiritually immortal, you are no longer the husband of your wife nor related to anyone. You are a free soul. That is the purpose for being an immortal. The answer is still no.

Immortal is the sum of all lives, lived

maybe at one time, husband and wife were enemies

which life will be the existing one to go on forever? the last one? it is not linear.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

After that it's all semantics and theory

how long is a piece of string?

All myth, not theory.

which life will the one to go on forever? the last one? it is not linear.

One may be from another life but still deals with each life at a time.

Edited by ChiDragon

Hey if they play their cards right, and that's their thing, being a messenger of one's favorite Deity might be exactly what they want :).

messenger = angelos/angel

so yes :D

• Like 1

Why do I doubt one would start out as a Deity? I figure you'd start a bit lower on the food chain and work up ;).

ok, nice point. The same is true with physical incarnation, so "as above, so below". (ie highly evolved souls incarnate with greater degrees of what others seek to cultivate.)

• Like 1

Ok, then let me rephrase too:

Let's remove the spouse part.

If you are a free soul, it would follow that you still have the option to go into the light again - celestial or spiritual immortal would still have that option -right? You may not have the option to come back again and remain mortal (unless you're a celestial immortal) - but you could still "forego" your immortality and cross over into the light (hamster wheel or not)?

iv heard that a human can rise higher than

---~~~Id insert an image if i knew how!

Edited by MooNiNite

ok, nice point. The same is true with physical incarnation, so "as above, so below". (ie highly evolved souls incarnate with greater degrees of what others seek to cultivate.)

Neat :).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

After that it's all semantics and theory

how long is a piece of string?

Do you mean "Can anyone define it more tangibly in terms of degrees or milestones?" is a question of semantics and theory?

Maybe to mortals it is...but there is the way of it, none the less.

Ok, then let me rephrase too:

Let's remove the spouse part.

If you are a free soul, it would follow that you still have the option to go into the light again - celestial or spiritual immortal would still have that option -right? You may not have the option to come back again and remain mortal (unless you're a celestial immortal) - but you could still "forego" your immortality and cross over into the light (hamster wheel or not)?

An immortal process is irreversible because your body is dead. Your soul cannot return to a dead body. Sorry, your answer is still no.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Do you mean "Can anyone define it more tangibly in terms of degrees or milestones?" is a question of semantics and theory?

Maybe to mortals it is...but there is the way of it, none the less.

its not like your asking an important question or anything. haha

• Like 1

An immortal process is irreversible because your is dead. Your soul cannot return to a dead body. Sorry, your answer is still no.

There's a myriad of places between here and there though... Also many stories of immortals or other spirits being physical on this plane....

• Like 2

An immortal process is irreversible because your body is dead. Your soul cannot return to a dead body. Sorry, your answer is still no.

I didn't say return to a body Chi Dragon.

I said return into the light - ie cross over.

its not like your asking an important question or anything. haha

if it wasn't important to me I would not ask it.

• Like 1

Some folks say that when we get all further along the path and such (which sounds sort of celestial immortal like to me) that the part of us we think of as "ourselves" melts away; we are left with (or perhaps enhanced with) our spirit, or soul (these words are used so differently in different traditions that I lost track); also most seem to say that we lose our memory of said "self". Being too busy connected with the Dao and such for earthly worries and desires could be a very real possibility. One which perhaps could also include another person (since we would hypothetically be beyond the concept of separation - according to many teachings) would take a lot of pre-planning and work perhaps?

I hope that makes sense; I think even I lost track halfway through ;).

• Like 2

Immortal is the sum of all lives, lived

maybe at one time, husband and wife were enemies

which life will be the existing one to go on forever? the last one? it is not linear.

Judge not that enemies are any less beneficial than lovers. They serve merely to bring the lessons required.

But, I'm not talking about the physical relationship going on forever.

None the less, it could be said that spirit are "together" in the light - and that beings meet each other to cross over and they do "stay" "together" as such in the light (immortal or not).

• Like 1

Some folks say that when we get all further along the path and such (which sounds sort of celestial immortal like to me) that the part of us we think of as "ourselves" melts away; we are left with (or perhaps enhanced with) our spirit, or soul (these words are used so differently in different traditions that I lost track); also most seem to say that we lose our memory of said "self". Being too busy connected with the Dao and such for earthly worries and desires could be a very real possibility. One which perhaps could also include another person (since we would hypothetically be beyond the concept of separation - according to many teachings) would take a lot of pre-planning and work perhaps?

Thanks again. I agree with this. With the exception that a celestial immortal would remember all of their earthly experience, and all of their other incarnations (allowing that there would also be levels of celestial immortality).

• Like 1

Hey BKA- being that we both probably studied at about the same time periods- I'm older though lol

But, have you ever read the Seth books from Jane Roberts?

• Like 1

I didn't say return to a body Chi Dragon.

I said return into the light - ie cross over.

"You may not have the option to come back again and remain mortal (unless you're a celestial immortal)"

What did you mean by that....???

• Like 1

No, I thought we are talking about immortals....!!!

Perhaps SonOfTheGods will share all of his Mo Pai levels so we can confirm that they were not a lie? :D

(insert the sound of crickets chirping)

• Like 1

"You may not have the option to come back again and remain mortal (unless you're a celestial immortal)"

What did you mean by that....???

Sorry typo - "You may not have the option to come back again and remain Immortal (unless you're a celestial immortal)"

meaning that if you chose to go and cross over once immortal you couldn't revert to immortality again - unless you're a celestial immortal (giving you the option to come and go in and out of "the light".