TheExaltedRonin

In light of my mod squad attack and argument on the Taoism Board,

I have absolutely no idea what this argument is about, or if you're innocent or not. I'm just saying that laughing at people getting irritated, without the slightest regard, and refering to mods as essentially bullies, might not be the best of tactics. I've tried to see if the mods are up to no good at this forum, and so far I've not seen any misconduct. Again, I might be mistaken. I'm just saying "Let's not go completely nuts here, okay?".

I didn't have you down as a the voice of reason but there you are.

• Like 2

Time to play guess the previously banned member? :D

Go on give us a clue.

• Like 2

I didn't have you down as a the voice of reason but there you are.

I know. I surprised myself too, seeing that I've recently been in TERs shoes somewhat. Sometimes we get all worked up until we burst, and then we say stupid arrogant things like "Moahaha, I don't have to face any sort of consequences!". I hoped that it would be just a temporary suspension, because maybe he just needed to calm down, but as it seems they found out that he was previously banned, I don't know. I think I missed all his hurtful posts, because I just saw him as just another guy.

I know. I surprised myself too, seeing that I've recently been in TERs shoes somewhat. Sometimes we get all worked up until we burst, and then we say stupid arrogant things like "Moahaha, I don't have to face any sort of consequences!". I hoped that it would be just a temporary suspension, because maybe he just needed to calm down, but as it seems they found out that he was previously banned, I don't know. I think I missed all his hurtful posts, because I just saw him as just another guy.

Nah, just the same posting style, didn't find out anything (yet). He just can't post for a few days now while the mods figure out what to do.

Nah, just the same posting style, didn't find out anything (yet). He just can't post for a few days now while the mods figure out what to do.

You thought I was this "erss" for awhile too, so comparing IPs is a more reliable method.

You thought I was this "erss" for awhile too, so comparing IPs is a more reliable method.

You only use one IP and ISP which is good. Exalted uses 4 diff ISPs and MANY IPs! Not many people come to the forums knowing all the lingo and how to use them; trolling for the first few threads is also suspicious. PS IP is useless sometimes.

• Like 1

~~~ admin statement ~~~

After reading TheExaltedRonin's thread TBH, this site is quite useless in taoist forms, and various of his posts elsewhere, my comment is this:
Decide to contribute positive quality to this forum
or move on to elsewhere.

That's my single warning in this matter. I don't have patience for further. (And, this is independent and in addition to whatever the mod team decides to do.) I'm moving to more of a general position of policy to more efficiently clear out those who post negatively in this forum, to make a safer kinder space for those that want to share in an open eclectic atmosphere.

- Trunk

~~~ /admin out ~~~

• Like 12

You only use one IP and ISP which is good. Exalted uses 4 diff ISPs and MANY IPs! Not many people come to the forums knowing all the lingo and how to use them; trolling for the first few threads is also suspicious. PS IP is useless sometimes.

4 different service providers??? :o Imagine if he *wasn't* just using proxies: That would have been a pretty rich dude...

4 different service providers??? :o Imagine if he *wasn't* just using proxies: That would have been a pretty rich dude...

In 4 different locations....

The private jet would be a bit spendy ;).

I recommend something.

I have always been fought, attacked, degraded and more for following the original texts.

When I was Muslim, when I was zen, when I was a Mahayana Buddhist, and now a taoist.

So, let me if I got this figured out.

• First, you alienated yourself from the Muslims
  • Next, you alienated yourself from the Zen group
  • After that, you alienated yourself from the more traditional Buddhists
  • And now, you're working at alienating yourself from the 'Taoists'.

Have you ever heard the one about the man who kept doing the same experiment, expecting to get different results?

When a clear pattern like this emerges, the place to look for the causes is very close, it's at the next mirror.

• Like 2

ok, I intentionally avoided reading through the thread, because I wanted my reply to him to be unfettered. Seems I was just a little too late.

So, let me if I got this figured out.

• First, you alienated yourself from the Muslims
  • Next, you alienated yourself from the Zen group
  • After that, you alienated yourself from the more traditional Buddhists
  • And now, you're working at alienating yourself from the 'Taoists'.

Have you ever heard the one about the man who kept doing the same experiment, expecting to get different results?

When a clear pattern like this emerges, the place to look for the causes is very close, it's at the next mirror.

Aw, come on. Be nice.

• Like 1

I lead a life of fair isolation. I mean I work, have friends and am married but I have no concern with making friends here. I want to learn and evaluate.

You can't get good results trying to learn from people if you don't challenge them. The results won't be the same.

Okay. I don't mind being challenged as long as it is in a half-assed respectful manner. I enjoy sharing my opinions and understandings.

I have about twenty translations of the TTC and four translations of The Chuang Tzu on my hard drive so I can do research really quickly if I have been inspired to do so.

ok, I intentionally avoided reading through the thread, because I wanted my reply to him to be unfettered. Seems I was just a little too late.

Yeah, but sometimes it is an advantage to arrive late.

~~~ admin statement ~~~

After reading TheExaltedRonin's thread TBH, this site is quite useless in taoist forms, and various of his posts elsewhere, my comment is this:Decide to contribute positive quality to this forum

or move on to elsewhere.

That's my single warning in this matter. I don't have patience for further. (And, this is independent and in addition to whatever the mod team decides to do.) I'm moving to more of a general position of policy to more efficiently clear out those who post negatively in this forum, to make a safer kinder space for those that want to share in an open eclectic atmosphere.

- Trunk

~~~ /admin out ~~~

Does this mean there will be a new draft of forum policy coming down the pipe?

My 2 cents, Peace

Four different ISP's.

One at home, one on cell phone, one at work, one at a public free access WiFi point.

I guess that makes sense. ...although we need to keep in mind chinese censorship as well. A lot of chinese people have legitimate reasons for using proxies.

I guess that makes sense. ...although we need to keep in mind chinese censorship as well. A lot of chinese people have legitimate reasons for using proxies.

Also dynamic IPs.

Four different ISP's.

One at home, one on cell phone, one at work, one at a public free access WiFi point.

While traveling to different cities....

That's nice. Don't troll and use a proxy all you want. Troll or break the ToS and you'd better have a legit connection ;).

• Like 1