Sign in to follow this  
3bob

A true and false saying

"Now" and the "One" includes the apparent past and the apparent future, or all time and all space.

(or shall we say the "whole works"?)

• Like 3

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. (Tyler Durden)

It's true because we naturally avoid risks and when we have nothing to lose , it's easier to try new things.

... but it's only when one have huge amounts of money that he can do anything he likes.

• Like 2

This doesn't exactly fit but..."Arizona has dry heat, its not bad".

(besides you can fry your eggs on the sidewalk, unless you're a vegan then its beans)

Edited by 3bob

Lao knew what he was talking about.

But most of us don't know what he is talking about.... :blink:

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

This doesn't exactly fit but..."Arizona has dry heat, its not bad".

Well, since you almost went off topic I will take it the rest of the way.

The last time I was in Arizona the humidity was so low my skin was shedding like that of a snake's. And everything metalic I touched I would get an electrical shock from. I was glad to get back to Florida and its stifling humidity.

But most of us don't know what he is talking.... :blink:

and how would I know that he knew , or didnt know ,, and how would I know ,what it was he was talking about, that I didnt know , especially since it has no "name " and cant be spoken of , if he was speaking of it. :)

and how would I know that he knew , or didnt know ,, and how would I know ,what it was he was talking about, that I didnt know , especially since it has no "name " and cant be spoken of , if he was speaking of it. :)

You know that he knew is because he was the one who wrote the book. If he didn't know, otherwise, he wouldn't have had written the Tao Te Ching. You didn't know what he was talking about is because you cannot/didn't read a codex of the classic or the modern interpretation by the knowledgeable scholars that was written in the native language. Unfortunately, and the saddest part, the modern interpretation was never translated into another language and expose the true meanings of the TTC to the world.

Btw he gave it a name to call it "Tao" was for the convenience of explanation. It cannot be spoken of was because that Tao cannot be described in few words, but it can be explained with many chapters. That was exactly what he had done.

Lao Zi knew about Tao, already, in the first place. Otherwise, the Tao Te Ching wouldn't have been existed.

Edited by ChiDragon

weak , I could wrirlte a book on the moon being made of green cheese, and Id know the words Id written but that doesnt mean that I was right. That which constitutes the stage is beyond our direct knowlege being filtered by our senses. Since he could only rely pn the same ..he also doesnt know the tao itself as it is unfiltered. That should be easily understood by any scholar being honest.

One can speculate or infer , but that is not knowing. Same goes for the comparative conjecture that passes for translation.. One has to get the point ,the gist ..placing a microscope on the choices of wording doesnt mean the point has been found..It just misleads to the conclusion that one has concrete confirmation for the assumptions they leapt to because they have the longest chain of conjectural suppositions.

Snow White exists as a fairy tale, that doesnt mean she really existed. Christianity exists but that doesnt confirm the existance of cherubim likewise the writings of Lao dont prove squat proof has to lie elsewhere.

• Like 1

Stosh.....
Just don't read anything....!!!
My reason is the impression that you've given me that you will not believe anything there is..... :D

• Like 1

I'm not the only one who has taken this thread off topic. Hehehe.

The truth is true only until and if it is not true.

A true and false saying: "you are what you think"

True per the thinking mind, or the mental realm.

False per Spritual reality, which is not 'mind' or of the mental realm.

Do you have other true and false sayings to share?

It is perfectly true, without exception.

Our focus 'is'. When we think.. better example: when we over-think, we are just more in the region of our brain that is responsible for receiving and handling thoughts. So when we say "you are what you think" then we are more in this part of our mind.

'Keep in mind' that our mind is the universal mind and not the space in our brain responsible for the action I have just described. We do not 'own' the mind, nor does the mind own us.

When we say "you are what you think" then it is clear that everywhere we put our attention on to, our focus, we can become if we do it long enough and thus identify with the part of our perception. Yes, we can even 'become' our thoughts.

Every thought shapes us. Like every other action shapes us.

When we say "you are what you think" then it is clear that everywhere we put our attention on to, our focus, we can become if we do it long enough and thus identify with the part of our perception. Yes, we can even 'become' our thoughts.

But only if we keep out thoughts realistic.

No matter how hard I think I am a butterfly I will never be able to fly.

Maybe you have just never thought hard enough.

I mean, how would you know?

If you believed so thoroughly that you were a butterfly, perhaps the Cosmos would nod its assent, and a butterfly you would be.

Perhaps that's precisely what happened to the butterflies.

To work thy action on the weave,

In faeries thou must now believe.

Not celluloid! No hoax creation!

Real creatures! Of Imagination!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

That all may well be.

Potential is unlimited until it begins to manifest.

Too bad and also a good thing that my arms have already manifested and they are not wings.

But then, there is still the potential that I could manifest some wings just to the rear of my arms and then I could still make typos on this keyboard and levitate when there is nothing I wish to type.

• Like 1

I'm not the only one who has taken this thread off topic. Hehehe.The truth is true only until and if it is not true.
What does that mean ? Its just not true! Have you been talking to whats his name again?
  • Like 1

"'Keep in mind' that our mind is the universal mind and not the space in our brain responsible for the action I have just described. We do not 'own' the mind, nor does the mind own us" by 4bsolute

I would put that differently, for instance: the "universal mind" includes apparent individual minds, yet even universal mind is still mind stuff, thus not the mystery to said mind that Spirit is.

What does that mean ? Its just not true! Have you been talking to whats his name again?

I have no idea what it means. I only do the typing, I claim no responsibility for posting non-logical information.

I would put that differently, for instance: the "universal mind" includes apparent individual minds, yet even universal mind is still mind stuff, thus not the mystery to said mind that Spirit is.

Well, if the universal mind is responsible for my post #38 then all I have to say is that the universal mind is screwed up.

you could give the universal mind the benefit of the doubt until you converse with it... :P

• Like 1

Taomeow is a member of the TTB forum.

Barack Obama is the current president of the USA.

Love is a feeling induced by oxytocin, a neurohypophysial hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland.

Sign in to follow this