awarenessrules

Best Neigong Teachers

The best neigong teachers thread has turned into are these qigong books legit or not thread :(.

well, no, not really - Antartes is making the case that their are in fact bad books and teachers - and he's right! That's perfectly legit, imo.I was careless in posting a link without really considering it's relevance to the OP and he called me on it.

Of course, now the point has been made and things should just move on from here ... we'll see how it develops.

Please tell me some of the best Neigong teachers on the planet?Which one is the best among Gary Clyman,Jerry Alan Johnson,Michael Winn and Mantak Chia? Also kindly mention some good Neigong Books,Dvds and courses.

Peace

Of the teachers you have listed in your original post, I only like one and he is not doing any distance classes so far as I know. He does have a lot of really great books and DVDs though. And he's also doing a couple 3-day neigong seminars in March. Only $1500!

• Like 1

I am not a traveling Fan,I love distance learning.I mentioned these teachers because they also offer distance learning courses.I justed wanted to know your experiences with these teachers since they are the best western teachers.

To be completely honest, distance learning (without some in person training by the same teacher) is more likely to bring a student backwards than forward.

Though I think all the folks on your list do offer in person stuff as well.

Problem is that many in the "most popular" list are also "most likely to cause long term injury". it's just a sad fact of the state of western pop-Taoism.

• Like 2

Kunlun/ Yi gung used to be all the rage around here. Now it looks like they aren't even making the initial list? Where's Cameron when you need him? I say they are still as powerful now as then. Is it neigong? I haven't heard a teacher say so, but my opinion is Yes. If it's distance learning you're after you could simply buy Jenny Lamb's self-healing DVD and be set.

Probably the best thing out there in terms of a neigong practice.

• Like 3

The best neigong teachers thread has turned into are these qigong books legit or not thread :(.

You always see what you want to see. I am not talking of the book but about what is Neikong and Qigong and about definition of Neigong and about dangers coming from commercial sources. This is not first time when you say that it does not matter if something legit or not. It seems to me that many people really do not care about this. If you give them a book they can practice it wothouts any doubts and talk on the forum. But if you post another information about cultivation they might say "ahh stop it, just do it... we do not care". LOL

You always see what you want to see. I am not talking of the book but about what is Neikong and Qigong and about definition of Neigong and about dangers coming from commercial sources. This is not first time when you say that it does not matter if something legit or not. It seems to me that many people really do not care about this. If you give them a book they can practice it wothouts any doubts and talk on the forum. But if you post another information about cultivation they might say "ahh stop it, just do it... we do not care". LOL

I have never said it does not matter if something is legit or not (in any thread). I do not appreciate you creating lies about what I have said (not the first time, excuse me?) All I said is that qigong is off topic for this thread.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you're replying to here. I said there was nothing dangerous at the workshops (which were introductory, first level) I attended. If you think focusing on the LDT, standing, and some slow, thoughtful MCO is dangerous (which is all I mentioned and which made up the bulk of the workshops), then I don't know how to respond. The text you pasted isn't from the person I was writing about.

Of course nothing dangerous should be on any workshop. The quote I posted is from the same system but from another instructor. He changed the name of the system and explain things from different point regarding this system. If you were not sure why posted then? :blink:

I have never said it does not matter if something is legit or not (in any thread). I do not appreciate you creating lies about what I have said (not the first time, excuse me?) All I said is that qigong is off topic for this thread.

This is second time. You even deleted one of my posts where I brought evidence about commercial system and said that it was not so important to know if there was lineage or not. Now you seem unhappy that I talk about importance of authenticity of any other system . Peace to you.

Edited by Antares

Though I think all the folks on your list do offer in person stuff as well.

I don't know about the others but Jerry Alan Johnson was officially 'retired' from teaching last I knew. In fact, it mentions this on the 2014 seminar page:

During the beginning of March 2014, Professor Jerry Alan Johnson will come out of retirement and teach two exciting 3-Day Seminars in Monterey California.

I am not a traveling Fan,I love distance learning.I mentioned these teachers because they also offer distance learning courses.I justed wanted to know your experiences with these teachers since they are the best western teachers.

I agree -- also not a traveling fan. You might want to look into some of the martial arts and yoga studios in your area. You never know what you might find right outside your own back door.

• Like 2

I don't know about the others but Jerry Alan Johnson was officially 'retired' from teaching last I knew. In fact, it mentions this on the 2014 seminar page:

His disciples are still teaching though :) and come highly recommended!

I looked awhile back and JAJ was offering skype sessions, not so sure if those are still up or not.

I agree -- also not a traveling fan. You might want to look into some of the martial arts and yoga studios in your area. You never know what you might find right outside your own back door.

Some of the most amazing teachers around are those no one has heard of and just teach in some local park somewhere... you never know :).

OK off to shovel the walk so I don't keep annoying Antares ;). On a side note Antares, I'll PM you when I get back to ask about the post. Posts are never actually deleted (just hidden), and all deletes are mod team decisions, not ever one mod. Though I think you may have missunderstood my meaning in a couple of posts, as I'm usually more of a stickler of legitimacy than others. (though on the otherhand forum rules state that all members/teachers/etc. have equal say/weight in all things no matter the legitimacy, so you may have been thinking a moderator mention I made when I was mod was a personal opinion or something instead of just board policy).

• Like 1

Re: JAJ "His disciples are still teaching though"...

I HIGHLY recommend J Michael Wood as one of the best concerning JAJ's as well as his own material. Plus he is a great guy!

But as far as I know he doesn't do distance classes.

Am I reading this correctly? $800/hour for private classes? $3000 seminars? Seems a tad... exorbitant. Are those price ranges typical for this kind of teaching?

I've seen anywhere from free to twice that, and all price ranges in between!

Part of it depends on how booked up the person is too I think.

Though, I have seen amazing quality in all price ranges actually.

Am I reading this correctly? $800/hour for private classes? $3000 seminars? Seems a tad... exorbitant. Are those price ranges typical for this kind of teaching?

The thing about this trainings is the individuals that are meant to be taught this esoteric information, I believe that the divine will make a way for them to receive it, And the finances will be made available for them.

The goal of the seminar is not to simple talk about these secret methods – but to truly teach each student how to embody these esoteric clinical practices.

• Like 2

Selling secrets for big money without knowing the student's level of ethics is whoring, selling secrets to the wrong person is a sin ! ! ! So, whoever does it is a sinning whore!

I'm curious, how do you view giving them away for free to the wrong person?

I guess fortunately, the teachers I have had thus far have all gotten to know who I really am, gotten past my barriers, and made me do the work, before giving me anything. When I teach the magic stuff to folks, it is up to the spirits who gets what :).

• Like 2

There are nei gong for all sorts of goals, what is it that you want to achieve with neigong fazlerabbi?

• Like 1

I'm curious, how do you view giving them away for free to the wrong person?

I view that as stupidity. Free or not is another subject, but giving them to the wrong person is just plain wrong. I believe it should be done the traditional way, as you hint at below. First teach them some good solid basics. That way you get to see what kind of person they are and it gives the dropouts time to do their thing. Then, once you know that the person has a good heart then you can start sharing some of the more valuable stuff.

I guess fortunately, the teachers I have had thus far have all gotten to know who I really am, gotten past my barriers, and made me do the work, before giving me anything. When I teach the magic stuff to folks, it is up to the spirits who gets what :).

That's good. In the past I've shared secrets with some flakes. Good thing was, the way I did it, they saw no value on these things so they simply lost them when they flaked off.

Since then I was advised by a local powerful shaman (a Don Juan / Castaneda type of shaman) who told me to never share secrets with a beginner. He had some bad experiences with that himself and learned the hard way.

• Like 2

Also since we can see (actually just a few of us can see it, isn't that right?) that these teachers, who claim to sell secrets, to anyone are unethical, it may be surmised that their secrets are bullshit.

edited for grammar

Edited by Starjumper

I'm curious, how do you view giving them away for free ...

It is my feeling that for someone to receive something of value that they should pay for it. I think charging very high prices is wrong, and doing it for free is wrong. There should be at least some token donation for the student to show they care, plus it makes the student feel better to be helping out, and makes them value the teachings more. Volunteer work from students has the same value as. or more, than cash.

• Like 2

There is a concept called as " to Unify Body and Mind" developed by deceased Aikido Master Koichi Tohei. This is nothing to do with Aikido, do not misunderstand. (Although can be applied to Aikido too) In order to unify body and mind, there are four principles. You may apply one of them at a time to unify your body and mind. This is a very very important concept. After you unify your body and mind, you may do Ki Breath and even Ki Meditation 10-15 minutes per day. It is too lengthy to explain here, so I strongly recommend to purchase following books and read them in the given order as below:

They are very easy to read and apply, and user friendly books. You may purchase used books if you find the new ones expensive.

a- "Ki in Daily Life" (http://www.amazon.co...i/dp/0870404369)

b- http://www.shinichit...hing/index.html

c- http://www.shinshint...lish/index.html

d- http://www.shinshint...renew/book.html

Also books by William Reed

a- "KI: A Practical Guide for Westerners" (http://www.amazon.co...53571071&sr=1-1)
b- "KI --A Road That Anyone Can Walk" (http://www.amazon.co...53571071&sr=1-2)

Four Major Ki Principles:

http://www.northside...n/ki-principles

Detailed Ki Principles:

http://www.northside...1-ki-principles

• Like 1