BaguaKicksAss

Dreams, ambitons, goals?

My dream is to have no fear or desire when I'll die, that would mean that I have done what I had to do, given what I had to and received what I had to. But's that a tough one for me.

Sometimes natural events (and death is one) have a way of taking over themselves ... we are not required to do much at all.

I have been with a few people that have died very peacefully and in ... well joy. I have seen a lot of suffering and fear about it as well, but that is usually before hand and combined with physical suffering. There comes a time when one 'makes peace with death'.

One elderly lady, I remember quiet well. She should have died but she was holding on tenaciously. She looked terrible and was distressed (and giving all the nurses a hard time as well). One night I walked into her room and she was sitting up in bed positively radiant ... beaming, saint-like. She said , "I am ready now ... he came and saw me."

I was a little confused as it was late at night and I knew no one had been there, "Who was that?" I asked.

"You know who." she said.

I came back later and she was sitting propped up in bed, dead ... with a big smile still on her face.

Of course there is more to this ... I have no experience in the field with disaster where there is a 'sweeping death' ... that is probably different. Also with other forms ... which I wont go into.

I know one can make peace with death long before it happens. In my experience it came as a surprise as , due to my practices, I thought that was one of the things I had done ... but who knows when it stares you in the face?

I had a rather bad motorcycle accident on a narrow quite country road, I was lying smashed up on the road near my bike, just around a blind corner ... I knew the corner well, and also knew that if someone came around that corner they would surely run over me ... I thought I had broken my back as I couldn't move, I couldn't get off the road, so I just lay there waiting ... I noticed the distant mountains, the clear blue sky ... a strange thought came into my head "Well ... this IS a nice place to die."

I was very calm and relaxed. Then I realised what I was doing and it really surprised me.

NO car came (obviously) and after a while I got some feeling back ... no broken back just a numbing sprain. I began to move a bit and eventually sort of dragged myself off the road on my belly by my arms and up on to the narrow verge against the paddock fence.

I am not sure how long I was there but a 4x4 comes around the corner, brakes locks up, slides a bit sideways, picks up the bike underneath it and they both slide and crump into the bank :wacko:

Still got the scars to remind me (and they were still spitting out tar particles for 5 years!).

Here is another 'dream'; I hope when I do die it is in the same good spirit and in an equally good place.

• Like 2

Of the times I have been very close to death, there seems to be less fear with each consecutive one at least... :D And actual peace came the last time.

The vultures were circling on the first one; this made me rather uneasy!

It's rather amazing what we live through though isn't it?

• Like 3

cool thread

Edited by skydog

yeh either intuition reshowed this again for a short period

or i just cannot post this feels very wrong glad you like it like yours too

Edited by skydog

"Depression is the inability to construct a future." - Rollo May

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.”

(source: William Gibson)

• Like 5

Of the times I have been very close to death, there seems to be less fear with each consecutive one at least... :D And actual peace came the last time.

The vultures were circling on the first one; this made me rather uneasy!

It's rather amazing what we live through though isn't it?

What matter does it make if you are eaten by the birds from above or the worms from below? You aren't even home anymore at that time.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.”

(source: William Gibson)

Oh, I like this so much I just have to repeat it!

• Like 1

Nice thread! Will read posts in more detail when I have time.

My dream is to be a rock star...always has been haha. Though in recent years, I have also been fortunate enough to work in music/ent and also have an "I just do what I want" type of life. So 50% of the dream has been accomplished.

Or maybe 100% of the dream has been accomplished. Being made a rock star isn't so much in my control, after all

• Like 3

I was recently having some pretty intense thoughts about my True Will, Life Purpose.etc.I have found that my dreams and ambitions change as i change as an individual. I was doing one of those Pavlov Hierarchy list of needs and this is what i came up with from top to bottom.

1. Cultivation

2. Practicing Divination (Tarot)

3. Practicing Martial Arts

4. Pursue a career that involves, compliments or enables me to do the above 3

-In many ways i am already living my dream as i do the above 3 already.i just need to find an occupation once i finish up college that enhances my ability to do them. You're idea about starting a retreat center sounds really cool BKS, give us an update when it comes to fruition. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Interesting thread and good to look back at who I was and am and will be...

My dream as a young boy say 12ish was to be fully enlightened and to have full knowledge of myself and reality and to choose the moment of my death and just leave. I guess I kind of wanted total power/knowledge and no fear.

Had a pretty good crack at it when I was 21 energetically (Bliss, forehead cracked open and had no body just conciousness) but came to a kind of dead end on my knowledge as it was forced and not a balanced holistic experience. I kind of realised I had to get a job take care of myself (rent etc.. ) and enter the system fully or join a spiritual institution which was not for me as I like my freedom of choice.

My ultimate dreams are the same although I have taken detours and gone in other directions seemingly to push back the world which demands so much (so it seems) and changed my understanding of those goals.

These ultimate dreams have become more important than ever now I have young children. As I want to be the best dad I can and that means being honest to my heart and its dreams. If I can give them anything it would be love, wisdom (qi gong / greater conciousness) and understanding (compassion), if I don't cultivate these how can I give them.

Obviously I will also show them to the best of my aility how to navigate the world too.

I have other dreams too but these are for the practicalities of life.

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 2