BaguaKicksAss

Dreams, ambitons, goals?

Hmmm, I guess there are different dreams, the ones we have where we want something... but then also the ones where our higher self wants something, then it is up to us to manifest it.

My HGA most definitely gives a strong push in certain directions. It is definitely counter productive to go against these.

I love this perspective, and it is a good reminder :) thank you.

Youre welcome ! ( heck Im as bad as anyone might be regarding discipline myself - very sloppy about the wu wei)

:)

• Like 1

I guess it is only fair that I post mine :). I didn't want to do it in the first post, or the thread would be more about BKA's dreams than other people sharing....

Basically I did a vision quest about 12 years ago, and was told my life purpose. Then I performed the Abramelin operation and united with my HGA, and was REMINDED (lol!) of my life purpose, and also given a lot more detail. I have always tried to work towards this. My HGA likes to kick my but in that direction when I slack.

I always have to be careful to balance the wanting the dreams expressed through my true will, versus getting too wuwei and doing nothing (I can fall into that if not careful) and no moving forward. I did ask the powers that be for a vacation one year, and I did get a year off of continual growth, advancement, improvement and etc. It was actually kind of nice ;).

Basically for dreams, my spiritual/magical path is, and has always been my number 1 priority. For example I tend to rent 2 bedroom apartments so I have a practice room. Or just figure it out another way if I don't have the extra spac. It has always been giving top priority though.

Then there is my martial arts, this comes a close second :). I am very fortunate to be training in the way I asked for/most desired, and with the system which is by far the best match for me.

So my dreams for the future are to follow my true will, which involves teaching, as well as reminding others of their true self. This has always come in many different and surprising ways, often in ways that I would never have guessed would lead to the above lol.

My long-term and still current dream is to lead retreats to accomplish the above. However it has not quite manifested in that way yet (though it has been confirmed twice that this is the eventual goal).

There's also that dream to teach Bagua, but I will just see if that is in my cards in the future or not. Well OK I already teach it, but I mean fully and properly teaching it.

I would also like to travel more :).

To me our dreams are what our heart and higher self call us to do. Wants are more what our mind thinks hey this wold be fun.

• Like 5

Go ahead!

Yes, there are differences between realistic, attainable dreams and unrealistic, unattainable dreams.

I don't chase dreams. I have chased goals.

I consider dreaming to be in about the same category as praying. Sometimes we have to get up off our behind and do some work if we want something.

Wu wei is great but we should also know how to duck. Hard telling what will be thrown at us next.

• Like 1

I put the candles away :).

Good you put them away to be available for better use.

In that other thread where you talked about an island I was going to say that I would lend you the money to buy it but we don't know each other well enough yet. Hehehe. But I didn't because I don't have that kind of money and wouldn't be able to get access to it via any financial institution.

Sure, some people win the lottery. Good for them. I hope they find the happiness they were looking for that inspired them to buy a ticket.

Unrealistic dreams? Sure. There are such things. Dreaming of flying without artifical means would be one. Now wait - yes, we can fly with our mind, but that is different. We can dream we are a butterfly. Yep. Chuang Tzu. But he woke up. Sure, he even wondered about it after waking. But I'm sure at some point he had to stop wondering and become Chuang Tzu again else he would not have been able to write his book.

• Like 1

Good you put them away to be available for better use.

In that other thread where you talked about an island I was going to say that I would lend you the money to buy it but we don't know each other well enough yet. Hehehe. But I didn't because I don't have that kind of money and wouldn't be able to get access to it via any financial institution.

Sure, some people win the lottery. Good for them. I hope they find the happiness they were looking for that inspired them to buy a ticket.

Unrealistic dreams? Sure. There are such things. Dreaming of flying without artifical means would be one. Now wait - yes, we can fly with our mind, but that is different. We can dream we are a butterfly. Yep. Chuang Tzu. But he woke up. Sure, he even wondered about it after waking. But I'm sure at some point he had to stop wondering and become Chuang Tzu again else he would not have been able to write his book.

With the island, like so many other things which appear to take winning a lotter to obtain, I have found that sometimes they come about in other ways, which is always pretty awesome :).

On that note, I feel really bad for my friends who keep buying lottery tickets who honestly feel it is a realistic way out of their present job/situation :(.

I do not feel that flying without machinery is unrealistic. If one wants to spend a lifetime on certain practices, I see no reason why this would not be possible. OK perhaps not daily or whatever, but once in a blue moon...

Dreams? :) I find being content with what I have better and slowly improving from there.

• Like 2

I do not feel that flying without machinery is unrealistic. If one wants to spend a lifetime on certain practices, I see no reason why this would not be possible. OK perhaps not daily or whatever, but once in a blue moon...

Gliding, yes. That is realistic. But still with artificial support. My wings don't flap. Wings? Where's my wings? I must have misplaced them again.

Yes, there are differences between realistic, attainable dreams and unrealistic, unattainable dreams.

I don't chase dreams. I have chased goals.

Goals , dreams ,, the only solid difference I see is spelling.. both motivators based on things that have no corporal aspect .

Do as you want though.

I consider dreaming to be in about the same category as praying. Sometimes we have to get up off our behind and do some work if we want something.

Its the 'wanting something' they suggest we back away from.

Wu wei is great but we should also know how to duck. Hard telling what will be thrown at us next.

Dont trust it, eh ?

I personally dont trust in Holy guardian angels.

The dark side is powerful, Master Kenobi, is it not?

Such 'ducking' is supposed to be its strong suit! no place rhino's horns can find -etc ..

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Hehehe. Nice response Stosh.

No, I can't back away from wanting something. That would cause too much inner conflict. But I will get it honestly without intentionally harming anyone in the process.

Yeah, I am aware of some of the things you don't trust just by our conversations here on this board. Trust is too often a double edged sword.

I don't recall from where my usage of "learn how to duck" came from but I have been using the term for a very long time now.

Well Sir, I don't think generating internal conflict is that which is being promoted either..quite the contrary, I would agree.

Lets say BKA goes ahead and does the island sitting or buying. Maybe she has been seeing this perhaps as really ideal..ok , then what happens , the dream is made true, you can call it a goal met, and she doesn't have to chase other dreams until she gets bored. If she made peace with whatever she is doing currently she wouldn't need to sit on an island and when she got bored she could hop on a bus and go to the zoo. The island situation would just enforce a limitation on herself. Her possibilities would dwindle down to eating pooping washing and staring at water for the most part, which she could probably do in an apartment in San Diego. On the island she had better come to a satisfied state fast and stay there.

Yeah I'm not a trusting person , nor do I find anybody being trusting of me , although I don't think I have ever been unreliable. I either don't commit or , come hell or high water, I am on it.

Actually for me personally ,a quiet island in the middle of nowhere and a few amenities would suit me just fine, as you already know , (I am just not all that social of a creature by nature)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

I discern between two types of dreams -- the "I want" dreams and the "I command" dreams.

"I want" dreams are dreamed up by my ordinary waking mind. They originate in my heart shen.

"I command" dreams are dreamed by my dream-body, my greater shen and my ling, originate in my yin zhi and are acted upon by my dream-body's yang zhi.

The wants of my ordinary mind are largely ignored by the dream-body. It has its own dreams. Some of them shock me when they come true, but I can never disown them even though I know that "consciously" I didn't dream of that.

I seldom dare relegate an "I want" dream to my "I command" machinery, because I don't have full control of that and full understanding of its goals and methods. Once I threw a fishing line into the ocean fishing for some sea bass and a killer whale took the bait instead. I still don't know what to do with it. Can't pull it out, can't let it go. So who's caught whom is the question.

When they say "be careful what you wish for," pay attention.

• Like 5

I dreamed last night I was a vulture making my way to a launch site the cut through the trees. Starting to run to gain speed , and after just two steps I gently lifted off.

But I doubt that is the dreams BKA was referring to, Tm just reminded me of it.

• Like 2

It would seem to me- as a thought one could have ....

that entertaining dreams is just peachy, and pursuing dreams is worthwhile ,

rewarding -ummm ,, and though I am not saying whether thats all true or not ,,

it doesnt sound much like living in the present moment ,

nor does it sound much like wei wu wei,

nor does it sound like the shrugging off of attachments and judgements.

It sounds more like the conventional mindset which one would entertain

in contradiction to the tao of Lao. IMO

but by all means , do and dream as you see fit because the person who

lives your life and the only proper judge of it would be you.

Hmmm ... When I have moments of being absolutely in the present moment the last thing I want to do is muse about other people and start thinking about if they are in the present moment or not ... like I am not in the present moment now ... well, I was THEN but I am not now again ... damn!

Hang on ... I am thinking about wether you are in the moment because you think other people may not be in the present moment and that has drawn me out of that moment ... which I was in just then ... but it passed into another moment which I plane to be in soon so ....

• Like 2

I like to fly to an Island at night and watch the animals up close. I like to stalk them. You have any idea how interesting they are? I have written tons of books about it, but they're all in my dreams.
  • Like 1

Go ahead! All Im saying is -that in my opinion- the dudes pointed in another direction, long term,

I never said you had to go there.

If you care to point to the parts that say you should continue to entertain dreams

and be dissatisfied with where you are, or what you do ,

or how much better things would all be IF...

It would represent an entirely different philosophy ( as I see it)

I dont think wu wei etc is supposed to a perspective one would be trying to get a rest from

if one was getting it right, serious about it , etc..

Im thinking such dreams are precisely what they were warning

actually brought sadness and dissatisfaction in the end.

Ive never seen anythiing to dispute that, but there may be a paragraph that says 'skip it all' on sundays.

Maybe read between the lines and not just on the surface ???

Didn't I say somewhere that people don't believe that I have actually found happiness and satisfaction with my life? Maybe not.

It doesn't matter, this a gift for me, not them , and I am going to accept it - bogglebear !

I'm not talking about a fleeting satisfaction or a situational one or one that disappears when sickness, pain and 'misfortune' abound ... it is a simple state of just being that because you are alive and in existence and even possibly looking very near death straight in the face with no problems or false assurances or beliefs in an after life or absolute non-existence for all I know... and the feeling / state / rewiring / stasis / is still there.

A lot of that was 'dreaming' ( also relates to 'dreamtime' ) (plus yeaaars of other and eclectic practice, but here we could also have a cultural misunderstanding as well ... plus I realise my 'sense of humour' isn't for everyone.

But then again I really don't expect anyone else get it so ... <shrug>

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Gliding, yes. That is realistic. But still with artificial support. My wings don't flap. Wings? Where's my wings? I must have misplaced them again.

Welll ... I just might prove ALL of you wrong ... it might just be the last thing I do ( I never said which direction I wanted to 'fly' ... it might be straight down ) .

• Like 1

Well Sir, I don't think generating internal conflict is that which is being promoted either..quite the contrary, I would agree.

Lets say BKA goes ahead and does the island sitting or buying. Maybe she has been seeing this perhaps as really ideal..ok , then what happens , the dream is made true, you can call it a goal met, and she doesn't have to chase other dreams until she gets bored. If she made peace with whatever she is doing currently she wouldn't need to sit on an island and when she got bored she could hop on a bus and go to the zoo. The island situation would just enforce a limitation on herself. Her possibilities would dwindle down to eating pooping washing and staring at water for the most part, which she could probably do in an apartment in San Diego. On the island she had better come to a satisfied state fast and stay there.

Yeah I'm not a trusting person , nor do I find anybody being trusting of me , although I don't think I have ever been unreliable. I either don't commit or , come hell or high water, I am on it.

Actually for me personally ,a quiet island in the middle of nowhere and a few amenities would suit me just fine, as you already know , (I am just not all that social of a creature by nature)

Wow dude! That is one big piece of psychological projection (look it up, wiki has a good page on it) and assumption about someone else's .... everything ... how on earth did you get 'insight' like that. I mean how do you know what she might do want dream become or find out there I mean .... sheesh! :wacko: .... <walks off mumbling >

• Like 1

I dreamed last night I was a vulture making my way to a launch site the cut through the trees. Starting to run to gain speed , and after just two steps I gently lifted off. But I doubt that is the dreams BKA was referring to, Tm just reminded me of it.

So now you dream of flying - well good luck to you, I hope it felt good. I miss my very vivid childhood flying dreams . I also believe some simple / psychological dreams can hold messages, morph, represent other things processes and developments.

The "Dreamtime" is a place, where amongst other things, metamorphosis of and development of forms take place .... the archetypal world is flexible in this realm .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

This may have been covered before, I am not sure. But I'm curious what a forum full of cultivators has for dreams? By this I mean, the ultimate life and situation each of us wish to live in while we are here. I call it dreams, meaning not to limit to things we only think that are possible.

I find that we tend to limit ourselves quite often, and not even talk about our dreams, because we think they are not possible, or that we don't deserve them, or etc.

I have seen and found that nearly everything is possible given enough time. However with many things, a compromise is often needed. For example, many people say to become a millionaire. However unless you have a rich family, this sort of thing is going to require many overtime hours at work, perhaps many years of higher education, and perhaps also a LOT of schmoozing and socializing with the sort of crowd who makes this sort of money, to have good contacts, to get a foot in the door for the very well paying jobs. Most things we really want take work from all I have seen, so it depends a lot on where we put our efforts and thoughts.

So without limiting things to what you believe are limitations, what would you say your dreams for this lifetime are?

If I could have anything in the world, it would be some absolute guarantee I would never reincarnate again.

I would rather exist as an immortal spirit to continue meditation and training if possible.

Also winning the lottery, having my own harem, growing all my own healthy food, having time to do what I wanted, hiring professional debaters to debate with people on ttb instead for me, being 100% off grid in some super remote location, reaching total enlightenment and understanding all the mechanics and workings of the cosmos, those might be pretty cool too.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Yes ... I suppose so as I am still in awe ... its probably good to be in awe of ones life.

I love this feeling :). In awe is a good way to describe it sometimes.

On speculation I guess its like initiation ... or being led into the mythic ... as things that were great also happened that I never dreamed of ... in retrospect , if I had known I would have dreamed and hoped to do them as well. Sometimes, with the mythic world, we strive for it, we follow something (like a magic deer) and end up somewhere fantastic, we just stumble upon it ( the magic forest clearing, the abandoned overgrown castle, or fall down a 'rabbit hole'; all different ways.

Universe surprises, hell yeah :). A nice side affect of magical practice I feel.

Yep that was dream too - martial arts ... although too lazy for the 'be like Bruce Lee' dream ( ahah I found a false dream ! To dream to be like another ... agree? )

Martial arts is an awesome dream, that we are still dreaming :).

seriously ... I am happy ... and content , many people think I am bullshitting about that.

I am usually content, and when I'm not it's just me being whiny for a bit lololol.

I must confess I don't make a very good Buddhist ... that suffering and sorrow stuff ... the' trance of Binah' IMO ... its fine .. all PART of it... but one can go further

It not only makes sense its relevant to me ... but hey! I'm 'retired' (been retired since 1975 ;) )

Retired as in don't work a regular job for someone else, got it ;).

Yep .. that's it !

I don't even know what a PFF is :blink: seriously ... I can be blindingly dumb in some areas. is it some personal profile page here ? an internet facebookey thing (in which I refuse to co-operate or tweeter or whatever ... and while ya at it keep that goddamn blue toothey thing away from me ... consarn it ! )

Personal practice forum her on TTBs! Where I write all the fun stuff heh: http://thetaobums.com/forum/246-baguakicksass/ Quite a few members have one.

Now I am off to search for magic carpets

I'd say to ask King Solomon about that one...

Go ahead! All Im saying is -that in my opinion- the dudes pointed in another direction, long term,

I never said you had to go there.

If you care to point to the parts that say you should continue to entertain dreams

and be dissatisfied with where you are, or what you do ,

or how much better things would all be IF...

It would represent an entirely different philosophy ( as I see it)

I dont think wu wei etc is supposed to a perspective one would be trying to get a rest from

if one was getting it right, serious about it , etc..

Im thinking such dreams are precisely what they were warning

actually brought sadness and dissatisfaction in the end.

Ive never seen anythiing to dispute that, but there may be a paragraph that says 'skip it all' on sundays.

I personally prefer loving where I am now, but also having dreams of where else I want to go or what else I want to try while I'm here :).

Though tbh, my dreams are more HGA (higher source) directed if I stfu and listen :>.

Not as many trees surrounding an apartment in a city, so more enjoyable on an island :). I find that I enjoy different things at different times in my life, and find them useful for what I'm doing. For example seriously perusing martial arts and learning jewelry making at a higher level, go very well with being in the city currently. However leading retreats for other people goes better with the island thing. (of course if the island were not to come to be, no problem there are other good locations with many trees and much water). In general though, folks tend to live where they most enjoy.

Also with the island, it's a very short paddle over to the larger island if for some odd reason I need to grab a cappuccino (I don't drink coffee was a joke).

I have found that things seem to change less when I get bored of them, but more when opportunities arise. Some more interesting than others of course.

I discern between two types of dreams -- the "I want" dreams and the "I command" dreams.

"I want" dreams are dreamed up by my ordinary waking mind. They originate in my heart shen.

"I command" dreams are dreamed by my dream-body, my greater shen and my ling, originate in my yin zhi and are acted upon by my dream-body's yang zhi.

The wants of my ordinary mind are largely ignored by the dream-body. It has its own dreams. Some of them shock me when they come true, but I can never disown them even though I know that "consciously" I didn't dream of that.

I seldom dare relegate an "I want" dream to my "I command" machinery, because I don't have full control of that and full understanding of its goals and methods. Once I threw a fishing line into the ocean fishing for some sea bass and a killer whale took the bait instead. I still don't know what to do with it. Can't pull it out, can't let it go. So who's caught whom is the question.

When they say "be careful what you wish for," pay attention.

You put into words so well what happens with each of us :). Something I had not found words for....

• Like 1