1. 1. Prefered place to stay for the 4 days

• 2 star hotel
    • 3-4 star hotel
    • Rented house or 2, we all go in on it, price per bedroom
    • Camping!
    • Screw y'all I' sleeping on the beach for free
    • The youth hostel group private room @30 pp
    • Youth hostel dorm @30 pp

Oh, we got a 2nd vote for "screw y'all I'm sleeping on the beach for free". K I'm curious now who picked that one? :)

If it was summer, I might be tempted! So many good sleeping on a beach for free memories! Though there usually was a bonfire involved as well...

• Like 1

i like monterey cuz you can hit TWO Ferraris just going to Safeway (mine and hoozits) hahaha!!

It's a straight shot for me ('cept for the li'l jog between Bakersfield and Paso Robles), but a bit far (especially for coming off the Rockies during Winter).

Have fun, bums et bumettes!!❤❤

You live in the Rockies, pretty! Please tell me April isn't winter for you still; well unless you like snow of course ;).

You'll just have to to join us during the skype session, or see the photos after :>.

I was the second sleeping on the beach. I'll bring my sleeping bag and a can of mace. As long as the stray pit bulls don't maul me in my sleep, I'm not worried.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

I was the second sleeping on the beach. I'll bring my sleeping bag and a can of mace. As long as the stray pit bulls don't maul me in my sleep, I'm not worried.

Aaron

Ha awesome, you make the beach sound kinda fun! *checks the weather for April at night*. Though if cash is tight and that is why you would do beach camping, PM me, we have a fund going for anyone who can't afford hotel/room/somewhere with heat.

Sooooo does this mean I can add you into the RSVP list? :)

In the other thread it was brought up that the 11th isn't all that auspicious (to put it mildly apparently). I'm curious how many folks are up for starting on the 10th instead? I think starting on the 12th wouldn't work for anyone with a regular m-f job.. Just checking everyone's availability on this...

Taomeow (in the other thread) wrote:

Your attention please.

April 11th, 2014, is a San Niang day. Inauspicious for all new beginnings, nothing started on one of these days will ever go smoothly. Predictably, it was chosen (of all the days that could have been chosen instead) because these days tend to act as traps, actually lining things up so that one of them is chosen for a new beginning. Not so much "lining up" as creating a bump in the road, a stumbling block, so whoever is walking the road of time pauses there. Or if it's not a bump, it's a dent, a pit in the fabric of time into which things being planned tend to slide under their own weight. But whether you have to climb over a bump or out of a pit, the flow is briefly interrupted and if it was the beginning of something new, it will be out of sync for the duration of its existence.
I suggest changing the date to a more auspicious one. I don't have the almanac for 2014 yet to find the absolute best dates, but at the very least to avoid a San Niang beginning is crucial.

*There are 6 San Niang days in every lunar month, but in my experience they are a bit longer than 24 hours, and start in the second half of the day before, usually around the moonrise.

• Like 1

Brrr, too bad we didn't plan this for Dec or Jan ;).

So what you guys think of starting on thurs instead of fri for a far far more auspicious time-frame?

• Like 1

My vote should only count for so much, since I'm not 100% yet, but if I can make it, a day or so change here and there won't bother me at all.

• Like 2

Ok, in case folks are not following the discussion here, I have resurrected the meet-up through discussion with Bagua and it's now Seattle for the 12th (I suppose), three nights?

Ha ha, I am completely open to suggestion, being the good subject that I am ("you are getting very sleepy..."), so fire away. As you might read on the other thread, though, BKA can't make Monterey this spring, so it looks like the Seattle part at least is essential.

A quick glance revealed the Green Tortoise Hostel at about $37 a night for a room shared with three other people, or for the distaff bums, could be a room shared with three other women (female only). Why would I want to do that, you ask (the hostel, not the room)- because they are at Pike's Marketplace:

http://www.greentortoise.net/

I believe there would be other accomodations available nearby, although best I could find for hotel was about $100 a night (Executive Hotel Pacific, 1/3rd mile away).

Cheers!

Edited by Mark Foote

$37 per night to share a room with 3 other people? What a complete ripoff! Seriously! I have friends in Seattle, I will ask them for suggestions.

• Like 1