1. 1. Prefered place to stay for the 4 days

• 2 star hotel
    • 3-4 star hotel
    • Rented house or 2, we all go in on it, price per bedroom
    • Camping!
    • Screw y'all I' sleeping on the beach for free
    • The youth hostel group private room @30 pp
    • Youth hostel dorm @30 pp

If there is anyone who would really like to attend this, but cannot afford it, if you could please PM me.... I would like to figure out how many people this might be, and see what we can all do. I can even keep it private about who might need some extra help, as not everyone is willing to admit in public that they need this sort of help.

• Like 2

Maybe it would be good to have a sort of informal seminar of our own - a loosely arranged topical meeting/discussion each day at a particular time and place. Something pertinent, how Daoism can be applied to something. Or maybe those of us with particular skills or talents can be a speaker for a short time. Lots of possibilities. I'd be willing to talk about Science of Mind healing and triangulation of the malady or condition. Maybe someone else bagua, I ching, artistry, etc.

• Like 2

Most definitely! :)

There were a couple of offers on page one for teaching some stuff as well. I really like that idea.

I could talk about Bagua, though I'm still very new to it (3 years now) to it. Perhaps discuss circle walking :wub:

• Like 1

Another fun thing to think about is music. I can easily bring my Native American flutes and a rattle or two. Anyone else do anything small? I'm assuming the string bass is out (never sure if it's bass or base). Please no one post a picture of a fish.

• Like 2

Music would be AWESOME! :)

I have some rattles, that is about it.

Hopefully the folks who are driving to it will have some more variety.

• Like 2

I have rattles, bells, flutes, a kalimba, an erhu, and a shamanic drum. I will do a divination before taking the drum through TSA though. It has a temper...

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

I like seeing so many women connecting in this thread. You gals are tempting me!

Please do, RV! I would so love to see you again! And I can't wait to meet you, Taomeow. Isn't an ehru an animal, and will we need to feed it?

• Like 1

I have rattles, bells, flutes, a kalimba, an erhu, and a shamanic drum. I will do a divination before taking the drum through TSA though. It has a temper...

This is sounding more fun by the minute! :)

• Like 1

This is sounding more fun by the minute! :)

It is. Please don't hesitate to put me to work assisting in the arrangements. Looks like you are doing it remotely too.

• Like 1

I'm going to setup something so we can talk more exact specifics... soon within the next couple of weeks :).

Thank you for offering to help. Yes remote, unless I get down there before then... my trips to Monterey depend on my budget, which is sometimes sort of random lol.

If we can acquire a massage table, I could do Medical QiGong treatments by trade :). There always has to be some trade I am told, so I like to stick with that.

....Wont have to do my own dinner dishes all week.... lololol.

Well that and the warm sunny beaches and the best mexican food in north america, and half price chinese massage down the street should have everyone so relaxed and happy that there is no trolling, hehehehe.

I'm sure Monterey, CA is very nice. Never been but I'm pretty sure it does NOT have the best mexican food in north america--that would be right down here in, ummm, Mexico. We've got ya covered in the warm sunny beach department too. Sadly, I can't promise any Chinese massage no matter how much you might be willing to pay. But if ya want some tacos with your tai chi, some succulent birria with your bagua...then look me up.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

I'm sure Monterey, CA is very nice. Never been but I'm pretty sure it does NOT have the best mexican food in north america--that would be right down here in, ummm, Mexico. We've got ya covered in the warm sunny beach department too. Sadly, I can't promise any Chinese massage no matter how much you might be willing to pay. But if ya want some tacos with your tai chi, some succulent birria with your bagua...then look me up.

Liminal

Mexico is in South America (and of course has better Mexican food), Monterey is only the best in North America :D

I'd soooooo be up for a TTBs Meetup in Mexico sometime! Which part of Mexico do you live in?

And even more importantly, there are lengua tacos there right? :wub:

I have been to Peurto Vallarta (was fortunate enough to stay with some locals instead of some lame european styled overpriced hotel), Guadalajara, and a bunch of little small towns in between. Loved it!

Hi BaguaKicksAss,

I'm in Mexico city at the moment but about to move. Likely going to Zacatecas, Zacatecas or else La Paz in Baja. Haven't been everywhere by any means, but I've yet to come across a town without lengua tacos... so if ya wanna do a "Bums in Baja" meetup sometime you'll likely be in luck.

Liminal

• Like 1

Hi BaguaKicksAss,

I'm in Mexico city at the moment but about to move. Likely going to Zacatecas, Zacatecas or else La Paz in Baja. Haven't been everywhere by any means, but I've yet to come across a town without lengua tacos... so if ya wanna do a "Bums in Baja" meetup sometime you'll likely be in luck.

Liminal

Bums in Baja, oh hell yeah! :)

Keep this up and we could get a bums world tour...

Oh the airfare to Mexico has gone up since I last went... carpool anyone?

It would be fun, to do a Mexico one in January or Feb of 2015 if anyone is interested! (cold here then). Maybe after we get the Monterey one rolling... you can start setting up and proposing a Baja one...

UK would also be cool for folks over there...

• Like 2

Mexico is in South America (and of course has better Mexican food), Monterey is only the best in North America :D

I'd soooooo be up for a TTBs Meetup in Mexico sometime! Which part of Mexico do you live in?

And even more importantly, there are lengua tacos there right? :wub:

I have been to Peurto Vallarta (was fortunate enough to stay with some locals instead of some lame european styled overpriced hotel), Guadalajara, and a bunch of little small towns in between. Loved it!

Did Mexico move south while I was napping?

• Like 2

There was a chance I was going to have my bass with me if I make it down there...but it doesn't really fit in my vehicle. I mean it fits, but then nothing else does.

I could have a hand drum or two. I'd definitely have a banjo or two. I have maracas that I guess I'd have to bring...

I wouldn't have too much to offer in the way of teaching people stuff, but I'd sure enjoy spending some time with this kind of group.

• Like 3

Bagua - I'm going to google 'Monterey retreat' and see what pops up. Maybe there's some really cool place with bungalows or something that is available for this type of thing. Have you checked around yet on any particular types of accommodations?

I head down 2-3x per year, so I have definitely looked at many options, not bungalows though, that would be fun! The catch with Monterey is that it can get quite pricey depending where you stay. Nothing over $50-$60 per night for me though please! (Btw, I'm going to setup somewhere private to discuss the exact *where* aspect ) Either on this site or off... )

Personally I'm limited to bus transportation as I don't drive (and don't like spending $40 per day on car rental) so would definitely like at least one location accessible to all the good stuff :>.

Just be careful during searches to get actual Monterey and not one of the less desirable nearby places (salinos for eg) as they also come up listed under Monterey...

OMG. Asilomar! Do check that out if you haven't done so! I have a query in to them. They have conference rooms and gorgeous rooms all in the same location - it's a retreat location. Senior rate on lowest price room is $152, but if that could be split it would make it quite affordable. The grounds and retreat look beautiful. Multi options on rooms and sleeping arrangements. It's actually a Science of Mind center (my cup of tea!) but apparently they rent to any group.

Yikes, way above my budget for a shared room... The $50-$60 mentioned, I mean for a shared room... (or all by myself hehe)

Perhaps 2 locations :).

Going to look at it now.