Sign in to follow this  
ssmith7

Magnetism or Electricity

Then why aren't they differentiated, when en masse verse not, why should we call the phenomena electrical in both instances? Especially considering they act completely different.

In broad terms, we use "electrical" when we are talking about huge numbers of electrons behaving in statistically predictable terms and we use the word "electronic" when we are talking about the behavior of small numbers of electrons. Talking about an individual electron, though, cannot be done in classical terms because it is not really even a particle...

• Like 1

I'd like to think that CD & I have only language issues...

Yes, it is only language issues alright; but the language between theoretical physics and practical engineering rather than English or Chinese.

Ok cool, thanks for the help.

In broad terms, we use "electrical" when we are talking about huge numbers of electrons behaving in statistically predictable terms and we use the word "electronic" when we are talking about the behavior of small numbers of electrons. Talking about an individual electron, though, cannot be done in classical terms because it is not really even a particle...

Yeah, I guess it acts as if it is a wave. It was Bohm that described it wasn't it?

Edited by Dagon

Yes, it is only language issues alright; but the language between theoretical physics and practical engineering rather than English or Chinese.

That's a delusion, CD. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you an "out" but you refuse to take it. You repeatedly demonstrate that you have not even a superficial understanding of electricity & magnetism and I honestly question whether you have actually read these engineering textbooks of which you speak. You clearly aren't an electrical engineer, though. I continue to post in response because you give lots of incorrect information in these threads. I simply don't want people to think you know what you are talking about and take your comments as meaningful.

I am truly sorry if this seems harsh.

Would any mod who's listening please consider locking this thread?

lol. Same here!

I took one electronics course for networking, so I could troubleshoot bad resistors/components.

Edited by Dagon

That's a delusion, CD. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you an "out" but you refuse to take it. You repeatedly demonstrate that you have not even a superficial understanding of electricity & magnetism and I honestly question whether you have actually read these engineering textbooks of which you speak. You clearly aren't an electrical engineer, though. I continue to post in response because you give lots of incorrect information in these threads. I simply don't want people to think you know what you are talking about and take your comments as meaningful.

I am truly sorry if this seems harsh.

Would any mod who's listening please consider locking this thread?

I would like to say the same to you. I am a retired electrical engineering now. I thought I was one anyway. Since you had mentioned that I'm not, then I really don't know what I am. It is not important now. I had BSed my way through my profession and earned an honest living. Good thing I am retired now. I can do more BS if I want and who cares about me now........ :P

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Neurons fire only when the brain sends a signal to do a particular thing. Foe example, when you want to move a finger or contract a muscle, signals will be sent to those areas to fire up the neurons.

I mean you can tell which area might fire, but you don't know which one is going to fire and where it will connect. You get a big circle and say it is somewhere in here.

I mean you can tell which area might fire, but you don't know which one is going to fire and where it will connect. You get a big circle and say it is somewhere in here.

I guess that is why they call it the natural instinct. There is no need for you to know which might delay your action.

Edited by ChiDragon

The idea I get is that the idea of electricity inside a human body has changed alot in a few decades. Ofcourse the chemistry was understood to involve electric forces but beyond that it was kind of a gray area.

I guess that is why they call it the natural instinct. There is no need for you to know which might delay your action.

Where does our natural instinct originate from?

It is something just happens inside the body from the signals of the brain. All the electrical pulses are fired by the release of the energy from ATP. If the ATP do not release the energy, then your muscles will never move nor contract.

I can do more BS if I want and who cares about me now........ :P

Maybe you should put this in your signature to avoid future confusion...

:)

• Like 1

Maybe you should put this in your signature to avoid future confusion... :)

Lao Tze: "One must enter confusion, in order, to exit confusion."

Zhuang Tze: "The uselessness of confusion may be the usefulness for helping to sort out the facts."

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish."

Mark Twain

Edited by Brian

Okay.

Which reminds me, never pee on barbed wire that is electrified.

And whatever happened to AC/DC?

No. Nevermind. That would be off topic.

And no, I'm not an electrician. But I used to play one on TV.

• Like 1

Maybe you should put this in your signature to avoid future confusion... :)

Perhaps, you should remove it to show some maturity......!!!

You guys have already been asked. What's the attachment to getting the last word in?

The last word is 'custard'.

• Like 1

The last word is 'custard'.

That was the last supper, wasn't it?

BTW My solar system is working great for me. Additional loads after installing the eight new panels are running an 120VAC pump at the ponds all day, charging my electric car, and running pumps for water management and watering the gardens.

I feel good about the investment.

• Like 4

BTW I should add that I have my recharge station on-line with my solar system as well. I have a number of lithium ion battery powered yard, garden and workshop tools as well as night lights in the house I created using LED lights that get charged off it as well.

Sign in to follow this