Jeff

Transmission in Christian Mysticism

I realize that you are not directly asking me, but in the context you are describing above as I stated it, the Holy Father/silence/rest does not equal emptiness.

:) 

I am more than happy that you would answer directly Jeff.

So rest = void but not emptiness?

I am more than happy that you would answer directly Jeff.

So rest = void but not emptiness?

I have no idea what you mean as a definition of "void" or given all of our past discussions what you personally mean by "emptiness".  Also, this is a thread on transmission in Christian Mysticism, it is not a thread on comparing buddhism to mystical christianity.

If you are interested in trying to compare the traditions, I would suggest that you start a new topic on what you would like to compare. In my past experience, such discussions tend to go as 3bob has repeatedly pointed out above. Personally I always enjoy looking for commonality and crossover with such discussions, and hope you start such a thread. 

I have no idea what you mean as a definition of "void" or given all of our past discussions what you personally mean by "emptiness".  Also, this is a thread on transmission in Christian Mysticism, it is not a thread on comparing buddhism to mystical christianity.

If you are interested in trying to compare the traditions, I would suggest that you start a new topic on what you would like to compare. In my past experience, such discussions tend to go as 3bob has repeatedly pointed out above. Personally I always enjoy looking for commonality and crossover with such discussions, and hope you start such a thread. 

When I was asking what 'motion and rest' meant exactly, Jonesboy supplied this:

Hi Bindi,

With regard to motion and rest. Would not that be the same as form and void?

The correctness of this statement was not challenged at the time, so I have been assuming that rest = void as far as this thread goes. Am I now to assume that his statement was wrong?

When I was asking what 'motion and rest' meant exactly, Jonesboy supplied this:

The correctness of this statement was not challenged at the time, so I have been assuming that rest = void as far as this thread goes. Am I now to assume that his statement was wrong?

If you are asking me, I am making no statement of anyone being right or wrong.  I am just stating that I don't know what you mean with your definitions, so how can I comment?

Also, I was attempting to politely remind everyone that this is not a thread on trying to compare buddhism to mystical christianity. I am happy to discuss transmission and how it works, but don't see the value in confusing the topic with different frameworks and terminology.

According to the OP

Transmission is a component of many traditions, but it a major component of the inner (or mystical) aspects of the gnostic Christian tradition.  Transmissions can be "sent" by divine beings and also masters or adepts of the tradition.

There are two main types of transmission. The lower form is at the level of the "mind" and is often called a mind transmission. The higher form is at the level of the heart (or inner heart) and is often called a "light" transmission.

A mind level transmission is commonly associated with the 3rd eye (mind) and is at the astral level.  Energy is sent in a directed way to another being, and this energy is translated by the mind into some sort of vision (or healing). The experience (and power) of the transmission is highly dependent on both the clarity of the sender and receiver beings. Depending on the "frequency range" of the transmission, issues and fears in the subconscious mind may be hit. The resulting mind translation can create a very wild perception/experience. This is also why astral travel/mediumship is not recommended in many traditions, as it is possible for the mind to be "fooled" or for negative beings to hide behind deep subconscious issues and fears. Finally, this type of transmission is still at the level of duality, as the mind still believes there are two beings (sender and receiver) and hence is subject to things like the perception of "shielding".

A light level transmission is very rare and at the level of the "inner heart" or soul. To send such a transmission, one must have realized oneness, or in Christian terms be at least a highly developed "saint" (or master of the tradition). To even notice/receive such a transmission one must have an open heart (open 4th chakra). A light transmission is beyond the local mind and is a communication directly at the soul level. Depending on one's integration at the soul level, the information is then sort of "decompressed" into components that can be understood by the mind. Those with a developed third eye and the capacity to receive a light transmission will often "see" the transmitting soul which can look like a multicolored burning bush at the level of conscious mind.

In a light transmission, the sender has realized oneness and sort of "overlays" their aspect of consciousness on the person, then the natural "light" that they are flows through. In a light transmission, everything that is the sending "being" is included/given to the person. In the process, it is more about the persons ability to "receive". To the receiving person it can feel like "being in a bubble" or like their body pressure has dramatically increased/gotten heavy. Additionally, a divine being/master can share/extend mind clarity (peace that passes human understanding) and the Holy Spirit (Kundalini) in the process.

Transmissions are normally at the "grace" of the divine beings. Mental clarity and an open heart are the key in contacting divine beings.  Once one realizes oneness, you can directly overlay/merge with divine beings up to your relative clarity.

On the topic of confusion…

Perhaps this might add some clarity. This is a clear definition of Gnostic Christianity and Light transmission by Tau Malachi from the Sophia Fellowship. Note that gnostic light transmission cannot be separated from the gnostic transmission in authentic gnostic tradition.

On the most basic level the Gnostic transmission is a transmission of secret knowledge or esoteric wisdom, which includes both teachings and practices, and is founded upon a holistic symbolic and mystical language. Such a transmission is indicative to all authentic living Gnostic traditions and is a significant part of true Gnosticism.

The Light-transmission is a transmission of helpful spiritual energies necessary for the fruition of spiritual practice in Christ consciousness; specifically, it is the transmission of a Living Presence and Power, and shared experiences of the Light-presence and Light-continuum: hence actual Initiation. Essentially, the Gnostic transmission serves as the vehicle through which the Light-transmission is imparted and is itself something of the Light-transmission. The reception of secret knowledge leads to the actual experience of the Light-presence and Light-continuum, and it is what allows our spiritual or mystical experiences to become fully conscious and thus embodied in actual self-realization. Interestingly enough, it is through the experience of the Light-transmission that the true meaning of the Gnostic transmission is known and understood - thus the two fulfill and complete one another.

What is often not understood by self-proclaimed "gnostics" and "new age gnosticism" is that authentic Gnosticsm is founded upon actual secret knowledge acquired in the enlightement experience and upon actual initiation, typically imparted from adepts and masters to their disciples, akin to what we see in the wisdom traditions of the East. It is not a vague subjective mysticism, but an experience of what might be called an "objective truth" for lack of better words. Essentially, Gnosticism is a transmission of enlightement, the teachings of which are based upon the actual experience of self-realization. The teachings and practices themselves are an expression of the enlightement experience of initiates in the lineage, and thus are quite distinct from the subjectivism put forth as "spirituality" by the new age movement. Thus, the Gnostic transmission is a spiritual education through which an actual experience of enlightement and liberation might transpire - hence the Light-transmission.

There are, indeed, all manner of psychic, spiritual and mystical experiences that may be had, however, the fundamental aim of Christian Gnosticism is supernal or Messianic consciousness; an actual state of enlightement and liberation. The Gnostic transmission and Light-transmission are the expression and experience of this enlightement in Messianic consciousness; the Gnosis of the Risen Savior.

Jeff, it seems to me that there is so much confusion because you are a self-proclaimed gnostic light transmitter with no authentic lineage, whose transmission seems to be associated not with authentic gnostic transmission but with kundalini – see for example post #25 of this thread where you “Acknowledg[e] that light transmission can feel like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts.”

This is not gnostic Christianity. This is manipulating kundalini energy.

It’s a shame that you are unable to explore your transmission ability with any degree of objectivity, which might add clarity to what is actually occurring, instead of obscuring its true nature in confounding theory.

• Like 1

Buddhism and Christianity really don't mix much at all.... per doctrines and many meanings, although in non-violence there is a lot of common ground.  Otherwise in trying to correlate major concepts which don't match one will get into gumbo mud up to their eyeballs.

Religion = Re-Link

Unlimited paths to linking to the natural state (Reality).

If one wishes to focus on perceived contradictions and disparity, then one gains improved awareness of perceived contradictions and disparities.

Ultimately the choice of path and its practices and all verbal and physical aspects of that path are irrelevant.

Reality remains Reality, all/any religion/experience prior does not change Now.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 1

According to the OP On the topic of confusion…Perhaps this might add some clarity. This is a clear definition of Gnostic Christianity and Light transmission by Tau Malachi from the Sophia Fellowship. Note that gnostic light transmission cannot be separated from the gnostic transmission in authentic gnostic tradition.  Jeff, it seems to me that there is so much confusion because you are a self-proclaimed gnostic light transmitter with no authentic lineage, whose transmission seems to be associated not with authentic gnostic transmission but with kundalini – see for example post #25 of this thread where you “Acknowledg[e] that light transmission can feel like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts.” This is not gnostic Christianity. This is manipulating kundalini energy.It’s a shame that you are unable to explore your transmission ability with any degree of objectivity, which might add clarity to what is actually occurring, instead of obscuring its true nature in confounding theory.

While I disagree with much of your comments, I do appreciate that you are now actually discussing the topic of Christian transmission and no longer trying derail the thread in the direction of a comparitive analysis of mystical Christianity vs. Buddhism frameworks.

Since you seem to be a follower and believer of Tau Malachi, could you please explain how his concept of light transmission actually works? Then we can get into the energetic/light details and objectively discuss any possible differences. Additionally, I would suggest you research Tau Malachi's work and positions a little more to see how he views the concept of Kundalini. Or maybe you could describe how he sees kundalini as somehow separate from the Holy Spirit as you seem to see it?

While I disagree with much of your comments, I do appreciate that you are now actually discussing the topic of Christian transmission and no longer trying derail the thread in the direction of a comparitive analysis of mystical Christianity vs. Buddhism frameworks. Since you seem to be a follower and believer of Tau Malachi, could you please explain how his concept of light transmission actually works? Then we can get into the energetic/light details and objectively discuss any possible differences. Additionally, I would suggest you research Tau Malachi's work and positions a little more to see how he views the concept of Kundalini. Or maybe you could describe how he sees kundalini as somehow separate from the Holy Spirit as you seem to see it?

Kundalini and the Holy Spirit are not the same! How long will you persist in your ridiculousness?

According to Tau Malachi, kundalini is the serpent fire at the base of the spine and it is awakened by the Holy Spirit (the Divine Mother) from above.

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1610&p=5963&hilit=Kundalini#p5963

The Pot of Fire: Awakening the Serpent Power

The awareness of the serpent power, or what has been called “kundalini energy” in Hindu schools of thought, occurs throughout many wisdom traditions around the world – virtually everywhere that spirituality ventures into the mystical and magical there is knowledge of this divine power in us. Essentially, it is a fiery intelligence and evolutionary force that manifests as desire-energy, the most basic form of which is sexual energy.

This divine power is rooted in the base of the spine, and it lies sleeping in the belly – in the case of most ordinary people it is largely a latent or dormant power, the barest thread or spark of it sustaining life and being expressed in desires and dreams of the mundane, the material world. If and when this great force awakens, however, it brings luminous dreams and visions, a development of consciousness beyond the body, and spiritual knowledge and power – wonderworking or magical powers. In and of itself the awakening of the serpent is not enlightenment, but it is a force that can be directed towards enlightenment and that facilitates the enlightenment and liberation of the soul, the fulfillment of our destiny.

Naturally, the awakening of this great power is an integral part of our spiritual development and evolution, and many would say that it is an integral part of our future development and evolution on a material level, holding the potential for the generation of a new species of humanity, one far superior to the present human life-wave on earth.

Basically speaking, this is the true force or power of consciousness in us, and thus as we seek to ascend into higher states of consciousness we also seek to awaken this spiritual power – it becomes the force driving our ascent in consciousness and all our spiritual works.

Although some Eastern schools teach methods to force the awakening of the serpent power, in our tradition we do not seek to force its awakening, but rather it awakens in a natural and spontaneous way through the spiritual life and practice, and specifically, it awakens through the blessings and grace of the Divine Mother, through an influx of the Mother’s Force from above that sparks the Holy Fire of the Serpent below.

is through the Mother’s Force, her Divine Grace, that we awaken this – and it is through her Force, the Light from above, that the serpent is uplifted and redeemed, reintegrated with the Divine Presence and Power above, and everywhere below; awakening it, we may use it to manifest our true dreams and our destiny, and to perform good works for the people and the land, and to worship the Holy Mother-Bride in spirit and truth – awakening it, if we are willing, the Mother Spirit and Powers will guide us and show us what to do with this great power.

It is a great sacred power – very mysterious, mystical, magical, powerful and unpredictable; there is great beauty in it and there is great danger in it – we approach it wisely with holy awe and wonder, and humility.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 1

Other sources of transmission within Christianity with varying exoteric and esoteric interpretations and levels of acceptance in terms of orthodoxy and respectability. 

The Communion of Saints

The Holy Mother

Mary Magdelene

The Angelic Hierarchies

edit: sepllnigs

Edited by rex
  • Like 1

Kundalini and the Holy Spirit are not the same! How long will you persist in your ridiculousness?

According to Tau Malachi, kundalini is the serpent fire at the base of the spine and it is awakened by the Holy Spirit (the Divine Mother) from above. http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1610&p=5963&hilit=Kundalini#p5963]http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1610&p=5963&hilit=Kundalini#p5963[/url]

Hi Ti,

I am not trying to say that Kundalini and the Holy Spirit are the same. I would agree that with Tau Malachi that the Holy Spirit can be thought of as the "Divine Mother" (Similar to the concept of Shakti). I would describe Kundalini as an aspect of the power of the Holy Spirit.

Since you have quoted him in this manner, do you consider Tau Malachi to be an authoritative source?

Best,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

The Light-transmission is a transmission of
helpful spiritual energies
necessary for the fruition of spiritual practice in Christ consciousness; specifically, it is the transmission of a
Living Presence and Power, and shared experiences of the Light-presence and Light-continuum
: hence actual Initiation. Essentially, the Gnostic transmission serves as the vehicle through which the
Light-transmission is imparted and is itself something of the Light-transmission.
The reception of secret knowledge leads to the actual experience of the Light-presence and Light-continuum, and it is what
allows our spiritual or mystical experiences to become fully conscious
and thus embodied in actual self-realization. Interestingly enough, it is through the experience of the Light-transmission that the true meaning of the Gnostic transmission is known and understood - thus the two fulfill and complete one another.

- - -

There are, indeed,
all manner of psychic, spiritual and mystical experiences that may be had,
however, the fundamental aim of Christian Gnosticism is supernal or Messianic consciousness; an actual state of enlightement and liberation. The Gnostic transmission and Light-transmission are the expression and experience of this enlightement in Messianic consciousness; the Gnosis of the Risen Savior.

see for example post #25 of this thread where you “Acknowledg[e] that light transmission can feel like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts.”

This is not gnostic Christianity. This is manipulating kundalini energy.

I'm not sure that what you quoted can be used to preclude an idea of being zapped...  The bolded parts seem to leave a lot of wiggle room for the psychic, spiritual, and mystical experience which would be rather tough to say what is not included in that.   JMO :)

While I disagree with much of your comments, I do appreciate that you are now actually discussing the topic of Christian transmission and no longer trying derail the thread in the direction of a comparitive analysis of mystical Christianity vs. Buddhism frameworks. 

Jeff,

That's a bit rich coming from you.  I seem to recall quite a lot of mixing Buddhism with Bible quotes in your posts.  Or have I been dreaming.

Apech,

Please refer to this earlier post.

I have no idea what you mean as a definition of "void" or given all of our past discussions what you personally mean by "emptiness". Also, this is a thread on transmission in Christian Mysticism, it is not a thread on comparing buddhism to mystical christianity.

The topics of kundalin and the like has been discussed in pretty good detail with Bindi and TI in the past. Asking that a separate thread be made to not derail this topic is not an unusual request.

Jeff,

That's a bit rich coming from you.  I seem to recall quite a lot of mixing Buddhism with Bible quotes in your posts.  Or have I been dreaming.

Apech,

As Jonesboy pointed out with my earlier post, I am just trying to keep the thread on the topic of transmission.  In Bindi's earlier posts, she was repeatedly trying to map the concept of Buddhist emptiness to a christian framework. As my post above shows, I would be interested in seeing such a thread.

Best,

Jeff

Other sources of transmission within Christianity with varying exoteric and esoteric interpretations and levels of acceptance in terms of orthodoxy and respectability. 

The Communion of Saints

The Holy Mother

Mary Magdelene

The Angelic Hierarchies

edit: sepllnigs

Very good point.  Thank you. :)

• Like 1

Apech,

Please refer to this earlier post.

The topics of kundalin and the like has been discussed in pretty good detail with Bindi and TI in the past. Asking that a separate thread be made to not derail this topic is not an unusual request.

Jonesboy,

Jeff wasn't saying I was derailing this thread with a discussion of kundalini but with the concept of form and void, which as you and I know you introduced as a synonym for motion and rest. Actually Jeff even thanked you in that specific post, so as far as I knew you were correct and he supported your comparison.

Since form and void as a concept did actually start to make sense to me, I was happy to explore the concept of 'motion and rest' as 'form and void'. Through the heart sutra as you suggested, through the Zen story that I put forward, it was all to understand 'motion and rest' from Thomas 50. It didn't seem like derailing at the time to ask whether 'void' was then synonymous with 'emptiness', and I still can't understand why it wouldn't be, but I guess my exploration of motion and rest/form and void and emptiness is over here.

FWIW, I personally am glad that you supplied that equation motion/rest = form/void.

I'm not sure that what you quoted can be used to preclude an idea of being zapped...  The bolded parts seem to leave a lot of wiggle room for the psychic, spiritual, and mystical experience which would be rather tough to say what is not included in that.   JMO :)

No, you're right.

Can we discuss zapping (another favourite topic of mine :))?

No, you're right.

Can we discuss zapping (another favourite topic of mine :))?

I was thinking a separate thread might be good, as Jeff recommended.    I think I'll start one but I don't want to drive it.  Maybe something open-ended on such things.

I was thinking a separate thread might be good, as Jeff recommended.    I think I'll start one but I don't want to drive it.  Maybe something open-ended on such things.

okay, but I had meant zapping specifically in relation to Jeff's light transmission. Why is it so inappropriate to examine certain aspects of light transmission in detail?

okay, but I had meant zapping specifically in relation to Jeff's light transmission. Why is it so inappropriate to examine certain aspects of light transmission in detail?

This is about Christian Mysticism Transmission... my personal experience with zapping has nothing to do with that.  So if different walks/path/traditions of life experience the same thing then a more general topic seems useful.  I like what Apech said in one post but he didn't really explain it... but it does not seem to be about this topic.  So another reason to see if we can't get a general topic together.

This is about Christian Mysticism Transmission... my personal experience with zapping has nothing to do with that.  So if different walks/path/traditions of life experience the same thing then a more general topic seems useful.  I like what Apech said in one post but he didn't really explain it... but it does not seem to be about this topic.  So another reason to see if we can't get a general topic together.

In the OP it's about gnostic light transmission, the term changes to Christian mysticism transmission some time later. Also I have already quoted Jeff's reference to zapping in post #25 of this thread where he “Acknowledg[es] that light transmission can feel like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts.”

His post seems to directly contradict your contention that your personal experience with zapping has nothing to do with light transmission.

I feel like there is a strong tendency in your group to gloss over or otherwise ignore certain aspects of Jeff's light transmission. Why not use this thread to explore some of these seemingly contentious issues?

In the OP it's about gnostic light transmission, the term changes to Christian mysticism transmission some time later. Also I have already quoted Jeff's reference to zapping in post #25 of this thread where he “Acknowledg[es] that light transmission can feel like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts.”

His post seems to directly contradict your contention that your personal experience with zapping has nothing to do with light transmission.

I feel like there is a strong tendency in your group to gloss over or otherwise ignore certain aspects of Jeff's light transmission. Why not use this thread to explore some of these seemingly contentious issues?

My contention was that my experience is not on topic... ergo, my 'zap' experience has nothing to do with Christian Mysticism Transmission.  I don't even really know what that means and I don't claim such a transmission tradition.   I admitted I'm not talking to topic and why I'd rather step out of this.

I never said it has nothing to do with light transmission... it is the tradition issue here that I have no experience with.

Jeff as the OP suggested another topic and I think that is well and good to do.  

see here:  http://thedaobums.com/topic/39751-mind-transmission-and-tradition/

My contention was that my experience is not on topic... ergo, my 'zap' experience has nothing to do with Christian Mysticism Transmission.  I don't even really know what that means and I don't claim such a transmission tradition.   I admitted I'm not talking to topic and why I'd rather step out of this.

I never said it has nothing to do with light transmission... it is the tradition issue here that I have no experience with.

Jeff as the OP suggested another topic and I think that is well and good to do.  

see here:  http://thedaobums.com/topic/39751-mind-transmission-and-tradition/

He specifically said he didn't want to derail this thread with a comparison between Buddhist emptiness and a Christian framework, though I disagree that this was derailing anyway.

You have assumed that this includes zapping as derailing, despite his post#25 which directly correlates light transmission with zapping.

Also, it seems to me that if you have experienced Jeff's light transmission, then ergo you have experienced gnostic/mystical Christian light transmission, since this is what Jeff states his light transmission is.