timelessness

girl problems

If they are a really close / trustworthy friend and they think that you're a bit shy, they might be trying to force your hand & get you to "Act" and ask her out for a drink, meal, etc yourself.

Alternatively, they might also like her and might think that you'll never ask that girl out anyway.

But there are plenty of people who flirt with just about everybody they meet.

Now that might be because they think they're fantastic, or they have a HUGE....ego.

It could even mean that THEY are a bit insecure themselves.

But a crush doesn't really entitle you to any sense of ownership iro somebody else, does it ?

A relationship is all about putting the other person first, in order to enjoy a "real" life together.

Wishing / Hoping and having crushes doesn't IME get you very far in the Romance / Relationship department.

I'm an ugly Old Fart, but I've had several good/great relationships in my lifetime. So there's hope for everyone.

My advice (for what it's worth) is to casually go up & talk to her.

Don't try to chat her up, or give her some corny old line you read in a dating book someplace, or act like a crazed stalker and follow her about.

Just look into her eyes and talk to her casually, like it's no big deal and that you talk to girls like her all the time.

Find out her likes / dislikes, hobbies...etc. and take it from there.

If it works out....Great !!!

But if she wants to just be friends, accept that.

If she's not interested, you have to accept that too & move on.

Sometimes these things happen when you least expect it !

(Or even better, do what Flo said)

Edit: What Flo said

Edited by Basher

I would not deal with the friend. I would act on your feelings before you lose her to your friend.

"Knowing is not enough, we must do." Bruce Lee

My 2 cents from a person who has been in the same situation and won... :)

How would you deal with a friend who is flirting with a girl you have a crush on. He knows that you have a crush on her.

Well you cannot call dibs on a girl, if you are twiddling your thumbs on making a move and your friend beats you to the punch, that is your fault.

At the same time unless this girl is flirting with him, if he is going out of his way to to flirt with her, he is not your friend.

I'd stop talking to him because you don't need ***holes like that in your life.

I had one, I let him back into my life and it caused only more drama.

Ask her to have lunch with you or dinner depending how friendly you guys are. Try to make it a really awesome date, make her laugh, and at the end tell her your true feelings. You will only be full of regret if you don't.

How would you deal with a friend who is flirting with a girl you have a crush on. He knows that you have a crush on her.

Usually, brutal violence works in this kind of situations

107815%20-%20animated%20animation%20arti

• Like 2

Violence will save a friendship long before passive aggressive resentment and bitter silence will. Really. Be very direct and upfront with your friend, even to the point of having a physical fight. Do not let any bruised feelings smolder beneath the surface...release them. Only enemies and strangers hide the truth from each other and wait...so if you do that, your friend will feel like you're acting weird...not like a friend anymore. Air these things out. Sometimes men need to fight each other to grow in friendship and respect for each other as men...you will laugh about it later.

• Like 1

More to ask how you are now dealing with the girl?

More to ask why does he flirt when he know you have a crush?

More to ask why not observe and see what they are talking, then you can start to talk next?

More to ask was.... it count his teeth or was it count my teeth or count our teeth if she had already a friend?

107815%20-%20animated%20animation%20arti

Violence will save a friendship long before passive aggressive resentment and bitter silence will. Really. Be very direct and upfront with your friend, even to the point of having a physical fight. Do not let any bruised feelings smolder beneath the surface...release them. Only enemies and strangers hide the truth from each other and wait...so if you do that, your friend will feel like you're acting weird...not like a friend anymore. Air these things out. Sometimes men need to fight each other to grow in friendship and respect for each other as men...you will laugh about it later.

"To win without fighting is best." Sun Tzu

There's a million fish in the sea. If you have a crush on her, I imagine you're really young. No adult says "crush"

When you get older you'll realize that losing a friend over a "crush" was the wrong thing to do. Granted this "friend" of yours is someone of a value. How long have you been friends with this guy? Since childhood?

The adult thing to do is just to let him know. If he doesn't listen, then he doesn't respect you, therefore he's not a true friend.

Move on.

• Like 1

I used the word crush because I didn't know a better one. she is not my girlfriend... Just somebody I really like. Either way this guy lives with me. He has that sinister laugh because he knows that he is hanging out with the girl I like. I really want to kick his ass for betraying my trust.

A decent person would have respected the boundry... A friend would have helped you talk to her. A good friend would have helped you set up a date... but this slimey bastard backstabbed me.

he who does not apply his rudder and engine to the water simply becomes pushed around by the waves

Wow, this is the best argument for being confrontational i have ever heard

How you get the the girl will set the tone of the relationship. This goes for anything you get in life. But in your situation you may need to compete for her time her love or something. If you talk with her but she chose your friend let it be.

The energy you put out is what you get back and what is that called?