Question:

Do you think Jesus was :-

(i) merely acting on impulses given to him by the Father or

(ii) he was fully, consciously aware of the father's will but the Father's will was slightly different to his own will and so, he was acting on his Father's will after the fact or

(iii) his will and the Father's will were the same thing so his actions were those of the Father or

(iv) a mixture of some or all of the above or

(v) something else is going on ?

Aligning human will to Divine will........It's Tricky !

Blessings for your will to match the Father's will :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg

Hi Chegg,

Since you have quoted the above, could you list the source? The tradition? Also, is the above your personal perspective and experience?

Thanks,

Jeff

(Edit - IPad formatting problem)

Edited by Jeff

Hi Chegg,

Since you have quoted the above, could you list the source? The tradition? Also, is the above your personal perspective and experience?

Thanks,

Jeff

(Edit - IPad formatting problem)

Hiya Jeff,

Oops, can't remember exactly but I think the original was from here http://www.researchersoftruth.org/teachings/archangels-angels-history. There seems to be a little bit more info on that link though.

Bless you Jeff

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hiya Jeff,

Oops, can't remember exactly but I think the original was from here http://www.researchersoftruth.org/teachings/archangels-angels-history. There seems to be a little bit more info on that link though.

Bless you Jeff

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thanks for the link. Are you a member of the Cyprus based group? Worked with their meditation and practices?

Best,

Jeff

Thanks for the link. Are you a member of the Cyprus based group? Worked with their meditation and practices?

Best,

Jeff

No, not at all. I just happen to be studying those teachings at this particular time. They seem to contain an element of depth that you dont find anywhere else. I have tried some of the meditations though.

Blessing of Depth !

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg

Another excerpt...... (I highlighted an interesting point about reaching at-onement with God - giving more Service ! )

source: http://www.researchersoftruth.org/mastering-the-mind

"......This means, we have to unfold, what I call, the Superconsciousness in our personal self in order to enter the fifth heaven. And then, what more? Expanding yourself and concentrating self-consciously, to be able to see and know, not by learning now, but by at-one-ment with what is there. Can you imagine what kind of self-consciousness is that? Let us call it Self-Superconsciousness. This means that in this heaven you have to be able to know things by attunement. What's attunement? Being in the Worlds of Existence, properly co-vibrating yet being two.

What are the next two heavens of our Spirit-Soul Ego-Self? What did Joshua Emmanuel the Christ (the Godman) say? "You must unfold your real Self to enter the state of the divine Oneness, by oneness or attunement, But, this state is not mundane or worldly. It's divine, which means, you have returned back home. Yes."

Have human beings since Joshua Emmanuel the Christ reached this state? Yes, many, but … There is a burning "but". There are certain Spirit-Soul Egos who can be in at-one-ment with God and with the Godman, but – what is the Will/Pleasure of the Godman, of the beloved One (for me, the most beloved One)? This paradise is not for us. What did he say? "He who wants to follow me should shoulder his cross and follow me." So, those who reached there, some of them who gave themselves to Him, have come down to the material plane, even in the darkest hell, to serve their brethren, the human beings. Is that sacrifice? No! Because, even in the darkest hell there is Light. They are not far away from Him, because, they are self-consciously in the Omnipresence of the Father. Everything is in God the Father. Can you do that? Can you unfold within yourself this kind of self-consciousness? Yes, why not – all of you are offsprings of God.

So, human beings are living subconsciously now. But, whether we want it or not, according to the parable of the Prodigal Son, sooner or later we have to be back home, to our divine nature as Spirit-Soul Ego-Selves, and – we have to work on it. How? God has given us a perfect human body, built up and sustained by the Holy Archangels of the Elements. Yet, you know very little about that material body unless you open a book of anatomy. That body is under the supervision of the Holy Archangels of the Elements. A ray of our Spirit-Soul Ego-Self created our time-and-place mortal self and we have been given the psychical substance and the noetical substance and Super substance, the Mind vitality. What have we done with that? Unbridled desires, unbridled and uncontrolled emotions, making dirty what you call love with that stupid expression of what you call life, having in it fighting, jealousies and all that. We have made a great misuse of this Mind substance by creating bad elementals, human demons composing our personality. Yet, the heart, the pulse of Life of our personality, is our Soul Being. Now, we have been given the Mind vitality as thought to work with it, to reach understanding, knowing and wisdom, but – what have we done with it? We have made the thought a slave of unbridled emotions.

So, it's our duty to do what? To try to make a proper psychical body and unfold our self-consciousness in it. But first of all, we have to unfold our self-consciousness on the material plane in the material body and to form our noetical body, control our thoughts, become masters of our thoughts. Now, by unfolding more of our Soul self-consciousness, manifesting our divine power we call attunement, unfolding our Self-Superconsciousness in at-one-ment with the divine – what do we find? That we are all gods, sons of the Almighty.

We have the means of knowing the truth and there is no excuse. We have it in our nature – observation and the capacity for knowing. A human being is not an animal. Every human being is a Spirit-Soul Being, a God.

I get from the minds of some of you, "Do I have to sacrifice my personality? It's painful but I like it." You are going to lose nothing, because every incarnation with the virtues and the vices, with the good actions and the wickedness, that total collection of the elementals, is living, is a living form. Behind you, in all your past lives, nothing is lost. There is a living total of all your experiences (elementals) in the Cosmic Memory. Living? Of course, because it is made of the Mind vitality.

And when you reach that state of "Be ye perfect as perfect is your Heavenly Father," you will see that in every incarnation you have written, say, a book. You have it in the Cosmic Memory like in a library on its shelves. You are like a writer who is writing books. Who is preventing you to get a volume and go through it again? And reading it, you can enjoy what is enjoyable and what is painful, by the grace of God now, it will not affect you any more, because – you have got rid of those vices.

So, when you reach perfection, you are not going to lose anything. You are not going to lose your Present-Day Personality that is so precious to you now. You will find, inside you, all the volumes you have written in all your past incarnations. In perfection you are gaining, not losing. You are gaining, because, nothing made of the Mind vitality, no thoughts, no emotions, no desires are lost.

When you reach the attunement, you can attune yourself to any one of your incarnations. Can we, by at-one-ment, enter into that living total elemental of our past personality? If you wish to, you can. But, why would you? Is not the attunement seeing and knowing? Anyhow, it's nothing that I wish to do myself. Attunement is worthwhile with Joshua Emmanuel the Christ and with God and not with past elementals. And then, you can use the at-one-ment for God and the attunement for anything you like. But, you can never do that unless you reach the highest level of Self-Superconsciousness. You can do it. You can become the master of visualization, in introspection, and of the right meditation, manifesting your divine state of observation. The Mind vitality is given to you as your daily bread. Use it properly to feed yourself and to make your psychical and noetical body, just as you are making with it (by eating and drinking) your material body. And Joshua Emmanuel said that it is not only with bread that a man should be fed, but with the Mind vitality from our Heavenly Father. Who is where? Everywhere and inside your Spirit-Soul Ego-Self. So, stop living as the animal life around you. The Seekers of the Truth should live as human beings, as Archangels, and as gods."

Blessings of Researching the 'Truth'

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg
  • Like 2

No, not at all. I just happen to be studying those teachings at this particular time. They seem to contain an element of depth that you dont find anywhere else. I have tried some of the meditations though.

Blessing of Depth !

I have read some of the books about Daskalos and the Researchers of Truth and I agree it is some of the most in depth teachings I have found, surprisingly so.

I have tried some of the meditations and short term they have a powerful effect, but I haven't done any long term to testify to their benefit over a long period of time.

What I would be really interested in is whether any of the Researchers of Truth have managed to reproduce the development of Daskalos or develop healing abilities anywhere near his level, because the explanations and teachings are very good but I would like to see examples of the fruit of long term practice of that system for the average disciple.

• Like 1

What I would be really interested in is whether any of the Researchers of Truth have managed to reproduce the development of Daskalos or develop healing abilities anywhere near his level, because the explanations and teachings are very good but I would like to see examples of the fruit of long term practice of that system for the average disciple.

Good point Jetsun.

I would also like to see that. I don't have much time myself to fully test out these practices out. Maybe after 12 years or so I might give them a go. But that is a bit of a long time to wait. But from what I've read, there will come a time when your higher bodies can be separated and come under your conscious control. This can be used for specific purposes such as healing, giving service etc..

By the way, I know of a cat called 'Jetsun' !

Bless you Jetsun

Edited by chegg

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days.

Edited by idiot_stimpy

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days.

Hey Stimpy, that sounds scarey !

Would you or anyone care to interpret that for me ?

Blessings of Not Falling by the Sword :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !

Hey Stimpy, that sounds scarey !

Would you or anyone care to interpret that for me ?

Blessings of Not Falling by the Sword :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !

It could mean, there have been many people who have tried to share the truth over the ages but have been persecuted for it. Jesus was crucified for sharing his truth.

• Like 1

“Therefore set that golden body you have obtained, which in dignity and

virtue is exalted beyond all other Gold, into its due and lawful

dissolution, its due time, then the Angel of the highest will appear unto

thee, and tell thee that it is the solver of all the mysteries in the world,

receive it with joy and keep it safe, for its quality is more heavenly than

earthly, therefore does it heartily incline to strive after that, which is

above, from whence it had its original.” Last Will and Testament, Basil Valentine.

• Like 2

Other points to consider.....

There are many dangers involved in releasing advanced knowledge to those unprepared to receive it. As the theosophists say, its like placing a stick of dynamite in the hands of a baby. Not only can one harm themselves but they risk harming those around them.

[ref: C.W. Leadbeater/Theosophy]

Second, there are 'luciferian' forces in existence that encourage individuals to attain slightly more advanced knowledge and development but only to a certain level and only for the purpose of enslaving that individual.

[ref: R. Steiner/Anthoposophy]

I guess its a case of 'careful what you say and who you say it to'

Blessings of disclosing the right knowledge at the right time !

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg
  • Like 1

Other points to consider.....

There are many dangers involved in releasing advanced knowledge to those unprepared to receive it. As the theosophists say, its like placing a stick of dynamite in the hands of a baby. Not only can one harm themselves but they risk harming those around them.

[ref: C.W. Leadbeater/Theosophy]

Second, there are 'luciferian' forces in existence that encourage individuals to attain slightly more advanced knowledge and development but only to a certain level and only for the purpose of enslaving that individual.

I guess its a case of 'careful what you say and who you say it to'

Blessings of disclosing the right knowledge at the right time !

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Not sure that I agree on this point. We are essentially obstructed beings of the light. All true information, in essence, helps with clarity of the truth. When is clarity not ultimately the right thing?

Best wishes.

P.s. I also agree that there are a lot of "false lights" out there that add to the percieved obstructions.

• Like 2

It's like the stuff about demonic possession.

You're scaring me!

I don't want to be enslaved by "luciferian" forces!

Look what happened to Dr Faustus!

On the other hand, one can see this strain perhaps in control freak mentality and megalomaniacal tendencies of the ritual magician.

I steer clear of all that.

Although sometimes I'm tempted.

I like swords.

on edit: And I don't much relish the thought of falling by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days. Or even for a single day.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Not sure that I agree on this point. We are essentially obstructed beings of the light. All true information, in essence, helps with clarity of the truth. When is clarity not ultimately the right thing? Best wishes. P.s. I also agree that there are a lot of "false lights" out there that add to the percieved obstructions.

The parable of the sower and the seeds also comes to mind. I'm not sure if its applicable here but its good to read it again :)

"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13 1-9

Explanation:

“Therefore hear the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

That is some pretty scarey stuff there ! I would hope the bit that says "some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.” could include "some two, some one." at the end.

Blessings of Fruitfulness

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg

A lot of members will likely disagree with this, but I read something very interesting yesterday along the lines of monism being individuals experiencing the bliss of their own soul and mistaking it for experiencing themselves as God.

I'm wondering what the other Christian mystics say about this, whether it is also their belief or part of their tradition?

All the best,

Edward

• Like 1

Hi Edward,

I would agree and believe it is a common problem/issue in all traditions. As one begins to realize "emptiness of the self" they experience the light of mind (or universal mind). In Christian terms, this is sort of touching the "soul". The experience of first connecting into this sort of universal human level can be so overwhelming that many think it is God. Often people get attached to the experience and declare "done". This same thing is happens and is called opening the 7th chakra in Yoga or realization of no self in Buddhism.

While it is a very meaningful step, it is really more like a new beginning.

Best wishes.

(Edit - format issue)

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that. So, you would say that it does have a place on the christian mystics path? I suppose from my theoretical point of view, if one gets to that level, then they can worship That which is greater than I - God, from a much purer level.

All the best,

Edward

Hi Edward,

Yes, it is a natural progression of the Christian path (and all paths). But, like all big experiences or "states", it is easy to get stuck.

The issue for many Christians is their concept of God. Listen to a pastor and it could become a Zeus like old white guy. Read (and know) the words of Jesus and one will realize that God is the same as Emptiness.

Best regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Cool, am on the right track then! thanks!

Have had brief glimpses of emptiness in the past, but since then been very influenced by the writing of Gareth Knight, he speaks on Christianity from a kabbalistic viewpoint and is where i found this idea of soul realisation yesterday in the book 'Experience of the inner worlds'.

He makes a good point that meditation should always be from a level of devotion, not self-centered, that is a way to achieve true contemplation.

Cheers,

Edward

• Like 1