Anyone ever personally "work" with the Being/Entity Jesus?

My 2 cents, Peace

Yes, along with other divine beings.

• Like 1

Yes, along with other divine beings.

Thanks for sharing, its something I have been contemplating lately. Despite my avatar, In the past I never really felt a connection with "him". But he is beginning to resonate with me on deeper and deeper levels. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing, its something I have been contemplating lately. Despite my avatar, In the past I never really felt a connection with "him". But he is beginning to resonate with me on deeper and deeper levels. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

I know what you mean. Even though I grew up a Midwestern Christian, I did not feel an early natural affinity with "him". For me, it may have been some deep conditioning that it was somehow not appropriate (or unchristian) to try such a thing. My first "oneness" contact with Jesus was like being zapped with light/energy for over two hours (very intense). Others get even more interesting...

If you are reaching out for the first time to a divine being, I would recommend a "female" (opposite sex) divine being. There is a natural male/female dynamic that often makes it easier to get a deep connect. In the Christian tradition, both Mary and Mary Magdoline are very good.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Even though I grew up a Midwestern Christian, I did not feel an early natural affinity with "him". For me, it may have been some deep conditioning that it was somehow not appropriate (or unchristian) to try such a thing. My first "oneness" contact with Jesus was like being zapped with light/energy for over two hours (very intense). Others get even more interesting...

If you are reaching out for the first time to a divine being, I would recommend a "female" (opposite sex) divine being. There is a natural male/female dynamic that often makes it easier to get a deep connect. In the Christian tradition, both Mary and Mary Magdoline are very good.

Yeah, i grew up Christian as well, but pretty much snored during sermon cause it was so boring. That, and i have heard so many stories of "recovering christians", it makes it difficult to approach any aspect of it without deep trepidation. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing your zapping. :P

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I think part of the reason for this thread is to rescue Christian Mysticism from the ravages of Christianity. I have felt the presence of Jesus and intuit he was/is a true master. But the minute I think about Christianity I feel quite sick and have to stop. I feel that his true teachings are so far submerged under a pile of syrupy gook covered by another layer of arrogant hostility that it makes me despair. But I think we should try at least to distil out some useful messages and teachings to help each other on the way.

Perhaps we could continue by discussing the role of the Virgin Mary and Magdalena ... ? if that suits.

• Like 1

Perhaps we could continue by discussing the role of the Virgin Mary and Magdalena ... ? if that suits.

I think that is a very good idea, because it also touches on the importance of the "Divinine Feminine" in gnostic Christianity.

(p.s. or for those who are familiar with the Lotus sutra... The "other" Buddha that Buddha talks about... Ok, back to point Apech. :))

If you felt you could share something of the 'others get even more interesting..' that would be very welcome!

Sure, as a quick aside...

Actually, I had never even thought of the idea of contacting a divine being until a Hindu friend asked me to take her to Krishna. He first felt like a cool molten lava. Very solid feeling. Buddha has a very powerful zig-zag energy feel, almost like there is nothing ever constant. Angels tend to feel like various intensities of "light". Higher ones can be very hard to stay with for very long because of the brightness. But, angels are helpful in that they are usually special purpose beings and easier to get specifics from, where divine beings mostly help you with obstructions/issues/fears.

Also, as clarity of the "inner heart" grows, the relative experience calms down and the level of integration/merge increases.

(edit - iPad format posting issues)

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2

We could start with the Pistis Sophia ... anyone got a link to a good translation?

It is pretty long and I think we may lose some of the group. As a possible starter, what about The Secret Gospel of Mary? It is formatted like the Gospel of Thomas with a little over 200 statements. Here is a link below...

http://www.sophian.org/secret_gospel_of_mary.html

• Like 1

It is pretty long and I think we may lose some of the group. As a possible starter, what about The Secret Gospel of Mary? It is formatted like the Gospel of Thomas with a little over 200 statements. Here is a link below...

http://www.sophian.org/secret_gospel_of_mary.html

We could do it as a separate thread verse by verse along the lines of the TTC forum.

• Like 2

We could do it as a separate thread verse by verse along the lines of the TTC forum.

Sounds like fun. :)

Sounds like fun. :)

I checked that link you gave and it said copyright at the bottom so I searched for another translation and its completely different:

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

and this one

http://www.maryofmagdala.com/GMary_Text/gmary_text.html

so we need to decide what version we are using ...

Edited by Apech

I feel I should edit this question out, as it seems to have fallen like a stone. Sorry for this.. I no longer have the right to edit this post to remove something which appears to have been irrelevant!

Hi Cat,

Did you want more details then I described in post 132? I have to admit that I was surprised that I did not get any followup questions on my statements. Also, since we seem to be starting a new thread regarding the Mary gospel. Maybe some would be interested in the concept of both light & mind transmissions in mystical Christianity?

Best wishes,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

Hi Cat,

Did you want more details then I described in post 132? I have to admit that I was surprised that I did not get any followup questions on my statements. Also, since we seem to be starting a new thread regarding the Mary gospel. Maybe some would be interested in the concept of both light & mind transmissions in mystical Christianity?

Best wishes,

Jeff

Suggest that if that is something specific then it could be a new thread.

I checked that link you gave and it said copyright at the bottom so I searched for another translation and its completely different:

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

and this one

http://www.maryofmagdala.com/GMary_Text/gmary_text.html

so we need to decide what version we are using ...

What about trying to use all three like MH did with the TTC? If we go one verse at a time, it should not be too hard to pull them together.

Also, the first version that I shared is said to be orally passed down with the Sophian gnostic tradition.

Yes, I am the follow up! I do want more details,yes please, I am very interested!

thankyou, Jeff.

The new thread was just posted. Feel free to ask questions. :)

Thanks Jeff.

I am wondering if you have anything to share about the sacrificial lamb. The lamb of god.

Would be very interested to know.

x

Hi Cat,

The sacrificial lamb is the description of the sacrifice of a perfect master as being a "conduit for light" (or power of God) in the world. It is also another name for the High Priest of Melchizedek.

Until the coming of a Christ (or High Priest) into a world system, there is only limited empowerment (or light of God). In gnostic Christianity it is called the ability "to call upon the 144 Names of God". As a limited "living being", only Jesus walked with the Divine powers in the Christian lineage. Through the sacrifice (of the lamb) and completion in the resurrection, Jesus becomes sort of the "network" connecting to the higher levels. This allow the disciples (and lineage followers) to receive the Holy Spirit and these Divine Powers in full.

This is what Jesus means when he says he will send a helper and greater miracles after he is gone.

p.s. For any who are interested... On this point, I would also recommend reading chapter 11 of the Lotus Sutra about the twin tower Buddha.

Edited by Jeff

Just looking to see if I could download this onto my kindle and...wonder about which transl to go for.. any tips?

Relative to my side reference about chapter 11, it does not really matter. In the specific section, Buddha talks very briefly about the "two tower" Buddha, which is his "partner" in helping in the growth and development of beings. You can also think of it as an "in the system" Buddha. Since the topic is beyond the scope of our thread, I will leave it to you to potentially draw any direct comparisons.

Though, discussing the Lotus sutra might be fun for the Buddhist forum... :)

Wait what! What! I woke form my slumber and some Buddhist have crept into the Christian Mysticism thread ... in fact they crapped in the crypt and crept out again!

• Like 1

Wait what! What! I woke form my slumber and some Buddhist have crept into the Christian Mysticism thread ... in fact they crapped in the crypt and crept out again!

Don't worry, it was just a brief intermission in the story to allow everyone a chance to get some popcorn (or go to the bathroom)...

We still on for the Gnostic gospel review? We could also start with the Gospel of Thomas. Though not canon, it is pretty universally accepted.

Or, does anyone have another topic?