voidisyinyang

Soma was most likely orally consumed cannibis

There was also recently an article in High Times and now growing on other sites and publications talking about how there is more conclusive evidence that Jesus of Nazareth and his disciples were more than likely using Cannibinoids to heal people.

• Like 1

Better not click on those links at work...:) I'm talking to myself there. I always preferred eating it.

• Like 1

There was also recently an article in High Times and now growing on other sites and publications talking about how there is more conclusive evidence that Jesus of Nazareth and his disciples were more than likely using Cannibinoids to heal people.

I think he/they probably at least experimented with it and other drugs, some of the earliest christain frescos have blue mushrooms and poppy pods pictured in the corners.

But I think this is funny-

conclusive evidence that Jesus of Nazareth and his disciples were more than likely

conclusive evidence that it is probable means there is no proof. They cant even prove he existed let alone if he did drugs.

The highest I've ever gotten on pot was from eating canabis. Certain varieties have a very high cieling, meaning even though they are not so potent, if you continue to smoke it you can potentially get very very high. Those varieties, usually sativas make the most potent canna-food. Other varieties may be potent but have a low cieling. You smoke, get high but dont get much higher.

So when you ingest foods made with a high cieling cannabis, it can be almost psychedelic. I remember putting cannabutter made from a potent sativa on a piece of toast once. After eating it I totally forgot about it then smoked some herb a while later. I noticed I kept getting higher and higher then I remembered the toast.

I was watching Shindlers List for the first time and it had gotten to the shower scene and I started panicing. I felt like I was in there with them, I could feel all the fear, panic and terror of everyone like it was mine and had to shut off the TV to get a grip. Then after mellowing out I started laughing uncontrollably. In my mind it was freaking me out because I wasnt thinking anything was funny, the laughter wasn't at anything, in fact, in my mind it was freaking me out and I was concerned about it, but my body was just mechanicly laughing.

It was all very unexpected because every other time I've eaten it before then it had been a very mild experience where I 'd get realyl groggy and hungry for about a day and a half. That toast took me off gaurd.

Edited by ion
  • Like 2

I've always heard that Soma was the Amanita Muscaria mushroom.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_history1.shtml

500-0 BCE: Rg Veda hymns, a set of sacred stories from India, include mentions of a magical intoxicant called Soma. In 1968, R. Gordon Wasson published the controversial book Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality, speculating that Soma refers to Amanita muscaria.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2941

Amongst those who believe that Soma was a psychoactive plant (there are other theories by those less inclined towards this explanation), perhaps the most widely accepted proposed identification is that Soma was Amanita muscaria. There are alternate proposals which include Peganum harmala, Psilocybin mushrooms, Cannabis, Ephedra, Blue Lotus, etc.
  • Like 1

In 2008, the remains of another male were discovered near Turpan. Thought by researchers to be a member of the Gushi culture, the man was buried with a number of practical and ceremonial objects, including archery equipment and a harp, and 789 grams of cannabis. Through genetic analysis and carbon dating, the burial has been dated to roughly 700 BC. Only two of the 500 graves at the site contain cannabis, leading researchers to suggest shamanic roles for the two individuals.

Kaneh bosm (cannabis) essential oil was probably also one of the holy annointing oils...

So, it probably has a verrryy loonggg & ancient history of medicinal/shamanic use...

...Which is probably one reason why our parasitic Feds banned it! :D

poll-2009-raids.gif

obama-police-memorial.jpeg-1280x960.jpg

obama-smoking-pot.jpgtrayvonsmoking.jpg

holderevil.jpg11m3nsy.jpg

• Like 3

can anyone tell me the significance of "soma"?

as far as the drugs already mentioned in this thread, i don't see any of them having more spiritual value than any of the others listed. ephedra, weed, poppy and amanita muscaria are all very minor highs. Potential for spiritual experience is there but none of these are exciting enough to get some grand name like "soma"

• Like 2

ummm.... increased serotonin is the main psychedelic factor...

So amanita muscaria actually has an MAOI function so you do get psychedelic visions - mainly dreams.

Salvia activates cannibinoids and opiate receptors and so strong pot - orally ingested - it creates visions like salvia.

Strong enough -- salvia induces spirit travel - the salvia pulls the spirit out of the body....

The main thing with ayahuasca is the vine used as the MAOI actually increases the number of serotonin receptors in the brain while also with the DMT increasing the serotonin levels.

So that's in contrast to say syrian rue as the MAOI which can cause serotonin syndrome overdose since you don't have an increased number of serotonin receptors created.

that's about it - they are tools - traditional ayahuasca training requires celibacy and fasting also...

ummm so the Gwa root is the psychedelic used by the original human culture - the Bushmen - but it's never been tested by Western science as far as I know - some ethnobotanist should jump on that one.

But even that was used just as an initiation tool - taken once by females right before their first menstruation - ummm and so maybe a few times by males but it's called FAKE N/OM - which would be like fake jing or fake kundalini...

same with pot - the Bushmen call it FAKE N/OM....

so only with mind celibacy do you do the real training.

• Like 1

"Amanita muscaria
Muscimol and ibotenic acid from the Amanita muscaria appear to act on the GABA neurotransmitter system. Muscimol activates GABA receptors on neurons."

not an maoi

it isn't a psychedelic, it is a dissociative. salvia is also a dissociative. dunno about the receptors for salvia because i haven't done it in years though

basically my point is that not everyone trips on dissociatives. some people just feel like shit or get scared. those types of things mostly effect the ones ready for them

Edited by Flolfolil

"Amanita muscaria

Muscimol and ibotenic acid from the Amanita muscaria appear to act on the GABA neurotransmitter system. Muscimol activates GABA receptors on neurons."

not an maoi

it isn't a psychedelic, it is a dissociative. salvia is also a dissociative. dunno about the receptors for salvia because i haven't done it in years though

basically my point is that not everyone trips on dissociatives. some people just feel like shit or get scared. those types of things mostly effect the ones ready for them

You're making a logical error.

the muscimol acts as a substitute for GABA receptors. So there is drowsiness as the GABA inhibits adrenaline. But since it's not GABA then the muscimol just blocks uptake of GABA so then there is no more inhibition of adrenaline in the body. So this causes extreme energy and euphoria. So that's what causes the feeling of flying and also it causes the shut down of the amgydala. The muscarine also acts as a MAOI so that there is increased DMT levels since it's not broken down.

Just because amanita does one thing does not mean it does not do other things also.

The pineal gland makes a neurohormone called melatonin, which is one of the key regulators of the circadian and seasonal biological rhythms. It also makes a mono-amine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor called pinoline (Methoxytetrahydrobetacarboline (MeOTHBC)) which acts on the GABA receptors and whose chemical structure is virtually identical with the harmala alkaloids.

Serotonin (5 Hydroxytryptamine (5HT)) has frequently been implicated in certain aspects of psychoses. Pinoline is a neuromodulator, which prevents, amongst other effects, the breakdown of serotonin. This results in an accumulation of physiologically active amines including dimethyltryptamine (DMT) within the neuronal synapses, which may lead to hallucinations, depression or mania depending on the amines being affected (Strassman, 1990).

Muscarinic cholinergic receptors mediate the effects of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the central and peripheral nervous systems. In the CNS, muscarinic receptors play a central role in mediating cognitive function and are abundant in the forebrain, including the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus and the cerebral cortex. In the PNS, muscarinic receptors mediate parasympathetic activity. Muscarinic receptors are also involved in mediating the actions of acetylcholine on certain organs that are responsive to parasympathetic cholinergic stimulation; for example, they affect the contractibility of smooth muscle in the gastrointestinal tract, the secretion of gastric acid, the force and rate of heart muscle contraction, the secretory activity of exocrine glands that receive parasympathetic innervation, such as the salivary glands, and the constriction of bronchial tissue.

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/...2#ixzz1abMpCAwg

Wow so muscarin of amanita muscaria -- muscarin also acts like pinoline as a MAOI.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/21992-the-secret-of-santa-claus-maoi-inhibitor-mushroom-in-taoism/

This report also confirms increased serotonin in the brain from musicmol which is also the effect of DMT.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23118427/Amanita-Muscaria-Chemistry-Biology-Toxicology-And-Ethnomycology

Ibotenic acid was found to be alpha-amino3-hydroxy-5-isoxazole acetic acid; and muscimol its decarboxylation product 3hydroxy-5-aminomethy1 isoxazole (Eugster 1967; Gagneux et al. 1965b; Konda et al. 1985; Lund 1979). The isoxazole ring (5-membered, with adjacent oxygen and nitrogen atoms) is uncommon in natural products and drugs, and is found in the medicinal MAO-inhibitor isocarboxazid or Marplan (see Chapter 4; Budavari et al. 1989).

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info_ott.shtml

there you go - the detailed proof.

I just logically deduced it from my own analysis.

• Like 1

Strong enough -- salvia induces spirit travel - the salvia pulls the spirit out of the body....

I tried "Salvia" once... I was told it was smoked and had a metallic taste... I smoked it, had no taste, got a mild headache, but experienced nothing out of the ordinary.

When I compress a simple breath in my core, I get better highs than I do from alcohol or tobacco... or apparently salvia.

When I compress a toke of the weed, I can see through reality... or maybe I am hallucinating.

I tried "Salvia" once... I was told it was smoked and had a metallic taste... I smoked it, had no taste, got a mild headache, but experienced nothing out of the ordinary.

When I compress a simple breath in my core, I get better highs than I do from alcohol or tobacco... or apparently salvia.

When I compress a toke of the weed, I can see through reality... or maybe I am hallucinating.

depends on the extract you use - if it even is an extract - also you have to make sure to hold it deep in the lungs - so some say only a vaporizer works....

But when it hits - it's the strong psychedelic known for dosage amount.

can anyone tell me the significance of "soma"?

as far as the drugs already mentioned in this thread, i don't see any of them having more spiritual value than any of the others listed. ephedra, weed, poppy and amanita muscaria are all very minor highs. Potential for spiritual experience is there but none of these are exciting enough to get some grand name like "soma"

This makes me think you haven't done much research into Amanita Muscaria? I don't put into the same category as weed.

I mostly think of poppy as a dreamer, although she is a temptress.

Not that I'm recommending A. Muscaria - I think she falls into the 'approach with respect, sincerity, and humility' category of allies.

Edited by Alchemistgeorge

This makes me think you haven't done much research into Amanita Muscaria? I don't put into the same category as weed.

If you don't consider wildcrafting, preparing, and then consuming a very disgusting brown tea multiple times putting research into it then i guess not. i have taken it twice, i don't get much of a difference in high from that of weed. Minor hallucinations, nothing too crazy at all. i hallucinate more when i smoke too much pot than i do on a quarter of amanitas

If you don't consider wildcrafting, preparing, and then consuming a very disgusting brown tea multiple times putting research into it then i guess not. i have taken it twice, i don't get much of a difference in high from that of weed. Minor hallucinations, nothing too crazy at all. i hallucinate more when i smoke too much pot than i do on a quarter of amanitas

Did you drink your urine? I did. Maybe that was the problem.

You get a much stronger dose if you drink your urine --

Clearly you've been there and done that. No offense intended. My experiences were very different, the preparation method was different. There is a lot of interesting material in the Vaults of Erowid.

Salvia divinorum is abslolutely nothing like marijauana. The more intense either of them get, the more appearently different they are to eachother. At low doses salvia can be cannabisish.

That all looks good on paper about amanita containing an MAO-I, but that it acts as one, Id disagree with.

Passion flower contains an MAO-I. So does tobacco, and honesty many other things do to but they aren't active MAO-I sources for use in blocking the enzyme that breaks down DMT or any thing else. You can smoke a cigarette, and or drink passion flower tea, but you wouldn't have to alter your diet to avoid tyramine or anything, and neither will inhibit the enzyme.

I've heard lots of arguements presented about dmt use in north africa, the mid east europe etc, that Jesus did aya'...none of the plants outside of the americas contain enough DMT to really use as an enthegen.

There are potent enough sourced of MAO-I's over there. Namely Pegenum Harmala.

Pengenum Harmal grows around north Africa and the middle east, probably into south eastern Europe. Its use and trade was pretty wide spread all over the place though, for its use as a dye. The color it produces, and the common name of the plant is "syrian rue".

These are a potent mao-i. According to the info above, a.muscaria has a similar compound to the harmala alkaloids, but that doesn't mean it is in as high a concentration as it is in the seeds of the syrian rue plant.

Syrian rue is active at doses starting around 2 g. Not much at all, a small handfull of seeds. Since there is not a fixxed ammount per seed, there is not an exact dose of seeds but between 2 to 3.5 grams is plenty.

Taking more and more of an MAO-I does not make it more potent, it acts like a switch that allows other things to get you high so you only need enough to activate the switch. The high from the MAO-I itself is incredibly mild to non-existant.

Psilohuasca is a candidate for soma. Psilohuasca would be an ayahuasca analog. An MAO-I is taken about an hour before psilocybin containing mushrooms are ingested.

The effects of the mushrooms are doubled by the MAO-I, and the MAO-I ads its own effect to the trip, a real sense of ancientness or something like that.

It might be that if there is any truth to the existence of Soma that it was similar enough to ayahuasca in that it was not at all a straight forward mix, but a brew containing many alkaloid containing plants and fungi, that togeather had a synergisic effect. But like Aya' there would be the two main ingredients; an MAO-I, and nn DMT, but in the case of an old world it would be an MAO-I, 4OH-DMT and 4PO-DMT (psilocin & psilicybin), instead of DMT, plus what ever else they had laying around.

Probably included some datura/belladonna.

Papaver Somniferum.

A candidate for 'soma'.

Main thing is with all these 'recreational pharmaceuticals' lads...

Just say "No".

Anybody who needs a chemical crutch to cultivate aint cultivating properly.

That shit'll waste your time, your health and your energy.

Edited by GrandmasterP

That archeologist mentioned in the article? His name is Viktor Sarianidi, not Sariandidi... Just mentionin...