Sign in to follow this  
becomethepath

spontatenously hearing this really high pitch virbration/ noise?

All the cyclists were listening to high

frequency instrumental music designed to relax and recharge their heart and

muscles.

Tania Gabrielle, “The Secret Power of Words and Music for Stress Reduction,” Art Abundance.

The Tomatis Method verified that listening happens first through the bones which can also perceive ultrasound frequencies – the ear drum reverberates sound waves through the dense bone structure!

Komisaruk BR, Whipple B, Crawford A, Liu WC, Kalnin A, & Mosier K (2004). Brain activation during

vaginocervical self-stimulation and orgasm in women with complete spinal cord injury: fMRI evidence of mediation

by the vagus nerves. Brain research, 1024 (1-2), 77-88

Dr. Stephen W. Porges, author of The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication,

and Self-regulation (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology), 2011, also argues that autism

is from a dysfunction of the vagus nerve which regulates the right brain emotions.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

You might be hearing some instances the of ida or pingala nadi flow... if the pitch is very very high and around the upper inside and center of your head it may be the sushumna current which takes place when ida and pingala balance out. (I've heard such on and off depending on my state of being for around 40 years, an advanced yogi might be able to determine such for you, note: these are not things to mess around without expert guidance) Tinnitus is also a possibility.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

I get this too - its mainly the exit of the shakti - she says this to me - she is like a whirling dervish - flitting to and fro, bouncing from person to person as she does...she is on the move! She goes from one friend to the next, bringing them enlightenment in small doses...there are many of them - spirits that have attained go into our brains and stir the pot, stay for a while, then leave. It goes on and on and on...Maybe every fortnight or so you will hear this extreme whistle as the holy ghost enters your brain stuff and hangs out with you and then leafs away on the wind like a leaf! They go hither and thither...they like us all...but they spend more time in some of us than others....they see what we are capable of and try their hardest to make amends. Spirits exist, yes!

• Like 1

It's tinnitus

Can a 5 year old have tinnitus? Because I've been hearing this high frequency at least since I was 5 years old.

I remember in the night, if I could concentrate really hard and listen, the high frequency sound would appear.

It is everyting and no-ting....silence is the sound of 30,000 "tiny hair cells in the inner ear (cochlea nerve). These inner ear hair cells move from sound wave activity. The movement of these hair cells causes a transmission of an electrical signal from the auditory nerve to your brain. Sound is processed and hearing takes place. If these inner ear hair cells are broken or damaged they can "leak" random electrical impulses to your brain causing tinnitus." - Northwest Professional Hearing...

Now there is this, but there is also the Shakti making entrance through the auditory canal, straight into the brain. When she comes in you can hear many fun things - beyond crickets, chirping, etc. She also makes loud whistles when she leaves too!

How do I know this? I am Shakti (sometimes)...

this is a miracle of illusions...no one knows dees stuff but you..

so many possibilities, so little time to expand the probabilities

Can a 5 year old have tinnitus? Because I've been hearing this high frequency at least since I was 5 years old.

I remember in the night, if I could concentrate really hard and listen, the high frequency sound would appear.

That's called meditation! haha. Inner sound meditation - monks describe this. There's a monk who teaches to listen to the highest pitch sound you can hear - only internally - and as I stated - that means you are creating ultrasound. Ultrasound creates acoustic cavitation bubbles which implode into light. Sonoluminescence.

• Like 1

He said that

he had begun to notice the high-pitched, ringing tone

when he left Thailand in 1977 and spent his first

winter in England, in the Hampstead Buddhist Vihara.

He pointed out that, as Thailand was such a noisy

country, particularly amidst the crickets and cicadas

in the forest at night (when one does most formal

meditation practice), that he had not noticed this inner

sound before. However, when he came to London,

despite being a large metropolis, he found that it

became very quiet late at night, especially when the

air was muffled by the presence of a blanket of snow.

In the silence of those nights he began to perceive

the ever-present inner sound, seemingly

beginningless and endless, and he soon found that

he was able to discern it throughout the day, and in

many circumstances, whether quiet or busy.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

I always use the practice of listening to the sound of

silence — that subtle, continuous inner ringing tone

in the background of experience — because every

time I open the mind, that’s what I hear. Its presence

contains and embraces the body, the emotional quality

Intuitive Awareness 55

or the thinking mind all at once.

• Like 1

cosmic hum, a scintillating almost electric background

sound. Even though it’s going on all the time we don’t

generally notice it, but when your mind is open and

relaxed you begin to hear it. I found this a very useful

reference because in order to hear it, to notice it, you

have to be in a relaxed state of awareness. People

try to find this on a descriptional level. They go on a

ten day retreat trying to find the sound of silence and

then they say “ I can’t hear it, what’s wrong with me?”

They are trying to find some thing. But it’s not some

thing you have to find — rather you just open to it: it’s

the ability to listen, with your mind in a receptive state,

which makes it possible to hear the sound of silence.

You’re not trying to solve any problems but just

listening. You’re putting your mind into a state of

receptive awareness. It’s awareness that is willing to

receive whatever is, and one of the things you begin

to recognise in that, is the sound of silence.

Some people become averse to the sound of silence.

One woman started hearing it and she wanted it to

stop, so she resisted it. She said, “I used to have

peaceful meditations. Now all I hear is that blasted

sound and I’m trying to stop it. Before I never heard it,

now I sit down and immediately I hear zzzz.”

• Like 1

If you think about it, think of it in terms of being

like a blessing, grace, or a lovely kind of feeling, of

being opened, rather than as a buzz in the ear, in

which case you think that its tinnitus or some diseases.

If you start contemplating it as the sound of angels, a

cosmic or primordial sound, blessing every moment

as we open to it, we then feel this sense of being

blessed. So reflecting in this way, in a positive way

toward it, helps us to take an interest in it and get a

good feeling from it.

Listening to the sound of silence you can begin to

contemplate non-thinking, because when you are just

listening to the cosmic sound, there is no thought, it’s

like this — emptiness, no-self.

• Like 1

what is this high pitch frequency? I hear it randomly, sometimes in one ear, sometimes both, doesn't happen everyday but it happens infrequently and randomly and last for a few seconds 3-8 seconds

it sounds like those dog whistles i guess, but more sharper and clearer

i can feel my ear "pop" not really pop but i feel a slight change in my ear, i dont know how to describe it

Trace it to its source and find the Tao.

Dude, that's tinnitus. The only cosmic sounds I've heard of that can be considered outside regular human experience are those sought after through meditation... You may slip into a meditative state every once in awhile and hear ringing but I doubt it. The shabd yoga masters are the ones who lay claim to hearing the great OM.... The only sound that I'm familiar with that has a spiritual significance tied to it. You can learn from one of these masters in India probably, but they have to want to teach you of course, as the practice is considered extremely sacred and for the most noble and compassionate.

My tinnitus is very easy to distinguish from cosmic and spiritual influences.

For one, my tinnitus is a low, droning, consistent and constant hum which is arely audiable to me and consists of mixed tones "outside my hearing range"... basically, its feedback from the tones I "lost" when my hearing "swelled up", for lack of a better description.

the crystal clear PING with infinite reverberation.... this is spiritual, or possibly a star being born or going supernova (the difference is which side of the "ping" you're on! :lol:) and far removed from the consistent and constant and predictable hums (which is my personal internal radio, I can hear any song I know I can think).

Tinnitus is consistent.

Spontaniously hearing really high pitch virbrations, or "pings" is not tinnitus. not unless it is constant and happens within a timing which is consistent.

I have no idea if this is related or not, but something I read this evening reminded me of this post.

There are many ancient energetic traditions that teach the art and skill of "Hearing the Sounds of the Universe." Several ancient Daoist traditions
acknowledge the tinnitus-like sound vibrations that resonate within the individual's ears while in deep Shengong meditations. These rushing
sounds have been described as "the hiss of the dragon and roar of the tiger," "the sound of one thousand crickets singing," and "the song of ten
thousand cicadas." It is believed that the sound of this vibration is actually the "divine sound of creation," and that this sound is further divided
into 72 levels of resonation...,

CMQT Vol 2; page 172 Jerry Alan Johnson

I thought it was pretty interesting.

On a side note my roomate's tinnitus gets 100 times worse if there are loud screechy sounds around, such as a friend's canary. He has had it for decades. He doesn't meditate or do any sort of spiritual practice btw.

I have no idea if this is related or not, but something I read this evening reminded me of this post.

I thought it was pretty interesting.

On a side note my roomate's tinnitus gets 100 times worse if there are loud screechy sounds around, such as a friend's canary. He has had it for decades. He doesn't meditate or do any sort of spiritual practice btw.

Ah.. crickets and cicadas would be a very accurate description of what I used to hear during and after meditation, used to think it was tinnitus even though I never had the condition, haha. Never thought I'd read it on paper somewhere with those exact words.

Sign in to follow this