ion

Jesus was a Tao Bum

ha ha, brilliant.

everyone knows that if you have a PHD, everything you say must be right.

To be fair cat their are many who say Jesus never existed, I also don't believe he existed. A story, like many others stories, but this story has evolved into a successful business concern; very entertaining too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gjazwwq954

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

To be fair cat their are many who say Jesus never existed, I also don't believe he existed. A story, like many others stories, but this story has evolved into a successful business concern; very entertaining too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gjazwwq954

Namaste,

gentlewind

Gentlewind, :)

Do you think there are more people who say that Jesus didn't exist, or more people that say that aliens don't exist?

Only on Tao Bums do you find an "alien abductee" supporting the idea that Jesus does not exist.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28569-defense-minister-of-canada-discloses-cooperation-with-aliens/?p=439007

Do I believe that off planet beings exist - yes. I've been an abductee since the age of 5 or 6. I've had an off planet being materialize in my house. They also tamper with my dreams, and give me what I call 'screen dreams'. I wake up with needle marks and bruises and other strange markings.

:blink:

• Like 2

That's okay. Jesus never said that Columbia PhD in Ancient History, Richard Carrier existed either.

Actually he does mention the existence of Columbia PhD in Ancient History Richard Carrier some were toward the end of the Gospel of Luke, but only very briefly. Its really easy to miss it.

Edited by ion

I suspect Jesus came from a different tradition something originating from the Egyptian Priests or Essenes, although if you read the Gnostic Gospels some of them do sound quite Taoist, the Gospel of Philip talks about going beyond dualities and trancending pairs of opposites to find reality.

• Like 1

I don't believe jesus was invented, but it's possible his teachings were modified to suit an agenda... but then we always have the option of just taking notice of what came from Christ's mouth in the gospels rather than the rest of it...

Like Jetsun pointed out, he was part of the essene's, this was a sect within and without Judaism, they were not fully accepted by the rest as they considered all of the holy books to be valid and truth, including the indian, far east ones etc.. so that means Christ accepted hinduism and buddhism... plus probably daoism.. truth is truth no matter where it is found.. if someone has the means by which to discern truth from falsehood then they can see what's what from any text of any tradition..

Peace

• Like 1

Sorry just realised i repeated some of what ion said.. hadn't read it when i posted.. oops..

I'll say that one can treat Christ as a guru.. in the sense of connecting with his energy when meditating etc and if you are truly sincere he will appear to you and help you....

Peace

• Like 3

Gentlewind, :)

Do you think there are more people who say that Jesus didn't exist, or more people that say that aliens don't exist?

Only on Tao Bums do you find an "alien abductee" supporting the idea that Jesus does not exist.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28569-defense-minister-of-canada-discloses-cooperation-with-aliens/?p=439007

:blink:

Having researched how the New Testament was put together I have no problem not believing in that story. People who need to believe in stories, thats fine for them as thats were they are at.

As for off planet beings, well, having been abducted by them I know they are real. But this is the Jesus thread, so keep it to Jesus! Although their is a school of thought which says JC is an alien! Maybe its a win win situation for certain parties!

Namaste,

gentlewind

I stumbled on this looking for something else. It's called Immortal Mary & Christ the Tao. I'm going to print this and frame it. I thought you might like it.

chin-mary-child.jpg

• Like 2

My understanding is that mainstream scholars do not view the Gospels as histories. They also do not believe that Jesus is God.

Having researched how the New Testament was put together I have no problem not believing in that story. People who need to believe in stories, thats fine for them as thats were they are at.

As for off planet beings, well, having been abducted by them I know they are real. But this is the Jesus thread, so keep it to Jesus! Although their is a school of thought which says JC is an alien! Maybe its a win win situation for certain parties!

Namaste,

gentlewind

Hi Gentle Wind :)

I couldn't agree with you more. I do not believe anything that someone has written, much less any ancient text which many hands have forged and manipulated. When I first read the Old Testament and then the New, I wondered where the saying "an eye for an eye" went. I have never believed any of the Bibles because they were just too abstruse and non-sensical. Then, I heard that 'they' cut out the part about reincarnation!! My interpretation was that it is easier to manipulate people if they think that they don't get a second or many chances.. I try to stay away from religion, especially organized religion because I have always seen it as a political tool which is used to manipulate people. That said, there is still some good in everything, even if religion creates a desire to know the truth, then it has some value..

Any ancient book should be examined very closely and taken with a huge bowl of salt. Any time you interpret a language, much of the meaning is lost. Anything written was written from the mentality of the current culture, and quite frankly, unless you lived it yourself, much of the background and perspective is lost. I try to believe only 10% of what is written in a book, if that. This is where scholars and historians fall down flat on their faces. They build sand castles out of other's sand castles. The only proof is to find out for yourself. A good example of a loss through translation is even the phrase "Baissez mes fesses" in French. In English it is often translated as "Kiss my ass", but that is not correct. In French, it literally means "kiss my cheeks". How much is lost in the translation? (kind of gives another meaning to "turn the other cheek", doesn't it? :)

So, I think you are trying to prove the existence of Jesus by looking at Bibles. That is like trying to realize how a BMW actually drives by reading the shop manual. (although the shop manual is probably way more accurate than a Bible).

So, I'm going to tell you a true story. You will see, we are both somehow in the same boat.

"When I was growing up, there was this girl who we termed a "Jesus Freak". She loved the Lord. We all thought that she was a little off. However, she lived a block away from my house and was in my grade at school so I got to know her somewhat, and all her friends..

After moving away from my home town I ran into her again years later and she was still "praising the Lord". So, this time I decided to check out what she was into. She was going to the Victory Christian Centre in Edmonton. She invited me to go to church with her and her friends, so I went.

After a few Sundays of going to church and to one 'rock concert that praised the Lord', she invited me to go with them on a Wednesday night. They were going to pray in the church and then go downtown and 'minister to the homeless'.. I thought "this should be interesting" so I went.

We arrived at the church and she told me that I had to make an effort to meet Jesus. There were only 10 or so people in the church and it was mostly empty, dark and quiet. I went and sat alone about 5 benches from the front on the right hand side.

Then I decided to make a real effort to contact Jesus. I raised my right hand high into the air and asked Jesus to come and make his presence known.

Shortly after, I saw a bright light in my mind's eye, off to the right, high above. I watched it. It got bigger and turned into a face. The face had a beard, long brown hair and it was smiling at me. Gradually the face and the surrounding white light kept descending until It became the whole body of Jesus, wearing red and white robes. Golden light was streaming out from his aura. He held out his hands towards me and said "You are saved".

Well holy crow! I couldn't move. Waves of energy were flowing through me, up and down. I could not feel my body. Tears started streaming down my face. I kept wondering, why me? I don't deserve this, I'm nobody. I don't even believe in the bible. This can't be happening to me..

The amount of power I felt from Jesus was unbelievable. I felt like a little pin prick of light compared to his power. I felt that he could create universes in the blink of an eye. I was awe struck! Unbelievable! Wow! What can I say.

After about 40 minutes of lala land, my friends came over to me and said that we had to go. I gradually came out of this blissfull stupified paralysis and could now move my body. I then told them what had happened. They said that they knew what was going on and that they also had been praying for me to meet Jesus.. (many choruses of "Praise the Lord" came from their mouths).

Then, we drove downtown in Edmonton and parked in an alley by this little white old house. We went in through the back door. I asked my friend what we were doing there. She said that they were going to do a healing. As I walked into the back porch, there was a guy sitting on the freezer. I said "Hi" but he ignored me. We went into the little run-down house and sat in the living room. The place was a dump. Then someone brought in a wooden chair and placed it in the middle of the living room. Then, my friend went out and came back into the room with the guy who sitting on the freezer. She introduced him as "Fred". She said that he was deaf and dumb, could not hear or speak since he had an industrial accident five years ago. She sat him on the chair and then everyone in the room started praying for him and holding up their hands towards him or putting their hands on him. I did the same from afar. Then they started praying. This went on for about 20 minutes.

After a while someone said "Fred, how are you feeling?" and he turned his head and looked at her. Then he said "I feel fine". Then he realized that he had just heard and could speak. Well, I've never seen anyone so happy in life before. Everyone just freaked out! There was jumping up and down, screaming of "Praise the Lord", smiles, laughter, a regular party!

Then Fred proceeded to tell us his life's story. How he had been in an accident while working on construction, how he couldn't speak or hear after that, how he had then lost his job, his family, and everything else in his life..

The whole thing was so unbelievable to me that my mind just couldn't accept it. I thought that they had planned the whole thing, that it was a setup, an act that they did just to impress me. That's what my mind did. But deep down, I knew that I had just witnessed a miracle..

Needless to say, it was quite a Wednesday night, back in 1988.

Ever since then, there is allot more that has happened, but any time I say "I ask for love and protection from God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit", I am engulfed in a cloud of tingles and I know that I've been blessed. Since then, anytime I think of Jesus, he is always there, and he seems to be always in the same location in my mind's eye.

The Holy Spirit is an entirely different thing. I don't think it is kundalini because it is top down.

The following Sunday, after meeting Jesus, I went to church again. When I walked in I could see a white pair of wings in a round star of light up high on the left of the congregation. It was shooting beams of light at people and after the beam landed, the people had wings or mustaches of white light on the tops of their heads. I wondered what was going on. We all sat down and then the sermon started. It was a sermon about the Holy Ghost.

At one point in the sermon, the parson/preacher/minister made everyone stand up and ask for the Holy Ghosts' blessings. We all held hands. Suddenly, there was a popping sound above above my head and it felt like someone had cracked an egg on the top of my head. Then this liquid honey (not sure what it was but that's what it felt like) slowly drained down from the top of my head on the inside of my head, into my chest. Then this voice sounded out and it said, "you can speak in tongues". So I tried, and yes, this bunch of words and phrases came out of my mouth, but I had no idea what it meant, still don't. After church, my friends asked me what happened and I told them. Then, they said that they had been praying for me to receive tongues..

So, if I had to give any advice, I would say that you have to make an effort to contact Jesus. There are so many stories about people who have met Jesus, in their times of need, trying to commit suicide or being alone and silent that I believe that Jesus will appear to anyone who seeks him, and sometimes even when you are not seeking him! I think that sincere effort is the key, and perhaps having friends to pray for you might help too.."

These experiences actually happened to me. They were by far the most memorable experiences in this life.

If there is a universal mind, and we are infinite being, then yes, I agree with you. The mind will manifest in such a way as to paint the picture with a cultural brush..

That said, I am not religious, nor do I go to church nowadays. Those events occured over 24 years ago. But Jesus is always there. It is true, anyone can have a personal relationship with Jesus if they so desire.

So when I read these posts about how scholars and historians have 'proven' that Jesus did not exist, I laugh to myself. All it reveals is the inadequacy of the written word and the foibles of the human mind.

The proof is in the pudding. I wonder why they themselves just don't make an effort to meet Jesus and then they would see for themselves. It must be harder to do that when they've armed their conceptual minds with so much garbage artillery, to which they cling desperately.

I also find that it is so hypocritical when posters from other 'religions' ( or non-religions) believe in their own 'Gods' but deny others because they are not of the same 'religion'. God, Emptiness, Allah, Presence, Buddha, Lao Tzu etc will all manifest in their own way, in their own culture, in their own heart. What people have written about them isn't accurate at all. Instead of being devisive, we should all strive to be more understanding.

:)

TI

• Like 5

Hi Tibetan_Ice,

It's an interesting story.

How come that after meeting Jesus, you went into samatha/vipassana ? Something was lacking?

Thanks

Hi TI,

Thank you for sharing your experience. And thank you for sharing it with me many years ago. If you hadn't originally suggested it, I probably would have never thought to reach out to Jesus (or any other realized or divine being) and my life would be much poorer.

As you know, Jesus, Krishna and Buddha all exist. One can find them easily once you notice the inner heart.

Peace,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

I agree with you guys about not believing that the gospels/new testament are entirely manipulated into something it wasn't, however, the romans/catholic church didn't pull it out of thin air. Jesus's followers wrote several gospels only 4 were used and I believe are basicly forgeries, but the new testament that was put togeather happened years after Jesus death and years after christianity in its pure form was spread. The early christians were generally gnostics. As far as being divinely inspired and without fault, well I wouldn't say that. I did my own research using things from the 4 gospels that give hints at dates. There are some in John where he says something like, "On about the third hour of the 4th day of the passover...:So I thought it would be interesting to try to figure that out and find out what was going on astrologicaly at that moment, but in my research I found that Jesus's apostles didn't even know how old he was, and appearently made some other mistakes. Heres an example from Luke:

In the fifteenth year of Tiberius Caesar’s reign—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene—

You should be able to cross reference all that to get a fairly precise date. Heres another, also from Luke:

2 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.)

That was also written in luke 1 that Herod was king at the time. Anyone with the internet should be able to research and find exactly when that was, but what I found that because some say that Jesus was as old as two when the census took place that the the first census was taken at what we believe to be 6 or 8 bc, not in the year 0 or 1. Shortly after that I foundd this:

Researching the deeper layers of the soil, two earthquakes were detected by looking at the layers of built-up sediment, called varves, which built up each year.

A widespread earthquake is known to have happened in 31BC, and another one was detected which must have occured between 26AD and 36AD.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2149750/Jesus-died-Friday-April-3-33AD-claim-researchers-tie-earthquake-data-gospels-date.html#ixzz2Z3JXusmy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In Mathew its written that there was an earthquake at the moment of his death, but because he was born in either 6 or 8bc according to the facts about the census, that would make jesus about 40 at the time of his death, not "about 30" like Luke said, and not "33" like John said.

So the bible obviously has some false hoods, and shouldnt be taken as fact, but I do believe there was a real guy who is nothing like the christian churches image who had a following of gnostics and mystic types. Although there is not a lot of historical data to back up his existence, the Jewish historian Josephus wrote quite a bit about John the Baptist who I get the impression was much more well known then jesus himself, " All the people in the land of Judea went to the Jordan to be baptised." And also that the govenor desperately wanted John Baptist imprisoned, John was accosted by soldiers, and Herods daughter wanted his head on a plate. Jesus on the other hand was not that well known. Pontious Pilate never heard of him but crucified him for the sake of the Pharisees who wanted him dead but had to have the romans ddo the killing for him.

What Im saying is I think it makes more sense that John would have been written about but not Jesus because I dont think Jesus became a popular icon until just before, but mainly after his death so there is little to no record of him. But there are several gospels, like 30 or something that have surfaced in the recent past that are all very differnt then the four that were selected when they cannonized those scriptures. At that time alot of the hebrew bible was taken out and considered apocraphal. Whats funny about that is thenew testement have jesus and his apostles making direct quotes and references to thos books that the church dismisses. Enoch was removed but is quoted, and Solomons book that portrays him as a sorcerer with a magic ring.

I cant for the life of me figure out why the Romans/catholics would have forged certain things that Jesus said because it attacks the foundations of govt, economy and institutions in general. I do believe that there was stronger statements he made that aren't in there for one reson or another. I think there were reasons the pharisees asked him if he thought it was wrong to pay taxes and that they expected and wanted him to say "Yes".

15 Then the Pharisees went and consulted and plotted together how they might entangle Jesus in His talk.

16 And they sent their disciples to Him along with the Herodians, saying, Teacher, we know that You are [b]sincere and what You profess to be and that You teach the way of God truthfully, regardless of consequences and being afraid of no man; for You are impartial and do not regard either the person or the position of anyone.

17 Tell us then what You think about this: Is it lawful to pay tribute [levied on individuals and to be paid yearly] to Caesar or not?

18 But Jesus, aware of their malicious plot, asked, Why do you put Me to the test and try to entrap Me, you pretenders (hypocrites)?

19 Show me the money used for the tribute. And they brought Him a denarius.

20 And Jesus said to them, Whose likeness and title are these?

21 They said, Caesar’s. Then He said to them, Pay therefore to Caesar the things that are due to Caesar, and pay to God the things that are due to God.

22 When they heard it they were amazed and marveled; and they left Him and departed.

I think they wanted/expected him to say that it was wrong so that they could legaly have him tried and killed.

The entirity of the beatitudes and the fact that he told people to give all there stuff away and follow him into homelessness is non authoritarian and detrimental to the functioning of the empire and I dont believe was superimposed but but yes, I agree, the new testament has been manipulated and Paul was definitly no master of metaphysics and his ramblings are not paralell to the utterances of Jesus.

• Like 1

Hi Tibetan_Ice,

It's an interesting story.

How come that after meeting Jesus, you went into samatha/vipassana ? Something was lacking?

Thanks

Hi Bubbles :)

I have always been a seeker. I was seeking long before meeting Jesus and I've had some very interesting experiences since.

Jesus is not the only one who can appear in the astral realm, Sri Anandi Ma, Dhyan Yogi and CN Norbu are some others. And, Sri Anandi Ma can manifest a beautiful red rose in the astral too. The Dalai Lama can make appearances too. I've also seen a fat Buddha who drew little pictures backwards (from bottom to top) but I don't know who he is/was. Actually, there are so many beings in the other planes that it is almost unfathomable, not just saints and holy people. We are not alone. There are so many mysteries to be solved!

I get a great deal of satisfaction when I learn a technique, apply it and it works. For example, the best method for activating the third eye for visions seems to be (for me) to visualize the letter A in a multi-colored bull's eye target just behind the brow and then subvocalize the sound AAAAAA once, when lying in bed before falling asleep. Once I do that, a little 'tv screen' appears with differing scenes.. (and no commercials!). I pick a scene that appeals to me and proceed to explore it. I seem to find great joy in learning these techniques, especially when they work. I must admit, though, after a while it all seems meaningless. It appears to be infinite.

However, I still have a monkey mind, and I am torn by desires and still have an insatiable desire to know the 'theory' behind the magic. Each practice reveals its own secrets. Mastering the jhanas has been a goal of mine for a long time. I've also wanted to be a healer for as long as I can remember, perhaps because most of my relatives and family have died from suicide or cancer when I was younger.

Life is one big mystery and I want to know it all. I'm not going to stop until I'm enlightened.

:)

TI

• Like 2

Ion, couldn't agree more about Christ and non-authoritarianism.. he was heavily against the 'tax collector' government.. in fact what we see now as government is nothing more than an extension of the roman empire he spoke out against.

Peace

• Like 1

Ion, couldn't agree more about Christ and non-authoritarianism.. he was heavily against the 'tax collector' government.. in fact what we see now as government is nothing more than an extension of the roman empire he spoke out against.

Peace

Im thinking there is more evidence that He was more against the Jewish religious community as it was at that time than the Roman empire specifically. The Roman empire was the status quo of the day.

2. Jesus Corrected and Confronted Directly: Jesus directly confronted false teachers in the church with the repetitious, “Woe to you…hypocrites.” When they came to trick Him, Jesus frequently silenced the Chief Priests, Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees but putting them in their place with Scripture. On one occasion He came right out and said, “You’re wrong, not knowing the Scriptures or the power of God.” Jesus was not afraid to tell people–in the most confrontational way–”You’re wrong.”

The thrust of the new testament was towards reforming the "church" and working out a new covenant, not overthrowing Rome or defeating taxation.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

He mentions the 'tax collectors' many times and was against the Roman occupation of Israel. No doubt he was against the Jewish teachers as well.

Peace

• Like 1

Jesus explicitly said to obey the Roman government and pay their taxes:

"render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s"

Mathey 22:21, Luke 20:20-26, Mark 12:13-17

yes, the coin had a picture of ceaser on it, the coins were produced and distributed by ceaser as currency in his empire. Now Jesus was making the point that it is ceasers system and not God's system.. remember the first commandment, you shall have no God's before me... it is God's law, not man made system's laws that are important..

Hope this makes sense?

Peace

• Like 1

yes, the coin had a picture of ceaser on it, the coins were produced and distributed by ceaser as currency in his empire. Now Jesus was making the point that it is ceasers system and not God's system.. remember the first commandment, you shall have no God's before me... it is God's law, not man made system's laws that are important..

Hope this makes sense?

Peace

That's not correct. I used to be an evangelical Christian actually.

Okay mate, calm down some dude.. well, i don't really care for the official doctrine.. i think it has been modified..

How did you being a 'evangelical' christian make known to you the true original and authentic 'interpretation' ??

Peace

• Like 1

Pharisees were trying to trap Jesus into being a tax avoider and a rebel. But Jesus says to pay the tax and obey.

15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said. And they sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any. Tell us then, what do You think? Is it lawful to give a poll-tax to Caesar, or not?” 18 But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, “Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? Show Me the coin used for the poll-tax.” And they brought Him a denarius. And He said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They *said to Him, “Caesar’s.” Then He *said to them, “Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s; and to God the things that are God’s.” And hearing this, they were amazed, and leaving Him, they went away.

--------Matthew 22:15-22

"13 Then they *sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Him in order to trap Him in a statement. 14 They *came and said to Him, “Teacher, we know that You are truthful and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any, but teach the way of God in truth. Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not? 15 Shall we pay or shall we not pay?” But He, knowing their hypocrisy, said to them, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denarius to look at.” 16 They brought one. And He said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” And they said to Him, “Caesar’s.” 17 And Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were amazed at Him.

-------Mark 12:13-17

Edited by alwayson