Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

20140806_obamainequality_0.jpg

A reminder of the irony... One can read 696 page neo-Marxist tomes "explaining" inequality in a way only an economist could - by ignoring the untold destruction economists themselves have unleashed on society with their "scientific theories" (and providing a "solution" to the inequality problem which we warned readers was coming back in September of 2011) or one can read the following 139 words by Elliott's Paul Singer which in two short paragraphs explains everything one needs to know about America's record class inequality, including precisely who is the man responsible:

Inequality in the U.S. today is near its historical highs, largely because the Federal Reserve’s policies have succeeded in achieving their aim: namely, higher asset prices (especially the prices of stocks, bonds and high-end real estate), which are generally owned by taxpayers in the upper-income brackets. The Fed is doing all the work, because the President’s policies are growth-suppressive. In the absence of the Fed’s moneyprinting and ZIRP, the economy would either be softer or actually in a new recession.

The greatest irony is that the President is railing against inequality as one of the most important problems of the day, despite the fact that his policies are squeezing the middle class and causing the Fed – with the President’s encouragement – to engage in the radical monetary policy, which is exacerbating inequality. This simple truth cannot be repeated often enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that said, only can only blame the puppet so far, for his limbs and mouth only perform the actions that the strings dictate...

• Like 1

oh i was feeling a bit nostalgic about some of the golden moments of the decline

and my roomie shared this with me

I guess just about all one can say in his defense is

"well, at least he didnt create the federal reserve act for health insurers"

like much of anything else is defensible.

Judge-Illegal.jpg

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 4

$1 Trillion Trove of Rare Minerals Revealed Under Afghanistan

Afghanistan may be sitting on one of the richest troves of minerals in the world, valued at nearly $1 trillion, according to U.S. scientists.

Afghanistan, a country nearly the size of Texas, is loaded with minerals deposited by the violent collision of the Indian subcontinent with Asia. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) began inspecting what mineral resources Afghanistan had after U.S.-led forces drove the Taliban from power in the country in 2004. As it turns out, the Afghanistan Geological Survey staff had kept Soviet geological maps and reports up to 50 years old or more that hinted at a geological gold mine.

In 2006, U.S. researchers flew airborne missions to conduct magnetic, gravity and hyperspectral surveys over Afghanistan.

The magnetic surveys probed for iron-bearing minerals up to 6 miles (10 kilometers) below the surface, while the gravity surveys tried to identify sediment-filled basins potentially rich in oil and gas. The hyperspectral survey looked at the spectrum of light reflected off rocks to identify the light signatures unique to each mineral. More than 70 percent of the country was mapped in just two months.

The surveys verified all the major Soviet finds. Afghanistan may hold 60 million tons of copper, 2.2 billion tons of iron ore, 1.4 million tons of rare earth elements such as lanthanum, cerium and neodymium, and lodes of aluminum, gold, silver, zinc, mercury and lithium. For instance, the Khanneshin carbonatite deposit in Afghanistan's Helmand province is valued at $89 billion, full as it is with rare earth elements. "Afghanistan is a country that is very, very rich in mineral resources," Jack Medlin, a geologist and program manager of the U.S. Geological Survey's Afghanistan project, told Live Science. "We've identified the potential for at least 24 world-class mineral deposits." The scientists' work was detailed in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Science.

In 2010, the USGS data attracted the attention of the U.S. Department of Defense's Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO), which is entrusted with rebuilding Afghanistan. The task force valued Afghanistan's mineral resources at $908 billion, while the Afghan government's estimate is $3 trillion.

PQhdJE6.jpg

Hmm, *surprise, surprise* gee, how convenient... :rolleyes:

MvLuM0p.jpg

u7uRq6Y.jpg

bPFoGGP.jpg

Edited by vortex
  • Like 2

which is why the ukraine situation is happening also, because if not for frackable land and the chance to cause russia some inconvenience in selling gas to europe...

well, all Vlad has to do is say,

"gazprom will be most happy to take payments for gas in gold, thank you"

which would automatically mean someone in NATO presses a red button,

no different if there was actually some sort of margin call for the connected, at the end of a day.

speaking of which, how's humana care, I hear their stuff's up over 400% since Obamacare was illegally rammed through the government.

• Like 1

greeeeat, so obama announces they're going to infect the us military with ebola now :rolleyes: I'm sure those folks will get leave real soon after returning from ebola-land.

"Recent massive displays of military grade weaponry is quite alarming to politicians," said Kraska. "However, this has been going on since the late 1980's, long before 9/11. Military surplus like heavy weaponry, sniper rifles and armored personnel carriers have been transferred directly to police departments; and more recently, the Department of Homeland Security has funded the purchase of the same types of military gear and hardware. The bigger issue is the disconcerting blurring of the distinction between military and police. A clear distinction between police and military is a hallmark feature of democratic governance."

America's donning its hood

The Evil has taken The Good

And up in the sky

We watched freedom die

At the place where the towers once stood

The Limerick King

6135153150_e80b0171e7_b.jpg

When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page (30), [Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI] said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” (31)
"So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming" - Dick Cheney. (32)

(from 2006 but of course that page is gone)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

the decline keeps sliding

the slide, i almost even thought about getting a job last week

i shudder at the thought and worse it looks like we are heading towards war

not just any war but maybe the war

ya'll hear that a chinese submarine may be able to leave shanghai and arrive in the san francisco bay in 2 hours?

its hard to describe the rattlesnakes confusion

then there is

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-10/putin-oil-deals-with-exxon-shell-imperiled-by-sanctions.html

• Like 1

government & oligarchy, those connected = more safe (but still not completely)

everyone else = MUCH less safe

we all know law doesnt apply to you if you have enough money...

thermite_wtc.jpg

imo, 7 is plenty enough for one to realize it was all a setup. it takes a little more knowledge and investigation for 1 & 2, since they actually had impacts, even though the preponderance of evidence points straight at setup there also.

Here is a list of 24 facts that cannot be debunked about 9/11.

1) Nano Thermite was found in the dust at Ground Zero. Peer reviewed in the Bentham Open Chemical Physics Journal. ‘Niels Harrit’, ‘Thermite Bentham’, “The great thermate debate” Jon Cole, ‘Iron rich spheres’ Steven Jones, ‘Limited Metallurgical Examination (FEMA C-13, Appendix C-6)’. ‘Nano Tubes’

2) 1700+ Engineers and Architects support a real independent 9/11 investigation. Richard Gage, Founder. ‘Explosive Evidence’, ‘Blueprint for Truth’, ‘AE911′, ‘Toronto Hearings’, ‘Kevin Ryan’.

3) The total collapse of WTC 7 in 6.5 seconds at free fall acceleration (NIST admits 2.25 seconds). Larry Silverstein used the term “Pull it”. Steel framed high rise buildings have NEVER totally collapsed from fire or structural damage. Builidng 7 was not hit by a plane. ‘Building 7′, ‘WTC 7′.

4) Dick Cheney was in command of NORAD on 9/11 while running war games. ‘Stand down order’. “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary?”. Norman Minetta testimony. “Gave order to shootdown Flight 93.”, ‘NORAD Drills’.

5) 6 out of the 10 Commissioners believe the 9/11 Commission report was “Setup to fail” Co-Chairs Hamilton and Kean, “It was a 30 year conspiracy”, “The whitehouse has played cover up”, ‘Max Cleland resigned’, ‘John Farmer’.

6) FBI confiscated 84/85 Videos from the Pentagon. ‘Moussaoui trial’ revealed these videos. Released Pentagon Security Camera (FOIA) does not show a 757 and is clearly Missing a frame. ‘Sheraton Hotel’, “Double tree’, ‘Citgo”.

7) Osama Bin Laden was NOT wanted by the FBI for the 9/11 attacks. “No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” CIA created, trained and funded “Al Qaeda/Taliban” during the Mujahideen. OBL was a CIA asset named ‘Tim Osman’. OBL Reported dead in Dec 2001 (FOX).

8) 100′s of Firefighters and witness testimony to BOMBS/EXPLOSIONS ignored by the 9/11 Commission Report. 9/11 Commission Report bars 503 1st responder eyewitnesses. “Explosions in the lobby and sub levels”, ‘Firefighter explosions’, ‘Barry Jennings’, ‘William Rodriguez’.

9) 100′s of firefighters and witness testimony to MOLTEN METAL ignored by the Commission report. “Like you’re in a foundry”, “NIST’s John Gross denies the existence of Molten Metal”, ‘Swiss Cheese’, “As of 21 days after the attack, the fires were still burning and molten steel was still running.” Leslie Robertson’.

10) ’5 Dancing Israeli’s’ arrested in ‘Mossad Truck Bombs’ on 9/11 that stated “We were there to document the event.” ‘Urban Moving Systems’ front company, ‘Dominic Suter’. “$498,750 Business loan (June 2001)”. “Officer DeCarlo’, ‘Art Students’, ‘Israeli Spying’.

11) On September 10th, 2001. Rumsfeld reported $2.3 TRILLION missing from the Pentagon. ‘Dov Zakheim’ Pentagon Comptroller. Former VP of ‘Systems Planning Corporation’ (Flight Termination System). Signatore of PNAC document.

12) 220+ Senior Military, Intelligence Service, Law Enforcement, and Government Officials question the official story. ’9/11 Whistleblowers’, ‘Patriots for 9/11′. ‘Robert Bowman’, ‘Sibel Edmonds’, ‘Albert Stubblebine’, ‘Wesley Clark’, ‘Mark Dayton’, ‘Alan Sabrosky’, ‘Cyntha McKinney’, ‘Jesse Ventura’, ‘Kurt Sonnenfeld’. “patriotsquestion911.com”

911-inside-job-650x427.jpg

13) Towers were built to withstand a Boeing jet(s). “I designed it for a 707 to hit it”, Leslie Robertson, WTC structural engineer. “Could probably sustain multiple impacts of jetliners”, “like a pencil puncturing screen netting” Frank De Martini, deceased Manager of WTC Construction & Project Management. “As far as a plane knocking a building over, that would not happen.” Charlie Thornton, Structural Engineer.

14) History of American False Flag attacks. ‘USS Liberty’, ‘Gulf of Tonkin’, ‘Operation Northwoods’, ‘OKC Bombing (Murrah Building)’, ’1993 WTC attacks’. ‘Patrick Clawson’. Project for the New American Century (PNAC) needed “a New Pearl Harbor”, “Rebuilding America’s Defenses”. 9/11 Achieved those goals.

15) BBC correspondent Jane Standley reported the collapse of WTC 7 (Soloman Brothers building) 20 minutes before it happened. CNN/FOX/MSNBC also had early reports. ‘BBC wtc 7′, ‘Jane Standley’, Ashleigh Banfield’.

16) “Flight 93″ debris was spread out over many miles. Cheney admits to giving the order to shootdown 93. “shot down the plane over Pennsylvania” Rumsfeld, “nothing that you could distinguish that a plane had crashed there” ‘Chris Konicki. “Not a drop of blood” Coroner Wallace Miller. “there was no plane.” Mayor Ernie Stull.

17) Bush hesitated for 441 days before starting the 911 Commission. ‘Jersey Girls’. ‘Phil Zelikow’ already wrote the outline before the commission began. Steel shipped over seas. Obstruction of justice. JFK and Pearl Harbor commissions were started within 7 days.

18) The 911 commission was given extremely limited funds. $15 million was given to investigate 9/11. (Over $60 Million was spent investigating Clintons’ affairs with Monica).

19) Bush said he watched the first plane crash into the North tower on TV before entering the classroom. “The TV was obviously on.” Was informed about the second impact while reading ‘My Pet Goat’ to the children. Remained for at least 8 more minutes while America was under “attack”.

20) The PATRIOT ACT was written before 9/11. Signed into law October 26th, 2001.

21) Marvin Bush was director of Stratasec (Securacom, ‘KuAm’) which was in charge of security of the WTC, United Airlines and Dulles International Airport. All three were breached on 9/11. ICTS was another company that provided security at the airports. ‘Wirt Walker’, ‘Ezra Harel’, ‘ICTS”, ‘WTC power downs’.

22) “Who killed John O’Neil?”. Former FBI task force agent investigating Al Qaeda/Bin Laden. Transferred by Kroll Corporation to head the security just before 9/11. John O’Neil died in the Towers. ‘Jerome Hauer’ ‘Jules Kroll’.

23) Insider trading based upon foreknowledge. ‘Put Options.’ Never identified insiders made millions. ‘United and American Airlines’ ‘Raytheon.’

24) At least 7 of the 19 listed highjackers are still alive (BBC). No video footage of 19 highjackers or passengers boarding the 4 planes. Pilots of the 4 planes never squawked the highjacking code. ‘Alive highjackers’, ‘ACARS’, ‘Pilots for 9/11 Truth’.

Amusing seeing NIST place a bag of thermite on top of a car, burning it, and then declare that it cant cut through steel since it only melted the roof a bit. ok, so people are stupid and wont figure out that such a process needs to be focused in a direction for it to do that:

and given who owned and operated what on the exact places of impact on the 2 towers...I mean cmon, to what extent can one dismiss this as coincidence?

I personally dont believe the hijackers were explicitly flying the planes, but at that point in time, the remote could not override the cockpit, so the cockpit needed to be taken over. Such precision is pretty damn well impossible to attribute to sheer coincidence.

and before I forget...what about the $1Bn+ of precious metals housed in the WTC complex...oh, we recovered 230 million? how grand...

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/gold.html

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

the inevitable fall of empires. they all fall. to pursue an empire is to set up the fall.

They do not last. nothing outside of nature is lasting. no matter how far technology comes, no matter how much is put into investment, no matter where the political agenda drives you, nothing short of nature will last.

The youngest generations on earth RIGHT NOW are in the front row seat of ALL OF OUR SHORTCOMINGS AND FAILURES. they are non-partison. WE REFUSE TO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR FALLEN FUTURE!

The solutions are one or the other: We will outlive your previous generations of empiricism and profits, or YOU WILL FOLLOW THE CHILDREN INTO A BETTER FUTURE!

This thread is nonsequittor and has been for some time now.

The Decline and INEVITABLE Fall of ALL WORLD SUPERPOWERS.

V T D T

I totally agree with you up to your second last line...

You mean to say Non Sequitur,

I disagree this thread has not become 'Non Sequitur.'

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Also,

I preferred 'Eventual' over 'Inevitable' as it sounds better in the sentence iMO and 'Eventual' also means it is going to happen just like 'Inevitable' does...

Peace

FT

Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 1

http://www.inquisitr.com/1469483/isis-plans-to-invade-united-states-through-mexico-but-drug-cartels-could-fight-back/

i would say support the drug cartels but they also resort to beheadings and im not sure a slow tortuous enslaved death/life to drugs life is any better than a quick chop off the head only thing left to do is work on my sword skillz i suppose.

great time to find merc work, i reckon.

oh fortuna

Please allow me to update you on this week's happenings in Washington, D.C.

Dr. Rand Paul Discusses Over Militarization of State Law Enforcement

This week, I attended the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs hearing regarding the oversight of federal programs for equipping state and local law enforcement agencies.

I think many of us were horrified by some of the images that came out of the protests in Ferguson, Missouri. One of the fundamental things about America is dissent, and the ability to have peaceful dissent.

But confronting those with armored personnel carriers is thoroughly un-American and for 150 years, we've had rules separating the military, keeping the military out of policing affairs. The over militarization of police has gotten so far out of control, and we've allowed it to descend along with not a great protection of our civil liberties. This is a problem that needs to be fixed immediately, and I will continue working to improve the inept system.

and
further
to be fair some of these congressmen and senators just arnt very well mentally(and otherwise) equipped not naming names but south carolina and arizona have nice scenery especially if you like palmetto and cactus
when any american may consider to move to a freer place like for instance cambodia i think that sums up the present situation
  • Like 1

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran"

-Gen. Wesley Clark

• Like 1