Lindelani Mnisi

A simple question on the human soul

what does the human soul look like?

I recalled an interesting description before by someone with very developed seeing abilities, and when I checked back it was in response to a query of yours. Perhaps you have forgotten?

http://thetaobums.com/topic/24604-windows-to-the-soul/?p=356178

"The eyes are basically a passage in to the universe. On a strictly physical level, the pupil is a hole at the center of the eye that allows for the light of the earth to enter the retina. On a deeper, the hole of the pupil is actually a portal and its darkness is the space of the universe through which the light of celestial bodies can be seen and earthly (and remember earth is a celestial body too) lights can be transferred. When I look through that space and deep into the eyes or rather beyond the eyes, I can see the soul. The bones of the soul are actually planets. So when I see the arrangement of the planets I am able to see the structure of someone's soul or their 'constellation'- this includes the space they occupy in the universe, the composition of that space, their relationship to other souls and basically the physical anatomy of their soul. As romantic as it sounds, it is not symbolic, it is literal. Meaning, if you could see through that window, you would see the celestial world without having to get in a space ship. !"

Edited by Creation

How do you know it doesnt look like anything?

Hhehehe...that's because look is form. Form is inherently empty. It has meaning only by our conscious thoughts. If a soul is a form based creation, then, it can look like anything.

• Like 1

I recalled an interesting description before by someone with very developed seeing abilities, and when I checked back it was in response to a query of yours. Perhaps you have forgotten?

http://thetaobums.com/topic/24604-windows-to-the-soul/?p=356178

"The eyes are basically a passage in to the universe. On a strictly physical level, the pupil is a hole at the center of the eye that allows for the light of the earth to enter the retina. On a deeper, the hole of the pupil is actually a portal and its darkness is the space of the universe through which the light of celestial bodies can be seen and earthly (and remember earth is a celestial body too) lights can be transferred. When I look through that space and deep into the eyes or rather beyond the eyes, I can see the soul. The bones of the soul are actually planets. So when I see the arrangement of the planets I am able to see the structure of someone's soul or their 'constellation'- this includes the space they occupy in the universe, the composition of that space, their relationship to other souls and basically the physical anatomy of their soul. As romantic as it sounds, it is not symbolic, it is literal. Meaning, if you could see through that window, you would see the celestial world without having to get in a space ship. !"

Seeing is over-rated. Seeing is part of the 6 consciousness. Therefore, it can be deceiving. Now, if you are talking about seeing the soul with your third eye, well, that's above your ordinary sight induced consciousness.

what does the human soul look like?

My soul looks like this:

PIA01322.jpg

warm regards

• Like 1

Honestly, I think Buddhist harping on about how there is no "soul" can be confusing to spiritual seekers. The Buddha taught that there is no permanent unchanging essence, but that is not the only definition of soul. If you define "soul" to be the most subtle aspect of a "person", this does exist in Buddhism and is called alayavijnana. But it is not thought of as a permanent unchanging essence, and therefore does not contradict the teachings of the Buddha. Moreover, the Daoist idea of higher and lower souls use yet another definition of soul, as some kind of spiritual aspect of a person, but not necessarily the "highest", just a particular one, which is why in that system there is more than one soul.

Point taken. To clarify, I am defining soul as any fundamental core essence to a person. A soul would be a case of 'I am this thing, and it is central to me'.

Really I prefer to say self (little 's'!) or 'I' instead of soul, to avoid this very confusion, but since the original question referred to souls I used that term.

of course there are souls, of course you are a soul, and of course the soul has/is eternal spirit!

that is what is free, that is what is enlightened and that is what is often glossed over by thoughts or schools that think otherwise...

• Like 1

How do you know it doesnt look like anything?

Because everything beyond this plain hasnt a static form. So what people call soul has no static form. It is an every changing flux of light, so to speak.

The most basic example is for yourself to describe us or anyone you like to a simple cloud - or draw a simple cloud in it's totality. And you will very soon figure out that this is impossible. A cloud is nothing fixed. You can only draw an idea of a cloud, but never the cloud itself. For that must mean you would have to create an animation instead of a static picture, that must move and change accordingly to the cloud.

Such questions are funny indeed :) even how does a soul feel, or how does ones soul feel. Those feelings you get when you are deeper involved into yourself are so complex, they are truely beyond words.

Just like the recent discovery I have made with a beautiful flower with SUCH AN incredible aroma! called "Heliotropium arborescens". The smell of these blossoms are so complex... people have gave her the utterly mundane name of "vanilla flower" HAHA because it also has beneath her approx perceived 1000 different type of aromas a scent of vanilla.

I am no botanist, but even to me that is a disgrace. So similar things happen to what we can express beyond this realm... mostly anything.

But...

...I think we are getting into an era where we invent something new. Maybe overlaying senses (visual and audible) which are then being perceived by other people. Hell our DNA is waiting and waiting for us to unlock it... what is it currently for the average human being? 4% unlocked? Makes me smile everytime :)

Because everything beyond this plain hasnt a static form. So what people call soul has no static form. It is an every changing flux of light, so to speak

Isn't it the same in this plain too though, nothing here has a static form its just changing more slowly so it appears to the mind that it does.

• Like 1

Isn't it the same in this plain too though, nothing here has a static form its just changing more slowly so it appears to the mind that it does.

Yes, that is compltely true. Newborn babies even still have the ability to not-see form as solid. Some beings keep this ability during their life here. So they can switch between solid edges and what we can not... see a transition between the object and that what is around it.

But such things can also be trained if you see a certain application in your life and have in that way a good intention to manifest that "ability".

The ancient method of sun-gazing for example can alter your vision over a few months / years of practice to see through matter. So that your eyes have the function of a microscope. Or eagle-vision. Dont ask me why one would want that - but if you want that, I am just saying this can be done.

Edited by 4bsolute

What changes are the permutated manifestations of but not the soul/spirit it-Self as some happen to use those terms, while some are using such terms for what does change or is in flux.

All the powers of the Mind and or of our minds can not see or hold soul/spirit thus neither can any rafts of thoughts about same.

Such is why soul/spirit is happiness and freedom beyond any reach of its mental or emotional opposites of sad, and also beyond the cycles of what is known as life and death!

Nice. Now all I have to do is start believing in soul/spirit. (Might be a difficult task for a materialist.)

heck, I'm no guru just a blind groundhog who happened upon an acorn with a lot of help... hehe

Human soul looks like Barry White. Sometimes Soul looks like James Brown,so human soul looks just like music. Just like music sometimes a major, sometimes a minor, sometimes a dissonant note, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes upbeat, sometimes dark,sad and lonely. There is a lot of soul in this world all dancing on the clouds of the ever changing.

My lower soul looked forward to death, my higher soul loved life so I introduced them to each other and found out they were madly in love with each other. When yin and yang reconciled their differences within myself they gave birth to my true spirit that is beyond yin and yang, and I merged with open space, beyond all boundaries. Then I came back to play in this world, to come and go as I please.

• Like 5

heck, I'm no guru just a blind groundhog who happened upon an acorn with a lot of help... hehe

What beautiful timing. A short while ago I watched a nature program and a segment talked about chipmunks. This one guy was working really hard gathering acorns for over winter and along comes this other guy and decides that it would be easier to steal the first guy's acorns rather than gather his own. He starts stealing a few and the owner comes up and catches him. Battle Royale! The thief is chased away. The narrator concludes: And the lesson to be learned here is "Don't mess with a chipmunk's nuts."

Edited by Marblehead