Faceless_One

is it possible to see chi?

You don't need to stop or do anything to see qi from a legit master of a high enough level, any more than you need to do those things to see the light from the sun.

the mind sees all things! it matters not weather or not your a master, energy is energy!

• Like 1

the mind sees all things! it matters not weather or not your a master, energy is energy!

The question is that can your mind sees all....:) There are 3 forms of chi energy. The base form is your jing, your reproductive fluid. :) The highest form of chi is the shen spirit. Frankly, without your third eye, you aren't going to see them, internally and externally.

The question is that can your mind sees all.... :) There are 3 forms of chi energy. The base form is your jing, your reproductive fluid. :) The highest form of chi is the shen spirit. Frankly, without your third eye, you aren't going to see them, internally and externally.

the mind sees all, most ppl are only aware of a small portion of what there is to be seen. i however am not so limited...and everyone has a 3rd eye and sensing is sensing and feeling is feeling. your 3rd eye dosent have to be open to feel somone come into a room or sensing somone staring at you. the problem is most ppl ignore what they sense and feel. then blame it on the third the which was already open their thoughts just closes it...it has nothing to do with mastership,jing, spirit. its only your mind and how willing you are to accept whats actually there and not what you think is there.

• Like 2

the mind sees all, most ppl are only aware of a small portion of what there is to be seen. i however am not so limited...and everyone has a 3rd eye and sensing is sensing and feeling is feeling. your 3rd eye dosent have to be open to feel somone come into a room or sensing somone staring at you. the problem is most ppl ignore what they sense and feel. then blame it on the third the which was already open their thoughts just closes it...it has nothing to do with mastership,jing, spirit. its only your mind and how willing you are to accept whats actually there and not what you think is there.

There is a difference between chi, being the fundamental nature of the universe, versus if one can see it. Is like gravity. We all know gravity exist. Can you see gravity? Is like saying all sentient beings have the Buddha nature but can all sentient beings reach enlightenment? Of course not.

• Like 1

yes it is possible to see chi

Your responses are generally in the right direction... but how can mind see it?

Qi is the singular bridge to Singularity, where Spirit resides.

IMO, it is because the mind is spirit [infused] at that point.

Nice stuff.

• Like 1

Nice stuff.

Which would require refining and retaining your jing energy and to transform it into spirit energy. How? Meditation and cultivation. According to Master Nan, it would take a person 10 years at least to accomplish it if unhindered.

• Like 1

Things like time frames don't make sense to me, that is like saying it takes the same number of years for someone to get proficient at baseball, art, martial arts, computer programming. I also am not so sure about the whole anyone can do it thing that many people say. I have seen some folks who can't do art or computer stuff to save their lives. Why would qi seeing be any different than the myriad of other talents in the world? Some folks are born amazing piano players, some mediocre, and some who can't play at all. Some folks take years upon years to get good at something, while others take days. All of this is the same with qi stuff from all I have seen.

• Like 5

Things like time frames don't make sense to me, that is like saying it takes the same number of years for someone to get proficient at baseball, art, martial arts, computer programming. I also am not so sure about the whole anyone can do it thing that many people say. I have seen some folks who can't do art or computer stuff to save their lives. Why would qi seeing be any different than the myriad of other talents in the world? Some folks are born amazing piano players, some mediocre, and some who can't play at all. Some folks take years upon years to get good at something, while others take days. All of this is the same with qi stuff from all I have seen.

It is different because cultivating the chi channels isn't easy. I mean, if you can cultivate your chi channels, you are already half way to enlightenment. We all know most people couldn't reach the first, initial path to Tao. So, definitely, cultivating your chi channels isn't anything like sewing or cooking or computer programming. :) I am pretty sure of that.

It is different because cultivating the chi channels isn't easy. I mean, if you can cultivate your chi channels, you are already half way to enlightenment. We all know most people couldn't reach the first, initial path to Tao. So, definitely, cultivating your chi channels isn't anything like sewing or cooking or computer programming. :) I am pretty sure of that.

I've been able to see qi my entire life though, and I'm far from having cultivated my qi channels ;). I also know several other folks who can see such things just fine, but could use some work in cultivation as well as qi channel cultivation... One theory I heard for this is past life stuff.

Martial arts is extremely difficult (at least for me), as is computer programming, and music. With computer programming it takes a certain sort of mindset, which some people naturally have, while others do not, same with qi stuff I think. I'd rather teach folks to see qi anyday over trying to teach them programming (or in my case html) LOL.

Btw, I've noticed qi balls are easy enough to make, since all metaphysical based classes teach this. Folks can feel them usually in some way, but not usually see them for a few years.

• Like 2

Qi can be seen by the Yin aspect of our consciousnesses which can be accessed in dreams, deep trance states and even mere imagination if one trains a little bit.

Generally, in cultivation this is not considered an high achievement because it's something that everyone can learn in a few days. It's a sort of additional trick: many people don't care about those things.

To see the energy with the yang consciousness is a different matter...

imho.

• Like 1

Yeah some people can see it clearly when they tune in.

Depends on talent and how much work you've put into your practice.

I've seen it so clearly in a waking state that there's no question.

• Like 2

Qi can be seen by the Yin aspect of our consciousnesses which can be accessed in dreams, deep trance states and even mere imagination if one trains a little bit.

Generally, in cultivation this is not considered an high achievement because it's something that everyone can learn in a few days. It's a sort of additional trick: many people don't care about those things.

To see the energy with the yang consciousness is a different matter...

imho.

WOW! PLEASE SAY MORE! I've never heard it described this way. Yes, I am able to see with 'Yin consciousness' in my dreams, but not in my waking state with "Yang consciousness". Where can I read about this?

Edited by DragonsNectar69k
  • Like 1

I've been able to see qi my entire life though, and I'm far from having cultivated my qi channels ;). I also know several other folks who can see such things just fine, but could use some work in cultivation as well as qi channel cultivation... One theory I heard for this is past life stuff.

Martial arts is extremely difficult (at least for me), as is computer programming, and music. With computer programming it takes a certain sort of mindset, which some people naturally have, while others do not, same with qi stuff I think. I'd rather teach folks to see qi anyday over trying to teach them programming (or in my case html) LOL.

Btw, I've noticed qi balls are easy enough to make, since all metaphysical based classes teach this. Folks can feel them usually in some way, but not usually see them for a few years.

Yep, the age old saying.. "What you think, you become..." Quite simple. You practice something long enough, you become it.

This is why I love hanging around "Taoist". Much more open minded than Westerners concerning the occult and esoterics. Most are deep seated in doctrine/religion and never truly get to see the wonders within right away, unless they have been devoted for years.

I've never been able to make a qi ball though. I can imagine one, but I can not feel them.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k
  • Like 2

A nice article from http://taoism.about.com/b/2009/12/16/the-shadow-side-of-floating.htm

Du-Yin is the yin side of consciousness.

Earlier this year I wrote about my flotation tank experiences -- implying, toward the end of the essay, that this kind of experience might be comparable to Taoist dark retreats. But perhaps this isn't necessarily a valid comparison.

William Bodhri -- longtime student of Nan Huai-Chin -- has an interesting essay exploring the flotation-tank phenomena, in terms of the Abhidharma system of understanding consciousness. Unless one has a highly-developed meditation practice, what's likely to happen, he claims, is a sliding into the du-yin or "solitary consciousness":

"Now the 6th consciousness or 6th "discriminative mind" has a shadow side called the du-yin, or "solitary consciousness." It's called the "solitary consciousness" because it can operate independently of the other sense-consciousness--those belonging to the eyes, ears, nose, taste and sense of touch."

Accessing the du-yin is likely to give rise to all kinds of shamanic phenomena which, though potentially quite interesting and/or entertaining, represent something very different from the clear aspect of consciousness that supports a deeply liberating practice.

In meditation practice, we cultivate a state of bodymind this is simultaneously relaxed and alert. What Mr. Bodri is pointing out is the tendency, in a flotation tank, to go deeply into the "relaxed" aspect, in a way that eclipses the "alert" aspect. To the extent that this is indeed what happens, while we might still benefit in all kinds of ways from the experience, it can't really be equated with skillful spiritual practice.

• Like 1

I’ll tell you what I’ve seen,” I told Andreas. “Last year John wanted to show me what the yang was like. It was night. He had just finished playing Ping-Pong with Johann, as they do every evening. Sifu took the Ping-Pong ball in his left hand and held it in the center of his palm. He opened his hands and held his right palm about two feet away. Suddenly the ball pulsed with a red* light; it made a noise, too, sort of like a canary singing. Bluish white sparks flew from the ball toward his right palm; they were like miniature lightning bolts. He kept it up for a few seconds and then handed me the ball. It wasn’t overly hot, but it was warm. I did my usual thing and cut it in half on the spot, which pissed off everybody, because it was the last ball in the house and they wanted to continue their game. But I had to make sure that there wasn’t any circuitry inside the ball.”

-the magus of java (kosta danaos)

While at rest it is blue (and in its purest form becomes white), it seems that the yang ch’i actually changes color when in opposition to the yin and turns red.

-neikung (kosta danaos)

lXwmWSL.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTvyP_KWv50

• Like 1

Seeing the unseen is truly seeing.This seeing is not done with the eyes, When we use a general term Chi it refers to the invisible aspect of life.

I believe you can see chi in Dragon Ball Z and some schools that recruit big egos thirsty for power, you know those people we are not allowed to teach and pass on the true transmission. We have McDonalds fast learn kung fu because there is money to be made and It not about the best interest of the students.Looks just like a hamburger, taste great but no nutrients and harmful chemicals for the body.

I completely agree. Nicely said. I've meet some who are simply 'gifted' in so-called talents, and even energy work.

But that is not the norm for our modern age but it is not completely absent.

• Like 1

There is a difference between chi, being the fundamental nature of the universe, versus if one can see it. Is like gravity. We all know gravity exist. Can you see gravity? Is like saying all sentient beings have the Buddha nature but can all sentient beings reach enlightenment? Of course not.

gravity is not a good example. gravity dosent exist in the visible light spectrum as does chi. chi being part of the electromagnetic spectrum can be seen by the eye and mind eye. gravity however dosent and cant. and besides that i know plenty of ppl what can see energy, and through one of my meditations you will be able to as well. i can help you see but its up to you to keep your eyes open...

Nice stuff.

ahhh one who knows...its only by realizing and acknowledging that, that one open up the mind and experience true sight!