effilang

Daoist Alchemy: Jerry A. Johnson

I got a 404 on the above link?

This one works though: http://www.daoistmystics.com/metamorphosis.pdf

Btw, John DeAnzo is also doing a NEIGONG workshop in Vancouver, BC (Canada) July 27th - 28th (2 days). The cost is $500. With the Vancouver one you have to provide your own accommodations, food and etc. (hence the lower cost than the everything is covered Greece one). If anyone is interested in the Vancouver one, PM me for more details (I have heard about it and have the information, but the official public info isn't up yet).

Edited to add the Vancouver workshop listing on TTB http://thetaobums.com/topic/2336-upcoming-events/?p=441597

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

sometimes you recommend people to a suitable source of information... but you KNOW they won't follow up, or if they do they will quit. People ALWAYS quit....

for some reason BaguaKicksAss refuses to quit walking the circle. I suspect she's going to be a very dangerous old lady when she's cranky and past her bedtime someday.

• Like 1

We still seem to be lacking a decent review of this book and yet many Bums must have a copy by now.

Many of us would like to know if the book is worth the price.

• Like 1

I'd love to review it, but I'm still waiting for mine since I ordered it on the 20th. It's been nearly a month O_O

I ordered Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu by Wang Li Ping, on someones recommendation here and it has been the most disorganized and poorly translated book I have ever read in my life. It's riddled with grammatical errors that sometimes make whole paragraphs make no SENSE whatsoever and the author just assumes by default that everyone speaks Mandarin. Also it's very poorly illustrated.

There are very useful things in there, but wow... Really, the lowest quality book I have ever read in my life. The illustrations, once again are just laughable...

I am going to give it a few more reads regardless.

Edited by effilang

There are very useful things in there, but wow... Really, the lowest quality book I have ever read in my life. The illustrations, once again are just laughable...

The best thing that I got from that book is the Min's version of "The secret of the golden flower".

A version that the golden-flower Masters that write non-sense here, claiming enlightenment ( :D:D:D ), are not even aware of.

• Like 1

effilang,

Do you own Taoist Yoga by Charles Luk?

If not try reading it, and tell me it is more understandable than the longmen pai text.

I'd love to review it, but I'm still waiting for mine since I ordered it on the 20th. It's been nearly a month O_O

I ordered Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu by Wang Li Ping, on someones recommendation here and it has been the most disorganized and poorly translated book I have ever read in my life. It's riddled with grammatical errors that sometimes make whole paragraphs make no SENSE whatsoever and the author just assumes by default that everyone speaks Mandarin. Also it's very poorly illustrated.

I am going to give it a few more reads regardless.

• Like 2

Yes I own it. I read it in the morning, I read it at lunch, at dinner, at desert time, on the can, on the train, on the bus, in the park. I read it all the time.

It must be our brains MAN! They are different! Because I can read Taoist Yoga and it SPEAKS to me.

This was so hard to read omg haha.

I've never struggled so much with a book.

BUT I am determined to make it make sense to me, So I am going to start reading it again today from the beginning.

The discussions in the Q and A session at the end of the book were GREAT.

But man... the grammatical errors and lack of organization in the rest of it...

I kid you not. While i was reading it. I really though somebody sent me this book to troll me.

Because I thought this can't be. There just can't be so many mistakes in a published book lol

Anyhow. I have learned from it, yes, but it's not easy for me. Not because I don't understand the concepts, but because my mind finds it difficult to synchronize to the though and speech pattern of the translator.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

I dunno I just don't find the longmen pai text that bad, remember everyone bashing Jim's book too for the same reason.

Taoist Yoga though I'd rather **** a rusty shovel than try and get through that cluster**** of a book. Plunge the dragon into the tiger cavity while working the fiery bellows to return the essence of lead and mercury to the original cavity of the spirit where the dragon and tiger mate to make the great snow fall in the sea of chi above the... you get the idea.

Gibberish that's all that book is to me.

I can't remember any part of the LMP text that left me confused at all, same with Jim's book.

• Like 4

I dunno I just don't find the longmen pai text that bad, remember everyone bashing Jim's book too for the same reason.

Taoist Yoga though I'd rather **** a rusty shovel than try and get through that cluster**** of a book. Plunge the dragon into the tiger cavity while working the fiery bellows to return the essence of lead and mercury to the original cavity of the spirit where the dragon and tiger mate to make the great snow fall in the sea of chi above the... you get the idea.

Gibberish that's all that book is to me.

I can't remember any part of the LMP text that left me confused at all, same with Jim's book.

Funny. I found the Taoist yoga book not bad at all. Maybe we have different versions.

With regards to Jim's book it's more the ranting and the like, it's not a confusing book in itself.

Yes I own it. I read it in the morning, I read it at lunch, at dinner, at desert time, on the can, on the train, on the bus, in the park. I read it all the time.

It must be our brains MAN! They are different! Because I can read Taoist Yoga and it SPEAKS to me.

This was so hard to read omg haha.

I've never struggled so much with a book.

BUT I am determined to make it make sense to me, So I am going to start reading it again today from the beginning.

The discussions in the Q and A session at the end of the book were GREAT.

But man... the grammatical errors and lack of organization in the rest of it...

I kid you not. While i was reading it. I really though somebody sent me this book to troll me.

Because I thought this can't be. There just can't be so many mistakes in a published book lol

Anyhow. I have learned from it, yes, but it's not easy for me. Not because I don't understand the concepts, but because my mind finds it difficult to synchronize to the though and speech pattern of the translator.

Here I am trying to settle down for some sleep when BAM! Out comes some serious laughter. My stomach hurts now.

You started strong with Doc Suess...omg..good stuff

• Like 1

I have ordered a copy of Daoist Alchemy: by Jerry A. Johnson and I promise to add a review of the book when I have had a chance to digest it. It may not be soon though as by the look of previous comments it will take some time for the book to reach me in the U.K.

• Like 2

It's FINALLY HERE!

31 days is how long it took.

Be patient guys.

kd6h.jpg

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2

I am starting to read it now, but I have gone through the whole book while stretching the binding and I can tell you now, that this appears to be the most detailed practical manual ever written discussing Taoist alchemy.

• Like 3

I am starting to read it now, but I have gone through the whole book while stretching the binding and I can tell you now, that this appears to be the most detailed practical manual ever written discussing Taoist alchemy.

Please keep us informed.

If anyone wants to ask some questions thats fine, i'm not going do a write up on such a huge book (refer to Effi's picture) :).

• Like 1

If anyone wants to ask some questions thats fine, i'm not going do a write up on such a huge book (refer to Effi's picture) :).

1) Is that complete system in the book?

2) what is it like - seated meds, stands, qigong movements, visualizations, breath?

3) Is it authentic or made up stuff?

1) Is that complete system in the book?

2) what is it like - seated meds, stands, qigong movements, visualizations, breath?

3) Is it authentic or made up stuff?

I don't have this book yet, but I bet I can answer your questions anyway:

1) Complete systems are not entirely transferable via book.

2) All of the above and then some.

3) It is the culmination and product of many years of serious, scholorly research and experience.

• Like 3

Green Tiger, it seems to be only qigong! If it is NOT complete WHAT is the point to engage in it?

1) Complete systems are not entirely transferable via book.

2) All of the above and then some.

This is true.

Green Tiger, it seems to be only qigong! If it is NOT complete WHAT is the point to engage in it?

I mostly use JAJ's stuff and other publications to supplement my main practice. If you want to learn a complete system, you really need to find an instructor to teach it to you in person.

• Like 1

I see no point to mix up the stuff. Qigong is not alchemy, just you have to admit it

Cars are not gasoline, just you have to admit it . . . :rolleyes: