voidisyinyang

Vinegar for Long Life

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/lifestyle/umeboshi_vinegar.htm

So this research is getting picked up in the West and Japan sells vinegar "soft drinks" -- just fruit juice and vinegar diluted. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/genkisu/genki-su-japanese-drinking-vinegar

Umm so basically for sore muscles the acetic acid turns into citric acid which then takes away the lactic acid.

Acetic acid is the only real available acid to do this. So you don't need expensive Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. Since acetic acid is the active ingredient then even just white cheap vinegar works fine.

But vinegar on its own is too acidic so then you can make it sodium acetate by combining with baking soda - but this is too explosive and tastes kind of nasty. So I combine vinegar with spirulina for magnesium acetate -- which is sold as a supplement on its own anyway.

Yeah but vinegar is great against sugar or glycemic index -- so for that case you need the acidicy of the vinegar. Make sure to use a straw or you can lose the tooth enamel. Although a bit of vinegar will clean the teeth of bacteria.

Still vinegar to counteract sugar -- it's a radical ion operation but it can make the body too acidic and maybe make the problem worse. I experimented with this - doing lots of vinegar. It cleans out the colon like cleaning out a coffee maker. AFter three days on just vinegar pretty much then the colon cleanse comes out clear.

Anyway but it's better to ionize the sugar free radicals with chi energy or with antioxidants from greens and some sulfur and some citrus.

So the article says also -- umm as we get older our stomachs need more acid....

But if we have too much acid in our food then the body's calcium has to be used to counteract and then you get calcium build up -- like kidney stones -- besides lack of calcium in the bones...

Umm maybe someone else can add on that as I have not researched it a ton.

So I guess my favorite use for vinegar is to take away the lactic acid of sore muscles.

Pretty neat trick utilizing the Krebs Cycle.

• Like 3

Not to sound like an advertisement dummy but Naked makes a cool drink with organic chlorella and spirulina called green machine.

Naked-Juice-Green-Machine-Fruit-Boost-Sm

The strawberry banana is delicious but not quite as nutritious.

• Like 1

I think it would be good to mix green machine with oxygen infused cilantro extract to detox heavy metals and cleanse the pineal gland of the heavy toxic substance like mercury and fluoride.

Edited by teknix
  • Like 1

I like apple cider vinegar from time to time. I'll just have a spoon of it.

It reminds me of when I was a kid and had pickled onion cravings. I would go through a jar in 30 minutes.

Then I read somewhere that kids were to be kept away from pickles and I just thought that was strange.

I get red vinegar on an italian sub with added bacon :)

(vinegar on both sides of the bread) :o

So hungry now . .

Edited by teknix
  • Like 1

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that diluted acetic acid is not vinegar and should not be added to food products customarily expected to contain vinegar.[3]

I was reading about the Kebzeh Sufis of the Caucasus Mountains who are known for their longevity and they recommended drinking either something purely fermented or apple cider vinegar with honey on an empty stomach 3-4 hours after a meal, which has a number of strong benefits including balancing the blood sugar and helping to break down a lot of waste which your body finds hard to eliminate which can cause disease like cancer etc. I need to get back into the habit of doing this myself.

Edited by Jetsun

I was reading about the Kebzeh Sufis of the Caucasus Mountains who are known for their longevity and they recommended drinking either something purely fermented or apple cider vinegar with honey on an empty stomach 3-4 hours after a meal, which has a number of strong benefits including balancing the blood sugar and helping to break down a lot of waste which your body finds hard to eliminate which can cause disease like cancer etc. I need to get back into the habit of doing this myself.

http://theminormystic.wikia.com/wiki/Kebzeh:_The_Very_Basics

Kebzeh Sufis -- nice.

I give you Sheila Blanco in gratitude.

http://www.kebzeh.org/publications/

Murat Yagan, last of his tradition that predates Sufism....

hmm.

http://books.google.com/books?id=STttKxStevcC&pg=PT177&lpg=PT177&dq=The+Essence+of+Sufism+in+the+Light+of+Kebzeh&source=bl&ots=eZP2NMiPsM&sig=HtfPNOCLz9Fzs9wIoWV5yw3dgJk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6zU3UfH_J5Dk9gTNroCIAQ&ved=0CGsQ6AEwBw

Yeah cool to see Yagan dismissing Ouspensky -- I tore out his long erroneous statements from his "In Search of the Miraculous" book so only the Gurdjieff quotes remained. haha. I also criticized Gary Lachmann for focusing on Ouspensky as some sort of spiritual leader! C'mon -- what a waste of book printing! What a mistake to ignore Gurdjieff just because Ouspensky was associated with Gurdjieff.

http://theminormystic.wikia.com/wiki/Kebzeh:_The_Very_Basics

Kebzeh Sufis -- nice.

http://www.kebzeh.org/publications/

Murat Yagan, last of his tradition that predates Sufism....

hmm.

http://books.google.com/books?id=STttKxStevcC&pg=PT177&lpg=PT177&dq=The+Essence+of+Sufism+in+the+Light+of+Kebzeh&source=bl&ots=eZP2NMiPsM&sig=HtfPNOCLz9Fzs9wIoWV5yw3dgJk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6zU3UfH_J5Dk9gTNroCIAQ&ved=0CGsQ6AEwBw

Yeah cool to see Yagan dismissing Ouspensky -- I tore out his long erroneous statements from his "In Search of the Miraculous" book so only the Gurdjieff quotes remained. haha. I also criticized Gary Lachmann for focusing on Ouspensky as some sort of spiritual leader! C'mon -- what a waste of book printing! What a mistake to ignore Gurdjieff just because Ouspensky was associated with Gurdjieff.

I think its better to approach Ouspensky as a scholar of the work and only a certain portion of the work at that, he himself admitted he wasn't a master before he died. But Gurdjieff himself apparently taught using his book "In Search of the Miraculous" at times and remarked how good it was for certain aspects of his teaching, yet that book is also known as "fragments" for a reason as its only contains selected fragments of the teaching.

Back on topic I have a few of Murat Yagans books which are interesting, he says that a few scientists have tried to study his people to try to find the secrets to their longevity which promted him to write a health manual, I don't know if what he says is backed up by science yet but he says when we eat a certain amount of waste fat or substance coats the organs and gets brought to the skin through the pores to be released, but often this substance is not released and is reabsorbed into the body which builds up toxins, so he advises brushing all your pores every day with a hard brush then shower it away to help your body detox. The vinegar helps to break down this fat or substance so it can be eliminated by the pores more easily, especially helpful if you are a meat eater.

Edit: the purpose of clearing the pores is it enables pore breathing which reduces stress on your lungs and kidneys. Franz Bardon says similar things in his work.

Edited by Jetsun

I like apple cider vinegar from time to time. I'll just have a spoon of it.

When I first heard about the Liver cleansing effect of apple cider vinegar, I bought some and took a swig right out of the bottle. It was so acidic that it burned my throat!! Ack! Since then, I dilute a spoonful in a glass of water... and find it really helpful from time to time. :)

My other half put garlic in vinegar for a week than take one teaspoon, diluted with water, a day. I didn't need it because I practice Chi Kung.

I take apple cider vinegar in tablet form with dandelion and artichoke added most days.

... with a bucket of french fries on the side?

• Like 1

I take apple cider vinegar in tablet form with dandelion and artichoke added most days.

in tablet form? I have never seen of that here in Aus yet.

I just have a dessert spoon full in a glass of water, nearly every morning...

My Gastroenterologist, an Indian by birth, and IMO a remarkable physician, swears by Apple Cider Vinegar,...he even claims it will extinguish acid refux, lower blood pressure, and has anti-aging properties, known to cleanse the body of free radicals and toxins..

Drew:

In what proportions are you mixing spirulina and ACV? What do you consider to be a dose? How many doses are you taking daily to hasten the recovery of muscles?

much obliged!

balance.

Drew:

In what proportions are you mixing spirulina and ACV? What do you consider to be a dose? How many doses are you taking daily to hasten the recovery of muscles?

much obliged!

balance.

Yeah i just experiment.

So I use vinegar to offset sugar in fruit.

For example Dr. Gabriel Cousens said the secret for his yoga training in India was to not even eat fruit since it has too strong sugar. This is also my experience but I still eat fruit.

Yeah on the sore muscles thing - I am still learning but I was doing tons of vinegar before - like a gallon a week - that was my biggest dose -- but at that time I was also "flexing" my pineal gland and anyway it was too acidic for my body -- obviously.

So it's kind of a compromise -- the lactic acid for soreness but the acidity itself for sugar.

So mixing it with spirulina counteracts the acid for sugar.

Anyway spirulina is very expensive so I just have a couple tablespoons a day -- I rely on this to keep my eyes healthy.

ummm... yeah also I do garlic and onion -- but since I am a hermit then I can be smelly. haha.

Yeah i just experiment.

So I use vinegar to offset sugar in fruit.

For example Dr. Gabriel Cousens said the secret for his yoga training in India was to not even eat fruit since it has too strong sugar. This is also my experience but I still eat fruit.

Yeah on the sore muscles thing - I am still learning but I was doing tons of vinegar before - like a gallon a week - that was my biggest dose -- but at that time I was also "flexing" my pineal gland and anyway it was too acidic for my body -- obviously.

So it's kind of a compromise -- the lactic acid for soreness but the acidity itself for sugar.

So mixing it with spirulina counteracts the acid for sugar.

Anyway spirulina is very expensive so I just have a couple tablespoons a day -- I rely on this to keep my eyes healthy.

ummm... yeah also I do garlic and onion -- but since I am a hermit then I can be smelly. haha.

Roger that (and many thanks)

Gonna proceed with 2 tbsp ACV with 2 tsp Spirulina and see if that mitigates the near constant soreness my level of activity generates.

best.

balance.

Roger that (and many thanks)

Gonna proceed with 2 tbsp ACV with 2 tsp Spirulina and see if that mitigates the near constant soreness my level of activity generates.

best.

balance.

awesome - yeah of course you want that in a glass of water at least -- - I use a mason quart jar.

spirulina is very concentrated and so takes a lot of water or else it cakes....

ummm.... also you might want to use a straw with the vinegar as it can -- it will take off tooth enamel.

But if it diluted enough then vinegar can be o.k. to clean bacteria off the teeth. haha.

drew, how's the lugubrious nature of garlic and onion jive with storing up the sex energy? I've heard from a few people that if you're doing the celibacy thing you want to avoid having a lot of stuff like that.

drew, how's the lugubrious nature of garlic and onion jive with storing up the sex energy? I've heard from a few people that if you're doing the celibacy thing you want to avoid having a lot of stuff like that.

right -- I used that word lubugrious to my mom and she laughed at me and then I did a word find in Taoist Yoga Alchemy and Immortality and there was no "lugubrious" - not sure how I made that association. haha. Maybe a different book as I was reading so many meditation books at the time.

Chunyi Lin just promoted garlic and green onions in the March free email newsletter for the Spring Forest Center -- I pointed that out to my qigong friend who had just given me a bulb of garlic - he said he was surprised.

I mean the amounts were small -- but anyway Chunyi Lin is emphasizing the importance of building up the kidney energy.

I think for advanced training - it's like kicking off the rocket boosters -- so you want the fasting and switching over to chi energy to create shen.

But to start off the jing has to be built up so it depends on how much exercise, how much energy lost to others, the age, how cold it is, etc.

Yeah for me if I have too much cocoa then the zinc totally gets me and I have to wake myself up before losing the alchemical pill.

I don't have that much garlic or onions -- when I was doing the "O at a Ds" all day long in full lotus I was eating three BULBS of garlic a day. haha. My friend rightfully made me repeat that to him.

Yep -- total tantra freak. One time this whole bus complained when I got on, another time the whole workplace complained. haha.

But anyway normally I just ate tons of cilantro and other fresh organic greens.

Now I do a lot of spirulina.

But as Dr. Mercola states -- sulfur is WAY under-rated for health. THE -- whatever the antioxidant is from sulfur - something likd DSM.

Anyway my skin is actually permanently yellow from when I had been on that garlic streak.

Also the hydrogen sulfide doubles the strength and endurance - special forces was getting hydrogen sulfide injections!

One time I biked out from the city - about 50 miles nonstop and I get in the house and my dad runs out of the house in a panic from the garlic smell. haha.

Anyway so yeah for advanced training I would say definitely no garlic and no leeks and no onions.

But one thing I like about garlic is it scares away the vampires - the pervs sucking off energy.

Kind of ironic since garlic is "lugubrious" but for me - - my jing energy is low since I did five years of free healing. haha.

Also since now I burn off my energy anyway -- but I definitely have to make sure to sit in full lotus to burn it off -- into chi energy.

So I can't really recommend garlic due to the smell but on the other hand the fresh raw garlic is the best - you want the burning sensation as the sulfuric acid or whatever is really what kills the enzymes feeding virus and bacteria.

So I totally rely on garlic - for example this new super bacteria -- garlic will kill it -- I know because there is no resistance to garlic as it kills the enzymes and not the virus / bacteria directly so they don't develop resistance.

Yeah -- so that is why I like garlic so much -- if I ever feel some thing off-setting -- then even in the middle of the night - like last night I just went upstair and ate a couple cloves and then washed it down with spirulina.

The chlorophyll neutralizes the rotten egg smell.

So my experience is cocoa is way more dangerous for celibacy -- but it takes a couple tablespoons to kick in. Still I really like the cocoa buzz since it also dilates the blood vessels.

Too bad Hersheys uses child slave labor cocoa but hey they've promised to stop using child slave labor - in a few years or so. Wow -- top priority I guess.

heh...I have a good vocabulary so when I see new words that have some solid links already I dont forget them, so yeah, I still recall you using that word some months back. good info, I was just curious of the juxtaposition. thanks :)