Owledge

List of Second-coming-of-Jesus predictions?

This is not a thread about multiple orgasms.

I was wondering: Does anybody here know whether of the many different phophecies and such about when Jesus would return, is there any one that dated it to any of these?:

1906 (birth)

1949 ff. (active deeds and publicity)

1959 (departure)

This question got me googling, but with no answers. To attempt a second guess at what you are thinking, I wondered if the 1948 Arab-Israeli War of Independence may have been interpreted as Armageddon, and the Annointed One being one of the new figureheads of state upon the new government being formed.

Anyways, great speculation. I learnt alot, again, from the Wikipedia oracle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#State_of_Israel_.281948.E2.80.93present.29

Oh no, I would never think a politician could be a returned Jesus. :wacko:

I'm not saying why I mentioned those specific dates. ;)

Ah c'mon!!!!

Besides, would you expect a sage to lead a world ending battle?

An interesting side note. I remember Time magazine running an article In America's interest in maintaining the Isreali state and power. An obvious interest by the Jewish peoples perspectives, but the Christian population would see it as playing the role in fulfilling the pre-apocolypic prophecy of the Jewish people returning to their homeland, thus heralding the preparation of conditions for the second coming.

They then went on to quote a bible passage that following the second coming, all will be given the opportunity to acknowledge Christ, or suffer the consequences, thus pointing out the possibility of armed conflict between the Jewish people and the Christians for the land of Israel.

The end of the world has been such a preoccupation of human existence. With all the energy being channeled into it, I wonder if it will be a self fulfilling prophecy, rather than a possible metaphorical/allegorical illustration and meaning.

Edited by Sanzon

It's true. People were shorter way back when Jesus was a boy!

It's news to me that not only Christians have expectations regarding Armageddon, but also Islam & the Bahai faith. In fact, the Bahai faith believe Armageddon to already have happened in WWI http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Megiddo_(1918)#section_4

If the three faiths have claims in the outcome of Armageddon, who then was the Christ? Please tell Owledge.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon#section_5

Edited by Sanzon
  • Like 1

Mmm... I am a former Baha'i and if I recall correctly the Great Calamity is still to come. World War I was just the start of a cycle and Abdu'l Baha even predicted the nuclear explosion. A lot of the Baha'i writings have yet to be translated as most of Baha'u'llah's works were written in a literary form of Arabic and Persian in which the vowels are implied. One must be extremely familiar with the previous works to even begin translating the correct insight of the words of Baha'u'llah. As I study Daoism more I have a feeling that Baha'u'llah would have been considered an Immortal. There are a lot of claims to fulfilled prophesies from the Baha'i. I can truly say that I have never encountered a more organized group of passionate and loving people than the Baha'i.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that the Jehovah's Witnesses pointed to a certain battle in World War I, as being either the start or the end of "Armageddon". Seem to remember reading that in one of those little pamphlets that they used to hand out (or maybe still do!).

I don't know about the second coming of anybody, but I do see that Mr. obama has been working wu-wei on national and world affairs since he came into office.

• Like 1

Any belief in Jesus' return that is not connected to some apocalyptic event?

I don't know about the second coming of anybody, but I do see that Mr. obama has been working wu-wei on national and world affairs since he came into office.

You just earned an off-topic award. ;)

what happened on 2012 then??? :D:P

The start of a 20 year cyclical change. On a calendar of 5,200 years,shifts can take time.

I'm pretty sure the world ended in 2012, we just haven't realized it yet.

I wonder if we'd live better if we considered ourselves dying each night and reborn each morning.

Or if we considered the world ended each Sunday and a new one created Each Monday.

It'd be an interesting experiment in life. What we'd do if we seriously believed in the End each week <with certain caveats not to blow all our money or burn bridges>. In some ways the Sabbath at least in some mystical traditions was part of a time spiral, where time moves by the Sabbath remained apart, an eternal holy day, a taste of heaven. As in the saying if you can't enjoy the Sabbath what use do you have for heaven?

I'm pretty sure the world ended in 2012, we just haven't realized it yet.

Maybe it's like looking at the light of a star from millions of years ago.

You just earned an off-topic award. ;)

I know, that was sneaky of me :ph34r:

But just think about it. What if my vision was right? Wouldn't that be the most pertinent topic in the world for TTB's to discuss? If there were actually a world leader who was proficient in wu-wei?

But just think about it. What if my vision was right? Wouldn't that be the most pertinent topic in the world for TTB's to discuss? If there were actually a world leader who was proficient in wu-wei?

Would be. You could make a separate thread about that question.

I wouldn't mention the name Obama though. Will just make people laugh at you.

You're probably right. But on the other hand, the Tao that wasn't laughed at wouldnt be the Tao.

That doesn't mean that everything that's being laughed at is the Tao.

I know, that was sneaky of me :ph34r:

'World-leaders' can't be, as far as I understand TTC, and I'm not sure that Lao Tse suggested otherwise. Although if Obama were proficient in wu-wei, he'd be so close to Tao as dammit that no-one would notice:-)

Plus, Obama is not the only 'world-leader' in the world.

---opinion, whatever---

Now that you point it out... how subtlely fucked up is it to call a president a "world leader"?! ;) It already contains clear indication of where the big problems lie. It's like language is a precursor, an indicator of thought and thus action.

• Like 1

If you refer back to the TTC, the best leader is the one that people don't realize is there. This particular world leader works quietly; he absolutely predicts the actions of those opposing him. He does by Not Doing. If you are capable of very distant eyes, you can see the dynamics.

If you are familiar with The Art of War, which is sort of the TTC on steroids as far as I can see - this particular world leader knows how to do it down to his bones.