Vmarco

World Peace is near (St. Malachi Prophecy)

Connections to Osiris?

+ Even earlier tales further adding to above theory

I don't think the Romans had much interest in alchemy + uniting heaven and earth etc when it came to crucifixions.

Crucifixion is an ancient method of deliberately slow and painful execution in which the condemned person is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross and left to hang until dead.

Crucifixion was used among the Seleucids, Carthaginians, and Romans from about the 6th century BC to the 4th century AD. In the year 337, Emperor Constantine I abolished it in the Roman Empire out of veneration for Jesus Christ, the most famous victim of crucifixion.[1][2] It was also used as a form of execution in Japan for criminals, inflicted also on some Christians.

Crucifixion was often performed to terrorize and dissuade its witnesses from perpetrating particularly heinous crimes. Victims were left on display after death as warnings to others who might attempt dissent. Crucifixion was usually intended to provide a death that was particularly slow, painful (hence the term excruciating, literally "out of crucifying"), gruesome, humiliating, and public, using whatever means were most expedient for that goal. Crucifixion methods varied considerably with location and time period.

The Greek and Latin words corresponding to "crucifixion" applied to many different forms of painful execution, from impaling on a stake to affixing to a tree, to an upright pole (a crux simplex) or to a combination of an upright (in Latin, stipes) and a crossbeam (in Latin, patibulum).[15]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

In your current state, you are taking so much pride in your own delusion that you have failed to differentiate between honest appraisal and ad hominem, throwing that term around as if... i said your English was bad. Hello like.

(Malachi, prophesy, Seyshelles.. and a few others here and there).

Please report the ad hom. Thanks.

ad hominem,....attacking an opponents character, rather than answering or discussing their argument. Honest appraisal, lol,...first, one has to be honest,...and I've yet to see that from any of your ad hominem posts. To call ad hominem an appraisal, isn't even clever,...more of child denial sort of thing,...as when a bully exclaims,..."I was just playing."

Unlike you,...I don't do the report thing. If you cannot communicate in a healthy, non-attacking way, instead of addressing the argument, then nothing I do is going to change that.

Of your numerous neurosis CowTow, going with the flow is a huge one for you. You harbor such insane attitudes,...just go back the past year with every reply you made to me,....all were unsolicited,...all prompted by some predisposition. One cannot go with the stream of life if one continually puts predispositions on the nature of the stream.

ad hominem,....attacking an opponents character, rather than answering or discussing their argument. Honest appraisal, lol,...first, one has to be honest,...and I've yet to see that from any of your ad hominem posts. To call ad hominem an appraisal, isn't even clever,...more of child denial sort of thing,...as when a bully exclaims,..."I was just playing."

Unlike you,...I don't do the report thing. If you cannot communicate in a healthy, non-attacking way, instead of addressing the argument, then nothing I do is going to change that.

Of your numerous neurosis CowTow, going with the flow is a huge one for you. You harbor such insane attitudes,...just go back the past year with every reply you made to me,....all were unsolicited,...all prompted by some predisposition. One cannot go with the stream of life if one continually puts predispositions on the nature of the stream.

Surprised that there was mention of a first prize in some writing contest judged by eminent professors.

Surprised that there was mention of a first prize in some writing contest judged by eminent professors.

I'm surprised that there was no mention of that in the post you were apparently responding to. Perhaps the St Malachi Prophesy could trickle down some peace for you.

Look at it like this,...most serious Religious Scholars today understand that Christianity is a meme. For example, in the 1980s, a biennial gathering of Biblical scholars concluded that only the word father could be traced to Matthew’s so-called Sermon on the Mount. The greater part of the sermon consisted of words placed in Jesus’ mouth by others long after he was dead. During that same period in the 1980s, over a hundred Bible scholars at another seminar agreed that Jesus never promised to return and that he never had any intention of starting a religion. Commenting on these scholars’ conclusions, the Jesuit Rev. Edward Beutner said, "These are not maverick scholars; they take a very careful approach to how sayings were transmitted and evolved in the Bible texts."

What if the new Pope is such a scholar, and admits that Christianity is a meme? If Christianity is proved wrong,...where does that leave Islam, which was built upon the Christian meme? As many people begin to be more honest regarding their beliefs, ideas like "honest appraisal" would take on a new meaning.

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Thomas Jefferson

When faith-based folks realize that everything they thought was meaningful is actually meaningless,...they're not going to become instant anarchists,...they are going to the truth, and philosophies that promote truth realization.

What if Christians considered their religion from a Buddhist viewpoint, like:

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/beyond-belief02.pdf

The info is there,...the attention isn't.

Here are the genuine pope cards created by the Discordian Society. Also their books are available to read or download.

http://principiadiscordia.com/downloads.php

I take issue with that. A Pope is specifically associated with Catholicism,...thus, if everyone is a Papa of Catholicism, which is a cancerous meme http://www.christianitymeme.org/ we would all be guilty of crimes against humanity.

I take issue with that. A Pope is specifically associated with Catholicism,...thus, if everyone is a Papa of Catholicism, which is a cancerous meme http://www.christianitymeme.org/ we would all be guilty of crimes against humanity.

It is a joke! Not to be taken seriously.

I'm surprised that there was no mention of that in the post you were apparently responding to. Perhaps the St Malachi Prophesy could trickle down some peace for you.

Look at it like this,...most serious Religious Scholars today understand that Christianity is a meme. For example, in the 1980s, a biennial gathering of Biblical scholars concluded that only the word father could be traced to Matthew’s so-called Sermon on the Mount. The greater part of the sermon consisted of words placed in Jesus’ mouth by others long after he was dead. During that same period in the 1980s, over a hundred Bible scholars at another seminar agreed that Jesus never promised to return and that he never had any intention of starting a religion. Commenting on these scholars’ conclusions, the Jesuit Rev. Edward Beutner said, "These are not maverick scholars; they take a very careful approach to how sayings were transmitted and evolved in the Bible texts."

What if the new Pope is such a scholar, and admits that Christianity is a meme? If Christianity is proved wrong,...where does that leave Islam, which was built upon the Christian meme? As many people begin to be more honest regarding their beliefs, ideas like "honest appraisal" would take on a new meaning.

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Thomas Jefferson

When faith-based folks realize that everything they thought was meaningful is actually meaningless,...they're not going to become instant anarchists,...they are going to the truth, and philosophies that promote truth realization.

What if Christians considered their religion from a Buddhist viewpoint, like:

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/beyond-belief02.pdf

The info is there,...the attention isn't.

This post smacks of arrogance, like most of poster's other posts.

Its better to live intuitively than rely on information, which is almost always either wrong or does not stay informative for long. So many would actually be living their lives right now based on information which is already past and outdated. Most of your information which you believe is relevant is also outdated and useless, so, why pay attention? There are other more meaningful things to devote one's time to, like gardening, for example, or tending to fish ponds, like MH.

At the end of the day, its not what happens 'out there' (like your excitable notions about this latest development in the Church), but what happens 'in there' in reaction to what happens 'out there' that counts more.

Some would like to remain above the noise and haste, as it were.

• Like 1

This post smacks of arrogance, like most of poster's other posts.

Its better to live intuitively than rely on information, which is almost always either wrong or does not stay informative for long. So many would actually be living their lives right now based on information which is already past and outdated. Most of your information which you believe is relevant is also outdated and useless, so, why pay attention? There are other more meaningful things to devote one's time to, like gardening, for example, or tending to fish ponds, like MH.

At the end of the day, its not what happens 'out there' (like your excitable notions about this latest development in the Church), but what happens 'in there' in reaction to what happens 'out there' that counts more.

Some would like to remain above the noise and haste, as it were.

So we should stop thinking and get on with the gardening? What are we doing spending so much time on here then?

Vmarco started this thread to discuss the prophecy and the Pope's resignation and what it might mean. So what's the problem?

Wait, Jefferson said that? Ok, now I don't understand why the Christian church is so thoughroughly a part of North American national politics. It might have been considered a useful meme to have? Question I have is 'useful for what?'

CT, that's a really interesting suggestion, that intuition might be better over information. I haven't been able to get to any clear conclusions on it because I don't really understand the relationship between them properly yet.

Personally I'd love to see the back of organized religion but I doubt that's going to happen my lifetime.

So we should stop thinking and get on with the gardening? What are we doing spending so much time on here then?

Vmarco started this thread to discuss the prophecy and the Pope's resignation and what it might mean. So what's the problem?

Living intuitively encapsulates thinking without attachment, not not thinking.

Can you say in all honesty that this specific 'meaningful' discussion actually makes a difference to you, personally, Apech? If so, i'd be interested to hear what useful benefit(s) this discussion has brought and will bring to you.

I

Wait, Jefferson said that? Ok, now I don't understand why the Christian church is so thoughroughly a part of North American national politics. It might have been considered a useful meme to have? Question I have is 'useful for what?' CT, that's a really interesting suggestion, that intuition might be better over information. I haven't been able to get to any clear conclusions on it because I don't really understand the relationship between them properly yet. Personally I'd love to see the back of organized religion but I doubt that's going to happen my lifetime.

Yes, useful for what is a good question to ask, Miss K.

Sifting thru and determining information, and all its implied uses, levels and validity, requires expansive energetic outputs, a precious resource indeed.

Can't garden when it is dark outside. Gotta do something till the sun comes up.

The Pope's resignation means nothing. (That, of course, is an opinion.)

• Like 1

The funny thing about Christianity though, is it isn't about Christ at all. They're separate from him. As long as they belong to the Jesus Club and puts their 10 bucks in the plate every Sunday, their "sins" are all forgiven, and they're free to go out and do it all again, over and over.

I'm doing a re-read of the Nag Hammadi gospels, which are the gospels that were stowed away when Constantine and the gang were picking the books for the New Testament in around 325 CE. The ones that they found squirreled away in a cave in Nag Hammadi, Egypt have all sorts of gospels which the powers that Be at the time didn't want the populice to know about and were supposed to be destroyed. But they survived and were found in 1945. They're a fabulous read.

The Nazarene talked about Individual Enlightenment. That was nearly the entire focus of his teachings, were the Christians allowed to see this. But to see themselves as part of the 'I Am?' There's no way Constantine wanted the populace to read about this, this more Mystic Christianity. He wanted the populace to be under his narrow hierarchy where the people had to swear allegiance to him and worship in the way he dictated.

I think the Nazarene was a shaman, a sage, a buddha.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a big fan of Jesus, but Christianity choked out the gospel right from the beginning. Alan Watts says it best:

And so the Christians said: Okay, okay, Jesus of Nazareth was the Son of God but let it stop right there ... nobody else. So what happened was is that Jesus was pedestalized ... he was put in a position that was safely upstairs so that his troublesome experience of cosmic consciousness would not come and cause other people to be a nuisance.

And those who have had this experience and expressed it during those times when the Church had political power were almost invariably persecuted. Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake, John Scotus was excommunicated, [sic] Meister Eckhardt's theses were condemned and so on and so on. A few mystics got away with it because they used cautious language.

But you see what happens ... if you pedestalize Jesus, you strangle the gospel at birth and it has been the tradition of both the Catholic Church and in Protestantism to pass off what I will call an emasculated gospel. Gospel means good news and I cannot for the life of me think what is the good news of the gospel as ordinarily handed down. Because look here .. here is the revelation of God in Christ ... in Jesus ... and we are supposed to follow his life and example without having the unqiue advantage of being the boss' son.

Now there is a much more subtle Christinity of the theologians, the mystics and the philosophers but it's not what gets preached from the pulpit, grant you. But the message of Billy Graham is approximately what I have given you and of all .. what I will call fundamentalist ... forms of Catholicism and Protestantism. What would the real gospel be? ... the real good news is not simply that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God but that he was a powerful son of God who came to open everybody's eyes to the fact that you are too.

• Like 3

Living intuitively encapsulates thinking without attachment, not not thinking.

Can you say in all honesty that this specific 'meaningful' discussion actually makes a difference to you, personally, Apech? If so, i'd be interested to hear what useful benefit(s) this discussion has brought and will bring to you.

I

Nothing wrong with thinking ... its a natural function like everything else.

From here I learned that there was such a thing as the Malachy(i) Prophecy which I had not heard of .. so now I know what it is. It is educational to watch the machinations of the various orthodoxies to see how they operate in the world and therefore guard against them.

Can't garden when it is dark outside. Gotta do something till the sun comes up.

Get some of those halogen lights :)

The Pope's resignation means nothing to you ... I would suggest ... to the millions of Catholics it means a lot, to the Pope himself it means even more and to the candidates as much. To the rest of the world the impact of institutions such as this makes some difference ... even though it may be minimal to you. So I don't see why we shouldn't discuss it. Do you?

Nothing wrong with thinking ... its a natural function like everything else.

From here I learned that there was such a thing as the Malachy(i) Prophecy which I had not heard of .. so now I know what it is. It is educational to watch the machinations of the various orthodoxies to see how they operate in the world and therefore guard against them.

You could end up a very busy man, Apech. So much to guard against, more coming in time.

I am suggesting there could be alternatives.

You could end up a very busy man, Apech. So much to guard against, more coming in time.

I am suggesting there could be alternatives.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." -- Wendell Phillips, (1811-1884)

"Everything is meaningless."

- The Bible

All hail Eris.

Far too few Discordians in the world, it'd be a more interesting place if there were more.

:-)

That Pope Shenouda III was a righteous dude. Had to take bottle being a Pope in a moslem country.

Those Copts seem to have the right idea Pope wise.

When one dies pop in a caretaker and see how he gets on before deciding on the full time appointment.

• Like 1

- The Bible

is that from the Gospel of Turtle Shell ?

- The Bible

Ecclesiastes Chapter 1 ...

17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

All hail Eris. Far too few Discordians in the world, it'd be a more interesting place if there were more. :-) That Pope Shenouda III was a righteous dude. Had to take bottle being a Pope in a moslem country. Those Copts seem to have the right idea Pope wise. When one dies pop in a caretaker and see how he gets on before deciding on the full time appointment.

Does he have his benefits and welfare taken away?