Vmarco

World Peace is near (St. Malachi Prophecy)

It appears that you were neither wrong nor right, SB, for are we, each of us, not mere expedience as well, each dependent on root and contributing circumstance, that is, until complete realization is reached?

As Thinley Norbu said, mushrooms dont suddenly spring up in meadows. Due to various conditions and seasonal play, they, of course, become mushrooms, so, when we eat mushrooms, we are actually eating the conditions which has come together through space and time. Same goes with hearing and so on. Conditions, all. Fixating on the manifestations by labels and names is where stuckness occur, hence grasping takes shape and form.

It is said in The Jewel Treasure of the Dharmadatu:

This is called the self-manifestation of enlightened mind.

Its unobstructed emanation can occur as anything,

With concept and without concept, as the existent phenomena

of outer elements and inner beings,

Including all varied phenomena.

Even as all these arise, they naturally do not exist substantially.

There is no such thing - there is not any permanent material nature.

Just like the water of a mirage, a dream, an echo,

Miraculous emanation, the reflection of form, a town of gandharvas,

and the illusion of the eyes.

It is simply appearing. While it is appearing,

There is no base, there is no substance; just recognize it as only

sudden temporary appearances arising from time to time.

It must be realized that phenomena are not always, but occasional.

:) :) :)

I liked the above.

I'm still learning. I'm a LONG way off from having even one 'realization'. Well I mean...there was the bit 3 weeks ago about there not being a dharma at all and how discussion or assorted "practices" is so...hmm...moot. Kinda weird. It's taken years for me to 'get that' even though it's right there in the Buddha's words himself if you pay attention. I wonder why it took so long? :huh: Yeah you can say "causes and conditions" but I'm just nosy enough to wonder which specific ones? Any in particular?

I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's amazing how...once I finally realized why the Buddha kept saying "there is no dharma" suddenly all of my worrying of whether I got Buddhism *correct* (and the stress that comes with it) vanished in a flash! Now I'm relaxed about it. And to me - everything is "dharma" precisely because there isn't any. Thank god for that!!! No Stressing about it now!! Hallelujah! :D

It's funny how simply by paying close attention some of the things I've always thought were true I realize don't operate that way at all. Very odd.

I wonder how different the human race would be if we all decided to turn ourselves into our own personal lab rats and just started watching ourselves? Maybe my cobbled-together "dharma" will be The Lab Rat Sutra... :ph34r:

BTW - when I said Xabir has attained nothing I recalled a sutra by the Buddha wherein he quite cheerfully told his students he had attained nothing at all. :)

Cheers to you C.T. :)