Aaron

Trolling and Off-topic disruptions

Trolling and Off-topic dispruptions  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should TTB enforce a policy against trolling and off-topic comments meant to disrupt topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have no opinion regarding this.

There's a thread about this in the off topic section. To repeat, I'm not interested in more control. And in this one I'd add that I'm adverse to appeals to authority of the majority too. And I think the word 'troll' is unhelpful.

• Like 2

When people break them, there is a need to reasonably enforce them...otherwise, why do they exist at all?

....................as cosmetics for immature audience.

• Like 1

So you're flat out calling me immature, because I think the forum rules are real? lol

Correction:

..................as cosmetics for immature audience like us.

Edited by ChiDragon

There's a thread about this in the off topic section. To repeat, I'm not interested in more control. And in this one I'd add that I'm adverse to appeals to authority of the majority too. And I think the word 'troll' is unhelpful.

Are you too becoming an Anarchist? (I recommend it.)

• Like 2

While this is true, who mods the mods?

Well if you are serious .... I suppose the answer is Sean who owns the site, gives mod privs and set the general tone. It's his site and he can do with it what he wants in the end.

• Like 3

So you're flat out calling me immature, because I think the forum rules are real? lol

Even I am so immature sometimes. I suggest that this is good.

• Like 1

Does your anus count? Did it go to school?

How the hell am I suppost to respond to that? Of course it went to school as it is a part of me.

I don't see the DDJ as saying there should be no emperor, just that s/he should rule as subtly and unobtrusively as possible. Which implies that s/he does need to rule.

• Like 3

Well if you are serious .... I suppose the answer is Sean who owns the site, gives mod privs and set the general tone. It's his site and he can do with it what he wants in the end.

That is what I spoke to earlier. It is nice to have polls like this regarding how the board should be moderated. However, if such polls are conducted the mod team should present the results to Sean and he should be the only one to change any board rules. I have not seen Sean post in either of these two current threads regarding more limiting moderation.

• Like 2

"I don't see the DDJ as saying there should be no emperor, just that s/he should rule as subtly and unobtrusively as possible. Which implies that s/he does need to rule."

MS.....
You are 100% right. The TTC also says that the people are living in peace; thus they don't even know that there was an emperor ever existed.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

How the hell am I suppost to respond to that? Of course it went to school as it is a part of me.

Mine went to school also but it was always behind me in class.

• Like 3

I'm confused...

Isnt there a member or two who oppose gun control?

I know Uma is ignoring Vmarco, so the rules dont apply to him (as a victim) or even VM (since the victim took control of the situation and didnt have to call the cops on him)...

Anyone see where i am going with personal responsibility and common sense?

Funny how it reflects teh political atmosphere concerning gun control so aptly... :D

About the TCC emperor idea...

When rules are enforced sporadically, it pisses some of the people off and moderators then enter the public spotlight. When the rules and enforcement are simple and clear, it's understood and the focus is on the perpetrators rather than the moderator. So really...having as little bias as possible in enforcing rules (if there will be some) is the key to the Taoist unobtrusive government.

Are you too becoming an Anarchist? (I recommend it.)

What makes you think I wasn't always one? Why do you reckon I've gotten so much flack;-)? It's not (just) a question of politics.

Ok, back into hiding.

• Like 4

I tried that and it didn't work for me. If someone is shovelling BS I feel the need to let others know that what is being shovelled is BS and not honey from the bees.

i think you could reconsider this strategy. i used to have the same call people out motto, because i thought that others might not understand what BS is. Trust me, i can normally tell when someones head is in their own ass. You don't need to make sure i can tell lol

• Like 1

-k- you cant hide from the eye's sight!

Wait, wrong meme, cant cross them over yet!!!

Sauron or my own wish to be liked 'for who I am'? Haha, that last one just doesn't work but at least now I understand why a little more:-)

• Like 1