Protector

Male majority on spiritual sites

Women are bad at properly parking threads.

Also, the forum's color scheme is not attractive enough to draw their attention and awaken interest.

Quite a female style in the forums though, with all the gossiping about the Tao.

@Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

I am a good liar. ;)

Probably because I honor truth so much. Or maybe I just like acting.

Maybe I talk too much.

Maybe not.

No, I think I do.

I'm sure you agree.

At least sometimes.

Like now for example.

Someone please stop me!

Never mind, I stopped.

Darn, paradoxon alert!

This is life, people!

Edited by Owledge

A lot of women find the forum too abrasive, and also too head - based.

Owledge.. 'gossiping about the tao'.... interesting way of seeing it.

What is the difference between gossiping and conversation?

• Like 1

Owledge.. 'gossiping about the tao'.... interesting way of seeing it.

What is the difference between gossiping and conversation?

Don't take what I say to cereals.

• Like 1

I've known a lot of "spiritual" females.

Almost all of them just like to get naked and smoke pot in the woods.

Very wishy washy, peaced out, new-age, super silly people.

This sort of person isn't likely to be posting on a taoist forum.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

Nothing wrong with either of those things Mr Pie. Although I prefer cookies and forests tend to have biting things in them so you need to watch where you put a naked butt.

However, more seriously, it would seem 'most' men have a head-start on head-related things. I had no idea about this but many men apparently can't sense their bodies. I can't unsense mine. If you've ever read Kafka, you'll know it's not a woman who suddenly woke up one morning to find herself transformed into a huge beetle.

Edit: typo

Edited by -K-
  • Like 2

I suppose they have the surrender thing happening

To a mind that is still the whole universe surrenders

As you surrender to the universe the universe surrenders to you?

I see being naked in nature and partaking in sacred plants to be... something I should try one day

2010_12_020739zoo_E7_slider-600x390.jpg

I'll see you on the other side ^_^

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I just got back from visiting my parents...I was planning on putting my mom on a Qigong program to heal her physical problems....She wouldn't listen to me - and we argued all weekend....I think she is more spiritual than me though....She fights me on Qigong though...

• Like 3

Women in my observation seem to be more spiritual in their mentality, but less spiritual in their practice.

Men seem to be more spiritual in their practice, but less spiritual in their mentality.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Women in my observation seem to be more spiritual in their mentality, but less spiritual in their practice.

Men seem to be more spiritual in their practice, but less spiritual in their mentality.

Just my $0.02.

Yeah I think there's something too that. In Gary Clyman's ChiKung Bible he talks about having a hard time getting women to keep appointments - and says they are less likely to follow through....Also I heard Ken Wilber mention something in a talk about how men like to approach spirituality through practices like Zazen - where they just stare at walls and stuff - where as women take a different approach and are more heart based.

Yeah I think there's something too that. In Gary Clyman's ChiKung Bible he talks about having a hard time getting women to keep appointments - and says they are less likely to follow through

Well, that could also have something to do with his personality and what he does. He talks a lot about building confidence, but ironically the way he does it doesn't instill much confidence in him. Having the tendency to think that if someone doesn't follow through his program, it's because they're fucked up ... doesn't create a basis of respect, you know. ;)

• Like 1

Conversation is what we enjoy with friends.

Gossip is what the absent friends we were conversing about call it.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Said it before.

More men than women talking about spirituality online.

Many more women than men 'doing' spirituality in churches, temples and centres.

It's because the innate human need for truth drives us, even the gang bangers. we jsut cant alwys filter out the lies. that comes about from experience and wisdom.

These "most girls", as i refer to them as, are genuinely seeking spiritual fulfillment, but cannot differentiate the genuine spiritual fruit from the plastic counterpart that still looks a lot the same on the surface.

most people nowadays have developed a taste for plastic though... D:

• Like 1

oh? Sounds like you're talking about me~ except for the wishy-washy part.❤

• Like 3

oh? Sounds like you're talking about me~ except for the wishy-washy part.❤

100% ditto.

David Deida writes well about male spirituality being head based and about emptiness and freedom, and female spirtuality being about embodiment, presence, and relationship.

• Like 2

Why did dodo go extinct? It couldn't grasp the concept of itself

OOOOOOOOH what a great thread we are having

Having travelled around a bit and lived in differents communities , I have met a lot of women doing spiritual practises daily -- long term and know of only one other woman personally (in real life) except me to hang out on the internet spiritual forum. This of course does not mean any general statistics , just my expirience.

Also I wonder out of all of us bums how many actually practise daily and how many just talk about practises and philosophies without employing them in daily life.

Have met women that have been/are living by themselves in the middle of nowhere hermit like and meditating , women who teach spiritual stuff in various traditions and also who lead regular family/work life as well as practise .

Most women would find boring to hang out on forum like this, not becouse they are not spiritual , but becouse it would bore them.

Anyaway being naked in the woods is so good .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 4

Anyaway being naked in the woods is so good .

Thanks, now we know where to find them

Naked and in the woods

• Like 1

suninmyeyes, i have to express my cultivation style... it is a duality of sorts maybe? :D I practice autonomously... that is, i practice without the intent to designate a timeframe or style to cultivate... i just let it come to me, rather than seek it out myself.

My only consistent practice is breathing. a Practice i (can) do all day long without cease. However, it is mostly only while my attention is not occupied that i slow my breathing and work toward relaxed autonomous internal breathing. Over time it has become more consistent and more frequent that i can do it while watching TV or playing computer games.

But from the outside looking in... i dont look like i am cultivating anything except a dumb stoner buzz.

Hot Nirvana , what I meant by practise is embodiying , walking the talk in any way . Or dancing the talk naked in the woods. So you get a 5 Taoist stars award today . Congartulations!