forestofemptiness

2012: The End of the World

Lot of it about this season.

Norovirus apparently

Morecambe and Wise Xmas ( ancient repeat) special was on tonight. Still funny.

Those New Seekers (You won't find another fool like me babe) were jolly tuneful back in the day.

I have a theory, crazy but possible. What if people who practiced chi battled the forces of nature to save us all, and that they sacrificed their lives for us, we will never know their names ). : its just a theory but hey, who's to say it didn't happen

People who "practice chi" generally learn to flow WITH nature, not fight against it.

Socialized primates i.e, humans, have yet to fully work with and cooperate with nature.

• Like 2

I have a theory, crazy but possible. What if people who practiced chi battled the forces of nature to save us all, and that they sacrificed their lives for us, we will never know their names ). : its just a theory but hey, who's to say it didn't happen

You cannot win going against nature, It wouldn't even be a fight. Chi is the blood of nature and is what keeps us alive, if you 'battle nature' with chi, you are just killing yourself in a strange, roundabout way.

Socialized primates i.e, humans, have yet to fully work with and cooperate with nature.

Man you got that right.

We work round nature, against nature sometimes (weeding for example) but there's no way we can control nature, it'll always 'win' if you look at it as a man v nature thang.

But if you think of it as us being part of nature and working with it wherever we can then that can help.

Even a weed is just a plant growing in the 'wrong' place from our point of view. As far as the weed is concerned it's just going about its natural business, usually amongst our crops.

Finest weedkiller known to man Is a dutch hoe plus some sweat.

On December 22, I saw five UFOs in formation, up close, picture perfect except my phone suddenly lost power and refused to take a picture. Unless they were Chinese flying lanterns, which I have to stretch my imagination very thin to believe they were, we may not be quite out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

Well, I have enough to worry about taking care of my fish and gardens so please excuse me if I don't start worrying about UFOs and the such.

Every day, every minute somewhere in the world a person is experiencing "The end of the world as we know it" to some degree.

I like to think of the "big event" as a reminder to be prepared for eventualities, not in anticipation of something specific.

TEOTWAWKI is the thief who slipped in through the back door while we were busy watching for something else ... The rat!

stole my last pack of twinkies.

TEOTWAWKI is the thief who slipped in through the back door while we were busy watching for something else ... The rat!

stole my last pack of twinkies.

Hehehe. What's that word? Awareness?

Hehehe. What's that word? Awareness?

Acronym for The End Of The World As We Know It. Teotwawki sounds like a character from a James Fenimoore Cooper novel .. half expect him to be tied up in a loveless relationship with a maid named Tanstaafl.

Well, I have enough to worry about taking care of my fish and gardens so please excuse me if I don't start worrying about UFOs and the such.

Worrying and perceiving are not the same.

But maybe you could explain to me why some people, who understandably don't want to perceive anything that they feel might worry them if they did, react to accounts of such perceptions as some kind of affront or wrongdoing or blunder of judgement on the part of the perceiving party. Perceptions are perceptions. If I say "I saw it," I'm not saying "I worry," I'm not saying "I don't have anything better to do." Yet that's what you heard. Why?..

Worrying and perceiving are not the same.

But maybe you could explain to me why some people, who understandably don't want to perceive anything that they feel might worry them if they did, react to accounts of such perceptions as some kind of affront or wrongdoing or blunder of judgement on the part of the perceiving party. Perceptions are perceptions. If I say "I saw it," I'm not saying "I worry," I'm not saying "I don't have anything better to do." Yet that's what you heard. Why?..

No, I think I didn't hear you saying you were worried about it. Yes, many people believe they have seen UFOs. I have never seen one and I honestly believe that such things do not exist.

The world is at peace with itself today. I am still in my jammies as I had no reason to get dressed. Indeed, perception, how we view the world, has a lot to do with how we interact with it.

Many years ago I thought that life sucked; and it did. For the past uncountable years I have thought that life is great; and it is and has been.

Should I worry that the world is not at peace? No, I won't be doing that. Sure, I will bitch about things that I think could be done better by others, especially my governments, but I will accept that not much is going to change in the near future so I need to keep living my life. If aliens do touch down anywhere close to where I live we are going to have a yard party. Booze will be provided by the host.

Ok let me not say forces of nature, let me say, whatever wanted to demolish earth, they prevented if not stopped it...This could be a great book

Yeah, perhaps a new "War Of The Worlds" where we throw flowers at each other.

Yes, many people believe they have seen UFOs. I have never seen one and I honestly believe that such things do not exist.

A UFO means an "unidentified flying object." You believe you can identify every single flying object? Well, I saw ones I couldn't identify on three separate occasions, not counting the ones that were not identifiable to me but otherwise either unremarkable, or not seen clearly enough to begin with. Of the ones I couldn't identify that I consider remarkable and saw clearly, one appeared over my head without getting there -- just appeared -- stayed immobile for a while, shining in the sun, and then disappeared, also without leaving -- just disappeared. I couldn't identify it. Can you?

A formation of another five, three days ago, flew slowly one after the other, very close, very bright, going higher and higher, at 5:55 pm, against the dark sky, toward the bright moon. I was staring at them for several minutes. I couldn't identify them. I contacted a friend about Chinese flying lanterns and he sent me a video of this festival in Taiwan, with hundreds if not thousands of these being launched. Beautiful. But not the same.

The third one (chronologically between the ones I've described) I could identify but it made no sense. If I tell you what it was I'll lose all credibility. But it was.

Many years ago I thought that life sucked; and it did. For the past uncountable years I have thought that life is great; and it is and has been.

Here's something I don't believe in. I don't believe we "create our reality" pop pep talk style. I believe we co-create our reality with people, forces and circumstances both within and beyond our countrol if we're realistically equipped, and create our delusions if we're defensively equipped. What I don't believe in is "positive thinking creating great lives, negative thinking creating lives that suck." I think to convince oneself that this is so one has to start out by ignoring the existence of a few billion small children -- who are not yet capable of creating reality, only accepting it when what adults give them is acceptable, or not accepting it and dying. I am not capable of holding a belief that presupposes their nonexistence. I've seen them. They do exist, I believe.

We get lots of UFOs , they tend to appear regularly in certain areas.

Glastonbury is a hot spot.

Some say Ley Lines are navigation beacons for them and Glasto is ley line central.

I have no idea what they might be but have seen UFOs enough times not to doubt their actuality.

Yeah, I'm seeing them here in the vicinity of a major naval base and I've never seen them elsewhere. So I definitely can't be sure they're of the off-planet origin. Could be a co-creation though.

There's tons of stuff online.

Thing is whenever you hear about them here the authorities come up with satellites or stars or weather balloons or such.

The Glastonbury sightings are usually dismissed as figments of the viewers' imaginations,many locals there being well known for their fondeness of exotic recreational pharmaceuticals and herbal smoking products.

There's a kernel of accuracy behind such cynicism but as a non drug using teetotaler who has often seen UFOs cavorting above the Tor, I find such arguments unconvincing to say the least.

Can't argue with that, and I didn't mean to imply cultivators are perfect partners with nature. Just that those who cultivate are not likely candidates to actively fight nature.

A formation of another five, three days ago, ...

Hi Taomeow,

I don't want to go any further with this. A while back I pissed a member off by expressing my opinion concerning the subject of UFOs and I don't want that to happen again.

Look at the "favorite quotes" I posted today.

Edited by Marblehead

Yeah, I'm seeing them here in the vicinity of a major naval base and I've never seen them elsewhere. So I definitely can't be sure they're of the off-planet origin. Could be a co-creation though.

The fishermen in my family have a few crazy UFO stories. One two of my uncles saw on different vessels, on the same day. The crew of both ships freaked out becuase the power went out when they flew by.