skydog

The idea of progress.

Ok ive realised its cool to feel like im progressing but can annoy me when "I feel" i am not progressing or regressing, are these concepts, conceptual things, should this even be my focus..I am, I exist....

Lets see I guess progress is a dream like thing it kind of does exist and it is nice to feel like your improving or aim at something,

but is there a better focus, do enlightened masters ponder there progress or get angry at a situation that may make them seem like they are regressing?

Just doodling thoughts again?

Progress implies some sort of direction and some sort of goal. Where are you going, exactly? Who is this 'I' that is moving to and fro? Can it even go anywhere in the first place?

Me and viator posted at the exact same time. That was pretty cool, LOL.

Edited by Fū Yue
  • Like 3

So yeah, where are you trying to go? You are exactly where you are supposed to be at this very moment in time. Progress, regress, digress? What's it all about? Are you prehaps seeking peace and contentment? That's easy. Just don't give a shit. Seeking anything else will only drive you crazy.

Okay, sorry, back to the real world. Push! Push! Push!

• Like 1

Ideas are the dregs. Progress is delusion. Reversion to one's incipience of enlightened being is a matter of remembering that ideas of self are essentially indicative of mental illness.

The idea of progress only engenders hope and its incestuous sibling fear. Their errant parent ego, the prodigal of inherent living aware energy and unborn spirit, makes its living creating entitlement issues in order to appear indispensable and embarrass its homeless spouse, objective knowledge, who won't stand up to her manipulative power-play ways.

I say bitch-slap that hussy hope and bean-dip fear's rear as you retro-progress yo' bad self through the well-greased revolving door of conflicting emotions and steal that long-robed baggage-handlin' demiurge's under-handed wad of liquid assets and make for the southwest with a balance of fire and water.

Wait it out 'til the heat subsides and as you re-enter society— remember to hide yer bling, or you will surely have to sing.

heehee!!❤

ed note: add the heavy heart; re-cast fear's role, give emotions a twirl and change demigod to demiurge

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

You are exactly where you are supposed to be at this very moment in time.

Yes.

To add - you are exactly how you are supposed to be , a part of the nature that is very small but very significant just as you are.

When you decide (or shall I say when the time is right) to change , again that is just as it is supposed to be,outcome of change is also just as it is supposed to be.

Nature is not what is commonly understood as perfect through human eyes.

I remeber a very beutiful story from 'Yoga Vaishista' about a big deamon who after a long practise and regerts got enlightened (pls. correct anyone if I dont remeber it exactly right). So this enlightened deamon knows what there is to know and really doesent want to be a deamon any more , however he cant get a boon to completley redemonise (I invented the word again )himself as this is his nature and role in the world in order to keep it alive. The best he could do is to transform into a viral bacteria that infects (feeds) every so often .

• Like 1

Cheers all damn deci belle I agree with your posts but my ego does not like them lol, at least there is awareness there, was about to say "I am aware"

love to you all

Feelings such as those you mention can be corrected so they don't bother you.

A "regression" might just be a new energetic weakness showing up.

Yes I do think this is happening this happened the other day, cheers

actually there is no such thing as "my" ego like a possession of something that is an illusion... :huh:

Ideas are the dregs. Progress is delusion. Reversion to one's incipience of enlightened being is a matter of remembering that ideas of self are essentially indicative of mental illness.

The idea of progress only engenders hope and its incestuous sibling fear. Their errant parent ego, the prodigal of inherent living aware energy and unborn spirit, makes its living creating entitlement issues in order to appear indispensable and embarrass its homeless spouse, objective knowledge, who won't stand up to her manipulative power-play ways.

I say bitch-slap that hussy hope as you retro-progress yo' bad self through the well-greased revolving door of fear and steal that long-robed baggage-handlein' demigod's under-handed wad of liquid assets and make for the southwest with a balance of fire and water.

Wait it out 'til the heat subsides and as you re-enter society— remember to hide yer bling, or you will surely have to sing.

heehee!!❤

ed note: add the heavy heart

:blink: Make for the southwest ...I see what you did there!

and the last line ahh :)

ah got you about the last line :)

Love to you

Edited by sinansencer

actually there is no such thing as "my" ego like a possession of something that is an illusion... :huh:

Interesting. I kinda' like this and that is really strange, all thing considered. The ego that helps preserve my life. No, I can't go further than that.

• Like 1

I think the ego will always be there or you will cease to exist. The point is to balance the ego with the spirit. Then you can progress in the way you wish, yet be happy with all outcomes. Enlightment is to realise that there is no destination, nothing to strive for because it is all the same, the beginning and the destination are all the same place. To get hung up on achieving bogs you down, yet to get hung up with spirituality leaves you with nothing left. Having the balance leaves you with just enough to be happy.

The yin way is constantly trying to balance them all the time, the yang way is to alternate between the poles of spirit and ego which balance each other out also. You can either slowly achieve constantly like water pushing through the earth, slowly but surely it reaches the end. Or you can burn a hole, go get more petrol and burn a bit more till you get through. Enlightenment is realising they both get through at the same time and giggling at the fustration you used to feel at trying to get through, because all your hard effort and racing is silly because once you get through that is the end. And the end is the beginning.

So you can 'do' and 'be' at the same time. 'Having' for the sake of having is the only thing to avoid in my opinion. Only 'have' so you can 'do' and all the while 'be'. :)

It doesn't mean you won't have desire or that desire is bad, but you will know that it is only a desire of the moment, and if you can look at the big picture tensing up and trying too hard is just silly. Everyone will die eventually so there's no need to rush it.

• Like 2

Progression has more to do with getting ourselves out of the way than anything else. Sometimes we've just got to take a break from the inner dynamics and let it all settle. It's not a race anyway.

• Like 4

This hussy would like to 'bitch slap' you Deci. How about you do a version without the 'violence to female' references? Otherwise it was a good post.

Oooooh 'I'm 'identifying' - who the f*ck cares!

Not very often (although a visit to the Pit and off topic may give you some insights into who's actually cultivating what. Upstairs is for bigots:-)) Edit: Just noticed the meaning of the word 'Bigot' that I intend ('religious hypocrite') could be understood as a purveyor of hateful opinions of other groups.

Second meaning not intended by me:-)

In other words the essence of truth was there in Deci's post but the form (the words used) were something else (IMO). Same thing happens with religions the world over. The metaphor of female shouldn't lead to any actual women getting 'bitchslapped' (or having to put potato sacks over their heads but I digress).

Edited by -K-