skydog

The idea of a special me that is so special it deserves love for being so special, because I am special

Aaron thank you for your "advice" Im sure you mean well but I really dont like your tone, i find it condescending and almost like I am a mental patient, I mentioned I was doing memory healing which brought up some crap, no need to go on and on about it..I am fine, in fact one may benefit from figuring out where to point this figure at or who to.. The post was about a simple idea which has some negative connotations maybe but also has some merit, I am not fond of being in my eyes attacked for an opinion or thought which happened to go through my head.

Sinasencer,

I'm sorry if my tone offended you, but let me explain some of my concerns. First, although you might not be aware, many meditation and energy practices can trigger psychological trauma, Qigong Psychosis being among them. When I recommend you take a break, it's because it's often for the best, especially if you're experiencing trauma.

When I look at what you've shared over the last few months it makes me worry. If I remember correctly you're having issues with your parents, you're feeling emotionally stressed, and you seem very lonely, all of that only exacerbates these things. Meditation is fine when you're in a healthy mindset, but it can trigger deeper psychological issues if it is practiced while your mind isn't clear. I've been meditating longer than you've been alive, so this isn't conjecture, but rather compassionate advice because I care about you and don't want to see you harmed. If you don't like my tone, that's fine, but my tone was meant to say, "I care about you, you're working too hard, take a break."

If I hurt your feelings, I truly am sorry, but all the same I wouldn't feel right if I had these feelings and didn't share them with you and you ended up having a psychotic experience as a result of your practice. Take this whatever way you want, but I do want you to know I care about you, that's the only reason I was talking to you in the first place. If you'd rather not have my input, just ask and I will leave you be.

Aaron

• Like 1

Aaron

Thank you for your post, I felt more respect there. i appreciate it.

yes you have valid points..

Although I will address one point memory healing according to a certain member brought up energetic weaknesses that were trapped, it is ok to do, but if one uses a method that also takes care of these hidden things such as yuen method, sometimes there is great progress but a step backward of mind going crazy happens too. 2 steps forwards one step back.

Also in regards to meditation. I am in meditation nearly all day. In fact yesterday I didnt sleep I was awake while my body was in a state of full sleep, even had a couple of dreams this morning in a state of deep sleep aware. If meditation is used as a therapy it is ego enhancing to a certain degree..

Also yes I live with my parents, but am 22 and am working on different ways to support myself without doing work I dont enjoy, I am getting there. I also am doing much better with parents, control and kindness.. SO I am happy about this.

Also I do not have much money, so I am alone, but am fairly happy in my solitude, It would be nice to do some things I used to do such as art/dance/drumming etc...but this would mean I wouldnt be able to purchase things I am doing to support me being able to support myself permanently.

I appreciate your wisdom, and time spent in meditation...

cheers

et thoughts, I'm sorry I failed to validate what you said.

I would have validated it I think, if I had picked up a sense of something I could definitely have validated.

• Like 1

If "unloved" or even just feeling un-loved, the World can seem to be a very lonely / scary place at times.

If & when you manage to truly Love another person, putting them & their needs before your own.

Things will seem a little less daunting, as you can boost each others confidence.

You're really lucky if they feel the same way about you and treat you in the same way.

It's easy to fall in Love, harder to stay in Love when the boredom, stresses and strains of everyday Life begin to set in.

Don't let Bills, Debts, screaming kids, Mothers-in-law, etc drive the two of you apart. Face things together, support one another & your relationship will become stronger.

Don't keep secrets from one another, share everything openly and honestly.

That way, at least one person on the Planet will think you're really special (but it won't be you !!!)

Basher (All just IMHO obviously)

• Like 3

What's this thread about?

I've lost it ... the thread.

No you haven't.

Yes I have.

No, you very much haven't.

Have, have, have.

Not all men are like this ... but I am.

Aaron

Thank you for your post, I felt more respect there. i appreciate it.

yes you have valid points..

Although I will address one point memory healing according to a certain member brought up energetic weaknesses that were trapped, it is ok to do, but if one uses a method that also takes care of these hidden things such as yuen method, sometimes there is great progress but a step backward of mind going crazy happens too. 2 steps forwards one step back.

Also in regards to meditation. I am in meditation nearly all day. In fact yesterday I didnt sleep I was awake while my body was in a state of full sleep, even had a couple of dreams this morning in a state of deep sleep aware. If meditation is used as a therapy it is ego enhancing to a certain degree..

Also yes I live with my parents, but am 22 and am working on different ways to support myself without doing work I dont enjoy, I am getting there. I also am doing much better with parents, control and kindness.. SO I am happy about this.

Also I do not have much money, so I am alone, but am fairly happy in my solitude, It would be nice to do some things I used to do such as art/dance/drumming etc...but this would mean I wouldnt be able to purchase things I am doing to support me being able to support myself permanently.

I appreciate your wisdom, and time spent in meditation...

cheers

The most important piece of advice I can give you is not to worry about whether or not people respect you. Respect yourself and everything else comes into place. May you find what you're looking for and may it be what you need.

Aaron

• Like 1

If you say "I am so special, I am like this, I am like that" you start to feed your Nafs and your Nafs will be stronger. There is nothing wrong if you say "I love myself" for instance, but if you exaggerate it then it will be narcissism. By the way, everybody is special because every human being is born with a trust of God Almighty in her/his heart. In this trust, there are the 99 Beautiful Names of God. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Islam)

• Like 1

If you say "I am so special, I am like this, I am like that" you start to feed your Nafs and your Nafs will be stronger. There is nothing wrong if you say "I love myself" for instance, but if you exaggerate it then it will be narcissism. By the way, everybody is special because every human being is born with a trust of God Almighty in her/his heart. In this trust, there are the 99 Beautiful Names of God. (http://en.wikipedia....of_God_in_Islam)

What is / are "Nafs" ? Is that something like a persons Ego ?

Agree, because if you cannot love yourself & who you are, how can you possibly love others ?

Final point, are you presuming that those who don't follow / believe in any sort of a God / Gods, aren't "Special" ?

Basher

Final point, are you presuming that those who don't follow / believe in any sort of a God / Gods, aren't "Special" ?

Basher

Oh, he could never do that and get away with it while I am here.

What is / are "Nafs" ? Is that something like a persons Ego ?

Please read the first two link and better if you read the book in the third link

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nafs)

(http://www.enlightennext.org/magazine/j17/frager.asp)

(http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Self-Soul-Psychology-Balance/dp/083560778X)

Agree, because if you cannot love yourself & who you are, how can you possibly love others ?

Ok. no objection. We say "we love every created due to the Creator."

Any person reading my post can see that, your question has nothing to do with my point. Yes, I am a Muslim and believe that Islam is the highest frequency. Everybody is special. Everybody has God's trust in her/his heart. In this trust, there is 99 Beautiful Names of God. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Islam). How can one be aware of this truth (that she/he is very special) if she/he is not a Muslim or worse, if she/he is an atheist? How can she/he understand the concept of 99 Beautiful Names of God (which is an Islamic term) for instance?

Oh, he could never do that and get away with it while I am here.

Sorry? The last time we discussed, you sounded very reasonable, very clever man. I hope you are still the same. I have met many in this forum who consider themselves as emperors. No need for an extra one.

If one is part of the universe they are special...