Audiohealing

Had a rather frightening experience yesterday.

Thanks for the support. The worrisome thing for me is, this whole spiritual journey of mine started back in 2008, and the exact same thing happened to me twice, only it was triggered differently on both occasions.

My first "dark night of the soul" lasted 8 months, and my most recent one lasted 1.5 years. I barely got through them in one piece and were by far the worst thing myself and the people who loved me ever went through.

I am sad to say, my dear friends, I think this is the end of the line for me. Things have gotten progressively worse again and I am feeling terrible. I have a feeling of impeding doom hanging over my shoulders that I cannot shake off, and I cannot help but think about what is in store for me

I have school tomorrow and I can't fathom how I'm going to make it to class.

I am feeling scared, trapped, lonely, and lost.

How would you feel if someone told you you were to spend another year in isolated confinement inside the worst prison imaginable?

The thought alone of making my parents have to go through this with me for a 3rd round is unbearable.

I think I'm going to have a good cry now. :(

Just wanted to tell you that, for someone who practices any kind of insight meditation, what you describe is extremely familiar and common. At many junctures in intensive meditation, extraordinary bliss or other kinds of otherworldly experiences will give way rather quickly to what is called the "dark night of the soul". Contrary to how it feels, it is in fact a sign of spiritual progress - you are closer to the goal of a permanent baseline perceptual shift. I'm not sure if energy practices alone can navigate you forward from this territory, though I definitely believe they can. Otherwise, or on the side, you will want to look into some kind of insight meditation; this could include vipassana, silent illumination, or similar practices. Ultimately the goal is to develop equanimity towards and mindful acceptance of all the sensations that constitute your present state, until those sensations themselves dissolve into pure equanimity. From there, it's only one step further to attain a very positive baseline shift.

Edited by Audiohealing

Thanks guys! Any advice for release trapped energy in the head as well?

you could try this:

Imagine on the crown of your head a lump of gold-coloured butter.

- It slowly melts, and wherever it runs down over your body, all stress and tension in the body disappears.

- Very slowly the butter flows over your forehead, all muscles relax...

- It runs down over your eyes and cheeks..., your whole face relaxes.

- Along the back of your head... your neck... shoulders; feel how much tension is there and let it go....

- Arms and hands.... the chest.. belly....

- Along the spine, the entire back relaxes...your legs and feet...

- The entire body is covered in golden butter and you radiate health.

- Go over the whole body again and breathe out all the remaining stress.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support. The worrisome thing for me is, this whole spiritual journey of mine started back in 2008, and the exact same thing happened to me twice, only it was triggered differently on both occasions.

My first "dark night of the soul" lasted 8 months, and my most recent one lasted 1.5 years. I barely got through them in one piece and were by far the worst thing myself and the people who loved me ever went through.

I am sad to say, my dear friends, I think this is the end of the line for me. Things have gotten progressively worse again and I am feeling terrible. I have a feeling of impeding doom hanging over my shoulders that I cannot shake off, and I cannot help but think about what is in store for me

I have school tomorrow and I can't fathom how I'm going to make it to class.

I am feeling scared, trapped, lonely, and lost.

How would you feel if someone told you you were to spend another year in isolated confinement inside the worst prison imaginable?

The thought alone of making my parents have to go through this with me for a 3rd round is unbearable.

I think I'm going to have a good cry now. :(

The feelings will pass. Try to normalize your day. Eat well, go for a walk, do something you like doing. If it gets bad then tell yourself its only temporary.

Is there anyone you could go and see who could help? if so ... go and see them ...

• Like 1

I just woke up and I am feeling so much better. I still feel alright mentally, it's this sense of anguish in my *chest* that I just can't seem to shake off.

Yes! Luckily I have many great, supportive friends I can talk to. But not anyone that could help me with my particular issue.

I'll let you guys know how this goes from this point on.

The feelings will pass. Try to normalize your day. Eat well, go for a walk, do something you like doing. If it gets bad then tell yourself its only temporary.

Is there anyone you could go and see who could help? if so ... go and see them ...

Reading this thread, it's hard not to notice how your thoughts and perspective are over-influenced by your energetic/spiritual state. When you're at a low point, you say that you're at "the end of the line" and bemoan existence...When you're at a high point, you're grateful and cheery. This is the first thing you need to work on. If you don't put effort into maintaining equanimity through both the low and high points of your practice, you will continue to be dangerously vulnerable and won't progress spiritually.

The fact is that all of these states are impermanent. The positive feelings you have now will probably be gone in a few days. The dreadful feelings that may replace them will probably be gone a few days after that. If you can't see these states for what they are - fleeting aggregates of sensations - you will never be able to transcend them. Trust me: people have gone through some insanely hellish and long dark nights to get to enlightenment. In my opinion, that is the most noble expression of the human condition.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, my depression symptoms have returned today, and I am kind of freaking out. I am under a tremendous load of stress on top of everything, so it is extremely hard to deal with at the moment.

To make things worse, I actually do have bipolar disorder and am feeling myself on the brink of another depressive episode, but I could be wrong. ( havent had one in 2 years )

I literally feel like my heart center has gone from a radiating sun to a black hole overnight.

How could I be so fucking stupid?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my best course of action is? I don't know any masters in my area or anything.

Things had been going so well for a long time now that I felt it was safe to experiment. Please spare me the lessons in stupidity. I assume full responsibility for my actions.

Thanks.

Please do not be too hard on yourself. Its okay to experiment. Now that you know the effects you will be careful next time. Do lots of stretches, go for long walks, breath, eat food that is comforting...

When you start feeling better, first practice direct breathing (inhlae stomach expands, exhale contracts) till you feel your ldt stabilize before starting with the spine.

• Like 1

Good for what ails ya is that microcosmic circulation bro.

Keep up with the QiGong and I reckon you'll be right as ninepence before you know it.

Behind the sternum or just below the atlas axis in the neck are the two main sticking points for most people.

Might be that doing a cocktail of cultivations has thrown some Qi out of whack so QiGong on its own with nothing else cultivated should do the trick in settling and moving on any backups.

Standing 8 Strands of Silk Brocade is what the Dr ordered I'd say and watch not to grip the ground with your toes or have all your weight in your heels.

Root and draw through bubbling well just behind ball of each foot being as flat footed as you can.

Be well.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I'm doing MUCH MUCH better today, guys. I made it through school today almost without a hitch, except that my energy and concentration were completely shot.

I have never felt so mentally and physically drained in my life. :(

I'll keep up with the Qigong, stay positive, and I'll let you guys know what happens. I appreciate all your advice (I would reply individually if I had the energy right now!) and sincerely take it to heart.

No worries. I do feel like that sometimes. But a)it's alright b)tends to be a reason of some kind for it

I recall something like this (although it will not be the same as your experience) as like 'having been dragged through a hedge backwards and then stamped on. Or like my bones are poking sharply out from under my skin.

Hang in there:-)

• Like 1

Good to hear. Glad you made it to school. Sometimes it's best to just do what you have to do, and forget about your troubles.

• Like 1

I'm actually going to print this. You are dead-on.

Reading this thread, it's hard not to notice how your thoughts and perspective are over-influenced by your energetic/spiritual state. When you're at a low point, you say that you're at "the end of the line" and bemoan existence...When you're at a high point, you're grateful and cheery. This is the first thing you need to work on. If you don't put effort into maintaining equanimity through both the low and high points of your practice, you will continue to be dangerously vulnerable and won't progress spiritually.

The fact is that all of these states are impermanent. The positive feelings you have now will probably be gone in a few days. The dreadful feelings that may replace them will probably be gone a few days after that. If you can't see these states for what they are - fleeting aggregates of sensations - you will never be able to transcend them. Trust me: people have gone through some insanely hellish and long dark nights to get to enlightenment. In my opinion, that is the most noble expression of the human condition.

Good news everyone!

I am 90% back to "normal", and actually a bit better overall, thanks to this lesson in sweet humility, I am seeing this much more clearly now. I honestly am still in shock with how quickly I recovered, but I couldn't have done it without everyone's love and kindness in getting through this.

• Like 1

I'm glad that you feel better.

I've had similar experiences a few times. I'm still struggling as we speak.

It's a case of depletion of Qi. You forced the convertion of Qi into Shen (the bliss feeling) too much. It's the similar effect of taking drugs to get "high".

You had little Qi left then you feel crappy and depressed. It's normal.

Since you're young and know how to accumulate Qi now. You recovred quickly. Another big reason was that you worried about your parents. Unselfish thinking could amass Qi quicker.

Laughter is the best medicine. Love conquers all.

If you have someone, who genuienly care about you, huggs you, tell you that they love you, and you'll be OK, you can recover quicker.

Next time, when you have the "bliss", please have gratitude and try to share your "bliss". The thought of sharing counts too.

I think the "bliss" is a reward for "good" deeds. Believe in karma. Any unearned "bliss" will have its consequences.

Take Care and God Bless Us All.

hey guys,

I just drew this to describe how my energy body feels before and after (left = before, right = after).

I think what actually happened is that I shot all my energy UP my FRONT channel and that's why things got messed up. Is this possible?

Like I said, I was feeling better, but today I felt like crap again and it takes a lot of effort to keep myself balanced. Today at school I had to go to the bathroom a bit just to cool off because I suddenly started freaking out for no reason.

I know time heals all wounds but I really wanted to take some proactive steps on healing myself. Qigong helps, but doesn't address the issue I have in the heart area, and might actually be making it worse, since I think I might be driving the energy in the wrong channels and congesting things up even further..

post-54185-0-42647700-1352337438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Audiohealing

I have the same issue of energy rising in the front channel causing problems. Recently when looking into jin shin jyutsu, I found that they have a method which is supposed to be the most effective for solving this. They say it's because the stomach energy flow (which is anterior descending energy) doesn't match the spleen flow (which is anterior ascending, or energy rising up the front channel). The stomach flow is said to help relieve worry and mental stress, for clearing congestion above the waist, getting rid of bloating, or weight problems, etc...

The method itself is pretty annoying and seemingly complicated to do.

Here is the stomach flow AKA "anterior descending energy sequence" in case you want to do it:

1. Left fingers on right cheekbone, Right fingers on right center of the collarbone. Hold for a good amount of time...if you want you can simply do this position only. This step 1 is considered the quickie version of doing the entire flow. The cheekbone is called Safety Energy Lock (SEL) 21 in jin shin jyutsu. Center of collarbone is SEL 22.
  2. Right fingers on left stomach area, where the ribcage meets the abdomen in the front. Left fingers stay on right cheekbone the entire time. SEL 14.
  3. Right fingers on left side kidney area (on the back). You can use the backs of your fingers for more comfort in the position. SEL 23.
  4. Right fingers on right ribcage/abdomen area, over where the liver is. SEL 14.
  5. Right fingers on area above the left knee, about 3 inches up, and sort of on the inside (over vastus medialus oblique muscle). SEL 1 (high version).
  6. Right fingers halfway down left lateral calf, midway between the outside of the knee and ankle, off the left shinbone. SEL 8 (low version).
  7. Right fingers hold left middle toe.

It can be done on the other side of the body by reversing all of the directions. They recommend to use the side that has more tension along the pathway...but either way, it will open the flow of the anterior descending energy.

• Like 1

Doing fantastic after 1.5 hours of qigong (with MCO).

Turns out I wasn't sending the energy down the correct channel in the front. After fixing this, everything is slowly coming back to normal. It's amazing.

Edited by Audiohealing

Okay so I just tried this and got some pretty interesting results!

How exactly are the fingers supposed to be positioned, though? Also, how long should I hold each pose, how should I be sitting while doing them, and are there any special breathing or visualization exercises to do along with this as well?

With the quickie version, I felt my LDT fill up very quickly. It was pretty cool.

I have the same issue of energy rising in the front channel causing problems. Recently when looking into jin shin jyutsu, I found that they have a method which is supposed to be the most effective for solving this. They say it's because the stomach energy flow (which is anterior descending energy) doesn't match the spleen flow (which is anterior ascending, or energy rising up the front channel). The stomach flow is said to help relieve worry and mental stress, for clearing congestion above the waist, getting rid of bloating, or weight problems, etc...

The method itself is pretty annoying and seemingly complicated to do.

Here is the stomach flow AKA "anterior descending energy sequence" in case you want to do it:

1. Left fingers on right cheekbone, Right fingers on right center of the collarbone. Hold for a good amount of time...if you want you can simply do this position only. This step 1 is considered the quickie version of doing the entire flow. The cheekbone is called Safety Energy Lock (SEL) 21 in jin shin jyutsu. Center of collarbone is SEL 22.

2. Right fingers on left stomach area, where the ribcage meets the abdomen in the front. Left fingers stay on right cheekbone the entire time. SEL 14.

3. Right fingers on left side kidney area (on the back). You can use the backs of your fingers for more comfort in the position. SEL 23.

4. Right fingers on right ribcage/abdomen area, over where the liver is. SEL 14.

5. Right fingers on area above the left knee, about 3 inches up, and sort of on the inside (over vastus medialus oblique muscle). SEL 1 (high version).

6. Right fingers halfway down left lateral calf, midway between the outside of the knee and ankle, off the left shinbone. SEL 8 (low version).

7. Right fingers hold left middle toe.

It can be done on the other side of the body by reversing all of the directions. They recommend to use the side that has more tension along the pathway...but either way, it will open the flow of the anterior descending energy.

With this method, the direction that the fingers point isn't important. Mostly, they say it's best to have the finger pads (starting at the base of the finger all the way to the tip, on the palm side) on the area. The SELs can be opened if the fingers are touching within 3 inches of the SEL...so exact positioning isn't something to worry about at all. If it's more comfortable, you can also place the backs of the fingers on the area.

You can sit any way that is most comfortable to hold the positions. They suggest that breathing is very good to do along with it. No visualization is necessary...in fact it's probably best to listen to music or be watching tv to take your mind off of it. Then you can relax and energy will flow.

I agree...it's cool that the dantien can fill up, with methods that don't directly work on it.

• Like 1

Fantastic! Thank you, brother. :)

Can you tell me a bit more about the book? I'm interested in purchasing it now.

In what ways would you say it has helped you?

With this method, the direction that the fingers point isn't important. Mostly, they say it's best to have the finger pads (starting at the base of the finger all the way to the tip, on the palm side) on the area. The SELs can be opened if the fingers are touching within 3 inches of the SEL...so exact positioning isn't something to worry about at all. If it's more comfortable, you can also place the backs of the fingers on the area.

You can sit any way that is most comfortable to hold the positions. They suggest that breathing is very good to do along with it. No visualization is necessary...in fact it's probably best to listen to music or be watching tv to take your mind off of it. Then you can relax and energy will flow.

I agree...it's cool that the dantien can fill up, with methods that don't directly work on it.

I got a used version on amazon for 3 bucks. So far my energy problems are not quite fixed, yet...but it's a fun way to explore the energy flows of the body. I need to do a lot of work on the stomach flow...too bad it's one of the most awkward ones. :)

Stop masturbating, stop ejaculating, your symptoms will get worse.

You have to realize that bliss does not arise from orgasm/ejaculation, its only a "pleasant" sensation that is transitory. Bliss arrives when we are chaste, when we retain the sexual energy and transmute it. Transmutation has nothing to do with orgasm, actually it is the opposite, its to retain and transform it (the sexual energy).

To orgasm is to walk the path of the dead, that is, to deepen our suffering condition, on the other hand, to retain and transmute the sexual energy is to walk the path of the living, which is to relieve our suffering.

Do not waste your energy for mere pleasure or in hopes of finding bliss, you will only discover more suffering and pain, whether that be physical, psychological or emotional. Learn to have control over your sexual urges (do not indulge or suppress).

To remove mental problems such as your bipolar condition work with the mantra S-M-HON (repeating mentally or verbally as often as possible with mindfulness) "Ssssssssss, Mmmmmmm, Hhhhhoooonnnn". With this mantra in combination with transmutation you can heal your mind, forget about the orgasm.

Transmutation information: http://sacred-sex.or...ng-started.html

Transmutation techniques: http://sacred-sex.or...or-singles.html

Effects of orgasm: http://sacred-sex.or...sturbation.html

Edited by FieryWind

On the other hand orgasm relieves tension and stress which allows energy to flow more freely through the body

Can you tell me more about the mantra and how it could help me?

I am having great results with Spring Forest Qigong. I get 75% remission from my issues, BUT they resurface full blast after about an hour or two.

I have no effing clue what I should do anymore.

The issue is really in my heart and chest area. It's preventing a proper downflow of the energy in the front channel. I know this for sure, 100%, since when I manage to get the energy flowing correctly, I return back to normal almost completely, feel alive, can concentrate, etc., but again as I said, it wears off very quickly and I'm back to feeling like shit after a couple of hours. I have NO IDEA how to fix it.

Stop masturbating, stop ejaculating, your symptoms will get worse.

You have to realize that bliss does not arise from orgasm/ejaculation, its only a "pleasant" sensation that is transitory. Bliss arrives when we are chaste, when we retain the sexual energy and transmute it. Transmutation has nothing to do with orgasm, actually it is the opposite, its to retain and transform it (the sexual energy).

To orgasm is to walk the path of the dead, that is, to deepen our suffering condition, on the other hand, to retain and transmute the sexual energy is to walk the path of the living, which is to relieve our suffering.

Do not waste your energy for mere pleasure or in hopes of finding bliss, you will only discover more suffering and pain, whether that be physical, psychological or emotional. Learn to have control over your sexual urges (do not indulge or suppress).

To remove mental problems such as your bipolar condition work with the mantra S-M-HON (repeating mentally or verbally as often as possible with mindfulness) "Ssssssssss, Mmmmmmm, Hhhhhoooonnnn". With this mantra in combination with transmutation you can heal your mind, forget about the orgasm.

Transmutation information: http://sacred-sex.or...ng-started.html

Transmutation techniques: http://sacred-sex.or...or-singles.html

Effects of orgasm: http://sacred-sex.or...sturbation.html