Sign in to follow this  
Lucky7Strikes

Activating Kunlun Energy Without the Posture

I've practiced kunlun 1 and I'm convinced that it is a form of zhang zhuang, same principle. But it is easier to hold kunlun for longer time and the effects are amplified by this.

What do you mean by "activate kunlun"?

During Kunlun, do you focus on the internal sensations or the feeling of chi between the hands? I don't practice, i'm just curious.

I think activating kunlun is something you gain an ability to do once you're fully acquainted with the feelings during practice. It involves surrendering the head into the heart, becoming effortless, the heart energy expanding, the navel energy rising to the heart. Just my view...I was never really capable of this...maybe someone who had an easier time doing it, who feels they understand it, can explain their perspective.

• Like 1

I think its easy to over-intellectualize this. This just about reminds me of the question how do I lift my testicles. Its basically a matter of recognizing like turtle shell said, and manifesting it yourself. Pretty much once I was able to recognize, I could manifest a measure of it - but its not like Max standing there blasting it like a powerful stereo system :lol: It was vaguely reminiscent of an infrasoundey thing, almost as if it was actualized by the central channel.

During Kunlun, do you focus on the internal sensations or the feeling of chi between the hands? I don't practice, i'm just curious.

You're not supposed to focus anywhere but once the sensation arises, you are to let go into the energy so it does its own thing.

I was curious because focusing on the third eye immediately activates the same bliss shaking energy for me.

• Like 1

Third eye according to some (like Swami Satyananda Saraswati in his book Kundalini Tantra) is where ida and pingala merge into the central channel...so that makes sense, as the kunlun method aims to do the same thing. From that one energy center, the entire energy body is transformed. Third eye has a correlation with the heart, one helping to open the other...third eye meditations will give an emotional elation, but will cultivate more of an emptiness type of energy...whereas heart meditations will bring emotional turbulence, but will cultivate more of a blissful energy (IME). We know how important the third eye area is to Taoists...even in the same tradition (Shangqing...in the Gold Pavilion text), the pineal gland is metaphorically called Mount Kunlun. Some say that Lao Tzu was speaking about it when talking about "the root of heaven and earth". Just some ideas for you.

• Like 1

I didn't know anything about Kundalini until playing a guitar a long time ago within a large group setting where people were singing and playing, it just happened by itself. I didn't think anything about it nor did I tell anyone and I never thought to repeat it.

Evidently, formal postures aren't necessary.

Third eye according to some (like Swami Satyananda Saraswati in his book Kundalini Tantra) is where ida and pingala merge into the central channel...so that makes sense, as the kunlun method aims to do the same thing. From that one energy center, the entire energy body is transformed. Third eye has a correlation with the heart, one helping to open the other...third eye meditations will give an emotional elation, but will cultivate more of an emptiness type of energy...whereas heart meditations will bring emotional turbulence, but will cultivate more of a blissful energy (IME). We know how important the third eye area is to Taoists...even in the same tradition (Shangqing...in the Gold Pavilion text), the pineal gland is metaphorically called Mount Kunlun. Some say that Lao Tzu was speaking about it when talking about "the root of heaven and earth". Just some ideas for you.

curious to what extent third eye is differentiated from the ni wan - ime ida pingala connect at the ni wan, not third eye. much easier to connect ni wan and heart.

The connection sounds right to me, when practicing tummo a few years back that area always seemed to bliss out when the energy circulated back up, or sometimes even drawing energy through that area caused bliss on its own.

Above I described the spontaneous rush of velocity up the spine and out the head.

If by Kunlun energy you mean bringing up silver potential and suffusing this to merge at the crown to shower down, I can assure you, this requires no posture at all.

It is possible to witness this before falling asleep on one's back in bed.

Observation leading to stillness of processes; concentration leading to cessation of thought: the two things mingle.

One does not move energy. It is not the same thing in this instance as beginners' energy work. Do not focus on the pineal gland. It is very important not to focus on any point in the body. It is best to exercise mental stillness and observe the spontaneous massing of potential in the body; since it is a natural event upon stilling body and mind , there is no need to help or influence the process.

The most important requirement from start to finish is sincerity and openness. Next, it is important to recognize the time.

At the right time, the energy rises; when it meets the crown, sweet dew showers the self. Be sure to sent it off mindfully.

Probably you feel some bliss when you focus on your 3rd eye, then allow that to spread out, and loosen up into a more kunlun style feeling. I just tried it out, so it might be that. I think in general people tend to get focused on some physical component when the real action is taking place on a subtler level more spread out in the body, which you can feel but its hard to pinpoint or describe, so they talk about the physical component.

Isn't Kunlun meant to be a downward flow water path, seems that focusing on the head will counteract that and do the opposite.

You can activate the energy just by shaking your legs though

Isn't Kunlun meant to be a downward flow water path, seems that focusing on the head will counteract that and do the opposite.

You can activate the energy just by shaking your legs though

Interesting...because shaking the legs will open the leg channels for a moment...but it activates more of an earth energy, which will rise through the body. Doing a third eye meditation, you will feel an energy (or whatever...hormones maybe) diffuse down throughout the entire body. So it's actually kind of opposite, sometimes. The energy that's invoked in the area will go up or else down to bring balance, but your body's energy will have a slight lowering or rising to go where attention is. It's tricky.

It is best to exercise mental stillness and observe the spontaneous massing of potential in the body; since it is a natural event upon stilling body and mind , there is no need to help or influence the process.

This is pointing in a good direction.

Hmmm, I must attest that through playing the red lighting form, from dragon gate sanctuary as taught to me by Zerostao, I have activated Kundalini through this form. Pretty sure it is the the shoulder blades spreading apart that helps drive the energy.

A note, I had done the standing wave double vortex posture prior, which is not the same as the fire/water seated Kunlun posture that I am familiar with.

I have tried both and have gotten better results in with attaining the "dragonback" with the standing wave. I am not educated enough to know how this spiraling heart energy affects the kundalini.

Hopefully this input will help or offer some insight.

Just got back from seeing Max and can finally do this after 2 1/2 yrs of kunlun.

Totally a subtle thing. I'm sure it feels different for all of us. I just sink into the heart and relax deeply. Fin. So easy to over-think. I don't feel bliss, so the idea of "raising bliss" doesn't apply.... but this achieves that same openness that allows for tangible connections to other cultivators and natural/elemental forces (amongst other things).

best.

balance.

(echoing deci with sincerity/openness/stillness)

Edited by balance.
  • Like 5

Yup - over thinking will not do much. It's much simpler than what we *think*.

I 'ask it' to start up - but even that sounds too complicated... It's a simple case of will - there's a cup of water and the impulse that is used to pick it up and drink it is the same impulse you use to start the energy. Maybe I've been doing it for long enough that it's as simple as that...

Let me try it...

Right - so this happens in a millisecond, but it's like tuning into a frequency already inside... tuning to it, hearing/feeling it and allowing it to spread and take over. That's the best I can do in words.

The mind (for me) doesn't *have to* drop into the heart - I can carry on with mental arithmatic and let the energy do its thing. But as the mind does drop, a tangible sense of great depth unvails itself. The energy can then penetrate deeper and I'm able to surrender more and more.

• Like 3

But how Kunlun is compatible with abdominal breath meditation? Is there such a technique to calm down the heart?

Edited by Eugene

I read here something like abdominal breath is "fire method" (ascending) and Kunlun is "water" (discending).

I read here something like abdominal breath is "fire method" (ascending) and Kunlun is "water" (discending).

Its all about intention - if you make your abdominal breath fiery, it'll be fiery. If you make it soft and watery, it will be so. That's why the one breath concept is there - so soft that the transitions between inhale and exhale are blurred, they roll seamlessly into one another :)

One breath does both ascending (inhale) and descending (exhale). Besides, it's relaxing and calms the mind, which goes well with the water path. Joeblast has been involved in Kunlun for a number of years.

Sign in to follow this