DreamBliss

WARNING! A strange person has just joined your forums!

Well hello everyone! A friend of mine, also I suppose my teacher and guide, known as Telethiese at Dream Views (where I am also a member under the same user name) recommended you to me.

I wasn't going to sign up initially. Been burned too many times, kicked out of Spiritual Forums, tired of signing up at dozens of forums for half a dozen answers. So I wanted to read some forum posts and replies. But you guys have limited your permissions here for nosy folk like me, so I went ahead and signed up. Sometimes the best way to learn how to swim is to jump in the water. Just have to hope there aren't any sharks in here...

Well expect some very strange questions from me covering subjects that are going to test the limits of your collective knowledge and experience!

- DreamBliss

• Like 2

Hello Strange Person,

One thing you will find here is that there are no universal thoughts. Someone will always be willing to disagree with you. And we love answering questions even when we know nothing about the subject being inquired into.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

And we love answering questions even when we know nothing about the subject being inquired into.

Enjoy!

Atheist!!!! :D

Well hello everyone! A friend of mine, also I suppose my teacher and guide, known as Telethiese at Dream Views (where I am also a member under the same user name) recommended you to me.

I wasn't going to sign up initially. Been burned too many times, kicked out of Spiritual Forums, tired of signing up at dozens of forums for half a dozen answers. So I wanted to read some forum posts and replies. But you guys have limited your permissions here for nosy folk like me, so I went ahead and signed up. Sometimes the best way to learn how to swim is to jump in the water. Just have to hope there aren't any sharks in here...

Well expect some very strange questions from me covering subjects that are going to test the limits of your collective knowledge and experience!

- DreamBliss

- DreamBliss

Hello Nigel, Nice to see you here.

Are you still living with your mum?

Do pass our best regards to her.

:)

Hello Nigel, Nice to see you here.

Are you still living with your mum?

Do pass our best regards to her.

Nasty!!

@ DreamBliss

Welcome. :)

I hope that you will soon have a very different experience here and that all your questions are answered.

Ask away.

As MH says, we love answering questions (but it's up to you to pick the right answer. Just think of it as MCQs. :D

Nope... intuitive.

My intuition is that you have some "issues".

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

I think "DreamBliss" must be very accomplished....

Anybody that can draw, take photographs & play the guitar, whilst cycling must have amazing co-ordination !!

Welcome Strange Person, to the land of some even stranger people.

Strangest... Welcome... Ever...

I am beginning to view concepts such as success and accomplishment with the same disdain as what others call reality.

- DreamBliss

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

Fair enough way to look at success and accomplishment but a nice warm house, cuddles now and then and a full belly beats sitting out in the cold-cold snow hungry and unloved so maybe it's a matter of degree (same as 'reality').

What do you think DB?

• Like 2

I think its sad we have to follow the generally accepted ideal of what society calls success and accomplishment in order to have a nice warm house, someone to cuddle with, and a full belly. To add insult to injury society calls this so-called "American Dream", this vision of a white picket fence and a family, reality. The sole reason to live and die on this planet.

We are very much like sheep. We drive in herds where we work in herds and back to where we live in herds. We follow this idea of reality simply so we don't have to be out in the snow, cold, alone and hungry. Even those living on the street generally huddle together somewhere. Very few people actually want to live outside the herd mentality, or maybe I should use the word drone mentality, for fear of loss of personal comfort and their basic needs.

Everything we do, we strive for, we attach value to, all of it is driven by our 5 senses. What we can see, taste, touch, smell or hear. We become trapped by our senses and by our beliefs, making us narrow minded. Few rarely if ever consider there may be more to life than society's ideal of it. Fewer still who realize this actually try to change things.

Think about this for a minute... Is the only workable system one were everyone goes to work a a job that usually makes no use of their inherent abilities and talents, work for 40 years or more, if they are lucky to even keep their just that long, just so they can barely make rent or pay the mortgage on their house, all in the effort to raise children who will be forced to do the same, in the vain hopes that someday, when they are in their 60's or 70's, their bodies used up, their minds failing, that they can enjoy the final years of life in retirement?

No, there has to be a better way. A way to move beyond this flawed concept, allow people to work at things that make full use of their inherent abilities and talents, and in return get a nice place to live, knowing their children will be able to do the same. And once the focus is removed on survival and blind pursuit of a non-existent dream, they will have a chance to explore the world that lies beyond what their physical senses show them.

That's what I think, but these thoughts should be considered a WIP. I fully intend that, should it flow in my life's course to do so, I will change the system for myself and any family I may be blessed with. If I am given the chance, I intend to change things.

- DreamBliss

That's what I think, ...

- DreamBliss

Ah!, but you have set limits on the herd animals, have you not?

Isn't it possible to be a herd animal at times and yet be a lone wolf other times? That is, isn't it possible to have the "American Dream" and yet maintain great freedom and individuality? What I am speaking to is the security of the "American Dream" but yet the freedom of the lone wolf - the individual.

I do agree that limiting ourself to just one philosophy of life will, in most cases, prevent us from experiencing our full potentials. Don't you think that it is possible for a person, nearly all people, to seek and attain security in life and yet, on occcasion experience the life of a free spirit?

You'll feel differently once you meet the right person for you and want to settle down.

And once the kids come along, forget changing the world mate. It's all you'll be able to do to keep up with your own little family. Sod the universe.

You'll feel differently once you meet the right person for you and want to settle down.

And once the kids come along, forget changing the world mate. It's all you'll be able to do to keep up with your own little family. Sod the universe.

So True. LOL.

Herd Animals maybe ?

Or perhaps we're all just Mice, running around on our little wheels going no-where....some faster than others.

If money didn't matter and you were warm & fed... what would you choose to do with your life ?

Work hard in any Office for 40 years, making lots of money for somebody else ?

I don't think so !

All I know is I don't intend working in an office, or anywhere else, for anyone else, for 40 years. I will find another way, and any female daft enough to stay with me will be well worth the wait.

- DreamBliss

Edited by DreamBliss

All I know is I don't intend working in an office, or anywhere else, for anyone else, for 40 years. I will find another way, and any female daft enough to stay with me will be well worth the wait.

- DreamBliss

If you still have any desire to be with any female, regardless of how strange that female is, in the end, you are still not strange enough.

In the end, you are still an ordinary man like every other man on the streets.

45 years boy and man I've been working full time and no sign yet of retirement. Thing is you kinda get used to it after a while. Nobody ever heard a dying man utter his last words as.... " I wish I'd spent more time at work" but there are jobs and jobs and I've been lucky. Pretty cushy number and 18 weeks a year holidays with pay so I'll not 'wear out'' anyway. The Sikhs have the right idea about work, it's something honourable and everyone should do what they can to contribute to the common good. Here in UK we have a welfare sponging sub culture consisting of the unemployable and workshy. NOT I hasten to add those who would love to work but cannot but feckless bone idle gits who are happy to suck deep at the welfare pap whilst other poor saps pay to keep 'em.

Finding a significant other is another matter, many of us on here are perhaps on second or more attempts at that but it sure is fun trying to find the right one and really nice whilst they remain the right one. We do Zen archery which is a great fun club activity and if any bums out there are looking for a likely partner then look no further than your local archery club. Speed dating central.

• Like 1

I should be clear that I have been working hard the last 20 years or so. I like to work hard. But I want to work hard on things that matter to me. Put effort into doing things that are worth the effort. I have no intention of lazing about. I just also have no intention of working at the first crappy job I can find simply because society, through my family, tells me I should do so. I've already put in a lot of hard work and had very little to show for it most of my life. I don't want 40 years or so of that. If I'm going to work hard for 40 years at something, then I need a proper return for all the time and effort. A small house or apartment, a minvan and a mortgage just doesn't cut it.

I will remember your tip about the Zen Archery...

- DreamBliss

Edited by DreamBliss

In the end, you are still an ordinary man like every other man on the streets.

If only that were true!

BTW how do you determine who is an "ordinary man" and who is not? How do you define "ordinary?" What makes you so certain that your idea of ordinary is correct? That society's idea of ordinary is correct? Who determines, ultimately, what shall be labeled as ordinary or extraordinary or subordinary? What would you do if it wasn't ordinary to be ordinary? Why not believe that everyone is extraordinary and thereby manifest an intention that they be so? Wouldn't this world be a better place if it was populated by the extraordinary? What is extraordinary anyway? Is that more of ordinary, like you have extra ordinaryiness, or does it mean more than ordinary? Because of it means more of ordinary, well you shouldn't wish that on anyone. Better to see the best in others, not the average.

Anyhow be careful with the label machine around peope -

- DreamBliss

Edited by DreamBliss