Lindelani Mnisi

Judgement day

I was wandering, what do you guys think of the supposed end of the world, should I spend more time practicing chi?

Yes.

:D

But could you atleast tell me what you think is going to happen on that day and period

Why?

There is a 100% certainty that one day will be my last day. Might be today. It was last Thursday for my father.

My prediction? When looked back on from 12/21/2112, 12/21/2012 will be virtually indistinguishable from 12/20/2012 or 12/22/2012.

• Like 2

While waiting try this out:

The prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

• Like 2

I was wandering, what do you guys think of the supposed end of the world, should I spend more time practicing chi?

Being concerned with an unrealistic future is the opposite of what we should practice.

Edit: A Seeker, sorry to hear about your father. Wishing you well.

Edited by turtle shell

I'd say set short terms, mid term, and longer term goals. Take time to enjoy each day. Life's challenge is to live each day completely whether its the last or not. We only live about 30,000 days. I don't know about the world ending, but We will end, and hopefully look back at a life well spent.

Oh Sh*t!!!

That I found humorous... Just jump it over...

Be at peace, in love, with faith, hoping the light is a gateway to joy and understanding the gift of eternal life.

and remember to smile :-)

Thank you, rene & GrandmasterP

After 89 mostly good years (Pearl Harbor not withstanding), he suffered through several months of systemic deteriorations after being diagnosed with acute leukemia in February. He was in constant pain near the end so his departure was a joyous thing -but bittersweet nonetheless. Family & friends will be gathering this weekend to tell tales. :)

• Like 1

My condolences seeker, glad you could see the silver lining, but i for one have never been really able to feel great pain, just a little sad and Id fake crying cause i felt i should but now that I think about it. Deep down inside I must have known that there was good in it, after all, the end is only the beginning, vise versa

I'm sorry for your loss A Seeker, it's never easy losing a loved one, especially your father.

Lindelani Mnisi- I'm guessing your in your late teens... go talk to a counselor. You're most likely suffering from a low grade depression. If you can't talk to a doctor, call a friend you can trust. Don't keep how you're feeling bottled up inside, let it out into the light of the day. Tell the truth and it will set you free.

Aaron

• Like 1

If the world was ending I wouldn't focus on chi, I would prepare myself by meditating on The Fear of Death and try to glue my soul parts together so they won't scatter all over the place.

Now the world isn't ending but I think our ecosystem might be... :(

I would prepare myself by meditating on LOVE!

that works ... regardless of what happens to the world... If the world was ending AND If the world wasn't ending LOVE makes it be a better place...